Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1272719 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:29am On Aug 10, 2013
bosa1: kindly help me. I open up my system and I got dis message "Operating system not found" what shld I do?

What operating system are you using. If it is xp...then you need to get a xp cd to repair the operating system. The bcd containing windows files is missing or corrupt.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:30am On Aug 10, 2013
kunlex445:

Bro, am still having problem withd audio drivers afta downloading it, i try 2 install it but i was unable 2 install it.it keep telling me "the HDA audio bus driver is required and not fouND" PLS wat do i need to do to install it..

Extract it anywhere and remember the location...

Go to your control panel and in device manager find the yellow question mark beside the pci device...Right click on it and select reinstall driver and then point to where you extracted the file you downloaded...It might ask you twice so just point to the same location where it is downloaded and all will be fine...It will install with no errors and then take your original driver CD and install the audio drivers and you will have sound...

also google this and download

Microsoft UAA Bus Driver
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:31am On Aug 10, 2013
SEYI_KP: I RESIDE IN IBADAN AM UNABLE TO FIND IT HERE.

Citadel in front of UI gate would definitely have.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SEYIKP(m): 5:08pm On Aug 10, 2013
onegig:

Citadel in front of UI gate would definitely have.
HAVE TRIED CITADEL MOKOLA OFFICE, MAYBE I WILL TRY THE UI BRANCH. PLS IF ANYONE CAN GET IT FOR ME IN LAGOS I WILL APPRECIATE THAT. MODEL PA3591U-1BRS. THANKS ONEGIG YOU ARE DOING YOO MAN JOB HERE, MAY GOD BLESS U IN JESUS NAME.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2013
kunlex445:

Bro, am still having problem withd audio drivers afta downloading it, i try 2 install it but i was unable 2 install it.it keep telling me "the HDA audio bus driver is required and not fouND" PLS wat do i need to do to install it..
wetin be ur laptop name.. go d manufacturer site make u download am.. abi u don force d lappy 2 use os wen dem nor de support?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by meshybizzo(m): 9:41pm On Aug 10, 2013
SEYI_KP: I RESIDE IN IBADAN AM UNABLE TO FIND IT HERE.

I thk IB should b an hour+ to Lagos. You could get 2 computer village and back the same day. If you can't I can help you. But u do have 2 pay smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by meshybizzo(m): 9:50pm On Aug 10, 2013
bosa1: kindly help me. I open up my system and I got dis message "Operating system not found" what shld I do?

Few things could have caused this. One I believe is improper shutdown of your pc either by you or probably thru power outage.
What you will need to do is:
1) If your computer has a recovery partition, you can run recover.
2) If it doesn't, Try get a bootable cd of your particular windows, insert into your cd drive and run it. You might need to set your computer to boot from cd drive thru setup. When the computer boots, use the "repair windows" function to try repair your windows. Follow the instructions.
Do not format the drive if not you will lose all your files!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wondaboyromeoo(m): 12:29pm On Aug 11, 2013
Volume of my laptop z nt loud. Even wen d volume z in d highest,dat green line dat goes up n down due to the loudnes of d sound does nt reach d highest. Wat can i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dikachiii: 6:20pm On Aug 11, 2013
Good evening guys, pls I need an urgent solution.

My Dell D610 is having this problem, if I turn it off and want to turn it on it will show the normal green light as if it will boot then make a small click noise and turn off. I've tried all solution.. Draining static power still it won't boot. If I remove battery and plug power direct it still won't boot. It is charging when I plug it but to boot is wahala. Sometimes after many tries it will boot and work fine I will be using sleep method till whenever I turn it off then to bott again is wahala. Please help.

Hope this is not too long.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hardniola(m): 6:32pm On Aug 11, 2013
pls guys i just change d HHD for ma system but it work smothly at first....but now is just bring this
pxe-e61: media test failure, check cable
pxe-mof: exiting pxe rom

reboot nd select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device nd press a key
pls guy ma use del i5040. Nd av choose boot from HHd several tyms was d problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:07pm On Aug 11, 2013
hardniola: pls guys i just change d HHD for ma system but it work smothly at first....but now is just bring this
pxe-e61: media test failure, check cable
pxe-mof: exiting pxe rom

reboot nd select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device nd press a key
pls guy ma use del i5040. Nd av choose boot from HHd several tyms was d problem.

PXE is in the bios setup. The PXE option allows the PC to boot from a network server. PXE is not in the filesystem. The location in BIOS of the Boot setup will vary, Some BIOS allow shutting down PXE, other simply move it to the bottom of the boot device list. Go to your boot order. If your Hard drive is higher in the boot list than the pxe or network option and you still see this error then there is a problem with your hdd. Do the hard disk test in the bios to ascertain your hardisk health

you can also solve the problem by holding the F2 button, resetting all settings to default, and saving and exiting.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:08pm On Aug 11, 2013
Dikachiii: Good evening guys, pls I need an urgent solution.

My Dell D610 is having this problem, if I turn it off and want to turn it on it will show the normal green light as if it will boot then make a small click noise and turn off. I've tried all solution.. Draining static power still it won't boot. If I remove battery and plug power direct it still won't boot. It is charging when I plug it but to boot is wahala. Sometimes after many tries it will boot and work fine I will be using sleep method till whenever I turn it off then to bott again is wahala. Please help.

Check the RAM first and clean the slots before installing new ones. If you change the RAM and same reoccurs then your VGA is/has gone bad gradually.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wondaboyromeoo(m): 8:12pm On Aug 11, 2013
wondaboy_romeoo: Volume of my laptop z nt loud. Even wen d volume z in d highest,dat green line dat goes up n down due to the loudnes of d sound does nt reach d highest. Wat can i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:23pm On Aug 11, 2013
SEYI_KP: HAVE TRIED CITADEL MOKOLA OFFICE, MAYBE I WILL TRY THE UI BRANCH. PLS IF ANYONE CAN GET IT FOR ME IN LAGOS I WILL APPRECIATE THAT. MODEL PA3591U-1BRS. THANKS ONEGIG YOU ARE DOING YOO MAN JOB HERE, MAY GOD BLESS U .
would have loved to help but i am not go lagos as of now. Thanks for the prayers and you too.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:31pm On Aug 11, 2013
[quote author=wondaboy_romeoo][/quote]update your device driver. Some systems audio are not made for loud sound production. So just chill with yours if the update does not improve it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:40pm On Aug 11, 2013
wondaboy_romeoo: my pc problems.
update your device driver. Some systems audio are not made for loud sound production. So just chill with yours if the update does not improve it.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hardniola(m): 10:30pm On Aug 11, 2013
soryy to ask dis que huh
@onegig did u av idea how much one canget 320 HHD both new nd london use.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by meshybizzo(m): 10:34pm On Aug 11, 2013
Dikachiii: Good evening guys, pls I need an urgent solution.

Like onegig has said mostly your RAM or VGA (video card).
First thing, if you can check your RAM. If you have more than 1, remove one and then restart to test. If same problem happens switch off and replace d prev memory and remove the other 1 to test. Just 1 of d RAM might be bad. If problem still persist you need to check your VGA and possibly other devices like processor.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhemmymatician(m): 1:05am On Aug 12, 2013
Pls what's the implication(longterm or short term) of hibernating your system often instead of shutting it down?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:19am On Aug 12, 2013
meshybizzo:

Like onegig has said mostly your RAM or VGA (video card).
First thing, if you can check your RAM. If you have more than 1, remove one and then restart to test. If same problem happens switch off and replace d prev memory and remove the other 1 to test. Just 1 of d RAM might be bad. If problem still persist you need to check your VGA and possibly other devices like processor.

1st
@poster, does it boot to the bios ?

restart it pls keep pressing f2 for bios
does it boor to setu utility and can u hear d
click noise.

2nd

Start the computer while holding down F12
Hold down the F12 key and then press the power
button to turn the computer on.
The Dell logo will appear, and then a text menu
will be displayed with various hardware options.
Scroll down to the last option -- Diagnostics
with the arrow key and then press Enter

run memory test, hard drive test and other
test and tell us d results
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:20am On Aug 12, 2013
onegig:

PXE is in the bios setup. The PXE option allows the PC to boot from a network server. PXE is not in the filesystem. The location in BIOS of the Boot setup will vary, Some BIOS allow shutting down PXE, other simply move it to the bottom of the boot device list. Go to your boot order. If your Hard drive is higher in the boot list than the pxe or network option and you still see this error then there is a problem with your hdd. Do the hard disk test in the bios to ascertain your hardisk health

you can also solve the problem by holding the F2 button, resetting all settings to default, and saving and exiting.

What a classic error !

Nice1 Ongegig

wink cheesy cool
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KazeKage1: 8:38am On Aug 12, 2013
Rhemmymatician: Pls what's the implication(longterm or short term) of hibernating your system often instead of shutting it down?
I don't think there's any "serious" implications resulting from hibernating your pc. Rather, it saves power consumption when it's not in use. It puts your pc/laptop in a sleep state till you're ready to use the laptop again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:14am On Aug 12, 2013
Rhemmymatician: Pls what's the implication(longterm or short term) of hibernating your system often instead of shutting it down?

Only that the system saves the hibernation files which take up hard disk space.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:19am On Aug 12, 2013
hardniola: soryy to ask dis que huh
@onegig did u av idea how much one canget 320 HHD both new nd london use.

I guess samuel or so two pages back gave the prices he would be selling fairly used ones. The highest price for new ones won't exceed 10k.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Novabright: 10:04am On Aug 12, 2013
Pls i need the key for Avast and internet download manager.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Novabright: 10:08am On Aug 12, 2013
House, Pls i need the key for Avast and internet download manager.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:20am On Aug 12, 2013
deji2009:

What a classic error !

Nice1 Ongegig

wink cheesy cool

Thanks bro... cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moshoodn(m): 11:05am On Aug 12, 2013
My mum has a laptop she rarely uses. Maybe just type and print a document like once a month.

She brought it out yesterday to use and discovered some of the alphabet and numeric keys were not working anymore.

Same happened to my dad own too cos he rarely uses it too.

Pls, what can I do to it to get both my dad and mum keyboard to work again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:12am On Aug 12, 2013
moshoodn: My mum has a laptop she rarely uses. Maybe just type and print a document like once a month.

She brought it out yesterday to use and discovered some of the alphabet and numeric keys were not working anymore.

Same happened to my dad own too cos he rarely uses it too.

Pls, what can I do to it to get both my dad and mum keyboard to work again.

Give it out to charity so that the keys don't get sticky again tongue

It's the way they stored it....I guess the place had high humidity and was cooler than room temperature..You might have to open the system and take the keyboard out. cut the flex at the mouth with a sharp object then strip it before reconnecting. Give the model of the pc and i will give you images of the step by step mode of getting to the keyboard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 12:44pm On Aug 12, 2013
onegig:

Only that the system saves the hibernation files which take up hard disk space.
2GB or less, if i'm not mistaken. Which shouldn't be much of a problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kunlex445(m): 1:35pm On Aug 12, 2013
Pls Guys did Hp compaq nc6320 support windows 7 operating system? if Yes how do i get it 2 install on my laptop...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 1:42pm On Aug 12, 2013
kunlex445: Pls Guys did Hp compaq nc6320 support windows 7 operating system? if Yes how do i get it 2 install on my laptop...
I'm tempted to say YES to your answer but i'll need you tell us the spec of this laptop. Whats the RAM size? You don't want your laptop lagging when you install the OS (Windows 7) on it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.