Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1272085 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunnex190: 9:32pm On Oct 25, 2013
deji2009:

tunnex190]

@tunnex190 does the caps lock flash intermittently ?
let us know if it failed or passed

Yes the caps lock flashes intermittently.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:02pm On Oct 25, 2013
tunnex190:

Yes the caps lock flashes intermittently.

Restart and press f10 to get to bios

and run a memory test pls connect charger

if memory test passed considering taking to a
shop to a new memory to test it that way u'd know
what else to try. is the keyboard working okay
could be a bad motherboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:03pm On Oct 25, 2013
0monnakoda:

I say make u no vex

i am confused
have u tried prev
suggestions
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wahlay(m): 12:12am On Oct 26, 2013
Pls my hp elitebook 6930p is writing system locked as a result of asset audit management, contact Vicki valcour for assistance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Yenime(m): 3:31am On Oct 26, 2013
A very clean Toshiba laptop for sale...50k...interested parties shud contact me on......07017750971.....add on watsapp...08149012492...or bbm....7BE80643
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 8:45am On Oct 26, 2013
mickywonder: My system is not sounding.which means tha speaker is bad.how do i get a new speaker.or should i get an external speaker?.thankz

Are you so sure that the speaker is bad? It maybe a settings issue ooo. What is the model of the laptop, and what operating system are you using?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 8:51am On Oct 26, 2013
wahlay: Pls my hp elitebook 6930p is writing system locked as a result of asset audit management, contact Vicki valcour for assistance.

Did you buy it new and how long have you been using it? If the ans is no; who sold it to you? I suspect the PC was taken from a coy and d systems admin set it to behave like when it is lost or stolen so that others cannot use it.

As an Admin myself, I cannot help U. But I need ans to d above 1stly to be sure.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by henrylaptops(m): 9:04am On Oct 26, 2013
[quote author=skydancer]Just post any problems you are having with your pc here. The more software related, the better. smiley

If you're having virus, worms or any other malware problems. Try scanning your PC with RoboSAM first.

Edit:
Sometimes, I may reply to your post but the spam bot will hide it, if it happens that others here cannot solve your problem, you can contact me by mail at relaxtuners at gmail dot com.

Good Luck

please my younger sis typed in bios password to my system, which we have tried everything we can think of to unlock it but we can get d exert word she used on it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunnex190: 10:54am On Oct 26, 2013
deji2009:

Keyboard is working fine. If it is motherboard, is there something I can do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 26, 2013
Gurus in the house,pls help me out,my acer laptop has refused to boot, each time i press the power button,the powe on indicator,ba3 indicator,caps lock indicator etc will just come on simultaneously and it doesnt show anythn on the screen, once i remove my hand from the power button,they all go off, pls how can i solve this problem....tnx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sapienman(m): 1:43pm On Oct 26, 2013
Hello,
Here's the problem with my pc.
After turning it on, before booting, it shows a page with options 'Repair' and 'Start Windows normally.
After choosing either of them, it shows a window that says the pc has some errors and asks if I want to repair it. If I click 'Repair,' it shows a window that says 'Repairing windows.' It continues for hours without any difference. Please what shall I do?
It's a small hp netbook, with intel atom processor.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:42pm On Oct 26, 2013
sapienman: Hello,
Here's the problem with my pc.
After turning it on, before booting, it shows a page with options 'Repair' and 'Start Windows normally.
After choosing either of them, it shows a window that says the pc has some errors and asks if I want to repair it. If I click 'Repair,' it shows a window that says 'Repairing windows.' It continues for hours without any difference. Please what shall I do?
It's a small hp netbook, with intel atom processor.

restart keep pressing f8 go for
safe mode. the icons will b big dont panic
once in safe mode and u can c d desktop
use google to research how you can system restore
it to when it was working. in addition to that restart
d laptop and keep pressing f10 go to diagnostics and
run me a hard drive test.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sapienman(m): 5:00pm On Oct 26, 2013
deji2009:

restart keep pressing f8 go for
safe mode. the icons will b big dont panic
once in safe mode and u can c d desktop
use google to research how you can system restore
it to when it was working. in addition to that restart
d laptop and keep pressing f10 go to diagnostics and
run me a hard drive test.

Thanks a lot boss.
I restarted in safe mode and I also restarted and ran the hard drive test.
During the hard drive test, when the progress gets to 34% it hangs and doesn't proceed.
Also, my pc is not connected to the internet. Can I browse on how to do the system restore on my phone? I use a blackberry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:23pm On Oct 26, 2013
sapienman:

Thanks a lot boss.
I restarted in safe mode and I also restarted and ran the hard drive test.
During the hard drive test, when the progress gets to 34% it hangs and doesn't proceed.
Also, my pc is not connected to the internet. Can I browse on how to do the system restore on my phone? I use a blackberry

click start, all programmes, accessories, system tools and system restore
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 5:56pm On Oct 26, 2013
What happens when you play a programme written for a 64 bit of windows on a 32 bit?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 26, 2013
domcarez: Gurus in the house,pls help me out,my acer laptop has refused to boot, each time i press the power button,the powe on indicator,ba3 indicator,caps lock indicator etc will just come on simultaneously and it doesnt show anythn on the screen, once i remove my hand from the power button,they all go off, pls how can i solve this problem....tnx
someone pls ans me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NnamdiN: 7:39pm On Oct 26, 2013
Resurrected a dead dell D600 series from win XP to windows 7. Everything seems cool but there's this huge X besides the speaker icon and I get this error msg (No audio device installed) I have done everything I found on the internet but it seems this one is beyond me. Any help?

By the way it crashes every now and then. Right now it has refused to come on. I get the ''no boot device installed'' error msg. It doesn't even read the CD for repair, I don't wanna go for a lower windows as I have done a great deal of installations the last time it worked.
I'd appreciate every help I get. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 7:44pm On Oct 26, 2013
purplekayc: What happens when you play a programme written for a 64 bit of windows on a 32 bit?

Naturaly is shouldn't run. You can not run a 64-bit application on a 32-bit host system. The host system or the app will advice u to run a compatible program. On the other hand u can run a 32-bit program on a 64-bit host system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 7:59pm On Oct 26, 2013
domcarez: Gurus in the house,pls help me out,my acer laptop has refused to boot, each time i press the power button,the powe on indicator,ba3 indicator,caps lock indicator etc will just come on simultaneously and it doesnt show anythn on the screen, once i remove my hand from the power button,they all go off, pls how can i solve this problem....tnx

domcarez:
someone pls ans me

All lights on may indicate a faulty mother board, does it give out error codes through beeps. But remove the ba3 first plug to ur power outlet and start the laptop, if it continues, u may want 2 take it to a tech, after u must have probably exhausted other advice on this forum.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NnamdiN: 8:19pm On Oct 26, 2013
NnamdiN: Resurrected a dead dell D600 series from win XP to windows 7. Everything seems cool but there's this huge X besides the speaker icon and I get this error msg (No audio device installed) I have done everything I found on the internet but it seems this one is beyond me. Any help?

By the way it crashes every now and then. Right now it has refused to come on. I get the ''no boot device installed'' error msg. It doesn't even read the CD for repair, I don't wanna go for a lower windows as I have done a great deal of installations the last time it worked.
anybody home?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jameel263: 8:23pm On Oct 26, 2013
Hy, People in the house please help.
I hibernate my Toshiba mini NB505 Windows 7 ultimate in the night at about 9pm. I forget it like that and sleep overtook me. The following day morning, I turned it on, trying to resume but when it shows the brand name i.e “toshiba“ it hangs and failed to load the windows. I waited but to no avail. So, I press and hold the power button to shutdown it. I reboot it again but it also hang at the brand name without loading windows.
So please help me.
deji2009:

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 8:25pm On Oct 26, 2013
NnamdiN: Resurrected a dead dell D600 series from win XP to windows 7. Everything seems cool but there's this huge X besides the speaker icon and I get this error msg (No audio device installed) I have done everything I found on the internet but it seems this one is beyond me. Any help?

My bother windows 7 on a Dell D600? The system was not designed to run Vista talk less win 7. My advice here, run a low level format on ur Hdd, if it does not complain of bad sectors, then I will advice u downgrade to XP, if it does, change the Hdd, and install XP. But if u still insist on 7 at least upgrade ur RAM, download win 7 audio driver for D600 if its available, that should take care of the audio problem. But I will still advice stick to XP.

On the optical drive issue, u may want to use another disk or try another drive.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jameel263: 8:36pm On Oct 26, 2013
Hy, People in the house please help.
I hibernate my Toshiba mini NB505 Windows 7 ultimate in the night at about 9pm. I forget it like that and sleep overtook me. The following day morning, I turned it on, trying to resume but when it shows the brand name i.e “toshiba“ it hangs and failed to load the windows. I waited but to no avail. So, I press and hold the power button to shutdown it. I reboot it again but it also hang at the brand name without loading windows.
So please help me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:34pm On Oct 26, 2013
Jameel263: Hy, People in the house please help.
So please help me.

you misquote me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:37pm On Oct 26, 2013
NnamdiN: anybody home?

does dell have the drives on their website ? yes or no
run windows 7 upgrade advisor on the dell it will
tell if you can upgrade it but doubts it. you may have done it before
but to me personally i wouldn't waste my time on
something that does not exist so good luck with it anyway
you will have a scary blue screen of death and the laptop
will shutdown every now and then.please adhere to kighttemplar advice
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:39pm On Oct 26, 2013
Jameel263: Hy, People in the house please help.
So please help me.

restart f8 and select repair you computer then start up repair or
you can use google to research how you can use safe mode to
restore it to a time when it works
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jameel263: 9:42pm On Oct 26, 2013
deji2009:

you misquote me
I am sorry. But if you could be of any help, I will be gratefull and itz highly welcomed.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jameel263: 9:46pm On Oct 26, 2013
deji2009:

restart f8 and select repair you computer then start up repair or
you can use google to research how you can use safe mode to
restore it to a time when it works
The windows is not even trying to load and if I press f8 nothing happens it remains how it‘s.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:52pm On Oct 26, 2013
Jameel263:
The windows is not even trying to load and if I press f8 nothing happens it remains how it‘s.

jameel mk sure the laptop is completely off i got a feeling d laptop
is resuming from hibernation. tk d charger and d battery out
that way w r sure the laptop is off. pop d battery in and on again
immediately no delay yeah keep pressing
f8 really hard none stop for about 30 seconds then
advance boot option should appear and follow prev instructions
that i posted earlier
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jameel263: 10:05pm On Oct 26, 2013
deji2009:

jameel mk sure the laptop is completely off i got a feeling d laptop
is resuming from hibernation. tk d charger and d battery out
that way w r sure the laptop is off. pop d battery in and on again
immediately no delay yeah keep pressing
f8 really hard none stop for about 30 seconds then
advance boot option should appear and follow prev instructions
that i posted earlier
Yeah, it apears to be resuming and not rebooting, because even if I pressed the f8 itz not responding. In trying to shut it down i press and hold the power button til it went off, cause the windows is not even loading so i think it is the only option to shutdown the system. I restart it again and it hangs as previously describe.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:09pm On Oct 26, 2013
Jameel263:
Yeah, it apears to be resuming and not rebooting, because even if I pressed the f8 itz not responding. In trying to shut it down i press and hold the power button til it went off, cause the windows is not even loading so i think it is the only option to shutdown the system. I restart it again and it hangs as previously describe.

did you follow the prev instru to take d battery out ?
mk sure no devices are connected i.e. usb stick

is this ein 7 starter or windows 7 ultimate or professional
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jameel263: 10:16pm On Oct 26, 2013
deji2009:

did you follow the prev instru to take d battery out ?
mk sure no devices are connected i.e. usb stick

is this ein 7 starter or windows 7 ultimate or professional
I did all what you suggest. Itz windows 7 ultimate. But the fan is working and all other led lights appears.

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.