Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,176 members, 7,845,868 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1281627 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by debedebe(m): 10:29am On Mar 21, 2013
deji2009:

I take it that the Hp laptop does not came with Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition ?
Please check the back. Did you used NTFS quick or Fat32 to format at the welcome screen ?

Did you have other operating system installed e.g. VISTA OR WINDOWS 7

Also is the cd original as original not copied or road seller type
Please, we are not rude.We know this happens alot when people
often refused to buy genuine software is common in our society

As well as check the bios by presssing f10 or f2 on start up and go to
boot configuration or other options until you found sata native mode
disabled it please and save the changes please refer to your screen.
if might be boot option ACHI you can change to compaibility mode
and save the changes either way those option should be in the bios and attepmt the installation
again make sure you saved the changes by pressing f10 plase refer to your scren

could clean the cd to make is not dirty
Thanks bro,i tried all my possible best but na same o,but it came wit windows vista,but problem wit hard drive wich has beem changed,d problem now is the file 'asms' is needed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 10:31am On Mar 21, 2013
olaniyanibukun: My etisalat modem is not working with my laptop. It is not seeing d sim card. When installed on another system, it worked. The other person that had d same problem as mine, took his laptop to their shop and they did it. How can I do mine without going to their office?
what is the make of the modem and on which Operating system are you running it on e.g Hauwei on Windows 8
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by c33b33(m): 1:36pm On Mar 21, 2013
my laptop keeps typing the '#' without been been pressed and some keys has stopped working which has made me resort to the onscreen keyboard which makes typing slow...please help.THANKS!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 1:47pm On Mar 21, 2013
c33b33: my laptop keeps typing the '#' without been been pressed and some keys has stopped working which has made me resort to the onscreen keyboard which makes typing slow...please help.THANKS!!!
Whats the model.?

You nid a new keyboard. Shouldnt be more than 3k if its an hp.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ugobanks: 8:08am On Mar 22, 2013
Hi guys, my laptop hp pavilion dv 2500 suddenly developed a problem.When i switch it on it refuses to come on as i see a dark screen.Even though the blue lights come on.I was told its the VGA na its not replacable. I am not techy but i am sure you guys know what i mean.Please what could be the cause and remedy.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:08am On Mar 22, 2013
ugobanks: Hi guys, my laptop hp pavilion dv 2500 suddenly developed a problem.When i switch it on it refuses to come on as i see a dark screen.Even though the blue lights come on.I was told its the VGA na its not replacable. I am not techy but i am sure you guys know what i mean.Please what could be the cause and remedy.

HP Pavilion DV series are known for their issues
with the cooling system.its sometime get very hot causing
the integrated video chip to move away from the motherboard.
This has been ongoing for a long time now and is well documented
all over the internet. Please refer to the following link

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2010/HP-Expands-Recall-of-Notebook-Computer-Batteries-Due-to-Fire-Hazard/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4words: 12:03pm On Mar 22, 2013
My hp pavilion dv6000 mother board and battery is faulty so I need to where I can get them and at what price. Please your reply would be appreciated.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 1:58pm On Mar 22, 2013
4words: My hp pavilion dv6000 mother board and battery is faulty so I need to where I can get them and at what price. Please your reply would be appreciated.
the board should be around 25k while battery is around 6k

where is your location?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ajax1211: 4:30pm On Mar 22, 2013
Am havin some problems wit my system, wen I switch on, it takes about 10 to 20 mins for the system to com up,the fan comes up, the lights too but the system delays for sometime before the screen displays. Am thinking the fault is either wit the RAM,procesor or board, Pls I need advise on this, am a former eengineer and I can dig into the laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 5:20pm On Mar 22, 2013
4words: My hp pavilion dv6000 mother board and battery is faulty so I need to where I can get them and at what price. Please your reply would be appreciated.

Whats wrong with? Maybe someone here can help you repair it or did it get burnt..?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:29pm On Mar 22, 2013
Ajax1211: Am havin some problems wit my system, wen I switch on, it takes about 10 to 20 mins for the system to com up,the fan comes up, the lights too but the system delays for sometime before the screen displays. Am thinking the fault is either wit the RAM,procesor or board, Pls I need advise on this, am a former eengineer and I can dig into the laptop.

Since you are a former engineer...just update the bios firmware.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by c33b33(m): 10:43pm On Mar 22, 2013
onegig:
Whats the model.?

You nid a new keyboard. Shouldnt be more than 3k if its an hp.
It's an acer aspire mini laptop.....a new keyboard?an external one or the in built has to be replaced?Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ifetex(m): 11:25pm On Mar 22, 2013
Hi every one in d hause, first af all enough respect 2 onegig & others 4 helping last time

i knw dis one may b a litle problem but it not 2 me
am using HP compaq 6220
when i unplug it 4rm d light it will short down dsam time
and i try my best 2 set it, and nw it short dawn even with d 100% power remaining after unpluging 4rm d light

is't 4rm d setting or?
any help?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 4:09am On Mar 23, 2013
Ifetex: Hi every one in d hause, first af all enough respect 2 onegig & others 4 helping last time

i knw dis one may b a litle problem but it not 2 me
am using HP compaq 6220
when i unplug it 4rm d light it will short down dsam time
and i try my best 2 set it, and nw it short dawn even with d 100% power remaining after unpluging 4rm d light

is't 4rm d setting or?
any help?
Since if have an HP computer goto HP support assistant and run a battery check. see what the battery status is, to be sure its not your battery that is dead.

If battery check shows your battery is okay, try to check your power management settings, look for power scheme and select Rixane Power Scheme or Portable/Laptop. thats the utility that switches between AC and Battery when the power cable/charger is plugged in or unplugged while the laptop is on. I dont know if you have that option on your PC though.

You can also check under the battery option, goto advanced power settings and check what the level set for low battery and action selected. if its set to like 100% and action is shut down, you can have that problem, you simply do a restore settings for that if you dont know what to do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ifetex(m): 6:30am On Mar 23, 2013
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ifetex(m): 6:33am On Mar 23, 2013
adewasco2k:
Since if have an HP computer goto HP support assistant and run a battery check. see what the battery status is, to be sure its not your battery that is dead.

If battery check shows your battery is okay, try to check your power management settings, look for power scheme and select Rixane Power Scheme or Portable/Laptop. thats the utility that switches between AC and Battery when the power cable/charger is plugged in or unplugged while the laptop is on. I dont know if you have that option on your PC though.

You can also check under the battery option, goto advanced power settings and check what the level set for low battery and action selected. if its set to like 100% and action is shut down, you can have that problem, you simply do a restore settings for that if you dont know what to do

ok tnks let me try it or even restor it and i will b bak
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hismail1(m): 8:53am On Mar 23, 2013
deji2009:

I acknowledged adewasko and onegig [/b]advice.Would you
please state the laptop make and model number. for example toshiba
p300-20h windows vista or Windows 7. was the Winning eleven9 downloaded onto your
computer or was it an installation you installed through a cd ?

We would like you to run a video test
named [b]dxdiag
. click start, all prog...., access...run click on it
a box would pop up type in dxdiag and press enter navigate to display and
click test at the bottom XP only. what happened please ?

Also on the same screen go to information and state thedirect x version e.g. DirectX 8.1
or higher. on display make sure all the direx features are all enabled

Also I need you to physically check that your drivers is uptodate by
brining run again and type in devmgmt.msc and press enter click the + sign next to display
adaptor right click then click update make sure yo 're connect to teh internet. also
my good colleague onegig suggested that you try uninstalling when you right click and restart the
comp..for changes to take effect .
thanks guys,i changed the screen resolution and my game z back to normal
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:37am On Mar 23, 2013
c33b33: It's an acer aspire mini laptop.....a new keyboard?an external one or the in built has to be replaced?Thanks

The built in one has to be replaced.. Shouldnt cost more than 3k since its a mini inside computer village.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by olaniyanibukun(m): 10:58am On Mar 23, 2013
adewasco2k:
what is the make of the modem and on which Operating system are you running it on e.g Hauwei on Windows 8

Huwaei... Windows 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by franklinw94(m): 1:38pm On Mar 23, 2013
Please post a link by which I can get a good Adobe flash player.....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 2:17pm On Mar 23, 2013
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mriceberg(m): 2:32pm On Mar 23, 2013
Hp pavilion dv6 laptops with 8gb ram, 750hdd, webcam, bluetooth, intel core i3, windows 7 (6months warranty) etc:N35,000
CALL TONY ON 08162878550
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by c33b33(m): 3:02pm On Mar 23, 2013
onegig:

The built in one has to be replaced.. Shouldnt cost more than 3k since its a mini inside computer village.
Thanks!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 7:52pm On Mar 23, 2013
debedebe: Thanks bro,i tried all my possible best but na same o,but it came wit windows vista,but problem wit hard drive wich has beem changed,d problem now is the file 'asms' is needed

Bro get anoda XP cd and start the installation all over again....that should solve the problem.....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ajax1211: 8:07pm On Mar 23, 2013
@ onegig, sorry way do u mean by updating the bios firmware, its that the problem wit the system? Pls aam a former engineer wit little knowlegde, so pls help me wit enough details. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 8:57pm On Mar 23, 2013
Thanks guys but I think d real problem z with d card and its comparability issue with d mother board but I must confess am surprised it didn't work
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:54pm On Mar 23, 2013
purplekayc: Thanks guys but I think d real problem z with d card and its comparability issue with d mother board but I must confess am surprised it didn't work

all4naija: Put your Windows installation CD into the ROM drive and repair the operating system. Make sure the graphic adapter is the right one for your system and install the driver for it.

purplekayc: I hope I will not loose any of my files in d process of repair oo ? I think the real probs might b d driver as I use a xp service pac 3, am pretty sure the adapter is right for my pc coz it was releases in 2010 or so , I think its d driver? What do u think ?

But, you admitted before the graphic adapter is the right one for your system. I was suspecting that to be the problem which you said it wasn't.

Now Google on your system spec adapter and get the recommend graphic adapter.I hope that helps!

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (1224) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.