Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,526 members, 7,865,187 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:35 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1291449 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (1225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:31pm On Apr 03, 2013
ControG: MY LAPTOP TAKES A LOT OF TIME TO BOOT;WHEN BROWSING ALL THE TIME WITH MOZILLA, IT WILL HANG SAYING NOT RESPONDING..INFACT EVERYTHING IS GENERALLY SLOW..I DELETED ALL MY MOVIES AND IT IS STILL SLOW..PLS HELP

Get help here.. Already treated that before.

https://www.nairaland.com/1212915/system-too-slow-heres-need
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jendoslim(m): 7:22am On Apr 04, 2013
Hands up to all d gurus, pls I need help with my hp pavilion dv6000, 2g ram, 250g hdd. The system while running gets very hot. Pls how do I correct dis. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:45am On Apr 04, 2013
Hello gurus in the house,,i want a motherboard for Compaq presario C700 or Hp G7000,and its cosmo battery,pls if any has one to sell,email me at ugohemma@gmail.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 04, 2013
pls i need help on my dell inspiron N5050. I installed another operating system, after which i install the drivers. I found out that the network is not working, i have installed network drivers several time and even went online to download the netork driver from dell site but yet no solution
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chrisgreen: 9:55am On Apr 04, 2013
Please I need a good and affordable laptop engineer to help fix my laptop in lagos...it rained on it through the window and now its not coming up anymore...took it to a repairer and they tried, I don't know what to do...if I can get a new board or try to fix it still please I need help...and I need to cost getting a new board or trying to work on the one that is already there. Who ever that can help on a cheaper rate please...

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:59am On Apr 04, 2013
Akseph: pls i need help on my dell inspiron N5050. I installed another operating system, after which i install the drivers. I found out that the network is not working, i have installed network drivers several time and even went online to download the netork driver from dell site but yet no solution

Is your wireless switched on?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:01am On Apr 04, 2013
chrisgreen: Please I need a good and affordable laptop engineer to help fix my laptop in lagos...it rained on it through the window and now its not coming up anymore...took it to a repairer and they tried, I don't know what to do...if I can get a new board or try to fix it still please I need help...and I need to cost getting a new board or trying to work on the one that is already there. Who ever that can help on a cheaper rate please...

get adetwin here....Just search for him...

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 04, 2013
onegig:

Is your wireless switched on?
yes
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 11:19am On Apr 04, 2013
Akseph: pls i need help on my dell inspiron N5050. I installed another operating system, after which i install the drivers. I found out that the network is not working, i have installed network drivers several time and even went online to download the netork driver from dell site but yet no solution
it might just be that you have not installed the right driver...its not justy a network driver...there are different network driver maker for Dell, so you have to be sure you are downloading the right one...you should also take note that there are also different drivers for different operating systems, also check if its 32bit or 64bit

i think you should download Realtek
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 04, 2013
adewasco2k:
it might just be that you have not installed the right driver...its not justy a network driver...there are different network driver maker for Dell, so you have to be sure you are downloading the right one...you should also take note that there are also different drivers for different operating systems, also check if its 32bit or 64bit

i think you should download Realtek
there is a Cd that even came with the system on the Cd we have all the drivers. I have installed the realtek from the Cd but it still not work out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 2:07pm On Apr 04, 2013
Akseph: there is a Cd that even came with the system on the Cd we have all the drivers. I have installed the realtek from the Cd but it still not work out.

Did you downgrade the system or what?

If you got the system and its still not working maybe you are installing a different driver for your operating system. What was the os that came with the system. Why did you format it? and whats the current status of your system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 3:18pm On Apr 04, 2013
jendoslim: Hands up to all d gurus, pls I need help with my hp pavilion dv6000, 2g ram, 250g hdd. The system while running gets very hot. Pls how do I correct dis. Thanks
* check if ur fan still works
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 4:57pm On Apr 04, 2013
ever heard of 'driverpack'....if u can get the cd..just insert it into ur system and it would help u drive ur system..and even update the drivers..on request, I can provide u a copy of the updated driver pack cd..
dell drivers have a lot of dependencies on other drivers to work..so even if u go to their website,u would see 'recommended' on almost all there drivers and wont know which to pick..
I simply use driverpack...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 5:11pm On Apr 04, 2013
emmsnice: Mornin, pls how do i activate windows 8 or were can i download windows 8 activator.tanx.mail is sinyadaemmanuel@gmail.com
call me on 08061679732 for the latest kms toolkit for all Microsoft products(april2 2013 release).i can either perform the procedure for u or totally liberate u with d software
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 5:23pm On Apr 04, 2013
alluson: I dont know if i should be writing this here but i think am out of option, i bought a new laptop which is windows 8 single language but it keeps asking of the activation code which i dont have. Can any one please help me out with activation key so i can be able to use it...my email address is donchuddy2009@gmail.com. Please i really need ur help even if it is activation by phone
call me on 08061679732>>>pls state which of d win8..pro or enterprise..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 5:28pm On Apr 04, 2013
flama: Gurus in the house pls help, i just changed the hard drive of my HP Dv3, and i can't get all the initial function again, even the fingerprint also is not working anymore. I've lost the recovery disk that came with laptop. Pls how can get all this function back.
be advised,next time before u change ur hard drive or reformat,u can always backup ur drivers using a driver backup software.
solution is simple,if u have the time,goto to hp download page and specify ur model..the drivers would be up for download else u can hire a professional to help u drive..give me a call on 08061679732 for further assistance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 5:43pm On Apr 04, 2013
adewasco2k:

First was the old hard disk damaged? Is NO, all you need to get your PC runing well is inside...the DRIVERS....so I will say if you have the old hard disk and its still working, get an adaptor, connect the old hard disk to your PC look at this directory....C:/SwSetup copt the folder "Swsetup" all the drivers are inside.

Secondly, if the above is not possible, if you know anybody with same PC as yours, copy the SWsetup folder from them to your PC.

Finally resort, visit HP website and download the missing drivers, you have to download a driver for your own operating system...(E.g windows 7)

<--To explain few things-->
Goto device manager on your PC (right click on My Computer, click device Manager)
Look at the different drivers and take note of the once with a yellow icon, those are the missing drivers...so you will install them from the SWsetup folder. Some might not show at all, like webcam driver and so on....so just look inside the Swsetup folder or download the drivers for things you think is missing and install
ur quote in bold print is quite imcomplete and misleading.before u can copy swsetup folder from a similar system,so many conditions have to be put into consideration:
1.are the both running the same os build...eg,for many reasons,i may have downgraded my dv3 to xp or upgraded to win8..that means if u were to copy my swsetup folder then it would not conform with the hardware archietecture of the other computer..it would always return a hardware error
2..in some cases,some drivers are designed to work only with certain hardwares...eg...a laptop with a nvdia graphics card require nvdia drivers..and not amd catalyst drivers..same goes for wireless adapters..Broadcom vs intel pro
sound---realtek drivers wont work on other hardwares
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 6:04pm On Apr 04, 2013
boyoo922: I have problem with my Laptop,it keeps hanging all the time,I have reloaded d OS many times but it still always thesame thing.kindly give a helping hand.
quite simple,ur hard drive is weak and is fast generating more bad sectors..the more u format,the more u live to fight another day.modern day laptops have been equipped with a hard drive intelligence called S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology; often written as SMART) is a monitoring system for computer hard disk drives to detect and report on various indicators of reliability, in the hope of anticipating failures.

When a failure is anticipated by S.M.A.R.T., the user may choose to replace the drive to avoid unexpected outage and data loss. The manufacturer may be able to use the S.M.A.R.T. data to discover where faults lie and prevent them from recurring in future drive designs.
[/i][i]
either it has been disabled on ur system or u don't have it..else it wld have reported the state of ur hard disk.
solution:
1.first backup any important data on that hard drive
2.using special tools I can regenerate the hard drive...ie..if sector 236 has been marked as bad,data in it would be moved into another healthy sector then regenerated...else it wld be marked as BAD so dat data is not written into it..a clear example is shown in ur complaint...if u were to save a file on sector 236,retrieving info from that sector becomes impossible thus making ur system unstable and eventually resulting in a bsod(blue screen of death).u may later result to reformatting the system and u can now safely save the same file else where.its just a matter of time before u will need to write in dat sector in the future then ur stuck in the same situation again.
3..in some very rare cases,so bad sectors may not be regenerated so its always aadvisable to replace the hard drive but some data may still be retrieved before replacement.
4..make sure ur smart monitor is on,that way u can know the real state of ur hard drive evn if u just replaced it or its getting bad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OLADO(m): 6:26pm On Apr 04, 2013
Thanks for the info about d hp pavilion g6 I posted earlier. Now I want to find out if I can improve d video ram. Can I buy I.e external adapter for it? I read abt Nvidia geforce and ow can dat help me? I really need to enhance my system graphics to meet up wit 3d apps and softwares. Thanks once again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 6:45pm On Apr 04, 2013
sameolg616:
quite simple,ur hard drive is weak and is fast generating more bad sectors..the more u format,the more u live to fight another day.modern day laptops have been equipped with a hard drive intelligence called S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology; often written as SMART) is a monitoring system for computer hard disk drives to detect and report on various indicators of reliability, in the hope of anticipating failures.

When a failure is anticipated by S.M.A.R.T., the user may choose to replace the drive to avoid unexpected outage and data loss. The manufacturer may be able to use the S.M.A.R.T. data to discover where faults lie and prevent them from recurring in future drive designs.
[/i][i]
either it has been disabled on ur system or u don't have it..else it wld have reported the state of ur hard disk.
solution:
1.first backup any important data on that hard drive
2.using special tools I can regenerate the hard drive...ie..if sector 236 has been marked as bad,data in it would be moved into another healthy sector then regenerated...else it wld be marked as BAD so dat data is not written into it..a clear example is shown in ur complaint...if u were to save a file on sector 236,retrieving info from that sector becomes impossible thus making ur system unstable and eventually resulting in a bsod(blue screen of death).u may later result to reformatting the system and u can now safely save the same file else where.its just a matter of time before u will need to write in dat sector in the future then ur stuck in the same situation again.
3..in some very rare cases,so bad sectors may not be regenerated so its always aadvisable to replace the hard drive but some data may still be retrieved before replacement.
4..make sure ur smart monitor is on,that way u can know the real state of ur hard drive evn if u just replaced it or its getting bad

wink
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Carmall(m): 9:06pm On Apr 04, 2013
Pes 2012 is not running on my pc (dell inspiron n5050) not enough vcard and gpu it said...what should i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 05, 2013
onegig:

Did you downgrade the system or what?

If you got the system and its still not working maybe you are installing a different driver for your operating system. What was the os that came with the system. Why did you format it? and whats the current status of your system.
thanks 4 ur concern. The operating that came with the system i think it was home basis, i uninstalled it because i want more speed(i heard that some os speed up system operation). The system is still working but wireless LAN,webcam and bluetooth are nt working
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 05, 2013
sameolg616:
ever heard of 'driverpack'....if u can get the cd..just insert it into ur system and it would help u drive ur system..and even update the drivers..on request, I can provide u a copy of the updated driver pack cd..
dell drivers have a lot of dependencies on other drivers to work..so even if u go to their website,u would see 'recommended' on almost all there drivers and wont know which to pick..
I simply use driverpack...
wht do u mean by driver pack, is it the cd that came with d system that contain the driver or another cd called driver pack.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oluyemifemi88: 11:11am On Apr 05, 2013
Just new here, I can see the good work you guys doing er. Pls i need someone to help on Anti-virus that can take me valid for years. I'm tired of these 30days trial types am hvin access to. God bless you as you volunteer to help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:42am On Apr 05, 2013
oluyemifemi88: Just new here, I can see the good work you guys doing er. Pls i need someone to help on Anti-virus that can take me valid for years. I'm tired of these 30days trial types am hvin access to. God bless you as you volunteer to help.

http://onegig..com/2013/03/need-free-antivirus-program.html

Check the link.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:11am On Apr 06, 2013
Hey guys!!!! Pls am using a hp notebook amd laptop,, and I have two problems. 1. I installed a new operating sysm wins 7 ultimate and when I check on my computer properties it shows me " you must activate windows not less than 30 days" so guys it acts like a trial version how can I get the full version,,,,, 2. After installing the above version I downloaded some games on it, but it gives me an error msg like " its either your hardware acceleration is disabled or you don't. Have the latest driver software for your video card"..... Guru's in the house pls how can I update my. video card manually without a software? Hey guys!!!! Pls am using a hp notebook amd laptop,, and I have two problems. 1. I installed a new operating sysm wins 7 ultimate and when I check on my computer properties it shows me " you must activate windows not less than 30 days" so guys it acts like a trial version how can I get the full version,,,,, 2. After installing the above version I downloaded some games on it, but it gives me an error msg like " its either your hardware acceleration is disabled or you don't. Have the latest driver software for your video card"..... Guru's in the house pls how can I update my. video card manually without a software? Hey guys!!!! Pls am using a hp notebook amd laptop,, and I have two problems. 1. I installed a new operating sysm wins 7 ultimate and when I check on my computer properties it shows me " you must activate windows not less than 30 days" so guys it acts like a trial version how can I get the full version,,,,, 2. After installing the above version I downloaded some games on it, but it gives me an error msg like " its either your hardware acceleration is disabled or you don't. Have the latest driver software for your video card"..... Guru's in the house pls how can I update my. video card manually without a software?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:25am On Apr 06, 2013
Ezechinwa: Hey guys!!!! Pls am using a hp notebook amd laptop,, and I have two problems. 1. I installed a new operating sysm wins 7 ultimate and when I check on my computer properties it shows me " you must activate windows not less than 30 days" so guys it acts like a trial version how can I get the full version,,,,, 2. After installing the above version I downloaded some games on it, but it gives me an error msg like " its either your hardware acceleration is disabled or you don't. Have the latest driver software for your video card"..... Guru's in the house pls how can I update my. video card manually without a software? Hey guys!!!! Pls am using a hp notebook amd laptop,, and I have two problems. 1. I installed a new operating sysm wins 7 ultimate and when I check on my computer properties it shows me " you must activate windows not less than 30 days" so guys it acts like a trial version how can I get the full version,,,,, 2. After installing the above version I downloaded some games on it, but it gives me an error msg like " its either your hardware acceleration is disabled or you don't. Have the latest driver software for your video card"..... Guru's in the house pls how can I update my. video card manually without a software? Hey guys!!!! Pls am using a hp notebook amd laptop,, and I have two problems. 1. I installed a new operating sysm wins 7 ultimate and when I check on my computer properties it shows me " you must activate windows not less than 30 days" so guys it acts like a trial version how can I get the full version,,,,, 2. After installing the above version I downloaded some games on it, but it gives me an error msg like " its either your hardware acceleration is disabled or you don't. Have the latest driver software for your video card"..... Guru's in the house pls how can I update my. video card manually without a software?
i would post a link very soon.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:21am On Apr 06, 2013
Akseph:
wht do u mean by driver pack, is it the cd that came with d system that contain the driver or another cd called driver pack.
Its n independent set of all drivers on. A DVD used to configure any kinda systems.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:39am On Apr 06, 2013
oluyemifemi88: Just new here, I can see the good work you guys doing er. Pls i need someone to help on Anti-virus that can take me valid for years. I'm tired of these 30days trial types am hvin access to. God bless you as you volunteer to help.
Let me explain d difference btw a commercial (licensed) ntivirus.a licensed anti-virus is very potent and gives u access to the providers servers to get update daily against recent threats nd attacks while ur free antivirus is limited in functionality and may not respond to attacks.anyday,I'd recommend a licensed antivirus.I still boost of d best kaspersky tools around(even with d ones kspersky aint aware of)trial resetters,kaspersky key checkers,daily keys..I don't just recommend it cuz I know it very well but because of its ratings,low ram usuage,effectiveness and most importantly 'its user-friendly'..r u not entertained,grab a copy now!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:46am On Apr 06, 2013
sameolg616:
Its n independent set of all drivers on. A DVD used to configure any kinda systems.

sameolg616:
Let me explain d difference btw a commercial (licensed) ntivirus.a licensed anti-virus is very potent and gives u access to the providers servers to get update daily against recent threats nd attacks while ur free antivirus is limited in functionality and may not respond to attacks.anyday,I'd recommend a licensed antivirus.I still boost of d best kaspersky tools around(even with d ones kspersky aint aware of)trial resetters,kaspersky key checkers,daily keys..I don't just recommend it cuz I know it very well but because of its ratings,low ram usuage,effectiveness and most importantly 'its user-friendly'..r u not entertained,grab a copy now!

I applauded your professional and technical advice.
The driver pack is highly rated to get the job done.
It's my last resort after using all the options available to me
whenever I am with a client. superb ! cheesy cool wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (1225) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.