Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,046 members, 7,953,157 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:31 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1331655 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (1233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VGA: 4:25pm On Nov 20, 2012
cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VGA: 4:26pm On Nov 20, 2012
cool
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VGA: 4:29pm On Nov 20, 2012
[ angry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chiefupper: 6:27am On Nov 21, 2012
sino:

Sorry, i was thinking in xp...
You should therefore go to sort by, and choose any of the options, name, size, etc.
This should fix it.
Thank u very much,my problem has been solved(it has stop d disarrangement).My new question is if I power on my system,while boothin it wil display nimbuss automatically wc i dont lyk,plz ao cn i stop these?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sniperx6: 4:20pm On Nov 21, 2012
I want to reboost my laptop battery bcus it not charging can anybody hellp? Here z my number u welcum
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NoQualms1(f): 8:22pm On Nov 21, 2012
@deji2009, I was able to recover some memory using the methods you said I should use. I didn't delete hibernation files because I hibernate 95% of the time. Thank you. God bless you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 9:11pm On Nov 21, 2012
sniperx6: I want to reboost my laptop battery bcus it not charging can anybody hellp? Here z my number u welcum
Ur Battery is bad or d charger ! U dont need to reboost anything , whats d make of ur laptop we help u get a new warranty ONE Contact ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT Tel: 08133018196,07082998588
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lordgatt46(m): 12:00pm On Nov 22, 2012
why is my laptop writting WINDOW EXPLORER NOT WORKING
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:55pm On Nov 22, 2012
kanny1: I have a challenge wit my hp 6735s laptop on windows 7. Last month i connected an mtn fastlink modem to update my avira antivirus. D update was supposed 2 b arund 40mb bt d download kept goin up to abt 50mb so i abruptly stopped it. Used it d nxt day n it suddenly hung. Tried 2 start bt hang at 'startin windows'. Launch safe mode bt 'll hang at classpnp.sys. Tried evrytin bt still d same. I used a restore cd only 2 discover it's a linux cd after installing it. Access 2 my bios set up requests 4 password wich i cant remember. I gav d system to an engr to fix n told him to remove d linux without affectin d files i saved on d hard disk bt he says he cant c any file. Dat d linux has wiped everytin off. okay i nw asked him to reformat n let me ve d system then he told me dat d system crashes anytime he wants 2 format it. Dat d board overheats because of fan prob thereby preventin him. This neva happened b4. I dont want to loose d files i saved on d hard disk. Pls advice me
this is another DUMB n DUMBER story..when you tried updating and you system hung at classpnp.sys..why dint you just contact an expert immediately before trying to use a restore cd.now let me educate u all(the DIYs)
possible cause: while your antivirus was integrating the update files into system,it encountered an error which may be "bad sector,network failure(from d modem)so it cldn't continue or tried to revert the changes made(roll back) or hardware failure(atimes,your modem may lose connection to the laptop via the usb port or not well positioned)thereby causing a "bluescreen" or force a "restart" or just simply a "virus attack"(im aware of that some malwares when they become resident in your system for so long,tend to make antivirus "unstable".
2..attempting safemode was a correct step but the moment you encountered an error,the next thing to do was to consult an expert
what i wld have done wld be: repair the OS or regenerate the hard disk(if caused by bad sector) .remove the hard drive to scan and backup my documents onto another computer before i start any recovery procedure.
3..every intelligent expert knows that most recovery cds(hiren,yamisoft,kaspersky rescue disc) are prepared in linux environment(because it wld override all windows settings and "mount" the drive so as to "inherit all windows rights"..yet,there was still no need for the rescue cd yet..you simply didnt understand the difference between RESTORE CD and RESCUE CD.
restore cd is a set of discs or commands prepared only for a particular system only to be used to return the system back to factory state..
rescue cd is a Linux system rescue disk available as a bootable CD-ROM or USB stick for administrating or repairing your system and data after a crash. It aims to provide an easy way to carry out admin tasks on your computer, such as creating and editing the hard disk partitions.
already,you have a restore button on ur laptop on restart F11..bad thing is,if u start this procedure only for a sec,it wld wipe all ur data back to factory state wen not properly followed.i guess that was responsible for ur engr saying he dint see any files or as a result of the rescue cd..
now ,to the DUMBER
wat kinda engineer cannot format a hard drive the cite reason as "Dat d board overheats because of fan prob thereby preventin him"?isnt that just too ridiculous?he just cant simply remove the harddrive and put into an external to diagnose from another system?
pls tell him to do that then apprise us of his finding then we can continue to be of assistance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 2:06pm On Nov 22, 2012
toksade: Thank you very much for your response. It's very useful. I follow the process but I could not find anything like system progressive protection. But what happened was immediately I contacted the virus I seek for all possible solution. Then I asked online and I got a key code for that virus which I used and I was able to remove the virus that the system progressive protection claimed it saw on my system. I was asked to run a prog registryfix.reg, which I did. But other thing the site asked me to do was not successful, like I should download RKILL to scan my system with and other things like that which I was not able to do because they weren't downloading. Although, when I put the key code, the system was release and I can do what the virus as deprived me of from the time I contacted it. But the issue now is that after a while I began to see this messages: ''Science_1.2: lihirycosxam.exe'' - Bad Image. Then ''I/O Erro 1816'' will follow with many of it on the screen. And any time this come up, everything wil stop working on the system. Please if u know what I can do about this kindly tell me. Thanks.
pele..you just got hit by an ADWARE as a malware..(Adware, or advertising-supported software, is any software package which automatically renders advertisements in order to generate revenue for its author. The advertisements may be in the user interface of the software or on a screen presented to the user during the installation process. The functions may be designed to analyze which Internet sites the user visits and to present advertising pertinent to the types of goods or services featured there. The term is sometimes used to refer to software that displays unwanted advertisements.
just pray it doesnt "hijack" ur system.
try enter safe mode then do a system restore back to the earlier days before u started experiencing any of these problem ..then try uninstall the software wit the "magical code" u downloaded
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 2:17pm On Nov 22, 2012
Hackomania: @toksade, I believe you should read the link previously posted, that will help. Use AA39754E-715219CE as the key if asked for it. Or I can recommend downloading a file called hijackthis.exe and scanning your system with it and posting the log to this forum so we could jointly analyse.

P.S. I would love to be more active on this thread, but time constraints are much.
pls ow can u advise a simple user to use "hijackthis"..can he decode the codes...NO!..it's totally unprofessional...he may just delete something really important..its either you schedule an appointment wit him,teamviewer him or simply refer him to a pro..
pls lets not contribute more to their problems as they dont give incisive analysis of their probs.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dospix(m): 3:17pm On Nov 22, 2012
Helo gurus...I use a hp dual core Amd processor;currently,some of my keyboard keys just stopped working:start key,shift,esc,g,h,delet,alt,1,2.pls what do i do? I realy need your assistance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dospix(m): 3:53pm On Nov 22, 2012
deji2009:

Is it Hp dv6-400ct or similar ?

We need these numbers.its very unique to each product.

While holding down the Ctrl and Alt keys, press the S key on the keyboard.
The Compaq Support Information window appears.
This window contains the model number of your HP computer.
For example 6330US.Also check the back of the battery

When you have this go search for it on hp website and download the drivers you need.

or

If your computer has the HP Support Assistant, you can find the model
number at the bottom of the main screen.
Tnks bro.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by toksade: 9:35pm On Nov 22, 2012
sameolg616:
pele..you just got hit by an ADWARE as a malware..(Adware, or advertising-supported software, is any software package which automatically renders advertisements in order to generate revenue for its author. The advertisements may be in the user interface of the software or on a screen presented to the user during the installation process. The functions may be designed to analyze which Internet sites the user visits and to present advertising pertinent to the types of goods or services featured there. The term is sometimes used to refer to software that displays unwanted advertisements.
just pray it doesnt "hijack" ur system.
try enter safe mode then do a system restore back to the earlier days before u started experiencing any of these problem ..then try uninstall the software wit the "magical code" u downloaded

@sameolg616. I must thank you. Your directive as solve the problem. After Restoring the system to the earlier state, everything became normal. Thank you, you are just the best...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:20pm On Nov 22, 2012
Dospix: Helo gurus...I use a hp dual core Amd processor;currently,some of my keyboard keys just stopped working:start key,shift,esc,g,h,delet,alt,1,2.pls what do i do? I realy need your assistance.

emove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer.

Click the Start button , click the arrow next to the Shut Down button , and then click Restart.
Do one of the following:

If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts.
You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you'll need to try again by waiting until the
Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.

If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highligh
the operating system you want to start in safe mode, and then press F8.

On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys
to highlight the safe mode option you want, and then press Enter.
For more information about options, see Advanced startup options (including safe mode)

Open word pa or notepad then test the keys. what happened ? if it works in safe mode could be a software
conflict causing it in normal windows. if does not work could try system resote next when you contact us
hope you have not tempared with the bios just of recent Hardware visualization when do you start having this
problem. do you have more than one antivirus software installed

Log on to your computer with a user account that has administrator rights.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by toksade: 7:50am On Nov 23, 2012
Hello, gurus in the house. Please I want to know if I can break the Visafone data card for me to use it with any network. If yes, how? And again, I want to know if I can use SIM card on that data card.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lekan155: 11:36am On Nov 23, 2012
pls , gurus, what is the cause of ink on my screen, it ist appear as a tiny dot and it spread in 2 different areas
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:14pm On Nov 23, 2012
Lekan155: pls , gurus, what is the cause of ink on my screen, it ist appear as a tiny dot and it spread in 2 different areas

f you have a monitor it has a VGA or HDMI cable, there should be a socket on the
side or rear of the laptop to enable the
cable to be connected. Most laptops have them,
even 10 year old ones! What you may need to do
is switch between
the LCD on the laptop and the external one,
this is most likely the Fn button and one of the
F keys on the top, many are F5, some are
F2 some are F8 so look for a monitor picture on the keys

This would display on the monitor and tell us whether
the laptop screen is ok or not. Give us the result

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lekan155: 12:59pm On Nov 23, 2012
@deji2009, on the screen of the external monitor appears clear, no ink on it...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:47pm On Nov 23, 2012
Lekan155: @deji2009, on the screen of the external monitor appears clear, no ink on it...

You can upload us the picture of the laptop screen further analysis. from what I gathered from your post, the
lapop sscreen is the problem. Take for a repair. dont know how much as I'm not a nigeria resident.
where do you live I might be able to link you with adewale or adetwin, they are Computer engr to
contact for further information on cost and repair procedures. what's the laptop make and model number
e.g. Toshiba P300-20H Windows Vista Home premium
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 23, 2012
I'm having problem with my laptop's hard disc. I tried 4matting it d last time but its showing hard disc error. Any hope 4 repair pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:53pm On Nov 23, 2012
chindi: I'm having problem with my laptop's hard disc. I tried 4matting it d last time but its showing hard disc error. Any hope 4 repair pls

To enable us gather diagnostics,
What's the main problem ?
Why are you formatting?
What's the hard disk error ?

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 1:59pm On Nov 23, 2012
Lekan155: pls , gurus, what is the cause of ink on my screen, it ist appear as a tiny dot and it spread in 2 different areas
Ur screen is going HOME SOONEST ! Contact ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. for screen replacement, We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT Tel: 08133018196,07082998588
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:01pm On Nov 23, 2012
adetwin:
Ur screen is going HOME SOONEST ! Contact ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. for screen replacement, We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT Tel: 08133018196,07082998588

deji2009:

You can upload us the picture of the laptop screen further analysis. from what I gathered from your post, the
lapop sscreen is the problem. Take for a repair. dont know how much as I'm not a nigeria resident.
where do you live I might be able to link you with adewale or adetwin, they are Computer engr to
contact for further information on cost and repair procedures. what's the laptop make and model number
e.g. Toshiba P300-20H Windows Vista Home premium

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 23, 2012
deji2009:

To enable us gather diagnostics,
What's the main problem ?
Why are you formatting?
What's the hard disk error ?
Its an old model laptop sha.. Compaq by name. Anytime I boot it, it jst shows compaq nd thatz all. I thought it was a problem of 4matting, but when someone tried to 4mat it, it showed hard disc error
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:16pm On Nov 23, 2012
chindi:
Its an old model laptop sha.. Compaq by name. Anytime I boot it, it jst shows compaq nd thatz all. I thought it was a problem of 4matting, but when someone tried to 4mat it, it showed hard disc error

Step 1
Turn on or reboot your Compaq computer.

Step 2
Press F10repeatedly while the computer boots up within the
short window of time allocated to enter BIOS. In Compaq computers built before 2006,
you will need to press F1 instead.

Step 3
Navigate the BIOS menu using your keyboard.
Your mouse will not function within BIOS.

L@@k for diagnostics hard drive test
run the test making sure your laptop
is pluuged to the mains electricity for the tes
to complete. running it on battery would interrupt it.

Should either pass or failed or with a code
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 23, 2012
deji2009:

Step 1
Turn on or reboot your Compaq computer.

Step 2
Press F10repeatedly while the computer boots up within the
short window of time allocated to enter BIOS. In Compaq computers built before 2006,
you will need to press F1 instead.

Step 3
Navigate the BIOS menu using your keyboard.
Your mouse will not function within BIOS.

L@@k for diagnostics hard drive test
run the test making sure your laptop
is pluuged to the mains electricity for the tes
to complete. running it on battery would interrupt it.

Should either pass or failed or with a code
Thankz dear. Will let u knw when i try it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lekan155: 2:41pm On Nov 23, 2012
@DEJI2009, the laptop is presario CQ60, WINDOW 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:45pm On Nov 23, 2012
Lekan155: @DEJI2009, the laptop is presario CQ60, WINDOW 7

With these information it makes it alot better.

Restart the laptop keep pressing f10 until you
see a bios setup utility main, security ,diagnostics exit etc

Can you see the ink on the bios screen. if it is. The screen need
replacing take it your nearest laptop mechanic
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lekan155: 4:42pm On Nov 23, 2012
@deji, d ink is at thesame position on the bios screeen
does that mean changing the screen?

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (1233) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.