Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1274977 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kanny1(m): 2:53am On Nov 17, 2012
I have a challenge wit my hp 6735s laptop on windows 7. Last month i connected an mtn fastlink modem to update my avira antivirus. D update was supposed 2 b arund 40mb bt d download kept goin up to abt 50mb so i abruptly stopped it. Used it d nxt day n it suddenly hung. Tried 2 start bt hang at 'startin windows'. Launch safe mode bt 'll hang at classpnp.sys. Tried evrytin bt still d same. I used a restore cd only 2 discover it's a linux cd after installing it. Access 2 my bios set up requests 4 password wich i cant remember. I gav d system to an engr to fix n told him to remove d linux without affectin d files i saved on d hard disk bt he says he cant c any file. Dat d linux has wiped everytin off. okay i nw asked him to reformat n let me ve d system then he told me dat d system crashes anytime he wants 2 format it. Dat d board overheats because of fan prob thereby preventin him. This neva happened b4. I dont want to loose d files i saved on d hard disk. Pls advice me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 6:32am On Nov 17, 2012
kanny1: I have a challenge wit my hp 6735s laptop on windows 7. Last month i connected an mtn fastlink modem to update my avira antivirus. D update was supposed 2 b arund 40mb bt d download kept goin up to abt 50mb so i abruptly stopped it. Used it d nxt day n it suddenly hung. Tried 2 start bt hang at 'startin windows'. Launch safe mode bt 'll hang at classpnp.sys. Tried evrytin bt still d same. I used a restore cd only 2 discover it's a linux cd after installing it. Access 2 my bios set up requests 4 password wich i cant remember. I gav d system to an engr to fix n told him to remove d linux without affectin d files i saved on d hard disk bt he says he cant c any file. Dat d linux has wiped everytin off. okay i nw asked him to reformat n let me ve d system then he told me dat d system crashes anytime he wants 2 format it. Dat d board overheats because of fan prob thereby preventin him. This neva happened b4. I dont want to loose d files i saved on d hard disk. Pls advice me

That has gone really far....from the first stage where it hangs at starting windows you should have just run down here grin.
Why the system keep crashing during installation might be: because you have installed Linux on the HDD which has formatted the hard disk to ext2 or ext3 and is not compactable with windows, RAM,CPU temperature.... how many partition has your hard disk? i dont know if you have the laptop with you now?....i will suggest you collect it and get a Windows 7 DVD if thats the windows version you want though. any windows CD/DVD will do the work in NTFS formatting of your hard disk........ get back and lets diagnosis. wink
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Okaakoko(m): 6:57am On Nov 17, 2012
deji2009:

Laptop full model e.g. HP TX1000 or DV9000
Check at the back fo the laptop on the
top of the white labels

Peep/Look through the laptop charging point
without the charger connected and see if any
burn or melted plastics.

check the charger in question is 19v
Connect the charger to the laptop charing point
and try wigggling/shaking the far end of the charger
to see if you feel any movement/loose insde the laptop.

While you're doing that also keep an eye for any LED lights
try this several time and see if you'd get any lights as you
wiggle the charger.make sure the charger is connected to the mains.
at this point does not matter whether is gen or nepa

We're checking to make sure the laptop power jack has not seperate itself
from the Hp motherboard
.Have you also tried ?

Diagnostics

*Take out the battery,
*Remove main supply,
*Hold power button down for 30 secs,
*Put only power supply in, do not put battery in
*Turn laptop on
*Put the battery in.
Bros I am sorry for not replying all this while, our light was restored yesterday. I have tried everything but still not working. When the charger is pluged the charging led light come up for like 2 seconds and then off again. Also when I tried starting it, the led light will also come up for like 2 seconds and fan spins and stop. I have looked at the charging port, there is no melt there.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kanny1(m): 7:04am On Nov 17, 2012
adewasco2k:

That has gone really far....from the first stage where it hangs at starting windows you should have just run down here grin.
Why the system keep crashing during installation might be: because you have installed Linux on the HDD which has formatted the hard disk to ext2 or ext3 and is not compactable with windows, RAM,CPU temperature.... how many partition has your hard disk? i dont know if you have the laptop with you now?....i will suggest you collect it and get a Windows 7 DVD if thats the windows version you want though. any windows CD/DVD will do the work in NTFS formatting of your hard disk get back and lets diagnosis. wink
i tried dat it didn't work. Wit windows 7 os, d system hangs showing black screen after downloading the file from d disk.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 7:28am On Nov 17, 2012
kanny1: i tried dat it didn't work. Wit windows 7 os, d system hangs showing black screen after downloading the file from d disk.
try what? undecided i haven't ask you to even try anything yet. just told you what to get and if the system is with you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kanny1(m): 8:36am On Nov 17, 2012
I tried to use win 7 to c if i can get past where it hangs bt didnt work b4 i handed it over to d engr.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 9:25am On Nov 17, 2012
kanny1: I tried to use win 7 to c if i can get past where it hangs bt didnt work b4 i handed it over to d engr.
The question now is: are you with the system?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kanny1(m): 9:46am On Nov 17, 2012
Nope
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 9:58am On Nov 17, 2012
kanny1: Nope
okay...that said it all.
the engineer will keep trying his best on it.

advise if you can heed closely to instructions from guys here you should be able to get your PC back to life.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kanny1(m): 10:27am On Nov 17, 2012
Ok. I'll get it n get bak to u. Bt can 1 get bak d files on d system afta linux n windows OS formatin on d sys?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 6:09pm On Nov 17, 2012
kanny1: Ok. I'll get it n get bak to u. Bt can 1 get bak d files on d system afta linux n windows OS formatin on d sys?
Any Data Recovery Software should do the magic hopefully
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Joecares: 6:36pm On Nov 17, 2012
Pls wat can I do to a computer that stoped working after I formated the system and weneva I boot the system it often displays keybord error and mouse error.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by toksade: 3:11pm On Nov 18, 2012
Hi,
please help, my system just contact a virus, system progressive protection by name. I'm confuse, I don't even know what to do. Nothing is working on my system again. Please help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2012
toksade: Hi,
please help, my system just contact a virus, system progressive protection by name. I'm confuse, I don't even know what to do. Nothing is working on my system again. Please help

To do that you will need to pay attention to details. There might be a program to auto-remove it but i am not sure.
all you have to do is boot into your system in safe mode (restart your computer. -> As your computer restarts immediately, tap “F8″ key constantly. -> Use the arrow keys to highlight the “Safe Mode" ), after a successful boot up,
just to be very sure run taxt manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and stop all funny and unknown programs running...in my case i saw something like mspaint.exe....yours might be different tho as it generates random names.
Then search for system progressive protection and delete all its folder from your drive. (also take note of directories like C:\Users\~yourname~\AppData\*) check all the Local, Locallow and roaming. in those directories you will see system progressive protection and a random file name, Delete it.

Then the critical part of it all deleting its registry.
you have to be very very careful here:
click on start-->Run> then type in regedit
in regedit select “Edit,” then select “Find,” and in the search bar type system progressive protection.
any one you find right click on it and delete.

HINT
After making sure you have deleted all the files from your hard disk you can then try to restart your system and see if it works fine before even going to the registry editor.
my first try with such, i was lucky. undecided

IF YOU KNOW YOU CANT DO THIS! DONT EVEN TRY TO MESS THINGS UP IN YOUR REGEDIT.

Expecting more from Deji and other gurus

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:00pm On Nov 18, 2012
toksade: Hi,

Admin, I cant see my post. pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 10:07pm On Nov 18, 2012
deji2009:

Admin, I cant see my post. pls help
will really love to see your brilliant post.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:51pm On Nov 18, 2012
adewasco2k:

My findings can be found at

http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-system-progressive-protection.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:52pm On Nov 18, 2012
adewasco2k:

Same as yours adewasco2k and everybody else.
I always learn from your post.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NoQualms1(f): 11:16pm On Nov 18, 2012
deji2009:

Same as yours adewasco2k and everybody else.
I always learn from your post.

I'm still waiting for your reply. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:52pm On Nov 18, 2012
No Qualms:

The system is Acer Aspire 5920.

The ACER (Csmiley drive shows 8.71GB free of 111GB while the DATA (Dsmiley shows 25.4GB free of 107GB.

D drive is your erecovery management. do not mess with it or copy to it !

More things to try:
Turn off Hibernate (if you never use it).
Right-click the free space on your desktop and choose "Properties"
Click Screensaver tab and click "Power"
There you will find the "Hibernate" tab.

Do a Disk Cleanup:
You will find this in th Start Menu-> All Programs-> Accessories-> System Tools-> Disk Cleanup. Or right-click on your C: drive and choose "Properties". It's right there in the "Generel" tab.
It is safe to chose everything on this list (but I recommend unchecking "Temporary Internet files" as it annoyingly gets rid of all your "favorites" icons, and will fill back up in a few days anyway)

Defragment & Error-check C: drive
Right-click on your C: drive and choose "Properties".
You will find these in the "Tools" tab (may take over an hour for EACH).
Error-checking begins only after you restart your PC and will make it unusable for an hour or more. It does not require your attention during that period though... when it finishes it will eventually log onto Windows.

And finally:
You may want to tone-down the System Restore requirements:
A couple of Gb or 12% is more than enough for me, so maybe enough for you too.
You will find this by right-clicking "My Computer"-> Properties-> "System protection/Restore" tab. Chose C: drive and click "Settings"

Hope this helps!

Personally I would buy external hard drive save all your
work, pictures , document etc on it and reset the laptop
using alt+f10 on restarting to take to default settings.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jeffstone(m): 3:18pm On Nov 19, 2012
deji2009:

Does it turned on ?

Does it show anything
on the screen ?

Can you hear the fan spinning ?

When was the last time you take it
for a service or have someone serviced it ?

It's could be due to overheating hence
why is unable to start. A computer don't
stop because of using it too much. it would
continue to run because you have carried out
a preventative maintenance such as cpu fan
cleaned with compressed air, thermal compound
artic silver reapplied to cpu. consult your
techncian again he might have a solution for you
or get back to us

Computer was not working so i called the engineer. Nothing was displayed on the screen. But i could hear the sound of fans working. Like 10 days back i had a service of my PC and the engineer cleaned up all the dust particles. Still i had this issue...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by toksade: 5:26pm On Nov 19, 2012
Thank you very much for your response. It's very useful. I follow the process but I could not find anything like system progressive protection. But what happened was immediately I contacted the virus I seek for all possible solution. Then I asked online and I got a key code for that virus which I used and I was able to remove the virus that the system progressive protection claimed it saw on my system. I was asked to run a prog registryfix.reg, which I did. But other thing the site asked me to do was not successful, like I should download RKILL to scan my system with and other things like that which I was not able to do because they weren't downloading. Although, when I put the key code, the system was release and I can do what the virus as deprived me of from the time I contacted it. But the issue now is that after a while I began to see this messages: ''Science_1.2: lihirycosxam.exe'' - Bad Image. Then ''I/O Erro 1816'' will follow with many of it on the screen. And any time this come up, everything wil stop working on the system. Please if u know what I can do about this kindly tell me. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:38pm On Nov 19, 2012
toksade: Thank you very much for your response. It's very useful. I follow the process but I could not find anything like system progressive protection. But what happened was immediately I contacted the virus I seek for all possible solution. Then I asked online and I got a key code for that virus which I used and I was able to remove the virus that the system progressive protection claimed it saw on my system. I was asked to run a prog registryfix.reg, which I did. But other thing the site asked me to do was not successful, like I should download RKILL to scan my system with and other things like that which I was not able to do because they weren't downloading. Although, when I put the key code, the system was release and I can do what the virus as deprived me of from the time I contacted it. But the issue now is that after a while I began to see this messages: ''Science_1.2: lihirycosxam.exe'' - Bad Image. Then ''I/O Erro 1816'' will follow with many of it on the screen. And any time this come up, everything wil stop working on the system. Please if u know what I can do about this kindly tell me. Thanks.

That's good. I'm out now maybe wait for my colleagues to reply
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chiefupper: 8:23pm On Nov 19, 2012
Plz I av a problem on my system and it is giving me headache,everytime I power on my system the icons always scattered before it booth finish,if I find time to rearrange it to normal,the moment I shut down and later on it again,the same thing still happen AGAIN!!! Plz help me out by replying me.tanx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hackomania(m): 10:17pm On Nov 19, 2012
@toksade, I believe you should read the link previously posted, that will help. Use AA39754E-715219CE as the key if asked for it. Or I can recommend downloading a file called hijackthis.exe and scanning your system with it and posting the log to this forum so we could jointly analyse.

P.S. I would love to be more active on this thread, but time constraints are much.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sino(m): 11:19pm On Nov 19, 2012
Chiefupper: Plz I av a problem on my system and it is giving me headache,everytime I power on my system the icons always scattered before it booth finish,if I find time to rearrange it to normal,the moment I shut down and later on it again,the same thing still happen AGAIN!!! Plz help me out by replying me.tanx
Hello,
How do you rearrange? Do you drag and drop? If you do, then what you need to do is right click on your desktop, then go to "arrange icons by" and you choose any of the drop down options.
I hope it works.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chiefupper: 2:08am On Nov 20, 2012
sino:
Hello,
How do you rearrange? Do you drag and drop? If you do, then what you need to do is right click on your desktop, then go to "arrange icons by" and you choose any of the drop down options.
I hope it works.
yes it is drag n drop am using but all wot it brought out afta right clicking are view,sort by,refresh,paste,paste shortcut,NVIDIA Control panel,groove folder synchronization,new and personalize datz all,no arrange icons by (d laptop na sony pentium m window vista)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by toksade: 7:25am On Nov 20, 2012
Hackomania: @toksade, I believe you should read the link previously posted, that will help. Use AA39754E-715219CE as the key if asked for it. Or I can recommend downloading a file called hijackthis.exe and scanning your system with it and posting the log to this forum so we could jointly analyse.

P.S. I would love to be more active on this thread, but time constraints are much.

Thank for your advice. I think I have removed the System Progressive Protection because that code you gave me is the same code I used and open it after which I was able to remove the virus. I Uninstall SPP. But two days after new thing started. That is, when I on the system, before 15min a dialoge box will come up reading I/O error 1816, and begin to duplicate itself. When this happen, the whole system wil stop working. Nothing will respond again. So, the assistance I need is to knw what that I/O error 1816 mean, and how to stop it from coming up again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sino(m): 8:21am On Nov 20, 2012
Chiefupper:
yes it is drag n drop am using but all wot it brought out afta right clicking are view,sort by,refresh,paste,paste shortcut,NVIDIA Control panel,groove folder synchronization,new and personalize datz all,no arrange icons by (d laptop na sony pentium m window vista)

Sorry, i was thinking in xp...
You should therefore go to sort by, and choose any of the options, name, size, etc.
This should fix it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Emdee590(m): 8:55am On Nov 20, 2012
adewasco2k:
Any Data Recovery Software should do the magic hopefully

Hopefuly google search dz software 'Recuva'
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 20, 2012
Morning. How much does it cost to replace a broken HP 620 screen? Thanks for your reply.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NoQualms1(f): 3:56pm On Nov 20, 2012
deji2009:

D drive is your erecovery management. do not mess with it or copy to it !

More things to try:
Turn off Hibernate (if you never use it).
Right-click the free space on your desktop and choose "Properties"
Click Screensaver tab and click "Power"
There you will find the "Hibernate" tab.

Do a Disk Cleanup:
You will find this in th Start Menu-> All Programs-> Accessories-> System Tools-> Disk Cleanup. Or right-click on your C: drive and choose "Properties". It's right there in the "Generel" tab.
It is safe to chose everything on this list (but I recommend unchecking "Temporary Internet files" as it annoyingly gets rid of all your "favorites" icons, and will fill back up in a few days anyway)

Defragment & Error-check C: drive
Right-click on your C: drive and choose "Properties".
You will find these in the "Tools" tab (may take over an hour for EACH).
Error-checking begins only after you restart your PC and will make it unusable for an hour or more. It does not require your attention during that period though... when it finishes it will eventually log onto Windows.

And finally:
You may want to tone-down the System Restore requirements:
A couple of Gb or 12% is more than enough for me, so maybe enough for you too.
You will find this by right-clicking "My Computer"-> Properties-> "System protection/Restore" tab. Chose C: drive and click "Settings"

Hope this helps!

Personally I would buy external hard drive save all your
work, pictures , document etc on it and reset the laptop
using alt+f10 on restarting to take to default settings.

Thank you so much. I will do all that and give feedback. I would have loved to go for the last option but I have a lot of installed programs without their installation software (I hope this makes sense), and I don't have access to the softwares.
Thank you for your time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.