Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,522 members, 7,826,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1273549 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 8:52am On Oct 03, 2013
Donsteffi:

Windows 7 ultimate, 64bit
ok i dont know which chip ships with ur pc but these are the drivers 4 d model u gave..

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53501-54000/sp53536.exe (Ralink 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter)

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53001-53500/sp53261.exe (Atheros 2011 Wireless LAN Driver)

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-49000/sp48591.exe (Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows 7)

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp52501-53000/sp52600.exe (Intel Wireless Drivers, Intel PROSet, and Intel My WiFi for Microsoft Windows 7)

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50501-51000/sp50676.exe (Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sammyjay76(m): 5:29pm On Oct 03, 2013
Thanks gurus really appreciate your help, i got it fix, though change one of d RAM.
Now how can i make d sound speak out, it lost sounding now.
Pls.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Juniorroged(m): 5:42am On Oct 04, 2013
Good Morning All.. I have a troubling issue here on my Laptop..Its a HP Pro book 4530s and had a HDD issue which had been rectified, I once installed a windows 7 Ultimate but it was having compatibility issues with the drivers so I decided to Install the Is that originally came with it which was Home Premium but I couldn't Delete the previous so I had to partition it from my disk mgt and installed d latter on the new partition while I formatted the former manually like formating an external storage disk.
The Problem now is that my system still sees the other partition as an OS and when u click it gives an error msg..
Pls I need to know how to get rid of it so that it would just see the present OS installed and wouldn't be giving room to choose which OS to load.
Will be very grateful if I get a positive solution.
Junior4all2000@yahoo.com is my mail just incase. Thanks All.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 6:32am On Oct 04, 2013
Juniorroged: .
the bootmanger/bootsec of windows ultimate u deleted is stead written in the system .. just use /download EasyBCD google it .. and once u install it go to edit boot menu and delete the windows 7 ultimate entry!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsteffi: 10:23am On Oct 04, 2013
brightk: ok i dont know which chip ships with ur pc but these are the drivers 4 d model u gave..

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53501-54000/sp53536.exe (Ralink 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter)

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53001-53500/sp53261.exe (Atheros 2011 Wireless LAN Driver)

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-49000/sp48591.exe (Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows 7)

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp52501-53000/sp52600.exe (Intel Wireless Drivers, Intel PROSet, and Intel My WiFi for Microsoft Windows 7)

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50501-51000/sp50676.exe (Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver)

Tanx I've tried installing d drivers u gave me, but it's still not working. I'm still getting limited access and when I troubleshoot I get problems with wireless driver.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:36pm On Oct 04, 2013
Donsteffi:

Tanx I've tried installing d drivers u gave me, but it's still not working. I'm still getting limited access and when I troubleshoot I get problems with wireless driver.

1. First and foremost, right-click on your 'Computer' at your desktop and click 'Manage'.

2. At 'Compute Management' click on 'Device Manager' and look to the right-hand side of the dialogue for 'Display Adapter', right-click on the file with yellow indicator and click 'Properties'.

3. On next dialogue click 'Details' tab. Under 'Property' select 'Hardware IDs' and right-click on the first list under 'Value' and click copy. Paste it into Google search to search for your particular driver or paste the pci details here so we could help find it..

4. Download the driver and install it.

If you have any question,please, post it here.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:41pm On Oct 04, 2013
Juniorroged: Good Morning All.. I have a troubling issue here on my Laptop..Its a HP Pro book 4530s and had a HDD issue which had been rectified, I once installed a windows 7 Ultimate but it was having compatibility issues with the drivers so I decided to Install the Is that originally came with it which was Home Premium but I couldn't Delete the previous so I had to partition it from my disk mgt and installed d latter on the new partition while I formatted the former manually like formating an external storage disk.
The Problem now is that my system still sees the other partition as an OS and when u click it gives an error msg..
Pls I need to know how to get rid of it so that it would just see the present OS installed and wouldn't be giving room to choose which OS to load.
Will be very grateful if I get a positive solution.
Junior4all2000@yahoo.com is my mail just incase. Thanks All.

Click Start, type: MSCONFIG.EXE

Hit Enter on your Keyboard

Go to the Boot tab

Select the entry and click Delete.

Apply and OK

Restart when prompted.

Donsanmi's Easy BCD would also work.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chidanzy(m): 12:53pm On Oct 05, 2013
Does anyone know how to make my playstation2 emulator (pcsx2) it says "some direct x libraries are needed to be updated"
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by r4shizzle: 4:56pm On Oct 05, 2013
VACANCY; BACKLINK CREATOR ADMIN WANTED;
Backlink Admin Creator Wanted !!!
Backlink creator for Website wanted contact
Prince Ahmed Rufai smslodge@gmail.com
or one call 07063127949, 07036576793
The site is www.smslodge.net

Content to be Published;
The Most Cheapest and Fastest Bulk SMS is here; get unit as low as N0.90kobo per unit (even as an end user). Goodpart is we have all active GSM Numbers of Nigerian GSM Users that could help you to reachout to your maximal and numerous targeted audience for (Political Campaign, Wedding, Events, Seminars, Business Advert, Training etc) Read

more at http://www.smslodge.net and register to enjoy our free units for testing. contact us direct 07063127949, 07036576793. http://www.smslodge.net

The Above Articles to be published as a comment at Vanguard website, The Nations Newspaper, Thisday Newpaper, Pakurumo.com, Lindaikeji..com, facebook.com and more

CONTACT ME SHARPLY I WILL EXPLAIN WAT I WANT
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Xymc1(m): 8:01pm On Oct 05, 2013
Good day everyone,please i need some help with my desktop,whenever i try to switch it on it just starts coming up and then shuts down without any warning or notice,please help,what can i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 10:17pm On Oct 05, 2013
chidanzy: Does anyone know how to make my playstation2 emulator (pcsx2) it says "some direct x libraries are needed to be updated"
udate ur directx to v11
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jbanj4(m): 9:48am On Oct 06, 2013
I restarted my hp Pavilion dm4 laptop, and the
keyboard an mouse froze! They just stopped
working. Here is a list of things I've tried

-Hard Reset: I pulled the battery and pressed
the power button for 30seconds or so to reset the laptop, put the battery back.

-Reset BIOS: I went into the BIOS, (the whole
arrow keys and function keys work fine here)
so I pressed F9 an reset everything and saved and exited.

-Unlock Keyboard: I tried certain keyboard
combos fn+f6, fn+f7, didn't still work.

Note: I use Winows 8(*wasn't pre-installed).
*the wireless button f12 works-it turns white
when I press it and turns orange when pressed
again.

Pls, help me, I really need to get
back to using my laptop. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 06, 2013
jbanj4: I restarted my hp Pavilion dm4 laptop, and the
keyboard an mouse froze! They just stopped
working. Here is a list of things I've tried

-Hard Reset: I pulled the battery and pressed
the power button for 30seconds or so to reset the laptop, put the battery back.

-Reset BIOS: I went into the BIOS, (the whole
arrow keys and function keys work fine here)
so I pressed F9 an reset everything and saved and exited.

-Unlock Keyboard: I tried certain keyboard
combos fn+f6, fn+f7, didn't still work.

Note: I use Winows 8(*wasn't pre-installed).
*the wireless button f12 works-it turns white
when I press it and turns orange when pressed
again.

Pls, help me, I really need to get
back to using my laptop. Thanks.
This link below might be useful to you.

http://www.all4naija..com/2013/03/how-to-solve-newly-replaced-keyboard.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by erniok(m): 6:46pm On Oct 06, 2013
Gurus in the house, I have a laptop challenge.

My dell laptop makes 8 beeping sound and won't come on.started this evening.

Kindly help out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:43pm On Oct 06, 2013
erniok: Gurus in the house, I have a laptop challenge.

My dell laptop makes 8 beeping sound and won't come on.started this evening.

Kindly help out.
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19524629.aspx

Check the link and follow the instructions on the second post. Please follow the first response. Its display error.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by erniok(m): 8:58pm On Oct 06, 2013
onegig: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19524629.aspx

Check the link and follow the instructions on the second post. Please follow the first response. Its display error.
Thanks bro.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by olasmith10(m): 10:34pm On Oct 06, 2013
hello house.. pls what could be wrong with my external hardrive.each time I connect it with my system, i get this msg: u need to format dis hardrive b4 u can use it..i formated it but I still get ds same msg..pls help..wat could be wrong!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chidanzy(m): 11:51pm On Oct 06, 2013
Donsammi: udate ur directx to v11
I use windows 8 …I taught it comes with the 11th v of the direct x I'm confused pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ogunsg(m): 10:53am On Oct 07, 2013
pls my desktop say no singal,what can be d problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aluksmama(f): 11:09am On Oct 07, 2013
onegig:

1. First and foremost, right-click on your 'Computer' at your desktop and click 'Manage'.

2. At 'Compute Management' click on 'Device Manager' and look to the right-hand side of the dialogue for 'Display Adapter', right-click on the file with yellow indicator and click 'Properties'.

3. On next dialogue click 'Details' tab. Under 'Property' select 'Hardware IDs' and right-click on the first list under 'Value' and click copy. Paste it into Google search to search for your particular driver or paste the pci details here so we could help find it..

4. Download the driver and install it.

If you have any question,please, post it here.

It's still me, I was using my brother's account but I've opened mine now. The problem is dt the adapters don't have any yellow indicator on dem. But when I troubleshoot, I get problems with network adapters then windows could not bind IP...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:16am On Oct 07, 2013
aluksmama:

It's still me, I was using my brother's account but I've opened mine now. The problem is dt the adapters don't have any yellow indicator on dem. But when I troubleshoot, I get problems with network adapters then windows could not bind IP...

Can you take a pic or snapshot of your device manager page with the network adapters expanded?

Also what network are you trying to connect to?

Wireless, ethernet(lan) or through a modem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:22am On Oct 07, 2013
ogunsg: pls my desktop say no singal,what can be d problem

Check that the VGA cable is well connected to the CPU.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bublin(m): 11:26am On Oct 07, 2013
Pls can sum1 tell me what to do,My laptop Τoshiba satellite L300 get extremely Hot @ the hinge back of the screen down,Hot that i get afraid if it nt gonna burn...pls can i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by iseoluwa89(m): 11:27am On Oct 07, 2013
Hello gurus pls I have hp 2000,recently I noticed that xcept I use earpiece I can't hear audio sounds..pls wat could be the problem or solution.tanx in advance!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:41am On Oct 07, 2013
bublin: Pls can sum1 tell me what to do,My laptop Τoshiba satellite L300 get extremely Hot @ the hinge back of the screen down,Hot that i get afraid if it nt gonna burn...pls can i do?

That's where the heat sink is mostly located. Are you sure your system fan is working. Take this to an engineer asap before you damage the motherboard with over heating.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:42am On Oct 07, 2013
iseoluwa89: Hello gurus pls I have hp 2000,recently I noticed that xcept I use earpiece I can't hear audio sounds..pls wat could be the problem or solution.tanx in advance!!

Check to see if your internal speaker is not disabled .

Go to control panel, then sounds. Check around to see that the internal speaker is not muted.

If it's not disabled then its bad and needs checking. A replacement might be needed.

Also what operating system do you use?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aluksmama(f): 11:45am On Oct 07, 2013
onegig:

Can you take a pic or snapshot of your device manager page with the network adapters expanded?

Also what network are you trying to connect to?

Wireless, ethernet(lan) or through a modem?

I've tried wireless, lan and even my modem. It's still not connecting. Here is the screenshot

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:46am On Oct 07, 2013
Connect using a modem then ping it.

go to command prompt and type

ping www.google.com

Give the results here
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bublin(m): 11:50am On Oct 07, 2013
onegig:

That's where the heat sink is mostly located. Are you sure your system fan is working. Take this to an engineer asap before you damage the motherboard with over heating.
. Thanks for coming to my aid,i did check the Fan,it blows even brings out Heat @the side...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aluksmama(f): 12:04pm On Oct 07, 2013
onegig: Connect using a modem then ping it.

go to command prompt and type

ping www.google.com

Give the results here

Ping request could not find host www.google.com. Please check the name and try again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:41pm On Oct 07, 2013
bublin: . Thanks for coming to my aid,i did check the Fan,it blows even brings out Heat @the side...
then it needs maintenance or its bad. Can you try and blow the dust out? Also give proper ventilation when using your system. Avoid putting them on surfaces that absorb heat like sofa's and others.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
aluksmama:

Ping request could not find host www.google.com. Please check the name and try again
please kindly go to network and connection center. Click on view status of the network. Is the recieved data more than the sent? Also check under properties. Then ipv4. Clear all ip address listed and set to automatic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.