Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (319) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1273956 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 6:45am On Aug 06, 2013
[quote author=Funjosh][/quote]dell inspiron wat...can u get in2 ur bios.. and check if u can boot from usb drives. if yes... i will suggest u get an external hard disk daz almost the size of ur laptop hard disk except u know destimate of ur files...i am going 2 assume u dont have access 2 a faster internet connection dat can get u at least fetch u d size of a downloaded cd if not less (sometin around 400-500mb). we are going 2 be using dos 2 nagivate around n copyin ur files 2 ur external.. let me know if u have d above...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wummex(f): 6:59am On Aug 06, 2013
My laptop has refused to log off since yesterday when I downloaded some things from it to my phone.The battery drained, I restarted it but it is still showing logging off without shutting down. Please what do you advise I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by alkanes1(m): 10:56am On Aug 06, 2013
brightk: avast lol cheesy grin ok put on ur pc after ur manufacturers logo disappears.. hit the f8 key continuously until a list of options appear.. except the stuff has eaten deep in2 ur windows boot up files. u shud be able 2 see safe mode and other options.. u might also find the last known configuration option.. chose either the safe mode or the last known configuration..were in delta do u reside cos i stay in warri..
After hitting the f8 key it showed many options I choosed safe mode but it could not repair it beside I stay in ozoro/abraka
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by honeric01(m): 11:03am On Aug 06, 2013
I need serious help:

Your PC ran into a problem and needs to
restarts. were just collecting some error info,
and then well restart for you (100% complete)

it keeps crashing and i'm fed up.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 3:32pm On Aug 06, 2013
honeric01: I need serious help:

Your PC ran into a problem and needs to
restarts. were just collecting some error info,
and then well restart for you (100% complete)

it keeps crashing and i'm fed up.
i guess it hanged while using it and you probably had external devices like usb devices connected when it happened. Simple explanation of what happened is that your system still has those device location logged into memory and still requesting for a memory address thats non existent.

Simple thing you need to do is to start in safe mode. By pressing f8 when the system is restarting. Select safe mode and boot into it. Do a system restore in safe mode by typing system restore in the start menu. Follow the instruction to the end and restart the pc. Your system should be back online. If this does not work get back here.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 3:36pm On Aug 06, 2013
wummex: My laptop has refused to log off since yesterday when I downloaded some things from it to my phone.The battery drained, I restarted it but it is still showing logging off without shutting down. Please what do you advise I do?
when you log on. Click the windows key and type system restore. Go to system restore and restore the system to a previous date. Go through google to see how to perform system restore.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by honeric01(m): 4:25pm On Aug 06, 2013
onegig: i guess it hanged while using it and you probably had external devices like usb devices connected when it happened. Simple explanation of what happened is that your system still has those device location logged into memory and still requesting for a memory address thats non existent.

Simple thing you need to do is to start in safe mode. By pressing f8 when the system is restarting. Select safe mode and boot into it. Do a system restore in safe mode by typing system restore in the start menu. Follow the instruction to the end and restart the pc. Your system should be back online. If this does not work get back here.

Thanks, i will try it now.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 4:27pm On Aug 06, 2013
Contact ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. For all
kinds of IT SUPPORT Mobile
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DevotedOne(m): 4:29pm On Aug 06, 2013
I'm running Ubuntu 12.4, for maybe two weeks now. It is acting very finicky all of a sudden. Stops loading, and must be restarted. Asks for password claiming p/w is wrong, after correct p/w has been inserted. I downloaded an application to watch videos; for the pass few days synaptic has been asking to DL the application again, stating a package failed to DL. The application works fine! There's more, but enough for now.
I must suspect that someone is intruding. What is the best solution for this problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by electromag: 8:40pm On Aug 06, 2013
I am using Lenovo L430 laptop and I'm having internet data issues with it. When I plug in my modem to connect to the internet, even without opening any browser my data usage is unbearable. A program is downloading on the background I don't seem to get. I have disabled windows update and check startup prog yet can't figure out what is consuming the data. Please I need urgent help on how to disable this program.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:04pm On Aug 06, 2013
electromag:
I am using Lenovo L430 laptop and I'm having internet data issues with it. When I plug in my modem to connect to the internet, even without opening any browser my data usage is unbearable. A program is downloading on the background I don't seem to get. I have disabled windows update and check startup prog yet can't figure out what is consuming the data. Please I need urgent help on how to disable this program.
please take a screenshot of your task manager. Do the following. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL click on task manager. Maximize the task manager page,click the process tab, connect your modem then take a screenshot or picture of the task manager page. Upload here, then i would inform you on the applications you need to disable.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onyekabe(m): 9:56pm On Aug 06, 2013
Somebody help the wireless button of my hp compaq presario cq50 no longer function since i unknowingly disable it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by reacode(m): 10:18pm On Aug 06, 2013
HELP PLEASE MY HP COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ71 IS NOT ON AGAIN WITH BATTER THEN IF I PLUGGED IT? IT WILL NOT SHOW SIGN OF PLUG BUT IF I REMOVE THE BATTERY? INDICATOR LIGHT SHOW FOR SECONDS AND LATER GOES OFF BACK. PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO TO REGAIN MY LAPTOP.HELP PLEASE MY HP COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ71 IS NOT ON AGAIN WITH BATTER THEN IF I PLUGGED IT? IT WILL NOT SHOW SIGN OF PLUG BUT IF I REMOVE THE BATTERY? INDICATOR LIGHT SHOW FOR SECONDS AND LATER GOES OFF BACK. PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO TO REGAIN MY LAPTOP.HELP PLEASE MY HP COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ71 IS NOT ON AGAIN WITH BATTER THEN IF I PLUGGED IT? IT WILL NOT SHOW SIGN OF PLUG BUT IF I REMOVE THE BATTERY? INDICATOR LIGHT SHOW FOR SECONDS AND LATER GOES OFF BACK. PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO TO REGAIN MY LAPTOP.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:49pm On Aug 06, 2013
onyekabe: Somebody help the wireless button of my hp compaq presario cq50 no longer function since i unknowingly disable it
click the windows key on your keyboard then type hp wireless assistant. Select the option that displays that word you type. Yhen it pops up click enable wireless or it might be turn on thats there. Just select it. Should work now
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wummex(f): 2:37am On Aug 07, 2013
onegig: when you log on. Click the windows key and type system restore. Go to system restore and restore the system to a previous date. Go through google to see how to perform system restore.

Thank you,just saw your response. I have been able to resolve this by holding the start button down for like 10secs. I appreciate your help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 7:40am On Aug 07, 2013
onyekabe: Somebody help the wireless button of my hp compaq presario cq50 no longer function since i unknowingly disable it
how did u disable it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:27am On Aug 07, 2013
onegig: click the windows key on your keyboard then type hp wireless assistant. Select the option that displays that word you type. Yhen it pops up click enable wireless or it might be turn on thats there. Just select it. Should work now

brightk: how did u disable it?

Please consider previous advice.
Somwhere alongside your computer is a switch that enables/disables wireless.
It should have the word Wireless next to it, on the top of your computer.
If the light is blue, wireless is enabled. It it is red, it is not. it

Pls flip d laptop upside down and look for the full model number, for example
compaq cq50-124. each model is different. vista or windows 7

Good question, brighttk how was it disabled ? cheesy

Onegig, nice 1 bro wink
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:31am On Aug 07, 2013
reacode: HELP PLEASE MY HP COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ71 IS NOT ON AGAIN WITH BATTER THEN IF I PLUGGED IT? IT WILL NOT SHOW SIGN OF PLUG BUT IF I REMOVE THE BATTERY? INDICATOR LIGHT SHOW FOR SECONDS AND LATER GOES OFF BACK. PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO TO REGAIN MY LAPTOP.HELP PLEASE MY HP COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ71 IS NOT ON AGAIN WITH BATTER THEN IF I PLUGGED IT? IT WILL NOT SHOW SIGN OF PLUG BUT IF I REMOVE THE BATTERY? INDICATOR LIGHT SHOW FOR SECONDS AND LATER GOES OFF BACK. PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO TO REGAIN MY LAPTOP.HELP PLEASE MY HP COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ71 IS NOT ON AGAIN WITH BATTER THEN IF I PLUGGED IT? IT WILL NOT SHOW SIGN OF PLUG BUT IF I REMOVE THE BATTERY? INDICATOR LIGHT SHOW FOR SECONDS AND LATER GOES OFF BACK. PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO TO REGAIN MY LAPTOP.

click start and a few cetimeters up u would c a plain box, titled start search
type in there battery and look for hp battery test. if not click start all progr,...
and look for hp battery test. please run the test with the battery and
charger. is the charger original, i.e. not chinko type, is it ?

if you can find the hp battery test, simply Google it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:34am On Aug 07, 2013
onegig: please take a screenshot of your task manager. Do the following. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL click on task manager. Maximize the task manager page,click the process tab, connect your modem then take a screenshot or picture of the task manager page. Upload here, then i would inform you on the applications you need to disable.

could be your antivirus is seto to auto download and install updates. do you use microsoft security essential or norton
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Princetunde: 11:21am On Aug 07, 2013
I wan to sel of my nw Acer 1G Mini laptop..I bout it 4rm a shop h4 Ikeja Bt my Broda sent me anoda 4G lappy 4rm Finland..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by electromag: 4:52pm On Aug 07, 2013
onegig: please take a screenshot of your task manager. Do the following. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL click on task manager. Maximize the task manager page,click the process tab, connect your modem then take a screenshot or picture of the task manager page. Upload here, then i would inform you on the applications you need to disable.
[img][/img]

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 5:51pm On Aug 07, 2013
brightk: i would advice anyone buying a second hard disk from anyone 2 do a diagnostic test on it b4 buying doh it might take hrs but its worth d stress.. jst becos u can use it as external or u can load windows on it doesnt make it 2 be gud....it might just be drawin closer 2 its grave n wen u buy it dies n u finally bury it.. abi u never hear say person die e nor sik notin do am.. lol it applies 2 electronics 2.. be kiaful

if i have offered to sell on nairaland then u can be rest assured it has been tested(they are factory fitted hard drives i remove when i upgrade my systems)-can u even guarantee that a new one wont crash or develop bad sectors after a week...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 6:03pm On Aug 07, 2013
sameolg616:
if i have offered to sell on nairaland then u can be rest assured it has been tested(they are factory fitted hard drives i remove when i upgrade my systems)-can u even guarantee that a new one wont crash or develop bad sectors after a week...
...at least na new one and e get warranty.. the lg hdd i just bought has a warranty of 2yrs on it... am not joking
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 6:33pm On Aug 07, 2013
brightk: ...at least na new one and e get warranty.. the lg hdd i just bought has a warranty of 2yrs on it... am not joking
of all hard drives...lg?the worst of the pack..well i aint a manufacturer and most retailers out there aint 1 as well...so i cant give u warranty.(no be me produce am)besides,its hard to tell if the “Warranty Ends” date has been reached
also,certain terms and conditions applied to limited warranty especially in this part of africa
HP’s limited warranty covers only those defects that arise as a result of normal use of the product and does not cover any other problems, including those that arise as a result of: (i) improper maintenance or modification; (ii) software, media, parts or supplies not provided or supported by HP; (iii) operation outside the product’s specifications; or (iv) unauthorized modification or misuse.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by falansa: 6:33pm On Aug 07, 2013
Hi engineers, pls help me out. i just bought a new HP 630 laptop 2 months ago, and since then I haven't insert any disk in the DVD-ROM. So i tried to copy a dvd video yesterday but immediately it shows in the "my computer" menu, it will just eject itself without playing or opening. I've tried around 30 different disks but the problem persist and this is a brand new laptop. Pls how can I solve this issue? Thanks in advance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onyekabe(m): 7:02pm On Aug 07, 2013
deji2009:
the full model no is presario cq50 110US vista. The wireless button is always red

Good question, brighttk how was it disabled ? cheesy

Onegig, nice 1 bro wink

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onyekabe(m): 7:11pm On Aug 07, 2013

the full model no is presario cq50 110US vista. The wireless button is always red
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:30pm On Aug 07, 2013
onyekabe:

it should be blue and not red for the wireless to work.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mofeuniben(m): 8:31pm On Aug 07, 2013
Check www.eminado.com for latest etisalat cheat working for pc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onyekabe(m): 6:03am On Aug 08, 2013
onegig: it should be blue and not red for the wireless to work.
bros what should i do to make it turn red
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Eemeekaa(m): 6:34am On Aug 08, 2013
Please i need help o.My system suddenly started hanging,i can't perform two tasks at once like using mozilla and windows player,the music will be breaking,which is unlike before.I can't even scroll down freely anymore,and my files now takes longer time to comeup.I don't have large files on my desktop page,i have scanned with avast and tuneup utilities,but it's still there.I have not used up to half of my hard drive and i have 2gb ram.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by honeric01(m): 8:04am On Aug 08, 2013
onegig: i guess it hanged while using it and you probably had external devices like usb devices connected when it happened. Simple explanation of what happened is that your system still has those device location logged into memory and still requesting for a memory address thats non existent.

I have tried this and it worked well, but as soon as i instal my norton anti virus, it goes back to crashing again. this anti virus is not alien to my laptop so i am not sure why this is happening now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.