Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,959 members, 7,810,655 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263955 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 5:02pm On Oct 21, 2013
WackyJ1:
We waited for up to An hour for it to dry
i de doubt d authenticity of this ur engineer...I am not saying am perfect but common sense should have thought him d properties of fuel does not align well with components and pcbs. Although some engineers claimed it has worked for dem... i once remembered a story from a clients mouth.... he last words 2 d engineer was like " tank u engineer but carry am back 2 d way i bring am 4 u...lol " ...d tin de switch on and after washing it with fuel more problem come enter...d did has been done bro.. get a new motherboard.

I dont know d damages dat has been done..i wud have loved 2 help grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 5:05pm On Oct 21, 2013
deji2009:

This the second time I will read that someone used fuel to clean a motherboard.

I am laughing my head off grin

@deji wo dont mind dose guys o jare..lol.... btw do u know anyone who uses a bga machine 4 reworking motherboards.. not 4getting reballing gpus..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:25pm On Oct 21, 2013
brightk:

@deji wo dont mind dose guys o jare..lol.... btw do u know anyone who uses a bga machine 4 reworking motherboards.. not 4getting reballing gpus..

No I don't because I am not in Nigeria ! The tool is quite expensive though.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by successful1: 5:59pm On Oct 21, 2013
all4naija:

Check your system BIOS to see if your HDD is displayed there and return back with your findings.

Thank you.

Thanks for ur assist all along , I just got a new Hdd and trying to boot from cd and boot drive .. All is proving abortive .. Any idea ??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 6:33pm On Oct 21, 2013
deji2009:

No I don't because I am not in Nigeria ! The tool is quite expensive though.
i tink i saw some affordable ones for abt 200k
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 21, 2013
deji2009:

I take it to be a laptop or a PC ?
restart and immediately keep
pressing f2 for bios you'd see a
blue screen. Can you see different
colours on the bios screen. The colours
you were referring to, can you see it on
that blue screen. another way is to connect the
laptop to an external monitor. unsure how to connect
it to a monitor, google it. have installed any video drivers recently
and when did you start noticing the coloours

you could shut it down and restart and see if that solve the problem

I hav tryd dat it didn't work, any more help? sad

stardragon: ^^^ It's a destop. The problem started since last three month back. Am realy confused about the scream colours, but sha let me try wot u have just said. Thanks 4 ur information
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Leward(m): 11:57pm On Oct 21, 2013
I just got this new dell inspiron 3521, but anytime i wanna play a dvd(selection), it always says disk empty but it plays Vcd, what does this mean and what is the solution pls and how do i get antivirus on my systen, the one that came with it (notron) is always asking for activation key and i dnt knw what to do about it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by successful1: 12:00am On Oct 22, 2013
Fixed ma Pc myself, the experience was worth it .. Got it back up and running
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:23am On Oct 22, 2013
stardragon:
I hav tryd dat it didn't work, any more help? sad

Did you saw different colours in the bios and on a different monitor ?
At this moment we are not trying to fix it. We'd like to know what happened
and then we can advice what to do to fix it. pls follow prev.. instruc..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chidanzy(m): 9:53am On Oct 22, 2013
Does any knows how I'll fix my laptop mouse track pad it works abnormally each time I boot up the system then after about 10-15 mins it starts working well is it virus or what please what do I do ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 22, 2013
chidanzy: Does any knows how I'll fix my laptop mouse track pad it works abnormally each time I boot up the system then after about 10-15 mins it starts working well is it virus or what please what do I do ?

You mean to say touchpad. However,try to upgrade the BIOS to the latest version(make sure you download your specs BIOS firmware from your computer maker website and follow instruction accordingly). If after that you didn't succeed in finding solution, it is time to take your system to a technical personnel or send it to your customer care center .

At the meantime you can visit this Site for more help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by indoorlove(m): 2:19pm On Oct 22, 2013
Please guru, help me with this probs. My sistem is corrupt, i try to repair it using bootable CD but its prompting me to enter admin password which i can't remember.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:39pm On Oct 22, 2013
indoorlove: Please guru, help me with this probs. My sistem is corrupt, i try to repair it using bootable CD but its prompting me to enter admin password which i can't remember.

How is the system corrupt, i.e. virus or error messages ?

Is it Win 7 or 8. Have you enter the password you or anyone
use to log in to the computer ? there different types of
bootbale cd, e.g. system repair disk that you created or
an origian operating system disk or hiren boot disk to mention a few.

What make is the computer ? e.g. toshiba p300-20h my personal favourite
having served me for 4 years and still running. Lol cheesy

Have you try using f8 on startup without the disk ? try it !
you may be ask for password as well, but worth trying.
then select repair my computer then start up repair

If it is error message you are getting you could use f8
and select command prompt then type in chkdsk

Pls follow all instructions
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:48pm On Oct 22, 2013
all4naija:

You mean to say touchpad. However,try to upgrade the BIOS to the latest version(make sure you download your specs BIOS firmware from your computer maker website and follow instruction accordingly). If after that you didn't succeed in finding solution, it is time to take your system to a technical personnel or send it to your customer care center .

Given all4naija previous advice, please state
the make and model. for example Dell 1535 Windows Vista.

Diagnose 1

Try with or without the charger and let us know what happened.

Diagnose 2

Restart laptop and immediately keep pressing f8
select safe mode. you'd notice the screen will turn
big, its normal. once in safe mode and you can see your
icons, observe the touchpad. any difference in safe mode ?

pls check no dirts on the touchpad and is your charger china ?

if all fails go to control panel then mouse and pointing options
check the settings play around with it increase and decrease and
notice what happened on restart keep trying it then restart. if no joy
go to control panel add remove programme look for synaptic s on the list, is it
there ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by alotofgrace(m): 2:52pm On Oct 22, 2013
please which site can i download ms office 2012 shapshap? grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:57pm On Oct 22, 2013
alotofgrace: please which site can i download ms office 2012 shapshap? grin

try searching for it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by alotofgrace(m): 3:28pm On Oct 22, 2013
deji2009:

try searching for it

my coming here simply means am tired of searching undecided
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 5:01pm On Oct 22, 2013
alotofgrace: please which site can i download ms office 2012 shapshap? grin
brother wettin do torrent sites?? even 2013 is there
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DAVE5(m): 6:46pm On Oct 22, 2013
onegig: go to my computer and right click. Choose properties and at the top right hand corner select device manager. Open it and see it your network adapters are installed. I.e there's no yellow marks on any device.
thanx for ur response, I checked wat u asked me to n there's no yellow marks on d network adapter,, so I don't know if u mite have a possible solution 4 moi pls,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jonescyras(m): 1:33pm On Oct 23, 2013
I want to replace my hp 630 screen!!! Pls how much will it cost me?.........and besides, can I also replace the case cover?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 5:33pm On Oct 23, 2013
D.A.V.E:

thanx for ur response, I checked wat u asked me to n there's no yellow marks on d network adapter,, so I don't know if u mite have a possible solution 4 moi pls,

The why won't it connect. care to repost what the problem is please?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 5:35pm On Oct 23, 2013
jonescyras: I want to replace my hp 630 screen!!! Pls how much will it cost me?.........and besides, can I also replace the case cover?

Yes.

Would cost you 13k for the screen and 5k for the casing . However. You can only replace the back cover and not the hood.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TolaniLuv: 1:53am On Oct 24, 2013
Please anyone! How much will a Cisco router cost? Used or new?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Opiosko: 2:39am On Oct 24, 2013
Someone pls help oh!, my system just packed up. Dunno wht really happened, i jst swtiched it on and it says unable to restart. It tried the auto repair options and it didn't work. Pls any tip of wht the problem is and hw i can fix it. Thanks nd God bless
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ify84(m): 4:20am On Oct 24, 2013
I have two challenges... How can I drive sound, my friend format my system and forgot to restore d sound... 2. how can I configure d laptop to browse with my hotspot, I use it before d formatting but now the icon I use to REFRESH for network is not available anymore... after formatting, he installed windows xp... I think it was windows 2000 dat was dre b4... my system is DELL... ANY help shall b appreciated
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by semid4lyfe(m): 5:29am On Oct 24, 2013
@ onegig and All4naija

Thanks.

I've been able to recover my files in my bad Ext HD and all of 'em were undamaged. It was oyb's post in page 114 of the Ubuntu Linux thread that pointed me in the right direction. All it took was a professional recovery Software. . .Runtime GetDataBack.

This software BAAAD. As in, I hadn't deep scanned more than 10% when it detected all my files (813GB worth of stuff) in the 1TB Ext HD. It was going to take 11hrs to finish scanning but I stopped it @ 10% to test if it would recover the files successfully and it did. Also, All the files were undamaged and usable. I even installed the Windows 8.1 Pro WMC OS ISO and many other softwares I recovered from the HD and they all worked perfectly. ALL THIS AT JUST 10% shocked

Thanks once again.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1375098_GetDataBack_jpgfea8c0e6843c7cbbc9735762f1eaac30

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1375099_Copying_Files_To_Desktop_jpg00f24c8924332224fb6da587a8933445
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 6:54am On Oct 24, 2013
semid4lyfe: @ onegig and All4naija

Thanks.

I've been able to recover my files in my bad Ext HD and all of 'em were undamaged. It was oyb's post in page 114 of the [url=h ttp://www.nairaland.com/11508/ubuntu-linux/114]Ubuntu Linux thread[/url] that pointed me in the right direction. All it took was a professional recovery Software. . .Runtime GetDataBack.

This software BAAAD. As in, I hadn't deep scanned more than 10% when it detected all my files (813GB worth of stuff) in the 1TB Ext HD. It was going to take 11hrs to finish scanning but I stopped it @ 10% to test if it would recover the files successfully and it did. Also, All the files were undamaged and usable. I even installed the Windows 8.1 Pro WMC OS ISO and many other softwares I recovered from the HD and they all worked perfectly. ALL THIS AT JUST 10% shocked

Thanks once again.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1375098_GetDataBack_jpgfea8c0e6843c7cbbc9735762f1eaac30

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1375099_Copying_Files_To_Desktop_jpg00f24c8924332224fb6da587a8933445
Good . Thank God wo got your files back. Your partition tables got corrupted and all you needed was a software to correct this. I will take note of the software. Thanks for giving the feedback.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by komols856: 10:40am On Oct 24, 2013
my system is having a problem of typing ''c'' like dis :cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc on its own, each time am typing something or about to type something. what is the causes of it and possible solution? please my fellow nairalanders,i need your assistance,suggestion.
thanks for your antipated response. i have even formated the system thinking it was due to virus attack, but all to no avail, as the problem persist
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leunamme93(m): 1:02pm On Oct 24, 2013
komols856: my system is having a problem of typing ''c'' like dis :cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc on its own, each time am typing something or about to type something. what is the causes of it and possible solution? please my fellow nairalanders,i need your assistance,suggestion.
thanks for your antipated response. i have even formated the system thinking it was due to virus attack, but all to no avail, as the problem persist
I thinnk its more like a hardware issue. If its a desktop try get another keyboard to test it but if its a laptop I guess you might need to replace it. @onegig am I right??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chidanzy(m): 2:12pm On Oct 24, 2013
all4naija:

This BIOS this is the same thing my pcsx2 is requesting after updating direct x libraries in the configuration panel if I download it will it automatically work for the emulator ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 4:16pm On Oct 24, 2013
chidanzy: This BIOS this is the same thing my pcsx2 is requesting after updating direct x libraries in the configuration panel if I download it will it automatically work for the emulator ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 4:18pm On Oct 24, 2013
chidanzy: This BIOS this is the same thing my pcsx2 is requesting after updating direct x libraries in the configuration panel if I download it will it automatically work for the emulator ?
Guy the BIOS that emulator is requesting for is a ps2 console bios not a computer Bios ... the ps2 works and boots on preconfigured Bios of any model... Guy google abt Ps2 Bios for pcsx2 ...

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.