Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,335 members, 7,839,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1279116 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ahmedgafar7(m): 7:27pm On Jul 15, 2013
deji2009:

Given v3 suggestion. I'd like you to connect the modem to
a different computer and test it ? do you have Norton installed or
antivirus firewall that may prevent a connection. what if you take the
laptop a different location, any signal ? also connect the modem
click start, computer, view system information or my computer, system properties then
device manager. any exclamation mark or yellow sign ? have you attempt to uninstall the modem
software from add and remove programs after that you then insert the modem to auto install the
drivers software automatically.
I will try those.tnks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by FrancaNneka: 8:30pm On Jul 15, 2013
Pls can any one help with activation key for micro-soft office 2010? Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhemite(m): 9:25pm On Jul 15, 2013
Greetings Everyone. Appreciating All The Good works been done here. I was trying to Install PES 2013 ON MY HP COMPAQ CQ58 (4GB, DOUS. 500GB. HDD). But i kept getting Error. I install Winning Eleven 7, Given to me by a Friend. Also Winning Eleven 9 also refuse to Install. Please I don't mean to bore you All but i just want to play A little Game once in a while on my System. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tivta(m): 9:59pm On Jul 15, 2013
Rhemite: Greetings Everyone. Appreciating All The Good works been done here. I was trying to Install PES 2013 ON MY HP COMPAQ CQ58 (4GB, DOUS. 500GB. HDD). But i kept getting Error. I install Winning Eleven 7, Given to me by a Friend. Also Winning Eleven 9 also refuse to Install. Please I don't mean to bore you All but i just want to play A little Game once in a while on my System. Thanks.

I doubt if your laptop has enough video ram to support those games. Compaq computers are entry systems meant mostly for watching videos and typing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tivta(m): 10:01pm On Jul 15, 2013
tivta: Guru's. I have a unique problem with my system. Am using a windows 7 basic.
The issue is, when i click on start button, and then all programmes, then finally when i click on a particular folder like microsoft office, it shows nothing. I am there by forced to go to programme files and then right click on each particular programme to create a desktop icon. Yet i have a perfectly working paid AVG that is up to date. So what can be the issue?

So no one can help?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhemmymatician(m): 8:07am On Jul 16, 2013
My hp g-62 notebook pc(amd) has refused to come on. If I press the power button all the indicating lights will come on to show that its working, but it will not display/sound the screen will just be like its not on. Until a long time if I off and on it again, then it will come on fully. But now if I do d same thing, no mnatter how long I wait, it still won't come on. Pls help! I need the lappy for my exams cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KazeKage1: 9:13am On Jul 16, 2013
Rhemmymatician: My hp g-62 notebook pc(amd) has refused to come on. If I press the power button all the indicating lights will come on to show that its working, but it will not display/sound the screen will just be like its not on. Until a long time if I off and on it again, then it will come on fully. But now if I do d same thing, no mnatter how long I wait, it still won't come on. Pls help! I need the lappy for my exams cry
Hello Sir/Ma,

This could be due to a few things, but first i'd like to know how long you've been using this notebook?

Bad RAM - Is the percentage of RAM dedicated to VGA (Graphics) overclocked/underclocked? Did you try to tweak any settings recently? Have you tried to clean the RAM using a soft brush w/methylated spirit? Have you tested a different RAM on it?

Flex - This could well be the problem but i need you to answer a few questions; Does the screen flicker when you power it on? Has the laptop ever fallen down (knowingly or unknowingly)? Is the 'grip' on the flex area strong or weak?

Update - Did you recently update the BIOS software version?

Over-heating - This could have fried a chip that's responsible for graphics display.

Take it to a credible technician who can look at it.

Let us know how it goes.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tivta(m): 9:37am On Jul 16, 2013
@KazeKage1.
No suggestion for my issue?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhemmymatician(m): 10:15am On Jul 16, 2013
KazeKage1:
Hello Sir/Ma,

This could be due to a few things, but first i'd like to know how long you've been using this notebook?

Bad RAM - Is the percentage of RAM dedicated to VGA (Graphics) overclocked/underclocked? Did you try to tweak any settings recently? Have you tried to clean the RAM using a soft brush w/methylated spirit? Have you tested a different RAM on it?

Flex - This could well be the problem but i need you to answer a few questions; Does the screen flicker when you power it on? Has the laptop ever fallen down (knowingly or unknowingly)? Is the 'grip' on the flex area strong or weak?

Update - Did you recently update the BIOS software version?

Over-heating - This could have fried a chip that's responsible for graphics display.

Take it to a credible technician who can look at it.

Let us know how it goes.
1. How long? September 2009
2. RAM? Don't think its over/under worked
Cleaned with brush? I think the technician I gave did that, maybe that's why it worked for a whilee before reverting back.
Tried with a new RAM? Don't think so
3. Flex? Nah! When it eventually comes on, it doesn't flicker, the neck of the laptop is firm, though the screen has gapped, but I'm sure that can't be the reason?
4. It has fallen down, maybe once or twice, like a few months back but it came right back on and nothing seemed to be amiss afterward.
5.Overheating? I think its used to be hot before, but d technician I gave said it comes with all AMD laptops, and he removed sumfn there, now it doesn't overheat again.

I gave a technician, twice. After each time it works for a couple of days and reverts again. And the technician says he can't work on it again that the motherboard is weak or sumfn. Thanks for ur interest
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 16, 2013
Rhemmymatician: My hp g-62 notebook pc(amd) has refused to come on. If I press the power button all the indicating lights will come on to show that its working, but it will not display/sound the screen will just be like its not on. Until a long time if I off and on it again, then it will come on fully. But now if I do d same thing, no mnatter how long I wait, it still won't come on. Pls help! I need the lappy for my exams cry
Your VGA is done, man. This is one of the most commonest problems with HP pavilion series laptops. Go get a new motherboard because a REFLOW will not sustain it again as it has been done by your technician more than necessary before.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by reziga: 12:11pm On Jul 16, 2013
please my widow is not geniue please how can i make it geniue and please i need help in formating my system myself.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ahmedgafar7(m): 12:48pm On Jul 16, 2013
anybody with a stable mtn bbc internet in lagos..my connection is frustrating me embarassed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KazeKage1: 12:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
reziga: please my widow is not geniue please how can i make it geniue and please i need help in formating my system myself.
Get an original Windows OS CD which will have a license key.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhemmymatician(m): 1:17pm On Jul 16, 2013
all4naija: Your VGA is done, man. This is one of the most commonest problems with HP pavilion series laptops. Go get a new motherboard because a REFLOW will not sustain it again as it has been done by your technician more than necessary before.
From what I hear a motherboard costs an arm and a leg. Will you advice me to get a motherboard or to get a new laptop?
What is the assurance that the motherboard's VGA(which I reckon will be fairly-used) will not be half-way bad
Thanks bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 1:34pm On Jul 16, 2013
Rhemmymatician:
From what I hear a motherboard costs an arm and a leg. Will you advice me to get a motherboard or to get a new laptop?
What is the assurance that the motherboard's VGA(which I reckon will be fairly-used) will not be half-way bad
Thanks bro
You buy the motherboard as brand new. If you still love the system then go for it. Buying a new system would cost you as much as 80-90k.

But a new motherboard shouldnt cost more than 25k.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 1:36pm On Jul 16, 2013
Rhemmymatician:
Thanks bro
well i havent seen someone with a bga reflow station machine here in nigeria.i believe u can find one in lagos(d last time i checked, i didnt find any in computer village,maybe i nor waka far but i tink one or 2 persons has it.).. i also believe if u can find the right person with the right equipment u dont have 2 buy a new motherboard..

VGA problem happens 2 all motherboard irrespective of the manufacturer.. when your vga chip generates heat, it tends togradually shift the chip away from the board...using an smd rework station would do d board no gud but instead harm it esp by a quack..its not by heating the chip.the best bet is if u can find someone with the reflow machine 2 remove d chip and resolder it back den u are gud 2 go.. using hot air from an smd rework station will not sustain it..it might last 4 months and come up with the same issues again.u can google bga rework station 2 get an idea of what am talking about..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhemmymatician(m): 1:43pm On Jul 16, 2013
brightk: well i havent seen someone with a bga reflow station machine here in nigeria.i believe u can find one in lagos(d last time i checked, i didnt find any in computer village,maybe i nor waka far but i tink one or 2 persons has it.).. i also believe if u can find the right person with the right equipment u dont have 2 buy a new motherboard..

VGA problem happens 2 all motherboard irrespective of the manufacturer.. when your vga chip generates heat, it tends togradually shift the chip away from the board...using an smd rework station would do d board no gud but instead harm it esp by a quack..its not by heating the chip.the best bet is if u can find someone with the reflow machine 2 remove d chip and resolder it back den u are gud 2 go.. using hot air from an smd rework station will not sustain it..it might last 4 months and come up with the same issues again.u can google bga rework station 2 get an idea of what am talking about..
Thanks bro. Any idea aw much the rework ish will cost me if I find it in lagos? Trying to go for the cheaper option in motherboard, laptop, or rework
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 2:05pm On Jul 16, 2013
Rhemmymatician:
Thanks bro. Any idea aw much the rework ish will cost me if I find it in lagos? Trying to go for the cheaper option in motherboard, laptop, or rework
i really dont know..but just make out time and look out 4 a gud repair shop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wonlasewonimi: 2:06pm On Jul 16, 2013
reziga: please my widow is not geniue please how can i make it geniue and please i need help in formating my system myself.

Let your widow marry some other member of the family..she will feel geniue.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ahmedgafar7(m): 4:42pm On Jul 16, 2013
i have successfully hidden my IP(confirmed using two find my IP sites) using hotspot shield but my mtn(BBC subscription) connection still disconnects.any solution
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Eseklint(f): 8:39pm On Jul 16, 2013
Please I don't know what to press to get the @ key in my new samsung laptop please help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:09pm On Jul 16, 2013
Eseklint: Please I don't know what to press to get the @ key in my new samsung laptop please help me
press the combination of these two keys shift + 2 or if that dosent work use a combination of shift+ # key or any other key around the right hand side of the keyboard beside the enter key to identify the @ key.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 16, 2013
Rhemmymatician:
Dude, go get yourself a new motherboard and stop listening to hearsay by some individual who doesn't have much idea about REFLOW sustainability. Why waste the time running around incurring cost at the process while you can get a motherboard that would have a guarantee at a considerable price?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhemmymatician(m): 11:11pm On Jul 16, 2013
all4naija: Dude, go get yourself a new motherboard and stop listening to hearsay by some individual who doesn't have much idea about REFLOW sustainability. Why waste the time running around incurring cost at the process while you can get a motherboard that would have a guarantee at a considerable price?
Thx bro.
I just asked and was told dt I shd buy a core 13 motherboard instead of an AMD, that amd gets spoilt quickly. What do u think?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 7:34am On Jul 17, 2013
all4naija: Dude, go get yourself a new motherboard and stop listening to hearsay by some individual who doesn't have much idea about REFLOW sustainability. Why waste the time running around incurring cost at the process while you can get a motherboard that would have a guarantee at a considerable price?

guy if you dont know about something den shut ur trap... u tink all the new board u si in the market are acutally new..am in d game...scraps are bought from individual stores n from difft part of the state and taken to unknown locations and then worked on. some even shipped out of the country. they are den refurbished and brought back sealed and tagged as new ones..

my guy if u nor de d line den stay out of the line...nor talk wetin u nor know...i only gave him a piece of advice..he has his own sense of reasoning. so he should choose what he wants....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 8:06am On Jul 17, 2013
Rhemmymatician:
Thx bro.
I just asked and was told dt I shd buy a core 13 motherboard instead of an AMD, that amd gets spoilt quickly. What do u think?

i argued the same tin some years ago about AMD not until i met a guy who knows his onions (u dont need a soothsayer 2 tell u stories)..like i said if u nor know about something den u nor suppose 2 discourage people.. despite d fact that u dont know d stakes in d industry doesnt mean others dont know theirs..i actually fixed an over heating board with just a bios update after i don work on d board with no success sometin dat some engineers has condemned for replacement.tins u must know abt AMD

1. AMD boards are not 4 quacks..that is y de are afraid of working on it cos de tend 2 damage it more.. (come to tink of
it if AMD is dat bad them 4 don fall out of business not just in 9ja but d reset d world..na becos AMD de market naim
make anybody fit de afford intel otherwise u for de use VIA processors lol)

2. AMD boards are cheap...compared 2 dia rivals..

3. the fact that de tel u dat it spoils on time depends on how u handle ur laptop..(i tink there shud be a tutorial on
how 2 use a laptop lol). na intel board nor de burn... nor be ur own get problem.. 9ja nor de sabi fix.. na 2 de
replace b dia own...y didnt de fix ur own intel board if de are gud in wat de do..mtcheww

btw i believe ur processor should be in a good state even when d board is bad.. i dont know if its an icore processor..cos an icore processor can only be used on a board dat supports icore processors.. besides u didnt tell us d kind of board you have...if u buy an icore supported board and ur processor is not an icore believe me dat moni don waste. more also if u buy an AMD board u have to buy an AMD processor..an icore board can only be used on a casing with the same form factor as d board itself.. boards of these days are not made strong becos the producer wants 2 make moni and wouldnt want your board 2 last more dan a specific no of yrs...if de dont do it dat way.. den de are out of business...electronics have wat we cal MTTF (mean time to failure)..everytin has time.. na before manufacturers de look one side..

u can even get a gud graphics card with at least 512mb as an add on the AMD board. sometin u can never get on a platter of gold on intel boards except u get moni 2 blow..

tink bro....shine ur eyes
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 8:53am On Jul 17, 2013
U WANT 2 MAKE UR LAPTOP LAST LONG

1.. get a gud surge protector... tins like spike, low voltage, high voltage can cause problems to your charger and
eventually to your laptop gradually.d current or voltage might be absorbed or resisted by the latpop... and either
of these has an effect on the motherboad, or screen

2. don not place your laptop on non ventilated surfaces or even in non ventilated environments.. eg. on ur bed... tank
God for some new designs were the fan ventilation is no longer underneath d laptop but rather by the sides..put dem
on flat surfaces..laptops doesnt mean they should be on ur laps... experts won of infertility esp wen u are using
radio signals 2 transmit

3. Avoid dusty areas..dust and other small materials tend 2 get clogged up in your fan thereby reducing its speed and
thus causing over heating.. u can get compressed air and apply it on the provided ventilation areas of your laptop 2
blow out dust on your fans and even keyboards.

4. getting something like a keyboard guard (a protective covering) 2 prevent ur keyboard from dust. they also affect
your keyboard.

5. Always use the right charger for your laptops.. A wrong charger might be sending in the wrong values of voltage or
current into your laptop and might get ur board fried..

5. get an original notebook cooling base.. weda u like it or not.. your laptop is bound 2 get hot but not really
excessive hot except the unexpected has happened.. u can get the original microsoft cooling base.or other products.
some piple prefer the usb powered ones while other prefer the mains AC type.. u can google more on dat..

6 check your manufactures site 2 si if there is any update release for your laptops. there are no perfect designs so
updates are released yearly..i can remember one hp mini dat a problem of dragging audio wen playing music.. they
almost killed the hard disc with reformatting cos they believe d os is bad, d driver is bad or the laptop is not gud
anymore..A simple bios update simply did d trick.. although you have 2 be careful wen it comes to anything bios
updates or manufactures update in general.. even windows update has its own problems..Also check to see if there are
new drivers or firmwares released for your peripherals.

windows updates generally has its own gud and bad side.. i cant say much on it becos dat wud min a long paragraph..
maybe for another post

believe ur laptop will last longer than expected..i have an hp dv pavilion (dv 6700) whose parts has never bin changed since 2008..we just kip upgrading hard disc and ram. the only drawback was fast draining battery and weak dvd drive. sometin dat happens 2 every laptop.

Always read the instructions so dat your dont run into problems...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kellyo433: 8:57pm On Jul 17, 2013
hello my dear nairalanders
please i need ur help...i just upgraded my nx6110 system window from window XP to window 7
now the problem is that some multimedia audio controller, network controller and video controller refuse to drive i have downloaded so many drivers esp. Audio driver but none refuse to drive it please help ...where can i download a driver that drive it please
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 9:01pm On Jul 17, 2013
kellyo433: hello my dear nairalanders
please i need ur help...i just upgraded my nx6110 system window from window XP to window 7
now the problem is that some multimedia audio controller, network controller and video controller refuse to drive i have downloaded so many drivers esp. Audio driver but none refuse to drive it please help ...where can i download a driver that drive it please

go 2 ur manufacturers site n check if ur model supports win7..is d nx6110 an hp or a compaq product
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 5:44am On Jul 18, 2013
KEllyo. go to device manager and select the individual devices with missing drivers. right click and chose properties. under the details tab,go to the property section and select hardware ids. copy out the ids starting pci/.. and paste each in google search or in here and i will give u links to the drivers.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chiefupper: 3:09pm On Jul 18, 2013
my system (sony VAIO) is rejecting password, it is the usual password I have been using for it before but all of a sudden it started rejecting it,please guys what is the way out?

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.