Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,326 members, 7,867,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 06:58 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1292515 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (1225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yurika: 4:58am On Apr 09, 2013
There were so many post that I couldn't even try to search if problem similar to mine is already posted or not. I know this post is more about software related but mine is hardware related (I guess). My problem is related to computer not turning on. Though it turns on some of the time but mostly doesn't. I have to switch it on and off for hours sometimes to finally make it start working. Most of the times it doesn't. If problem like this is already posted please link me to that. If not I'll post them in detail in another post.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Debeloved87(m): 5:34am On Apr 09, 2013
i downloaded bluestack in order to have android platform on my pc and its about 128mb. When i was trying to install it, it was saying 1gb of physical memory needed but i have about 1.9gb remaining on my C drive, thou my ram memory is 504mb, what can i do..pls i need response.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yurika: 5:42am On Apr 09, 2013
Debeloved87: i downloaded bluestack in order to have android platform on my pc and its about 128mb. When i was trying to install it, it was saying 1gb of physical memory needed but i have about 1.9gb remaining on my C drive, thou my ram memory is 504mb, what can i do..pls i need response.

I have tried this one. Physical memory mean your RAM memory. You can't install bluestack if you don't have at least 2 GB of RAM. NOT hard disk space.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Debeloved87(m): 12:39pm On Apr 09, 2013
yurika:

I have tried this one. Physical memory mean your RAM memory. You can't install bluestack if you don't have at least 2 GB of RAM. NOT hard disk space.
thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 12:44pm On Apr 09, 2013
.MY HP PAVILION G6 hw arrived....(happi) but am confused at the carton theY wrote 3072MB DDR3 SDRAM .how many Gb RAM is that?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by successolujimi: 1:28pm On Apr 09, 2013
please i nid to know how i can use my mtn fastlink modem to make calls. i.e to activate the voice function on my modem. thank you in adv.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 1:55pm On Apr 09, 2013
Donsammi: .MY HP PAVILION G6 hw arrived....(happi) but am confused at the carton theY wrote 3072MB DDR3 SDRAM .how many Gb RAM is that?
3GB of RAM its a DDR3 synchronous dynamic RAM one of the latest tho there is DDR4 SDRAM now. enjoy your new PC.

if i may ask, what about the graphic config? i want to believe most comes with HD graphic card
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 1:57pm On Apr 09, 2013
success olujimi: please i nid to know how i can use my mtn fastlink modem to make calls. i.e to activate the voice function on my modem. thank you in adv.
You dont need any special activation, the option should be on the modem interface on your computer, you should see call and it will display a key pad and a dial and end call button
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:24pm On Apr 09, 2013
adewasco2k:
3GB of RAM its a DDR3 synchronous dynamic RAM one of the latest tho there is DDR4 SDRAM now. enjoy your new PC.

if i may ask, what about the graphic config? i want to believe most comes with HD graphic card

I thought so, however most Hp and Compaq comes with Nvidia Graphics.
A word of advice to the poster check to make sure is not Nvidia
Graphics by looking on the laptop stickers or box. if it is let us
know because I have an official pdf list of affected HP with Nvidia Graphics

I would like to remind you to create a recovery dvd. google it for yourself
and also you should have had a message notification during OBE
Out of Box Experience
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 2:52pm On Apr 09, 2013
Adewasco & deji ... The graphics config is not on the carton ....this is what is here

>intel core i3-380m processor(2.53GHZ).
>39.62cm(15.6") diagonal hD Brightview LeD displaY.
>32o Gb Hdd

>3072MB DDR3 SDRAM.

>WLAN & BLUETOOTH.

>lightscribe Dvd optical drive...

>GENUINE WINDOWS 7 HOME PRENIUM(64 bits)

..@deji i hv alreadi brouqht 6 blank Dvds ..but no liqht nw.....i did that OUT OF BOX stuff at the seller's place ... I wil get back to u ...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2013
How can i know my own graphics card ?@deji&adewasco
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yurika: 3:10pm On Apr 09, 2013
Debeloved87: thank you.
Welcome
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 3:12pm On Apr 09, 2013
Donsammi: How can i know my own graphics card ?@deji&adewasco
to get almost all the configuration of your computer do this:

1. click on start
2. type run
3. click run and type inside run msinfo32

that will display alot of your computer's info

to get the graphic card you should click on the components --> Multimedia --> display
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 3:25pm On Apr 09, 2013
Ok i will do justthat... Wen phcn brinqs the liqht.. I WILL GET BCK TO YU .. THANKS
adewasco2k:
to get almost all the configuration of your computer do this:

1. click on start
2. type run
3. click run and type inside run msinfo32

that will display alot of your computer's info

to get the graphic card you should click on the components --> Multimedia --> display
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 4:53pm On Apr 09, 2013
chrisgreen: One gig where are you? Or do you have someone you can link me up to? Please give me your number

Just pm me. That's way better. okay?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:00pm On Apr 09, 2013
Donsammi: Adewasco & deji ... The graphics config is not on the carton ....this is what is here

>intel core i3-380m processor(2.53GHZ).
>39.62cm(15.6"wink diagonal hD Brightview LeD displaY.
>32o Gb Hdd

>3072MB DDR3 SDRAM.

>WLAN & BLUETOOTH.

>lightscribe Dvd optical drive...

>GENUINE WINDOWS 7 HOME PRENIUM(64 bits)

..@deji i hv alreadi brouqht 6 blank Dvds ..but no liqht nw.....i did that OUT OF BOX stuff at the seller's place ... I wil get back to u ...

Okay and provided that the laptop came with the original Operating system
all should be fine.if you can't find the recovery app, click start,
and a few centimetres up you'd see search progr...and files try typing
recovery manager or system recovery. Whenever you are downloading a software
making sure it's 64 bit compatible.Always read the instructions at all time
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by successolujimi: 9:45pm On Apr 09, 2013
adewasco2k:
You dont need any special activation, the option should be on the modem interface on your computer, you should see call and it will display a key pad and a dial and end call button
using a zte mf190 modem, doesn't show any such bottons please. how do i make voice calls with such modem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 9:54pm On Apr 09, 2013
success olujimi:
using a zte mf190 modem, doesn't show any such bottons please. how do i make voice calls with such modem?

oooh! i understand now....zte mf190 doesnt call with that option , but yea, there is an update for that now, you will need to update the dashboard....but doing that you should know you will have a new interface depending on the dashboard you downloaded
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 4:21am On Apr 10, 2013
Ya it's a genuie windows ..i hav seen the system recovery software.. U said its requires internet connection?

IT is a Hp graphics not nividia
deji2009:

Okay and provided that the laptop came with the original Operating system
all should be fine.if you can't find the recovery app, click start,
and a few centimetres up you'd see search progr...and files try typing
recovery manager or system recovery. Whenever you are downloading a software
making sure it's 64 bit compatible.Always read the instructions at all time
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:24am On Apr 10, 2013
Donsammi: Ya it's a genuie windows ..i hav seen the system recovery software.. U said its requires internet connection?

IT is a Hp graphics not nividia

Hp System Recovery does not require an internet connection
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Omero(m): 9:37am On Apr 10, 2013
plz help a brother, my system is showing this version of windows 7 is not geniune, plz I need ur help urgently hav tried google no headway yet. tanx.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ukachimo: 12:14pm On Apr 10, 2013
ukachimo: I thought there is command prompt method of solving this problem or a way updating or installing a BIOS on a system which l do not know, because formatting is not an option for me, it will defeat the purpose of my exploit.
l have not found a way round this problem still. Any further suggestions?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Philcool(m): 12:36pm On Apr 10, 2013
People, I av a SONY VIAO laptop wt W7 Ultimate OS.
Dual core 2.00gz
HDD 500gb (partitioned) basic volume
RAM 4gb
DVD RW
I jus woke up one fine day, turned on the laptop and couldnt find the partitioned portion (100gb) for storing other important files and videos again. Av tried through Disk mgt but culd not even see a sign of it. Av tried a drive recovery with RecoverMyFiles software but still cant find the drive while other part is thill being as the system drive and still maintaining thesame capacity. I need help to make it come back and be visible again, please. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 2:03pm On Apr 10, 2013
hi guys , i downloaded a 32 bit win rar and a free arc archiver software yesterday but both have strangely refused to install but giving me a notification of " win rar is not a valid windowws application " and same for the free arc , what could be the problem??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 2:03pm On Apr 10, 2013
hi guys , i downloaded a 32 bit win rar and a free arc archiver software yesterday but both have strangely refused to install but giving me a notification of " win rar is not a valid windows application " and same for the free arc , what could be the problem??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 2:05pm On Apr 10, 2013
i also wanna know if a windows xp service pack 3 can handle a 4 gb ram ?? and dual 5oogb and 250 gb hds?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:59pm On Apr 10, 2013
Omero: plz help a brother, my system is showing this version of windows 7 is not geniune, plz I need ur help urgently hav tried google no headway yet. tanx.

Dear Omero,

Thank you for your recent post and unfortunately we are unable to provide
activation to get your windows 7 activated.after 30 days the screen will
turn black and may not be able to login. you can extend the 30 days trial
until you purchase your copy of windows by clicking start, all progra...
accessories and the run. a box would pop up type in cmd and a black box would
pop up. we would like you to ypr in slmgr -rearm press enter and restart
your computer. if that doesn't work wait till it reach 2 days then try this method.

to check click start and computer click system properties and scroll down it should
have change to 120 days or less than that. My colleagues are aware that we do not
offer activation keys, it's against the rules laid down by Seun and the moderators.
We look forward helping you with any other problem apart from that
Regards

Deji

Cambridge
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:12pm On Apr 10, 2013
purplekayc: i also wanna know if a windows xp service pack 3 can handle a 4 gb ram ?? and dual 5oogb and 250 gb hds?

it would !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by successolujimi: 4:25pm On Apr 10, 2013
adewasco2k:

oooh! i understand now....zte mf190 doesnt call with that option , but yea, there is an update for that now, you will need to update the dashboard....but doing that you should know you will have a new interface depending on the dashboard you downloaded
hmmmm............and please how do i go about that?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:25pm On Apr 10, 2013
purplekayc: hi guys , i downloaded a 32 bit win rar and a free arc archiver software yesterday but both have strangely refused to install but giving me a notification of " win rar is not a valid windows application " and same for the free arc , what could be the problem??

You will need to re-download. There are two options

Instead of using Save, use the Run option when prompted by IE during the download.
From the Tools/Interner Options dialog box, delete temporary files, close IE, reopen and download again.

Are you using vista, win 7 or xp ? could be a compatibility mode properties settings
virus, registry. are you using norton or kerpersky ?
have you been infected with a virus or getting a pop up message ?

you could scan using malwarebytes from the internet

try redownloading from http://www.rarlab.com/

you need a .exe file
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:27pm On Apr 10, 2013
Philcool: People, I av a SONY VIAO laptop wt W7 Ultimate OS.
Dual core 2.00gz
HDD 500gb (partitioned) basic volume
RAM 4gb
DVD RW
I jus woke up one fine day, turned on the laptop and couldnt find the partitioned portion (100gb) for storing other important files and videos again. Av tried through Disk mgt but culd not even see a sign of it. Av tried a drive recovery with RecoverMyFiles software but still cant find the drive while other part is thill being as the system drive and still maintaining thesame capacity. I need help to make it come back and be visible again, please. Thanks

use google to find out how you can turn back the clock
to when everything was okay. follow the instructions on the
screen to select a date to when the system was okay
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:33pm On Apr 10, 2013
deji2009:

You will need to re-download. There are two options

Instead of using Save, use the Run option when prompted by IE during the download.
From the Tools/Interner Options dialog box, delete temporary files, close IE, reopen and download again.

Are you using vista, win 7 or xp ? could be a compatibility mode properties settings
virus, registry. are you using norton or kerpersky ?
have you been infected with a virus or getting a pop up message ?

you could scan using malwarebytes from the internet

try redownloading from http://www.rarlab.com/

you need a .exe file

If still no joy restart th laptop and keep pressing f8
until you see safe mode, select it and press enter
your icons will be big and lots of writing dont worry

once in safe mode try the winrar again should install

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (1225) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.