Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1271426 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:10pm On Nov 23, 2012
Lekan155: @deji, d ink is at thesame position on the bios screeen
does that mean changing the screen?

yes !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sino(m): 6:29pm On Nov 23, 2012
Chiefupper:
Thank u very much,my problem has been solved(it has stop d disarrangement).My new question is if I power on my system,while boothin it wil display nimbuss automatically wc i dont lyk,plz ao cn i stop these?
You are welcome,

Hope you have fixed this problem, if not, then follow this steps;
Go to start, and then click on Run.
A dialog box will appear, type msconfig and press enter.
In the msconfig interface, go to start-up tab, there, the list of programs which starts as your computer boots to windows are displayed.
You should look for the nimbuzz program and uncheck the box.
Save and restart your system.
this should fix it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sajakr: 2:22am On Nov 24, 2012
i did an update now after 2years my pc is saying the windows is not genuine and screen keeps going black internet works . but system restore wont
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 24, 2012
sajakr: i did an update now after 2years my pc is saying the windows is not genuine and screen keeps going black internet works . but system restore wont
What Windows? Probably, you are using Windows XP!

If that is the case and you want to stick to old Windows operating system I would advice you Google on ' RemoveWGA 1.2'. Download it and run it. The system will restart and ask you to click 'OK' to finish the process. After that change your desktop background to your preferred one
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tolulopejohn01(m): 12:39pm On Nov 25, 2012
Pls,I have a toshiba laptop which is just about a year and half old,bt recently I discoverd dt anytym I turn it on afta about fifteen minute of use,it jst turn off,even afta restartin it,afta some tym,it still turn itself off.please help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:38pm On Nov 25, 2012
tolulopejohn01: Pls,I have a toshiba laptop which is just about a year and half old,bt recently I discoverd dt anytym I turn it on afta about fifteen minute of use,it jst turn off,even afta restartin it,afta some tym,it still turn itself off.please help

when you turn it on and the time it turns off is the fan always running

if it running from start to switch off it might be that your air ducts are clogged with dirt
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mojibola(m): 7:02am On Nov 26, 2012
Good morning bro...
I av ds hp laptop with a problem, it displays the discovery manager at start-up, i already did the options it gave me (at least one of them), backed it up and reinstall the whole system software..more like restoring factory settings, buh d problem iz dt i cant still get past the recovery manager even as it restarts itself during its restoring to factory settings...pls help..
Thanx very much.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 9:37pm On Nov 26, 2012
tolulopejohn01: Pls,I have a toshiba laptop which is just about a year and half old,bt recently I discoverd dt anytym I turn it on afta about fifteen minute of use,it jst turn off,even afta restartin it,afta some tym,it still turn itself off.please help

More info required:

1. Does it shutdown of just goes off. Does it show U a message b4 going off.
2. R u sure that the battery and chargers are ok.
Answer these two questions and let's take it from there.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:56pm On Nov 26, 2012

Answer all questions !

Does it restart on charger ?
" " " " Battery ?

Any error message on restart ?

Is the air vent underneath or back
of the laptop running ?

Any of the usb ports damage

Is the fan running very fast ?

Connect charger and make sure laptop
is plug to mains and keep pressing f2 on restart
to get you to the bios setup utility. leave it there for
As long as necessary until it turns itself off

Time how it takes to turn off
if it does is oveheating problem
take it to a laptop mechanic for repairs
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:41am On Nov 27, 2012

Can you hear the fan running fast ?
where do you often use the laptop ? e..g
on the bed, on a flat surface etc

Step by Step: Entering the BIOS
Get ready to act quickly: You need to
start the computer and press a key on the keyboard before
the BIOS hands over control to Windows.
You have only a few seconds to perform this step.

Boot (or restart) the PC: Pay close attention
to the first screen that appears. Look for a message
that indicates which key you need to press in order
to access the BIOS. That key is likely to be:
F2. when in bios make sure the mains lead is connected
to the mains and leave the laptop until it shutdown itself and
tell us how long it takes in the bios
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by miqos02(m): 7:58am On Nov 27, 2012
Mojibola: Good morning bro...
I av ds hp laptop with a problem, it displays the discovery manager at start-up, i already did the options it gave me (at least one of them), backed it up and reinstall the whole system software..more like restoring factory settings, buh d problem iz dt i cant still get past the recovery manager even as it restarts itself during its restoring to factory settings...pls help..
Thanx very much.
maybe u should consider replacing the hard drive
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sino(m): 8:32am On Nov 27, 2012
Does it show a blue screen even if its just for a moment?
Does it do that on a.c power supply as well as on battery?

Your case is probably hardware issue, a routine maintenance might fix it i.e cleaning,using a blower, reseating chips etc. , if not that a component is faulty e.g VGA
I advice you take it to a computer technician.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:20am On Nov 27, 2012

Does it power off
when on charger
or battery ?

usb port damage ?

any erro message ?

turn on
press f2
for bios
and plug
in charger
to the laptop
and to the mains
leave it on the bios
screen until it shutdown itself
take note of the time it takes]
to power off
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oshobasmart: 11:20am On Nov 27, 2012
i have a problem with my laptop is refusing to boot
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:45am On Nov 27, 2012
Mojibola: Good morning bro...
Thanx very much.
no need 2 replace your hard disk. I once ran into that same problem before. The problem is that the OS has marked the wrong partition as the active 1 hence the recovery loop. If u're in lag, try and get in touch wit me, let me have a look at it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:48am On Nov 27, 2012
oshobasmart: i have a problem with my laptop is refusing to boot
that's a very vague description. Does it even come and display the laptop's manufacturer's logo at all? Give more details to enable us better understand the problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cyprel(m): 9:40pm On Nov 27, 2012
I have a HP PAVILLON dv6000 laptop....d laptop dont seems to on anymore i tried all i could but to no avail.am very much afraid now cos i have a lot of unsaved document,various design etc....guys wot do u tink is really happening?pls useful responses will b useful at this point as it will me know d next step to follow rather than to throw it away
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 7:05am On Nov 28, 2012
cyprel: I have a HP PAVILLON dv6000 laptop....d laptop dont seems to on anymore i tried all i could but to no avail.am very much afraid now cos i have a lot of unsaved document,various design etc....guys wot do u tink is really happening?pls useful responses will b useful at this point as it will me know d next step to follow rather than to throw it away

no much details to render specific support!
questions:
its not coming on as in no light comes up?
if you insert the charger those the charging light come up?
those the screen display any messsage, or just blank white screen or it doesnt even come up at all?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by greatgeo(m): 7:37am On Nov 28, 2012
Help my system hang on start up-i got a memory in other to increase d speed of my computer samsung intel p3 board which was working fine only to use both memory to start d system on start it just hang and then show samsung.kb light on but not responding.sometimes dont com up. fan,memory ok done all i know hw to yet no result.please help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cyprel(m): 7:56am On Nov 28, 2012
@adewasco2k
the charging light does not on...nothing seems to display.everytin is just blanck.wot may rili b d fault?i rili want to know so those computer village guys wont extort my pocket dry.tanx as i await ur response
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samolina1(m): 9:14am On Nov 28, 2012
Gurus please help! My laptop's two USB Interface are selecting, they would work with only printer and scanner. How can i resolve this? Awaits response please....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dljbd1(m): 3:03pm On Nov 28, 2012
I have a clean:
HP Probook 4515s - AMD Turion(tm) X2 Dual Core/3GB/320GB/CAM/BT
nd evrytyn stil functions xcept its ROM. I want 2change it cos I need an Intel board.
Pls, at wht price do u think i can sell it for?
Thnx

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 28, 2012
pls,gurus in the house,what could be making my acer netbook d257's windows explorer to stop working and restarting on start up,pls help cos its getting frustratening.i'll be waiting pls sad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:49pm On Nov 28, 2012
Temistatics 007: pls,gurus in the house,what could be making my acer netbook d257's windows explorer to stop working and restarting on start up,pls help cos its getting frustratening.i'll be waiting pls sad

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2694911

Make sure you have no google desktop installed
check your programme in control panel

Click start, all progra...accesso... run
and type msconfig remove the ticks from
all programme except your security software and
anyythig that says microsoft or c windows dont remove that

restart and put a tick in do not show this msg again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:52pm On Nov 28, 2012
dl_jbd: I have a clean:
HP Probook 4515s - AMD Dual Core/3GB/320GB/
CAM/BT
nd evrytyn stil functions xcept
of course its ROM. I want 2change it cos I need an
Intel board.
Pls, at wht price do u think i can sell
it for?
Thnx

Use this link http://ask.metafilter.com/155022/Why-does-my-USB-port-now-only-work-with-one-device
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 6:04pm On Nov 28, 2012
cyprel: I have a HP PAVILLON dv6000 laptop....d laptop dont seems to on anymore i tried all i could but to no avail.am very much afraid now cos i have a lot of unsaved document,various design etc....guys wot do u tink is really happening?pls useful responses will b useful at this point as it will me know d next step to follow rather than to throw it away
1stly Ur documents are save, it cud be tht ur d board is abt to ..... Or d RAM. FOR GOOD SUPPORT
Contact ADETWIN IT CONCEPTS ENT. We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT Tel: 07082998588,08133018196,07057140885
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 9:45pm On Nov 28, 2012
samolina1: Gurus please help! My laptop's two USB Interface are selecting, they would work with only printer and scanner. How can i resolve this? Awaits response please....
1stly Ur Location ? It could b d OS.... For a good solution. Contact ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT Tel: 07082998588,08133018196
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 9:51pm On Nov 28, 2012
Temistatics 007: pls,gurus in the house,what could be making my acer netbook d257's windows explorer to stop working and restarting on start up,pls help cos its getting frustratening.i'll be waiting pls sad
As deji said try that and get bak to us then may b a file is corrupt U can contact ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT Tel: 07057140885,07082998588
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by waro: 11:19am On Nov 29, 2012
Acer extensa 4230 is showing me start normaly nd once i pres the enter key it trips of as soon as it tried processin. Thoug the battery wast dead nd i hav been managin it like that. Pls advice thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dljbd1(m): 1:06pm On Nov 29, 2012
Pls, una neva ans me Ooo! Pls need an idea abt d price.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ilemz(m): 1:15pm On Nov 29, 2012
please help me unlock my ZTE MODERM MF631 AND THE IMEI NUMBER IS 861424010504827 please i need the unlock code... thank you very much
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 2:39pm On Nov 29, 2012
Am having trouble logging in to my Y! Mail account 4om my phone and it seems to be so easy doing it from my desktop .. What may be the issues?

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.