Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,387 members, 7,822,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1272148 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:21pm On Oct 26, 2013
Jameel263:
I did all what you suggest. Itz windows 7 ultimate. But the fan is working and all other led lights appears.

This netbook came with windows 7 starter not
ultimate version. it also has 1gb ram hence y is
so slow in the meanwhile restart keep pressing f2 to get to
bios once there press f9 or anything that says load default and
f1o to save and exit.

secondly

Disconnect the power from your computer.
If possible remove the battery and external devices.
Hold the power button for about 15 seconds
Put the battery back in the computer
Reconnect the power
Press the power button to turn on your computer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NnamdiN: 10:43pm On Oct 26, 2013
KnightsTemplar:

My bother windows 7 on a Dell D600? The system was not designed to run Vista talk less win 7. My advice here, run a low level format on ur Hdd, if it does not complain of bad sectors, then I will advice u downgrade to XP, if it does, change the Hdd, and install XP. But if u still insist on 7 at least upgrade ur RAM, download win 7 audio driver for D600 if its available, that should take care of the audio problem. But I will still advice stick to XP.

On the optical drive issue, u may want to use another disk or try another drive.
thanks boss. Never knew windows 7 was too much for the dell. I would downgrade as you've adviced. Thanks again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wahlay(m): 10:44pm On Oct 26, 2013
The hp elitebook was London used and it started d problem a week after purchase.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NnamdiN: 10:45pm On Oct 26, 2013
deji2009:

does dell have the drives on their website ? yes or no
run windows 7 upgrade advisor on the dell it will
tell if you can upgrade it but doubts it. you may have done it before
but to me personally i wouldn't waste my time on
something that does not exist so good luck with it anyway
you will have a scary blue screen of death and the laptop
will shutdown every now and then.please adhere to kighttemplar advice
thanks boss of life. You saved me once, still grateful bro.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 11:39pm On Oct 26, 2013
KnightsTemplar:

Naturaly is shouldn't run. You can not run a 64-bit application on a 32-bit host system. The host system or the app will advice u to run a compatible program. On the other hand u can run a 32-bit program on a 64-bit host system.
i was refering to the OS windows 32 or 64 bit
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 11:39pm On Oct 26, 2013
KnightsTemplar:

Naturaly is shouldn't run. You can not run a 64-bit application on a 32-bit host system. The host system or the app will advice u to run a compatible program. On the other hand u can run a 32-bit program on a 64-bit host system.
i was referring to the OS windows 32 or 64 bit
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ithankgod1392: 2:23am On Oct 27, 2013
Please house i don't know what's wrong with my toshiba satellite laptop,i can copy or paste any file from or to the system.please kindly assist
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 4:24am On Oct 27, 2013
ithankgod1392: Please house i don't know what's wrong with my toshiba satellite laptop,i can copy or paste any file from or to the system.please kindly assist
what error does it give.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ithankgod1392: 6:25am On Oct 27, 2013
onegig: what error does it give.
thanks for response ,it doesn't give any error,when i copy any file either from memory card or from another it won't paste.i can't even move a file from one folder to another folder.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:09am On Oct 27, 2013
ithankgod1392: thanks for response ,it doesn't give any error,when i copy any file either from memory card or from another it won't paste.i can't even move a file from one folder to another folder.
Did you ever install tera copy or any copying software? If you do. Uninstal and reinstall it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 7:22am On Oct 27, 2013
ithankgod1392: Please house i don't know what's wrong with my toshiba satellite laptop,i can copy or paste any file from or to the system.please kindly assist
http://en.kioskea.net/faq/4612-windows-unable-to-make-copy-paste this can help yhu ..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wahlay(m): 7:16pm On Oct 27, 2013
The hp elitebook book is a London used system and d problem started a week after purchase.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ithankgod1392: 8:10pm On Oct 27, 2013
onegig: Did you ever install tera copy or any copying software? If you do. Uninstal and reinstall it.
Onegig and Donsammi,really appreaciate you guys,you guys are a great,i just removed the tera copy that's all and my second gurl frend is working working now.no place like Nigeria. grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by honeric01(m): 9:11pm On Oct 27, 2013
I need help with my laptop, i was watching a movie on the laptop yesterday, all of a sudden, the sound went off and up till now i have tried to get it back up to no avail. when i plug in an headset, it works well, but without it, it won't work.

Please what can be done? it's a Dell 5040 laptop.

Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Raypawer(m): 10:36pm On Oct 27, 2013
pls hlp, my system is not booting up again... When i power it up, it will show a blank screen, then it will show a windows blue screen as if ti wants to show the logon screen, but ti will not show any logon screen... I troubleshoot d systm nd realised that the hard drive is not detected by the system...
I even tried 2 du restore, windows repair, and even format the harddisk but all to no avail...

Pls help, i dont just want to trow away or change the harddisk like that because of my inportant files, software and lincences that i just got after backup....

Pls: how can i recover my files and software&lincences from this harddisk that is not detected by my system...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 27, 2013
honeric01: I need help with my laptop, i was watching a movie on the laptop yesterday, all of a sudden, the sound went off and up till now i have tried to get it back up to no avail. when i plug in an headset, it works well, but without it, it won't work.

Please what can be done? it's a Dell 5040 laptop.

Thanks
The speakers are possibly bad. You need to replace them. $20 can get you good working speakers.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 27, 2013
Raypawer:

pls hlp, my system is not booting up again... When i power it up, it will show a blank screen, then it will show a windows blue screen as if ti wants to show the logon screen, but ti will not show any logon screen... I troubleshoot d systm nd realised that the hard drive is not detected by the system...
I even tried 2 du restore, windows repair, and even format the harddisk but all to no avail...

Pls help, i dont just want to trow away or change the harddisk like that because of my inportant files, software and lincences that i just got after backup....

Pls: how can i recover my files and software&lincences from this harddisk that is not detected by my system...
If it fell or had been knocked by somebody you need to open the hard disk compartment and make sure it is seated properly.Put off your system and unscrew the nuts for the hard disk bay, remove the hard disk and put it back properly. After that restart your system.

Return back with your findings!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Raypawer(m): 12:26am On Oct 28, 2013
all4naija:
If it fell or had been knocked by somebody you need to open the hard disk compartment and make sure it is seated properly.Put off your system and unscrew the nuts for the hard disk bay, remove the hard disk and put it back properly. After that restart your system.

Return back with your findings!

ok, i'll try that later 2day, but it did'nt fall, it was when i realised that the mouse was no responding accordingly, i forced shut it down,(with the aim of restarting it) cos i wanted 2 use it, nw 2 come on again na wahala!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Raypawer(m): 5:49am On Oct 28, 2013
pixs

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by akorsson(m): 6:49am On Oct 28, 2013
Make cool cash from your dead inverter batteries and other heavy duty batteries. Contact padre tech on 07088148672 or bbm on 2B08889C. We shall come do the pick up anywhere u have them
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tchalz(m): 6:06pm On Oct 28, 2013
Good day guys.Please I use a CQ56,2GB RAM,n lately I've been unable to shutdown my system.Only hibernation works,and shortcut keys no longer work.I'll really appreciate it if someone here could help me out.Thanks in advance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by alltoolscontac: 11:26pm On Oct 28, 2013
Now you can buy the best spam tools from this site: fullzshop. net
Here you can find the best tools and professional personal!
Buy one product and if is not good i will replace in maximum 1 hours!!

We waitting there!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by honeric01(m): 3:13am On Oct 29, 2013
all4naija: The speakers are possibly bad. You need to replace them. $20 can get you good working speakers.
thanks, it has started working again!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by honeric01(m): 8:37am On Oct 29, 2013
When an HP laptop refuses to restart but can shut down, what exactly could be the cause?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:05am On Oct 29, 2013
honeric01: When an HP laptop refuses to restart but can shut down, what exactly could be the cause?

software/registry problems.
use google to find out how
you could get to safe mode and
use system restore to take it
back to when it was working okay

1st
when in safe mode try to restart, does it restart ?
if it does go to safe mode again and use system
restore to take it back to when it was working.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:07am On Oct 29, 2013
Tchalz: Good day guys.Please I use a CQ56,2GB RAM,n lately I've been unable to shutdown my system.Only hibernation works,and shortcut keys no longer work.I'll really appreciate it if someone here could help me out.Thanks in advance

you can use system restore
to take it back to when it
was working okay.please
read the instructions carefully
when you are doing system restore
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by honeric01(m): 10:53am On Oct 29, 2013
deji2009:

software/registry problems.

1st
when in safe mode try to restart, does it restart ?
restore to take it back to when it was working.
when u try to instal antivrius and u're asked to restart, it goest off n on n off without coming up again until the battery/power is removed after some minutes (30mins). Do you think all it needs is safemode?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:59am On Oct 29, 2013
honeric01: when u try to instal antivrius and u're asked to restart, it goest off n on n off without coming up again until the battery/power is removed after some minutes (30mins). Do you think all it needs is safemode?

still not clear.

does d laptop
restart itself ?

Does it come back on ?

Pls explain it properly in
without using n an d n it
confuse me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by honeric01(m): 11:05am On Oct 29, 2013
deji2009:

still not clear.

does d laptop
restart itself ?

Does it come back on ?

Pls explain it properly in
without using n an d n it
confuse me

it doesnt restart itself either does it go off itself. It refuses to come up again when it needs to be restarted for a program to complete an installation. E.g antivirus.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:23am On Oct 29, 2013
honeric01:
it doesnt restart itself either does it go off itself. It refuses to come up again if needs be to restart for a program to complete an instalation. E.g antivirus.

That's much better.
if the laptop fails to
on itself after restart then
that's a different problem.
if it comes on but not
booting to your desktop
then use the safe mode features
Yes use the safe mode
as described in previous
message.

I take it to be a dell or an Hp
windows vista or windows 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by honeric01(m): 11:57am On Oct 29, 2013
deji2009:

That's much better.
if the laptop fails to
on itself after restart then
that's a different problem.
if it comes on but not
booting to your desktop
then use the safe mode features
Yes use the safe mode
as described in previous
message.

I take it to be a dell or an Hp
windows vista or windows 7

Yes, HP windows 7. in clear terms, what should i do please?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:01pm On Oct 29, 2013
honeric01:

Yes, HP windows 7. in clear terms, what should i do please?

se google to find out how

1st
when in safe mode try to restart, does it restart
if u install a ?
restore to take it back to when it was working, i.e.
3 to 4 months ago. at the back of ur laptop
there would moldel number e.g dv6000 or hp g60-404SA
after follow..all these get bk to normal windows
no f8 just let it boot normally then try installing progra..
then restart to test

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.