Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,455 members, 7,850,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:59 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1284295 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 5:55pm On Dec 28, 2013
ichommy:

Pls help

What is the configuration of your system, does it hang when you do other things apart from surfing the net. Did you install any software before it started.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 28, 2013
Pls help,i tried playn a game 4 d 1st which i newly installed bt it keeps showin me "XINPUT1_3.dll"missing.pls help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chrisgreen: 11:30pm On Dec 28, 2013
please all is there a way i can get a start menu for my windows 8. windows 8 is really frustrating me without the start menu...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 9:05am On Dec 29, 2013
habib55: Pls help,i tried playn a game 4 d 1st which i newly installed bt it keeps showin me "XINPUT1_3.dll"missing.pls help me

Just download the latest Directx package and Install, you can do that from microsoft site. If after installation, and the game still shows that it is still missing, extract the directx package to a folder, locate the XINPUT_3.dll file, and copy to the game installation folder.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 9:21am On Dec 29, 2013
chrisgreen: please all is there a way i can get a start menu for my windows 8. windows 8 is really frustrating me without the start menu...

Download Windows 8 start Menu Button by IObit it is free
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 29, 2013
KnightsTemplar:

Just download the latest Directx package and Install, you can do that from microsoft site. If after installation, and the game still shows that it is still missing, extract the directx package to a folder, locate the XINPUT_3.dll file, and copy to the game installation folder.
.tnx,i wil keep u posted.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Festinl(m): 2:10pm On Dec 29, 2013
Its windows 7 ultimate,hp pavilion dv9000
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Festinl(m): 2:15pm On Dec 29, 2013
It displays d logo,turns off after and restart again..if das d prob,juz unscrew where d hard drive is kept on d laptop,remove it and put it back,screw it back,on d lapt and u ar good to go

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:33pm On Dec 29, 2013
Festinl: It displays d logo,turns off after and restart again..if das d prob,juz unscrew where d hard drive is kept on d laptop,remove it and put it back,screw it back,on d lapt and u ar good to go

Dear Festinl,

I would have asked the user to disable auto restart on system failure using f8
and post the blue screen error message. it's less likely to be the hard drive
not sitting properly. I'd wait and see what happens but all the same, well done !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jeffc4real: 4:36pm On Dec 29, 2013
Dear room.I would love to ask a question.how much is an apple monitor with cpu
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 8:40pm On Dec 29, 2013
mcsammy2003: Formally I ws using microsoft essential b4 I changed to avast

Bro please remind me of this issue.

In any case is yo antivirus updated? If no please ensure it is. If I may ask why u removed the MS Essential?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by reeq(m): 8:40pm On Dec 29, 2013
Hello..
Please has anyone used Etisalat(wifi or Hotspot) to browse with their laptop? I have tried connecting with ma bb but it just doesn't browse with my laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 8:46pm On Dec 29, 2013
taiocol: wat does upgrading frm window xp 2 7/8/vista mean

It mean you are moving from the Microsoft windows XP operating system which is quite old and vulnerable to a more modern and less vulnerable operating system. Vista, 7 and 8 consecutively.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by taiocol: 8:59pm On Dec 29, 2013
wolebaba:

It mean you are moving from the Microsoft windows XP operating system which is quite old and vulnerable to a more modern and less vulnerable operating system. Vista, 7 and 8 consecutively.
nd hw can i do that
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 10:03pm On Dec 29, 2013
taiocol: nd hw can i do that

U must have the prerequisite tool which is the upgrade disk. But before you start doing anything, u need to determine if the current configuration of the system you desire to upgrade, meets the requirements of the OS you want 2 upgrade to. If it does, you can go ahead, otherwise, u will need to upgrade your system, before upgrading ur OS.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shegz4real(m): 8:03am On Dec 30, 2013
onegig: is the caps lock blinking. Can you hear the sounds of the fan moving if you place your ear towards the area where its located?

Did you remove the ram and re insert like i advised earlier?
. My boss I hv remove n re-insert d ram jst as u said.any person u can refer me 2 in computer village.dis ma nuba 07036290500 pls flash me I will call u
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GreatAustin: 7:08pm On Dec 30, 2013
Pls help me ooo.
The window 7 ultimate dat was on my P.C got expired so i format the system with window 8 coz window xp could not work on it... And since then, anytime i am working on the system the heat wil be too much. What should i do to reduce or stop the "hotness"
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by taiocol: 7:29pm On Dec 30, 2013
KnightsTemplar:

U must have the prerequisite tool which is the upgrade disk. But before you start doing anything, u need to determine if the current configuration of the system you desire to upgrade, meets the requirements of the OS you want 2 upgrade to. If it does, you can go ahead, otherwise, u will need to upgrade your system, before upgrading ur OS.
how much does it cost
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 11:33pm On Dec 30, 2013
taiocol: how much does it cost

How much does what cost
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MA105: 2:31am On Dec 31, 2013
Pls help with a windows 8 product key..Collected the installation file 4rm sum1 and I can't reach the person back 2 get the product key and also do I need either of ISO or WINRAR application to complete installation of the windows 8?Tnx in anticipation 2 your reply...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 8:47am On Dec 31, 2013
MA_105: Pls help with a windows 8 product key..Collected the installation file 4rm sum1 and I can't reach the person back 2 get the product key and also do I need either of ISO or WINRAR application to complete installation of the windows 8?Tnx in anticipation 2 your reply...

Any product key given to you will be invalidated by Microsoft, as you will have to be online to authenticate the key, unless the key is genuine. You may have to do a little research, to achieve that which you desire.

Depending on how you are installing, you can use the WinRar to extract the contents of the ISO image. But I will advice you to burn the ISO image to a disk(DVD) and use it for your installation.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Milito: 8:49am On Dec 31, 2013
PLS HELP!

The time of my laptop system is misbehaving. Its running late! I hv corrected it several times but the issue persists. I hv ensured tht its set to West Africa +1GMT time. I hv disabled its synchronisation to internet time. All tht didn't resolve the issue. Infact it has almost cost me critical appointments.

After a while I got tired of correcting it every time I use it and just left it. Now the date on it is 25th Dec cry

I am suspecting d clock works only when the system is on. This is quite strange because the battery is good. Except maybe the timer uses another battery, although I'm not sure about tht.

So pls I need advise! The system is HP pavilion DV6. I bought it in 2010.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by taiocol: 9:24am On Dec 31, 2013
KnightsTemplar:

How much does what cost
upgradin my os
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 10:13am On Dec 31, 2013
Milito: PLS HELP!

The time of my laptop system is misbehaving. Its running late! I hv corrected it several times but the issue persists. I hv ensured tht its set to West Africa +1GMT time. I hv disabled its synchronisation to internet time. All tht didn't resolve the issue. Infact it has almost cost me critical appointments.

After a while I got tired of correcting it every time I use it and just left it. Now the date on it is 25th Dec cry

I am suspecting d clock works only when the system is on. This is quite strange because the battery is good. Except maybe the timer uses another battery, although I'm not sure about tht.

So pls I need advise! The system is HP pavilion DV6. I bought it in 2010.

You need to start first by checking your BIOS setting. Shut down your system, leave it for a while. Start the system again, press F2 to access your BIOS setting, check if your date and time is correct, if it's not then your CMOS ba3 needs replacement, other wise you still need to probe for some more settings from the OS
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 10:30am On Dec 31, 2013
taiocol: upgradin my os

The OS is not a problem and should not cost you much, the main issue like I said earlier is prepping up your system if it falls below the minimum system requirements of the OS u want to upgrade to.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ahmedisah(m): 11:01am On Dec 31, 2013
Pls HELP! HOW do I deactivate auto update in win 7, its really eatin up my data when using modem. Tnx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 11:18am On Dec 31, 2013
ahmedisah: Pls HELP! HOW do I deactivate auto update in win 7, its really eatin up my data when using modem. Tnx

Click start and type "windows update".
Under programs, click "windows update" and U will see the Windows update dialogue box.

On the left hand side click on "change setting"

On the "change settings dialogue box" locate "important updates".

Click on the drop down and choose yo preferred option.

Regards,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GreatAustin: 12:30pm On Dec 31, 2013
Pls help me ooo.
The window 7 ultimate dat was on my P.C got expired so i format the system with window 8 coz window xp could not work on it... And since then, anytime i am working on the system the heat wil be too much. What should i do to reduce or stop the "hotness"
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ddjay: 1:10pm On Dec 31, 2013
can sumone pls assist me with ms office 2010 product ke mine is expired. didijay5@gmail.com . Thnx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ahmedisah(m): 1:23pm On Dec 31, 2013
@wolebaba, thank u vry much 4ur response, i've done it as u said. Glad indeed

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (1224) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.