Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,229 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1274508 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:17am On Aug 08, 2013
honeric01:

I have tried this and it worked well, but as soon as i instal my norton anti virus, it goes back to crashing again. this anti virus is not alien to my laptop so i am not sure why this is happening now.
some users of norton anti virus have complianed of same. It might be due to some conflict. Best option is to uninstal the norton and get another anti virus or mace you get a norton anti virus thats compatible with your system.
@electromag i will reply you soon. I have been mobile and cant really see clearly the list of programs on your task manager.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:46am On Aug 08, 2013
onyekabe: bros what should i do to make it turn red

blue=on, red=off my prev msg. i ask u for d full model number
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by meshybizzo(m): 10:54am On Aug 08, 2013
electromag:
I am using Lenovo L430 laptop and I'm having internet data issues with it. When I plug in my modem to connect to the internet, even without opening any browser my data usage is unbearable. A program is downloading on the background I don't seem to get. I have disabled windows update and check startup prog yet can't figure out what is consuming the data. Please I need urgent help on how to disable this program.

Have you disabled your anti-virus? Also might not be a startup program instead an installed program like adobe reader which has been allowed to check and download updates once internet is available. So do:
1) When you disable any program including windows update be sure to select "never update" or "don't check for updates".
2) next time you enter the internet, open your task manager (press ctrl+sht+esc) and goto process tab. You should be able to see the programs that are running and end the one trying to download updates.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sleeky8(m): 12:36pm On Aug 08, 2013
Afternoon y'all i have a HP laptop and anytime I use it' it goes off unexpectedly even though its connected to an Ac pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Observe(m): 2:29pm On Aug 08, 2013
Can a ram damage....i have 2gb ram that is not booting my system ....what should i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2013
Observe: Can a ram damage....i have 2gb ram that is not booting my system ....what should i do
have u changed the ram and used the new one 2 boot ur system did it boot..if it did den u ve 2 change d ram of the system.. there is no 2 way abt it.. a bad ram is a bad ram... some engineers go tell u say dem de work ram lol tongue grin....but if u replace the ram and it didnt boot. den u ve 2 do some other troubleshooting..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:48pm On Aug 08, 2013
sleeky8: Afternoon y'all i have a HP laptop and anytime I use it' it goes off unexpectedly even though its connected to an Ac pls help

connect charger and make is running through the mains.
restart laptop and keep pressing f10 for bios
leave it there and note how long it takes it to
turn itself off. is the fanning making noise ?
does the base of d laptop get very hot

does it restart itself , any error msg?

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aeu1: 5:49pm On Aug 08, 2013
I have dell latitude D 410
The only problem I have is that the cursor dances very erratically on it own accord and hide and refuses to respond to mouse. clicks . This makes using the system very difficult. I showed a technician, they did not have a clue. I learnt is a known problem with dell, any solution for this?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sleeky8(m): 5:52pm On Aug 08, 2013
deji2009:

connect charger and make is running through the mains.
restart laptop and keep pressing f10 for bios
leave it there and note how long it takes it to
turn itself off. is the fanning making noise ?
does the base of d laptop get very hot

does it restart itself , any error msg?
The fan is not making any unusually noise and the base of the laptop is hot. It does not restarts itself, it just shuts down and there is no error msg. If I turn it on, it works for lak 45mins and then shuts down
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 6:26pm On Aug 08, 2013
sleeky8:
The fan is not making any unusually noise and the base of the laptop is hot. It does not restarts itself, it just shuts down and there is no error msg. If I turn it on, it works for lak 45mins and then shuts down
symptoms of over heating. The vent might be clogged making it difficult to ventilate the board properly and when it over heats system protection kicks in shutting it down to prevent component from burning.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:33pm On Aug 08, 2013
aeu1: I have dell latitude D 410
The only problem I have is that the cursor dances very erratically on it own accord and hide and refuses to respond to mouse. clicks . This makes using the system very difficult. I showed a technician, they did not have a clue. I learnt is a known problem with dell, any solution for this?

That's correct. in the meanwhile restart laptop
and keep pressing f2 to go to the bios
scroll down to power management. should
state the ac adaptor type cannot be determined
or not installed ? is this the correct
charger, i.e. otiginal dell charger not chinko type.

click start, control pane;, hardware and sound and mouse

or mouse click the options an dthe top until you see an option
where you could change the movement of the mouse. preferably type
touchopad eractic on google for solutions
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:36pm On Aug 08, 2013
onegig: some users of norton anti virus have complianed of same. It might be due to some conflict. Best option is to uninstal the norton and get another anti virus or mace you get a norton anti virus thats compatible with your system.
@electromag i will reply you soon. I have been mobile and cant really see clearly the list of programs on your task manager.

In addition to onegi's advice, please uninstall the Norton and download Norton removal tool from
google to completely remove it. http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Uninstallers/Norton-Removal-Tool.shtml
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sleeky8(m): 7:03pm On Aug 08, 2013
onegig: symptoms of over heating. The vent might be clogged making it difficult to ventilate the board properly and when it over heats system protection kicks in shutting it down to prevent component from burning.

Fanks bro, any tips on how I can clean the vents or I should just take it to a professional
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onyekabe(m): 8:20pm On Aug 08, 2013
deji2009:

blue=on, red=off my prev msg. i ask u for d full model number
Here is the model no prsario CQ50 110US
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:33pm On Aug 08, 2013
onyekabe: Here is the model no prsario CQ50 110US

you are using vista or xp ?

use google to find out how you
can get to device manager and
check the wireless drivers status. any yellow signs ?

on most hp and Compaq d light should be blue for d wireless

on the far righr near d battery signs did you see a red
x or not network device installed ? when did you start having this problems
as we may be able to turn back d hand of time using system restore
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhemmymatician(m): 9:03am On Aug 09, 2013
onegig: symptoms of over heating. The vent might be clogged making it difficult to ventilate the board properly and when it over heats system protection kicks in shutting it down to prevent component from burning.
Chief! How far? Not interested in that stuff again?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Observe(m): 9:11am On Aug 09, 2013
Pls ....hElp my Toshiba satellite m35x-s149 after formatting it with window XP...I clicked on my computer it started shaking....what would be the problem but other programs are not Like that...somebody told me that I have to change the processor....pls ur advice
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kassidy4luv(m): 9:28am On Aug 09, 2013
Which modem is the best for browsing? I need response ASAP?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 10:53am On Aug 09, 2013
Rhemmymatician:
Chief! How far? Not interested in that stuff again?

You can blow the vent with compressed air. If dat doesn't solve it, take it to a good PC technician.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 11:04am On Aug 09, 2013
Kassidy4luv: Which modem is the best for browsing? I need response ASAP?

Bro the truth is dat there is no fool-proof way to determine which is best, as all of the companies offering d service in naija are impeded by many issues.

As a user U have to consider several factors b4 choosing.

1. Location: where u stay. Modem dat work for me may not have reception at your own area. where do u stay?
2. Budget: The very best broadband ISPs are quite expensive. How much are you willing to pay monthly?
3. Technology: USB or Wifi modem. The later will require external power source and not quite mobile, but it has better reception.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KOA101: 11:36am On Aug 09, 2013
MY TOSHIBA BATTERY IS BAD MODEL "PA3591U-1BRS" I WANT TO REPLACE IT,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by meshybizzo(m): 11:39am On Aug 09, 2013
sleeky8:

Your system is over heating most likely that's why it goes off. Which means your fan can't do the job well anymore. So take so preventitive measures.
1) Don't place your laptop on any stuffy surface like your bed
2) Support the pc by raising it above any flat surface you place it on. You could use a book for instance. This will allow more air.
3) Either change the fan to a more powerful one or buy an external fan. Regular ones cost like N1500

Also if you can get your hands on a diagnostic software to check the temperature of your board that will be good. Recommended temp for pc is btw 40C - 55C during usage. Anything above means problem!

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by meshybizzo(m): 11:47am On Aug 09, 2013
aeu1: I have dell latitude D 410

Most likely you need to change your charger. In correct power supply can cause the system (and cursor) to drag. Check the volt and amp on your charger to Make sure it corresponds with what is written @ the back of your laptop. Also try finding and using another charger for your same model.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by meshybizzo(m): 11:56am On Aug 09, 2013
KOA101: MY TOSHIBA BATTERY IS BAD MODEL "PA3591U-1BRS" I WANT TO REPLACE IT,

Ok. Replace it then Or is there a problem doing that?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sleeky8(m): 12:00pm On Aug 09, 2013
meshybizzo:

Your system is over heating most likely that's why it goes off. Which means your fan can't do the job well anymore. So take so preventitive measures.
1) Don't place your laptop on any stuffy surface like your bed
2) Support the pc by raising it above any flat surface you place it on. You could use a book for instance. This will allow more air.
3) Either change the fan to a more powerful one or buy an external fan. Regular ones cost like N1500

Also if you can get your hands on a diagnostic software to check the temperature of your board that will be good. Recommended temp for pc is btw 40C - 55C during usage. Anything above means problem!

Fanks advice taken, I c u HD
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kassidy4luv(m): 12:53pm On Aug 09, 2013
[quote
author=wolebaba]

Bro the truth is dat there is no fool-proof way to determine which is
best, as all of the companies offering d service in naija are impeded by
many issues.

As a user U have to consider several factors b4 choosing.

1. Location: where u stay. Modem dat work for me may not have reception
at your own area. where do u stay?
2. Budget: The very best broadband ISPs are quite expensive. How much
are you willing to pay monthly?
3. Technology: USB or Wifi modem. The later will require external power
source and not quite mobile, but it has better reception.[/quote] I stay around Obadore LASU Isheri road , bt some times @ Sabo yaba. Though Etisalat mast close my were I stay @ obadore, like wise MTN, i need a USB modem, and I dnt need an expensive 1. tanx REPONSE ASAP!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SEYIKP(m): 1:51pm On Aug 09, 2013
meshybizzo:

Ok. Replace it then Or is there a problem doing that?
I RESIDE IN IBADAN AM UNABLE TO FIND IT HERE.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kashifkk: 8:30pm On Aug 09, 2013
if you are facing lots of problem and lots of viruses in computer you must need the protection so i suggest you to download the Anti-Virus software from following links , these are torrent file:

http://avail-softwares-games-ebooks..com/2013/08/download-kaspersky-antivirus-2013.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bosa1(m): 2:28am On Aug 10, 2013
kindly help me. I open up my system and I got dis message "Operating system not found" what shld I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hayplus: 9:20am On Aug 10, 2013
pls i need to replace the cooling fan of my laptop. can i get new one and where can i buy it in computer village?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kunlex445(m): 10:24am On Aug 10, 2013
onegig:

[url=ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp37001-37500/sp37155.exe]audio[/url]

[url=ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp37501-38000/sp37950.exe]Wireless1[/url]

[url=ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp38001-38500/sp38054.exe]Wireless 2[/url]

Bro, am still having problem withd audio drivers afta downloading it, i try 2 install it but i was unable 2 install it.it keep telling me "the HDA audio bus driver is required and not fouND" PLS wat do i need to do to install it..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:27am On Aug 10, 2013
electromag: image
[img][/img]

You need to disable the following applications from auto updates.

JAVA
Adobe flash player
Antivirus.

The image was not clear enough so couldn't see clearly...

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.