Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,003 members, 7,863,610 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:27 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1290667 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (1225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:02pm On Jan 05, 2014
teemama20: I formatted hp 650 frm win8 to win7 bt dey dint do t well bcus d vlc s nt wrkn. So I went to do t again, d vlc is nw workn. For d past three weeks is workn fyn. Suddenly yesterdei d system is sayn this copy of your windows is nt genuine nd d desktop backgroud chng to black. Wats happenin pls. Urgent reply
Your windows is not genuine. You need to activate it,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 8:05pm On Jan 05, 2014
teemama20: I formatted hp 650 frm win8 to win7 bt dey dint do t well bcus d vlc s nt wrkn. So I went to do t again, d vlc is nw workn. For d past three weeks is workn fyn. Suddenly yesterdei d system is sayn this copy of your windows is nt genuine nd d desktop backgroud chng to black. Wats happenin pls. Urgent reply
Download the attached file below my signature (rearm.bat), double-click after downloading, then mail me to activate it for u. It is prohibited here. No strings attached o!

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:30am On Jan 06, 2014
@Food_Consumer, no, not at all cheesy It's inexpensive. Go get it at the Local Store around you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nolio(m): 5:35am On Jan 06, 2014
My dell inspiron mini 1018 screen cracked. Dey dont ve it here in enugu,so am planning coming down to lagos. Pls how much would it cost me to replace it. Thank u
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Input(m): 6:26am On Jan 06, 2014
Hello house, my hp laptop was originally windows 8 but I formated it to windows 7,now its showing copy of windows is not genuine that I should activate my product key. I used a software (jellybeanfinder ) to get the product key from the registry and put it, it shows "the product key you entered appears to be a default product key and cannot be used for activation. Type a different windows 7 ultimate product key "
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 7:21am On Jan 06, 2014
onegig: Definitely. You would do well to check that Gwarinmpa area. those phone shop do have.
Wat of Kubwa axis? ? ijux nid it to flash my bros N73 to updated vrsn since i dnt Have FBUS cable
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 07, 2014
How do i set up my laptop with wireless internet connection?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bedfordng(m): 10:13am On Jan 07, 2014
Jemimahsummers: How do i set up my laptop with wireless internet connection?
automatically, your laptop should be able to detect any wireless network arround you before you can connect to it.most laptop has where you can put on the wireless feature to detect network so check yours.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 12:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
Jemimahsummers: How do i set up my laptop with wireless internet connection?
Whenever a wireless connection is available, you should be able to view it under the 'available connections'. Howeverm connecting to some wireless connections might need available credentials before you can either connect or use the network infrastructure.

On the other hand, if your wireless drivers are not installed yet, you will have to install it first - if windows didnt do that for you.
Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by taiocol: 4:15pm On Jan 07, 2014
hav been trying to install sme software for sme time nw all i get is that my video card does not support the game
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cmonek(m): 4:49pm On Jan 07, 2014
big-t:

Whenever a wireless connection is available, you should be able to view it under the 'available connections'. Howeverm connecting to some wireless connections might need available credentials before you can either connect or use the network infrastructure.

On the other hand, if your wireless drivers are not installed yet, you will have to install it first - if windows didnt do that for you.
Thanks.
formatted my hp laptop, i do see the wireless connection but cant browse with it even when the authorized passwords are keyed in. How do i go about the installation of the wireless drives.??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 5:24pm On Jan 07, 2014
taiocol: hav been trying to install sme software for sme time nw all i get is that my video card does not support the game

...then it does not support the Game, if ur system is a Desktop pc, u might want to buy a graphic card that support the game
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 5:57pm On Jan 07, 2014
Guys why does my pc keep shutting down and saying dat it has to reboot it self ? am really sik of it ! Am running windows 8 with media centre 64 bit
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by taiocol: 6:15pm On Jan 07, 2014
KnightsTemplar:

...then it does not support the Game, if ur system is a Desktop pc, u might want to buy a graphic card that support the game
laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 7:10pm On Jan 07, 2014
cmonek: formatted my hp laptop, i do see the wireless connection but cant browse with it even when the authorized passwords are keyed in. How do i go about the installation of the wireless drives.??
What browser are you using?
have you tried another browser?
Are you sure that there is internet conectivity on the connection in question? Have you tried other connections? Are other devices browsing with the connection?
Pleas do, give me the response so as to identify the culprit. Thanks!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 7:11pm On Jan 07, 2014
purplekayc: Guys why does my pc keep shutting down and saying dat it has to reboot it self ? am really sik of it ! Am running windows 8 with media centre 64 bit
Are you sure your system is not overheating?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Daniel2802(m): 8:21pm On Jan 07, 2014
Please i need help on the best data plan i can get for 1000naira on my etisalat modem for my pc.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ljdbarge: 10:09pm On Jan 07, 2014
I recently installed fifa 13 on my hp 655 laptop but it won't open when it comes to choosing the flag of the football club,it says ISDONE.DLL error arcextract is not found,I have tried everything but nothing has happened,I have gone on internet with so much advices but nothing has helped,pls I need help and good information.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GreatAustin: 10:35pm On Jan 07, 2014
Pls help me ooo.
The window 7 ultimate dat was on my P.C got expired so i format the system with window 8 coz window xp could not work on it... And since then, anytime i am working on the system the heat wil be too much. What should i do to reduce or stop the "hotness" should i go back to window 7 ultimate?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gbengem(m): 12:15am On Jan 08, 2014
Pls help my hp compaq doesnt boot when i try turning it on d LED light on the CAPSLOCK blinks 5 times and nothing comes up on the screen
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:33am On Jan 08, 2014
Gbengem: Pls help my hp compaq doesnt boot when i try turning it on d LED light on the CAPSLOCK blinks 5 times and nothing comes up on the screen
Caps Lock blinking 5 times
could indicate a hardware
failure..possibly motherboard.
Here is the link that will tell you
about the blink codes..You can
try the first step from the link
below (hard reset) and check if
it helps..
If it continues then may
require some hardware
replacement..
www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01732674&product=1132551#N213">http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01732674&product=1132551#N213
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cmonek(m): 8:31am On Jan 08, 2014
big-t:

What browser are you using?
have you tried another browser?
Are you sure that there is internet conectivity on the connection in question? Have you tried other connections? Are other devices browsing with the connection?
Pleas do, give me the response so as to identify the culprit. Thanks!
thanks for responding. I use operamini and mozilla. Other devices browse with the connection. After detecting the wireless network, the attendant there keyed in the cyber's password and it simply shows failed to connect to network. But it browses whenever the cable is attached to its port, though i prefer making use of the wireless connection. So how do I go about it bro?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:39am On Jan 08, 2014
cmonek: thanks for responding. I use operamini and mozilla. Other devices browse with the connection. After detecting the wireless network, the attendant there keyed in the cyber's password and it simply shows failed to connect to network. But it browses whenever the cable is attached to its port, though i prefer making use of the wireless connection. So how do I go about it bro?

Right-click the network icon on the taskbar,
and select Open Networking and Sharing Center
Once open, click 'Manage Wireless Networks' n the left hand panel
Left-click a wireless networks, then click Remove from the panel above.

Then go back to the taskbar and view available wireless networks
and key in your WPA key
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:41am On Jan 08, 2014
GreatAustin: Pls help me ooo.
The window 7 ultimate dat was on my P.C got expired so i format the system with window 8 coz window xp could not work on it... And since then, anytime i am working on the system the heat wil be too much. What should i do to reduce or stop the "hotness" should i go back to window 7 ultimate?

It's a hardware problem, i.e. fan clog with debris.
On this forum , look for onegig he or she may be able to
help if you live in the same vicinity or further afield.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:52am On Jan 08, 2014
lj_dbarge: I recently installed fifa 13 on my hp 655 laptop but it won't open when it comes to choosing the flag of the football club,it says ISDONE.DLL error arcextract is not found,I have tried everything but nothing has happened,I have gone on internet with so much advices but nothing has helped,pls I need help and good information.

Click start and look for run through accessories and
type in dxdiag and look for display drivers and direct x
and that at the back of the football casing or that was specified
where you downloaded it from ?. The direct x should be 9 .

FIFA 13 Recommended System Requirements: http://systemreq.info/2012/09/fifa-13/
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4g / AMD Athlon II X4 600e 2.2g CPU
RAM: 2GB for Windows Vista & Windows 7
DVD-ROM at 8x Speed
HDD: 8.0 GB with additional space required for saved games and DirectX 9.0c installation
Video: Nvidia 8800 GT / ATI Radeon HD 4650
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
DirectX: 9.0c
Online Multiplayer: 2-22 players, 512 kbits/sec or faster
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by twinklegal: 11:08am On Jan 08, 2014
Pls help, my hp pavilon laptop cannot turn ON witout being plug to power. Even when its pluged it will be showing plug in-not charging. Could it be that my battery is bad? Pls how do I remedy it. Thank u.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gbengem(m): 12:24pm On Jan 08, 2014
twinklegal: Pls help, my hp pavilon laptop cannot turn ON witout being plug to power. Even when its pluged it will be showing plug in-not charging. Could it be that my battery is bad? Pls how do I remedy it. Thank u.
Yea the battery needs a replacement
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 12:31pm On Jan 08, 2014
big-t:

Are you sure your system is not overheating?
dont think so its a branded system , it all started when i installed the latest call of duty game and upgraded my ram to 8gb
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 08, 2014
bedfordng: automatically, your laptop should be able to detect any wireless network arround you before you can connect to it.most laptop has where you can put on the wireless feature to detect network so check yours.
tnx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 08, 2014
big-t:

Thanks.
helped. Tnx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by twinklegal: 5:08pm On Jan 08, 2014
Gbengem: Yea the battery needs a replacement

Ok. Pls do u've an idea of how much it will cost?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 11:03pm On Jan 08, 2014
purplekayc: dont think so its a branded system , it all started when i installed the latest call of duty game and upgraded my ram to 8gb
downgrade your ram then, i mean back to the manufacturer's. Are you sure your new ram sticks match the specifications? Are they the same? Check firrst.

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (1225) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.