Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,471 members, 7,864,989 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:30 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1291383 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (1225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 06, 2013
onegig: i would post a link very soon.
. Would really appreciate that!!!!! May God increase your rom memory lol
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 7:04pm On Apr 06, 2013
sameolg616:
ur quote in bold print is quite imcomplete and misleading.before u can copy swsetup folder from a similar system,so many conditions have to be put into consideration:
1.are the both running the same os build...eg,for many reasons,i may have downgraded my dv3 to xp or upgraded to win8..that means if u were to copy my swsetup folder then it would not conform with the hardware archietecture of the other computer..it would always return a hardware error
2..in some cases,some drivers are designed to work only with certain hardwares...eg...a laptop with a nvdia graphics card require nvdia drivers..and not amd catalyst drivers..same goes for wireless adapters..Broadcom vs intel pro
sound---realtek drivers wont work on other hardwares
i totally understand what you mean...but i was not trying to mislead him....lets take an example here, check most HP G62 and see even those runing win7 or 8 the same driver will work for them only think to take note is the board AMD or Intel
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by newpaparazzi(m): 7:35pm On Apr 06, 2013
help please. my hp laptop probook 4510s 500gig 3g ram refuses to turn on
whn turned on,it shows llght & u hear d fan workin but system not boot up & nothin shows on d screen. we cheked d ram & hard disk & they were ok.someome suggested d modaboard may be bad.please help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 8:05pm On Apr 06, 2013
new paparazzi: help please. my hp laptop probook 4510s 500gig 3g ram refuses to turn on
whn turned on,it shows llght & u hear d fan workin but system not boot up & nothin shows on d screen. we cheked d memory hard disk & were ok.someome suggested d modaboard may be bad.please help.

If you have tried a working RAM, a working Hard drive, and you know the Screen is perfect, then we are left with few things to try.

First try this reset,
* remove the battery and every other things connected including the adapter
* hold down the power button for atleast 30 seconds, return back battery and try it.

If that fails, may be you can try ro check a working processor on it, if you are savvy enough to remove a processor and fix it perfectly.

If that also fails, you might start s=checking Motherboard

I know other will give you more suggestions as this is just what came to me now.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by peteregwu(m): 10:58pm On Apr 06, 2013
pls guys i need your help. my brother brought an acer travelmate laptop for me from norway which is fairly used. it is locked by the user and the language is their local language and not english. what do i do in this case, i need u guys to help me and direct me on what to do to unlock the password or even do factory seeting in other to make use of it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:46pm On Apr 06, 2013
peteregwu: pls guys i need your help. my brother brought an acer travelmate laptop for me from norway which is fairly used. it is locked by the user and the language is their local language and not english. what do i do in this case, i need u guys to help me and direct me on what to do to unlock the password or even do factory seeting in other to make use of it.
First u must verify u dint steal d laptop.I can unlock password in 3-4mins but yet u might still reload it because of the language except u want explore the system before reloading.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by peteregwu(m): 11:53pm On Apr 06, 2013
sameolg616:
First u must verify u dint steal d laptop.I can unlock password in 3-4mins but yet u might still reload it because of the language except u want explore the system before reloading.

God forbid! i rather die than to steal someone else's laptop. what i posted was true amd nothing more, if u want to help pls do, and i u dont want, well, thank you and God bless u.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:54pm On Apr 06, 2013
adewasco2k:

If you have tried a working RAM, a working Hard drive, and you know the Screen is perfect, then we are left with few things to try.

First try this reset,
* hold down the power button for atleast 30 seconds, return back battery and try it.

If that fails, may be you can try ro check a working processor on it, if you are savvy enough to remove a processor and fix it perfectly.

I know other will give you more suggestions as this is just what came to me now.
Dude no need for all d plenty explanation,just ask him to meet a professional(either software or hardware)then he wld get a proper diagnosis.besides,dat ur first trick (hold power buTton for n seconds)doesn't work any more on modern day laptops.describing hardware procedures to non-pros can yeild complicated results.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:00am On Apr 07, 2013
peteregwu:

God forbid! i rather die than to steal someone else's laptop. what i posted was true amd nothing more, if u want to help pls do, and i u dont want, well, thank you and God bless u.
Dude their no need to get ugly.its just a precaution that has to be taken.I only asked u to verify.is it the logon password or d bios password.u can call me on 08061679732
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by newpaparazzi(m): 3:18am On Apr 07, 2013
adewasco2k:

First try this reset,

thanks so much. we have cheked d processor & it was ok. also d screen is gud.i i also tried the reset u suggested but no difference. what can then be done?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by newpaparazzi(m): 3:29am On Apr 07, 2013
sameolg616:
Dude no need for all d plenty explanation,just ask him to meet a professional(either software or hardware)then he wld get a proper diagnosis.besides,dat ur first trick (hold power buTton for n seconds)doesn't work any more on modern day laptops.describing hardware procedures to non-pros can yeild complicated results.
Hi. wht sugestion do you hav for me please? can you help in fixing my system? where do u reside or work? expecting your response.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by successolujimi: 5:07am On Apr 07, 2013
please, i got this hp dv6500 laptop from my Pastor, was slow so i decided to help fix it.used the system restore to restore it to its factory settings then restarted it. it worked fine but now a new problem has developed. the system doesn't come on when i press the power button. did some online research and tried certain ideas i read and now the system does not come up again even when i press the power button. Pls what do i do now?

Maybe you should also know this
I discovered its a general problem with most hp pavillion notebook systems and the only option i have not tried yet is the pull motherboard out and 'heatgun' it. i am worried that might just finish the work and destroy the laptop.
Please every advice is welcomed, thanks in anticipation.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by albacete(m): 7:13am On Apr 07, 2013
mine is what i will call a lil' problem. My 4530s ProBook does not show dat Hp volume info when i adjust d volume. It only shows d one of Windows only which can be accessed via d taskbar.
Secondly, i always get a dialog box about Hp taskbar throwing an exception or not loading an assembly/component whenever i boot my system.
Finally, is it necessary to install Windows updates (close to 900 MB), considering d cost of data i will need for such updates? even my Hp taskbar is not helping matters with periodic updates that increase my data costs.
Update Norton, update Windows, update Hp. @ d end, i will have little data left for browsing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 7:51am On Apr 07, 2013
new paparazzi: Hi. wht sugestion do you hav for me please? can you help in fixing my system? where do u reside or work? expecting your response.
My office iS in opebi but I don't work on hardware but I have my hardware expert in computer village(Mr folly-mobile computers)08034062983 or call his assistant keni(08082717721)as he is always busy.trust me,watever this Bros teLls u is final.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 8:28am On Apr 07, 2013
albacete: mine is what i will call a lil' problem. My 4530s ProBook does not show dat Hp volume info when i adjust d volume. It only shows d one of Windows only which can be accessed via d taskbar.
Secondly, i always get a dialog box about Hp taskbar throwing an exception or not loading an assembly/component whenever i boot my system.
Finally, is it necessary to install Windows updates (close to 900 MB), considering d cost of data i will need for such updates? even my Hp taskbar is not helping matters with periodic updates that increase my data costs.
Update Norton, update Windows, update Hp. @ d end, i will have little data left for browsing.
as for the assembly error,u need to write exact the error code u get on the screen so we can help decode.
2.for updates,its totally safe to disable update then pick only required updates u need when needed.even my antivirus updates is not on auto.I do manuaal updates periodically.I use a combination of sandboxie and kaspersky,so even if its a new intrusion,it will be contained only in d sandboxie and would be deleted d moment I close it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 10:09am On Apr 07, 2013
Deji thanx U..my Dad will soon buy a intel hp pavilion G6..(rememba i pm u on januarY) plz where can i get softwares online to download (utilites,desktop ) will a 500G HDD 4GB RAM PLAY PES 2013 ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by albacete(m): 1:17pm On Apr 07, 2013
sameolg616:
as for the assembly error,u need to write exact the error code u get on the screen so we can help decode.

2.for updates,its totally safe to disable update then pick only required updates u need when needed.even my antivirus updates is not on auto.I do manuaal updates periodically.I use a combination of sandboxie and kaspersky,so even if its a new intrusion,it will be contained only in d sandboxie and would be deleted d moment I close it
will do that when am on PC. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by peteregwu(m): 4:11pm On Apr 07, 2013
sameolg616:

guy, i have done it. i succeeded in factory resetting the laptop. i did with much reserch on the net. so, thank God! what remains now is for me to change the norwegian language to english.will do that later tonight.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by james2020(m): 5:36pm On Apr 07, 2013
pls help me, my i cant use my wireless LAN because my wireless hp assistance is saying wireless information is unavailable, application will now change
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:59pm On Apr 07, 2013
Donsammi: Deji thanx U..my Dad will soon buy a intel hp pavilion G6..(rememba i pm u on januarY) plz where can i get softwares online to download (utilites,desktop ) will a 500G HDD 4GB RAM PLAY PES 2013 ?

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 System Requirement:

Operating System: Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7

Processor: Intel Core2Duo @ 2.4Ghz or AMD Athlon

RAM: 2 GB or more depending upon how much you can afford.

Hard Disk: More than 4 GB free disk space

Graphics: 256 MB Graphics Memory other than built in grapic card.

Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible

DirectX: Version 9

http://en.softonic.com/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 7:38pm On Apr 07, 2013
deji2009:

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 System Requirement:

Operating System: Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7

Processor: Intel Core2Duo @ 2.4Ghz or AMD Athlon

RAM: 2 GB or more depending upon how much you can afford.

Hard Disk: More than 4 GB free disk space

Graphics: 256 MB Graphics Memory other than built in grapic card.

Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible

DirectX: Version 9

http://en.softonic.com/
thanx what of win 8 ? Its 4G RAM 500G ..dnt knw if it will be built in graphics card
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smudge2079(m): 10:48pm On Apr 07, 2013
i inserted headset into my laptop ystrday evening, all of a sudden d system hanged.i had to switch it off to make it work. dis evening, i inserted d same headset, d screen freezed then hang. i had to switch it off, when i put it on again, d system boot but if i click anytin in d laptop even start button, it will just show blank space. my files are stil intact but i cant open them, i cant even go to system restore. what shd i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by peteregwu(m): 10:52pm On Apr 07, 2013
now guys i need your help, i have acer travelmate 3002wtmi from norway with their language....i want to change the language to english, how do i go about it. pls friends help.

thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by newpaparazzi(m): 5:53am On Apr 08, 2013
sameolg616:
My office iS in opebi but I don't work on hardware but I have my hardware expert in computer village(Mr folly-mobile computers)08034062983 or call his assistant keni(08082717721)as he is always busy.trust me,watever this Bros teLls u is final.
thanka a bunch. dont u u think my system may be having o software problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:13am On Apr 08, 2013
Donsammi: thanx what of win 8 ? Its 4G RAM 500G ..dnt knw if it will be built in graphics card

I am not sure of windows 8, please use the internet to do your research .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:42am On Apr 08, 2013
peteregwu: now guys i need your help, i have acer travelmate 3002wtmi from norway with their language....i want to change the language to english, how do i go about it. pls friends help.

thanks.

peteregwu:

guy, i have done it. i succeeded in factory resetting the laptop. i did with much reserch on the net. so, thank God! what remains now is for me to change the norwegian language to english.will do that later tonight.

The system should have asked you to choose your language
type at the beginning, did you get that?

peteregwu:

Dear peteregwu],

I was pleased to learn that you have successful restore the laptop by
doing your own research. My colleague sameolg616 took the current action
at the time you asked for support. Giving the numbers of users that
asked us for support within 9ja, it can be hard to tell who is genuine.
Please pardon us, This is Nigeria and we know our people very well.

Here at nairaland computer section, we are friendly and ready to help.
Regarding the language, please take time to do your research on
the internet just like you did for the factory reset.I am sure
sameolg616 would be please to help you in the future with any
other problems.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:47am On Apr 08, 2013
deji2009:

I would advise that you get a sets of DVDs to create a recovery disc
in case of a hard drive failure, you can use the cd to remaster the system.
Here, where I live to remaster a system I charge a nigerian equivalent 15000 naira
it can save you money and time. if in doubts visit google to research how
to create a recovery dvd on Hp, it would direct you on how to
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chrisgreen: 12:15pm On Apr 08, 2013
What is the cost to work on a rained damaged pc(HP 2000 AMD) I think mother board is bad, cost to work on it and cost to get another mother board I need urgent reply please.because its not powering after the rain. Repairer said it can be worked on, becaause some ic are bad on it or I can get another board...its not charging too...waiting for reply.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 4:32pm On Apr 08, 2013
chrisgreen: What is the cost to work on a rained damaged pc(HP 2000 AMD) I think mother board is bad, cost to work on it and cost to get another mother board I need urgent reply please.because its not powering after the rain. Repairer said it can be worked on, becaause some ic are bad on it or I can get another board...its not charging too...waiting for reply.

22k for motherboard.
Maybe 5k for the repairer . It all depends.

Aint in Lagos. would have fixed it for you for free. Just get the mobo.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chrisgreen: 7:51pm On Apr 08, 2013
One gig where are you? Or do you have someone you can link me up to? Please give me your number
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 9:09pm On Apr 08, 2013
OK google things
deji2009:

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by peteregwu(m): 11:34pm On Apr 08, 2013
deji2009:

The system should have asked you to choose your language
type at the beginning, did you get that?

Dear peteregwu],

I was pleased to learn that you have successful restore the laptop by
doing your own research. My colleague sameolg616 took the current action
at the time you asked for support. Giving the numbers of users that
asked us for support within 9ja, it can be hard to tell who is genuine.
Please pardon us, This is Nigeria and we know our people very well.

Here at nairaland computer section, we are friendly and ready to help.
Regarding the language, please take time to do your research on
the internet just like you did for the factory reset.I am sure
sameolg616 would be please to help you in the future with any
other problems.

bro, no hard feelings at all. i understand, u did the right thing bro. i know that not everyone will take that, but never bother, its impossible for us to please everyone. God bless u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (1225) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.