Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,720 members, 7,837,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1278367 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by falansa: 3:00pm On Jul 07, 2013
G.James:

try putting ON your system using safe mode, after that restart it using the normal mode. It happened to a friend's system, i guessed and tried that method and it worked

it is not displaying at all (black screen) only that d engine is running and other light shows e.g. Power light. I'm suprise pple dont wanna help. This is not d nairaland i knew. Pls what can we do abt this prob
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:58pm On Jul 07, 2013
RAPMAN02: There are tiny lines running trough my computers screen(VER&HOR)what's the problem and please I need solution to the problem. Thx

onegig:

The screen is going. RIP!.

Please start saving for its grave and a new casket. Sorry....just kidding.!!!

Given what's onegig advice, please get a vga cable to temporarily hook your
computer to a monitor.We would appreciate it if you could tell us if the line appear
after connectin to a monitor. Please note you may need to press fn and f5 or f something to transfer the
image from the laptop the monitor. it's diferent on each computer

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:06pm On Jul 07, 2013
falansa:

it is not displaying at all (black screen) only that d engine is running and other light shows e.g. Power light. I'm suprise pple dont wanna help. This is not d nairaland i knew. Pls what can we do abt this prob

Diags1

ATX Reset
Unplug the power, turn off the laptop remove the battery and then hold the
power button for 30 to 60 seconds.
Then reattach the power and attempt a boot.
Put the battery back in your good to go.
Worth a try.

Diags 2
If no joy, try connectinting to a
monitor using a vga cable you may need to
press fn+f5 or something like that
to transfer the image from the laptop
the monitor.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:13pm On Jul 07, 2013
KingIOb: Please!!!!!!

Format will delete the content

go to desktop and right button the computer and slect Manage,
then go to disk management from the options
then select the drive from the clicked windows.i think its may be 3rd window
and u can format your drive with the options u got from ther ok
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pilot78: 4:17pm On Jul 07, 2013
I need an crack code for windows vesta home edition, there was an trail version uploaded onto my laptop and that trail period is done, help please!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:28pm On Jul 07, 2013
pilot78: I need an crack code for windows vesta home edition, there was an trail version uploaded onto my laptop and that trail period is done, help please!

We are not allow to.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 6:04pm On Jul 07, 2013
google is ur friend ,, nt allowed here #greetinq deji smiley[color=#006600][/color]...
pilot78: I need an crack code for windows vesta home edition, there was an trail version uploaded onto my laptop and that trail period is done, help please!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by falansa: 6:12pm On Jul 07, 2013
deji2009:

Diags1

ATX Reset
Unplug the power, turn off the laptop remove the battery and then hold the
power button for 30 to 60 seconds.
Then reattach the power and attempt a boot.
Put the battery back in your good to go.
Worth a try.

Diags 2
If no joy, try connectinting to a
monitor using a vga cable you may need to
press fn+f5 or something like that
to transfer the image from the laptop
the monitor.

thanks man, I will try dat out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pilot78: 7:35pm On Jul 07, 2013
deji2009:

We are not allow to.
Really? Aren't you allowed giving the crack codes,why not?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ahmedgafar7(m): 10:40pm On Jul 07, 2013
v3:
It could be that the drivers for the modem were not properly installed. Connect the modem to a different USB port and see if the same error pops up.
tried using another port but the same error shows
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GJames(m): 10:57pm On Jul 07, 2013
falansa:

jst change ur windows. System 32 is corrupt. If ur CD ROM is working, buy a windows( XP, 7 or cool disc and run it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:20pm On Jul 07, 2013
falansa:

thanks man, I will try dat out

Any white flashing cursor ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 08, 2013
my friends lappy is connected to internet via modem with active subscription without browsing via mozilla or internet explorer...pls help out if any problm its a window 8 new hp pavillon dv6
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dridowu: 8:57pm On Jul 08, 2013
Good eveni all, anytime i want to i want to browse, a yellow sign with black exclamation sign inbtw d yellow occur, any time ds occur, i would not be able to browse. Ds sign occur directly bsde d battery sign , pls how can i get rid of ds yellow sign ? Pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by unikazzy(m): 1:38pm On Jul 09, 2013
gud day, pls help me......water entered my laptop and now is not working again. When i plug it wit charger.....the charger will be blicking. Pls what should i do or is that d end of d laptop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hanem: 1:52pm On Jul 09, 2013
Hi,

I have an Acer Travelmate 7730. The battery has just run out, and the power adaptor is not charging the battery. I have tried taking the battery out and plugging it in, but nothing happens. There is a green light on the power adaptor. When I plug it back in, including the battery pack, nothing happens.

I've tried using another acer power adaptor, but the same thing happens and I have no idea what to so next. Any suggestions? I want to spend as little money as possible.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:19pm On Jul 09, 2013
ahmedgafar7: tried using another port but the same error shows

v3:
It could be that the drivers for the modem were not properly installed. Connect the modem to a different USB port and see if the same error pops up.

Given v3 suggestion. I'd like you to connect the modem to
a different computer and test it ? do you have Norton installed or
antivirus firewall that may prevent a connection. what if you take the
laptop a different location, any signal ? also connect the modem
click start, computer, view system information or my computer, system properties then
device manager. any exclamation mark or yellow sign ? have you attempt to uninstall the modem
software from add and remove programs after that you then insert the modem to auto install the
drivers software automatically.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:46pm On Jul 09, 2013
hanem: Hi,

I have an Acer Travelmate 7730. The battery has just run out, and the power adaptor is not charging the battery. I have tried taking the battery out and plugging it in, but nothing happens. There is a green light on the power adaptor. When I plug it back in, including the battery pack, nothing happens.

I've tried using another acer power adaptor, but the same thing happens and I have no idea what to so next. Any suggestions? I want to spend as little money as possible.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please answer these questions in order.

Any LED light on the laptop, i.e. green or orange ?

Insert battery and charger and ensure there is Nepa light for you to test it
by following this instructions. Please do not attempt it with a generator.
This could shorten the motherboard creating static electricity and may render it useless.

Keep an eye on the laptop two LED bulb on the far left near the touchpad. ensure you keep both eye's.
Using your right fingers, connect the charger and ensure there is power going from the mains source into
the charger. Using your fingers, wiggle the charger from left to right, up and down. wiggle it so that
the LED light we light up from the far left and you'd see it. This could indicate a bad dc jack inside the laptop. you've have previously tried another charger so it is the laptop at fault. Please find attached photos of what to do and
a dc jack that correspond to your laptop. Last resort is to change the dc jack .I would recommend technician like sameolg616,adewasko, onegig, femi and Adetwin IT concept. check them out on these forum.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KazeKage1: 2:53pm On Jul 09, 2013
ahmedgafar7: tried using another port but the same error shows
Apologies,i just saw this. Please try Deji's option and get back to us.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:56pm On Jul 09, 2013
uni-kazzy:
gud day, pls help me......water entered my laptop and now is not working again. When i plug it wit charger.....the charger will be blicking. Pls what should i do or is that d end of d laptop?

I would advise that a technician dismantle the laptop, to remove and
dry all of the components, then try powering on. if no joy, that is it !

you'd need to invest in another computer. you'd could ask him or her to
backup your data. you could sell the laptop as scrap or repair say 4000 naira
instead of it gather dust and you end up throwing away, at least you'd get something for it.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:02pm On Jul 09, 2013
dridowu: Good eveni all, anytime i want to i want to browse, a yellow sign with black exclamation sign inbtw d yellow occur, any time ds occur, i would not be able to browse. Ds sign occur directly bsde d battery sign , pls how can i get rid of ds yellow sign ? Pls help

you would notice your post was not replied to. In the future try and
write clearly. This is one of the secret about online forum that most
people don't know. I personally ignore this type of post, I don't know
about others. it make it difficult to read and does not worth spending my
precious time on it. write in full that way people will know that you've thought
about it and the reader would do the same. u can use popular one's like lappy, u,
2, d, dis, etc. I am not sure whether you're having a battery problem or
internet issues because I couldn't pick out what you've written. cheers

Deji from London
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hanem: 3:05pm On Jul 09, 2013
deji2009:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please answer these questions in order.

Any LED light on the laptop, i.e. green or orange ?

Insert battery and charger and ensure there is Nepa light for you to test it
by following this instructions. Please do not attempt it with a generator.
This could shorten the motherboard creating static electricity and may render it useless.

Keep an eye on the laptop two LED bulb on the far left near the touchpad. ensure you keep both eye's.
Using your right fingers, connect the charger and ensure there is power going from the mains source into
the charger. Using your fingers, wiggle the charger from left to right, up and down. wiggle it so that
the LED light we light up from the far left and you'd see it. This could indicate a bad dc jack inside the laptop. you've have previously tried another charger so it is the laptop at fault. Please find attached photos of what to do and
a dc jack that correspond to your laptop. Last resort is to change the dc jack .I would recommend technician like sameolg616,adewasko, onegig, femi and Adetwin IT concept. check them out on these forum.

Hi,

The power adaptor does indeed have a green light.

I am a bit confused as to what a Nepa light is?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:31pm On Jul 09, 2013
hanem:

Hi,

The power adaptor does indeed have a green light.

I am a bit confused as to what a Nepa light is?

Nepa light is electricity as in power from the wall.
I use this term for people to understand what I mean.
follow previous instructions and reply back.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hanem: 3:58pm On Jul 09, 2013
deji2009:

Nepa light is electricity as in power from the wall.
I use this term for people to understand what I mean.
follow previous instructions and reply back.

Thanks for the clarification.

I have tried this and it hasn't worked. I googled some more and something that was suggested was the dc jack not working? Could this be the case?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dridowu: 4:08pm On Jul 09, 2013
deji2009:

you would notice your post was not replied to. In the future try and
write clearly. This is one of the secret about online forum that most
people don't know. I personally ignore this type of post, I don't know
about others. it make it difficult to read and does not worth spending my
precious time on it. write in full that way people will know that you've thought
about it and the reader would do the same. u can use popular one's like lappy, u,
2, d, dis, etc. I am not sure whether you're having a battery problem or
internet issues because I couldn't pick out what you've written. cheers

Deji from London
thanks 4 responding, pls pardon my english and haphazard way of writing, with my little experience with internet am so sure its not battery issue. D sign that i describe occur immediately the network is connected and i guess ds prevent me from browsing. This signs occur right inside " the small look alike computer icon" beside. Pls pardon ds blur picture dat i attached. Pls help

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:50pm On Jul 09, 2013
dridowu: thanks 4 responding, pls pardon my english and haphazard way of writing, with my little experience with internet am so sure its not battery issue. D sign that i describe occur immediately the network is connected and i guess ds prevent me from browsing. This signs occur right inside " the small look alike computer icon" beside. Pls pardon ds blur picture dat i attached. Pls help

Not ur English but writing in a way that encourage people to read it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:53pm On Jul 09, 2013
hanem:

Thanks for the clarification.

I have tried this and it hasn't worked. I googled some more and something that was suggested was the dc jack not working? Could this be the case?

We are not trying to get to work. What actually happened ?please read previous post carefully.
I mentioned about dc jack, if you read it carefully.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:56pm On Jul 09, 2013
dridowu: thanks 4 responding, pls pardon my english and haphazard way of writing, with my little experience with internet am so sure its not battery issue. D sign that i describe occur immediately the network is connected and i guess ds prevent me from browsing. This signs occur right inside " the small look alike computer icon" beside. Pls pardon ds blur picture dat i attached. Pls help

Seems you're using Win 7
click start, computer
system properties
device manager
right click the
yellow sign and
click on properties
it should give you
a code. is it a
mtn modem or a wirless network
virgin media or BT

u r in Nigeria, aren't u ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dridowu: 5:33pm On Jul 09, 2013
deji2009:

Seems you're using Win 7
click start, computer
system properties
device manager
right click the
yellow sign and
click on properties
it should give you
a code. is it a
virgin media or BT

am on mobile right now, yep window 7,i will do as u said when i get home, am in Nigeria (lagos), am using swift and multilinks network only. Thanks 4 being there. I will get back to you. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 6:18pm On Jul 09, 2013
deji....well done with the responsea. you are indeed throughly gifted bro. about hanem's system .i have noticed such with most acer an emachine systems. i got an emachine e727 with same problems and after doing my reaearch and tweakinf found out ita a board problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aksquaad: 8:00pm On Jul 09, 2013
Evening guys, please i need the internet downloader manager life key software pleassssssssssse
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dridowu: 9:04pm On Jul 09, 2013
deji2009:

Seems you're using Win 7
click start, computer
system properties
device manager
right click the
yellow sign and
click on properties
it should give you
a code. is it a
virgin media or BT

i tried all ds , when i right click on the yellow sign , the only option are 2, dy are troubleshoot problem and open network and sharing center, i dont no what to do again ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.