Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,712 members, 7,851,421 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:59 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1284631 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:07pm On Dec 21, 2013
ikhuoria2: help ooo....I decided to format my desktop.... and I used service pack 2....after formating.... d next was copying the files...BT while copying at 10%....there was power outage.....I don't have a ups.....BT now when I try reformating it with a new service pack 2....it shows a blue error screen at 8% of copying,....... what should I do ani1 pls......ah tried everything I know

Please answer the followings.

Why are you formatting ?

Is the xp service pk 2 an original cd
or copied ?

What was the blue screen error ?

what make and model is the pc ?

Did you selected quick format ?

"BT now when I try reformating it with a new service pack "
How do you mean, for example
another service pk 2 cd ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:12pm On Dec 21, 2013
drajjay: question : can a pc processor be upgraded? Mine is 1.5Ghz nd would have loved to upgrade.btw why does my pc fail to start charging as soon as its plugged .instead it displays ' plugged in , not charging'

it's better and cheaper to buy a higher spec than upgrading. .
why have you decided to upgrade your cpu ?

what make and model is the laptop ?

Please refer to http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2404104,00.asp
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oabusewa: 5:13pm On Dec 21, 2013
Bro pls what it is my offence, you refused to respond to my complaint.Pls for GOD sake be of help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ikhuoria2(m): 5:29pm On Dec 21, 2013
deji2009:

Please answer the followings.

Why are you formatting ?
cos it crashed....u knw.... no ups and was installing a software b4 d power outage

Is the xp service pk 2 an original cd
or copied ?
I don't knw... I bought it for 150 naira

What was the blue screen error ? sum tin 0×0000000009....and many other 0×000000000....no lyt now if there's lyt I'll check

what make and model is the pc ?
omni tech
model:OTS-H3100D00
CPU:CPU-P42660/533TN
PO:402194

Did you selected quick format ?[/b]NO

[b]"BT now when I try reformating it with a new service pack "

How do you mean, for example
another service pk 2 cd ?YES ANOTHER SERVICE PACK 2 DISC DIFFERENT FROM THE 1 I USED B4 COS I TAUGHT IT WAS CORRUPT..........

AND ALSO I SAW SUMTIN LYK MEMORY STUFF

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:35pm On Dec 21, 2013
[quote author=ikhuoria2][/quote]

you know what, just save your precious time.
you need a stable light to format. if i were you
i'd take it in for repair. it would waste your time.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ikhuoria2(m): 5:56pm On Dec 21, 2013
deji2009:

you know what, just save your precious time.
you need a stable light to format. if i were you
i'd take it in for repair. it would waste your time.
thanks bros
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mcsammy2003: 6:08pm On Dec 21, 2013
[/color][color=#990000]Pls I need help, my system always hangs & stop working each time I tried to watch film wit it or I try to browse wit it using a modem. At first I thought it's overheating, bt after changing d fan d fault still persists. Pls I need help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by drajjay: 6:53pm On Dec 21, 2013
deji2009:

it's better and cheaper to buy a higher spec than upgrading. .
why have you decided to upgrade your cpu ?

what make and model is the laptop ?

Please refer to http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2404104,00.asp

it HP pavilion dv2000
want to install pc games but most has 2GHZ as the minimum requirement.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 7:28pm On Dec 21, 2013
Incredible.me:
it dosnt, an i'm sure it has bluetooth because my uncle managed to conect his priter to it before sending it to me.

Firstly check if the driver is installed for the Bluetooth device.

Right-click on MY COMPUTER, and click manage.

In the computer management dialogue box, click on DEVICE MANAGER.

Locate the Bluetooth device and click on the drop-down. If it is installed you will see the name and type of your bluetooth device. If not you will see a yellow error icon.

Now if it's now installed don't worry, just rigth-click on the error icon and click on properties.

A new dialogue box appears, the click on the DRIVER tab. Find and click on UPDATE DRIVER.

NOTE: ensure your PC is on the internet while doing this.

Better still go to your PC manufacturer's website and download the driver.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 7:37pm On Dec 21, 2013
oabusewa: Bro pls what it is my offence, you refused to respond to my complaint.Pls for GOD sake be of help.

Bros I am so sorry for not responding ASAP, am actually battling a flu.

Ok from my last response:

Turn off your PC, turn it back on and as it's about to start press F8 and choose the SAFE MODE without networking option.

Also I asked you to confirm that your DVD disc is not in the drive. Please confirm these.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 7:39pm On Dec 21, 2013
mcsammy2003: Pls I need help, my system always hangs & stop working each time I tried to watch film wit it or I try to browse wit it using modem. At first I thought it's over heating bt after changing d fan d fault persists. Pls I need help

Sir, what antivirus are you running on the PC?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ddjay: 8:02pm On Dec 21, 2013
please help,my laptop screen is blurred (casting
black shadows from any icon),anything white
e.g docx shows black.its a hp dv1000,windows
7,1gig ram.thnx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 9:14pm On Dec 21, 2013
dd_jay: please help,my laptop screen is blurred (casting
black shadows from any icon),anything white
e.g docx shows black.its a hp dv1000,windows
7,1gig ram.thnx

You most have changed some settings unknowingly.

Right-click COMPUTER and click on PROPERTIES

On the system properties dialogue box, click on the ADVANCED tab and click on SETTINGS

A new dialogue box "performance options" appears, where you click on VISUAL EFFECTS tab and UNCHECK the option "USE DROP SHADOW FOR ICON LABELS ON THE DESKTOP".

Click apply then ok.

Shikena....that should work!!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 21, 2013
Pls how do i convert my old 3.5" desk top hard disk to and external HDD in other to use it one my laptop.Tnx.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 11:03pm On Dec 21, 2013
habib55: Pls how do i convert my old 3.5" desk top hard disk to and external HDD in other to use it one my laptop.Tnx.

Get a converter (IDE/SATA-USB)
2k - 3k should get you a good one.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by donblanco: 1:27am On Dec 22, 2013
Hi guys.my laptop screen shows a line at the top and it looks blured sometimes as if it is shaking pls wat can i do and if i'm to replace the flex or screen how much could it cost me the laptop is a toshiba satellite A300.thanks and ecpecting ur reply.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ddjay: 7:47am On Dec 22, 2013
wolebaba:

You most have changed some settings unknowingly.

Right-click COMPUTER and click on PROPERTIES

On the system properties dialogue box, click on the ADVANCED tab and click on SETTINGS

A new dialogue box "performance options" appears, where you click on VISUAL EFFECTS tab and UNCHECK the option "USE DROP SHADOW FOR ICON LABELS ON THE DESKTOP".

Click apply then ok.

Shikena....that should work!!!!
thank you very much for your response,i tried it but its still dsame
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ddjay: 8:52am On Dec 22, 2013
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 8:55am On Dec 22, 2013
dd_jay:
thank you very much for your response,i tried it but i was still dsame

Can you please post a screenshot of the issue? That should give a better insight.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rottenegg1: 1:15pm On Dec 22, 2013
Pls what's the best way to clean my black-colored laptop and make the blackness look sparkling new?..

Specifically with home-substances...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ddjay: 7:14pm On Dec 22, 2013
wolebaba:

Can you please post a screenshot of the issue? That should give a better insight.
tnx very much,heres a pic,d car (Background) is suppose to be pure red but u can see blurred effects

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by paulcr7: 7:45pm On Dec 22, 2013
My system is always very slow when i browse with a wired internet connection in the cafe.Pls what can I do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 8:03pm On Dec 22, 2013
dd_jay:
tnx very much,heres a pic,d car (Background) is suppose to be pure red but u can see blurred effects

Bros unfortunately I can barely see the pix. Could you please change the desktop background and send it to me woleaheeb@gmail.com

Regards,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 8:07pm On Dec 22, 2013
paulcr7: My system is always very slow when i browse with a wired internet connection in the cafe.Pls what can I do

Sir,

Slow as in slow browsing or the computer performance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nicholas4(m): 9:10pm On Dec 22, 2013
please i really need your help on this. i shut my system down wrongly because it hanged while i was doing some stuffs. When i later turned it on, it displayed system not shut down properly and gave different safe mode options. pls what should i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Raymondfayowole(m): 9:22pm On Dec 22, 2013
Hi, i bought a new external dvd rom, worked for like a week nd stop workin afta checkin d device manager there is a yellow stamp on both d external nd d internal dvd which i knw it is nt gud again(d internal dvd) but afta uninstallin d driver nd scan for plug nd play d yellow stuff still shows dnt knw mayb i shuld format d laptop nd i also wnt 2 knw if i cn format a laptop usin a flashdrive. Tnks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 22, 2013
advice needed. 1.pls am goin 2 buy a new battery 4 my hp530 laptop,pls wot shuld i luk out for,conciderin d last 1 i bought lasted barely a week..2.how do i instal window8 on my laptop witout losing my data on HDD.tnx.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leunamme93(m): 10:26pm On Dec 22, 2013
I salute all the bosses here that take their time to get our computer systems back to top form.
Merry Christmas in advance......
Please where can I get an hard drive connector and a caddy for my laptop, it's hp dv6t. How much will both cost?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Wynnah(m): 5:21am On Dec 23, 2013
Gurus in the house, pls i need ur help. i use DELL inspiron N4010, my room mates were watching a movie wit it while the WIFI was connected,dey didnt plug it to power and it gave d 'battery low' warning, while they were shutting down, it started updating windows and due to d low battery,it went off. On putin it on,i got to knw all these cos i was asleep..plugged it to power and Put it on and got this error msg...'FAILURE TO CONFIGURE WINDOWS UPDATE,REVERTING CHANGES,DO NOT TURN OFF UR COMPUTER' and this persisted fr abt 45mins,no changes..i turnd off wit d power button,nd turnd on using safe mode nd it workd..bt it jst doesnt start windows normally..nd it stil shows d error msg. pls wat do i do? nd sorry fr d long complaint.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by donblanco: 6:29am On Dec 23, 2013
donblanco: Hi guys.my laptop screen shows some lines at the top and it looks blured sometimes as if it is shaking pls wat can i do and if i'm to replace the flex or screen how much could it cost me the laptop is a toshiba satellite A300.thanks and ecpecting ur reply.

pls anybody with anwser to my question i will really appreciate it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rottenegg1: 6:29am On Dec 23, 2013
Røtten_egg: Pls what's the best way to clean my black-colored laptop and make the blackness look sparkling new?..

Specifically with home-substances...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tosins(m): 6:42am On Dec 23, 2013
leunamme93: I salute all the bosses here that take their time to get our computer systems back to top form.
Merry Christmas in advance......
Please where can I get an hard drive connector and a caddy for my laptop, it's hp dv6. How much will both cost?
seems we ere using d same laptop mine is also hpdv6, is it possoible to repair vga

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (1224) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.