Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,484 members, 7,850,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:01 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1284340 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by akposking(m): 9:08pm On Dec 31, 2013
You guys are doing nice here.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MA105: 11:50pm On Dec 31, 2013
KnightsTemplar:

Any product key given to you will be invalidated by Microsoft, as you will have to be online to authenticate the key, unless the key is genuine. You may have to do a little research, to achieve that which you desire.

Depending on how you are installing, you can use the WinRar to extract the contents of the ISO image. But I will advice you to burn the ISO image to a disk(DVD) and use it for your installation.
So pls what are you advising 2 me to do 2 reload my OS...I don't v a recovery cd..tnx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Raymondfayowole(m): 2:14pm On Jan 01, 2014
Hi evryone anytime i plug ma laptop charger nd i touch anytin dat has 2 do wit iron there is always a electric shock. Y is dis happenin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 4:44pm On Jan 01, 2014
Raymondfayowole: Hi evryone anytime i plug ma laptop charger nd i touch anytin dat has do wit iron there is always a electric shock. Y is dis happenin

Such scenario arises due to improper wiring of were the laptop is plugged to, it is not from your laptop, you must have observed, if it is not plugged to the socket, it wont spike you. I equally have a system that spikes me once in a while. If it gives you serious concern, you can call an electrician to check if the wiring is properly grounded.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 4:51pm On Jan 01, 2014
MA_105:
SO pls what are you advising 2 me to do 2 reload my OS...I don't v a recovery cd..tnx

Install the Software, try to have the devices driven, then lemme have ur e-mail add.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jay4genius: 11:06pm On Jan 01, 2014
Guys, please i think i got a problem with intalling apps on my pc. Each time i try to install or run an app or software a window similar to the command prompt window keeps popping up. It doesnt stay up to 2seconds afterwhich it disappears. Please what do i do. I attach a pic of the command prompt for more understanding

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MA105: 7:35am On Jan 02, 2014
KnightsTemplar:

Install the Software, try to have the devices driven, then lemme have ur e-mail add.
I can't install if I don't v a product key...Mail add is mee_type@yahoo.com....tnx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Taeewo(m): 8:16am On Jan 02, 2014
Uncle,pls my hp dvd rom keep ejecting itself any time i insert c.d.av tried external dvd rom dat is working perfectly,same thing happen.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 10:27am On Jan 02, 2014
Taeewo: Uncle,pls my hp dvd rom keep ejecting itself any time i insert c.d.av tried external dvd rom dat is working perfectly,same thing happen.

Since you have tried an external drive, and the problem still persists, you could be looking at a malware. Restart your laptop in safe mode you can do this by pressing F8 repeatedly when ur system is booting, select the safe mode option thereafter, check if the problem persists in safe mode and report back to us.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 10:47am On Jan 02, 2014
MA_105:
I can't install if I don't v a product key...Mail add is mee_type@yahoo.com....tnx

You can install it without a product key if you are doing a fresh installation. It should give you a certain grace period prior to activation. Pls check make sure your system meets the minimum requirements for running Win8
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 02, 2014
Hello folks, Hapi New Year. Gud to be back here. Am willing to respond to any question. If you also want a very good laptop. just notify me. All my PCs are from Japan and the United States.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MA105: 11:44am On Jan 02, 2014
KnightsTemplar:
You can install it without a product key if you are doing a fresh installation. It should give you a certain grace period prior to activation. Pls check make sure your system meets the minimum requirements for running Win8
Its nt a fresh installation,v bn using the OS since March,2013....The OS crashed around last week in November...It was activated wen it was initially installed,tho it restores itself atimes and cum back on buh I feel I sud format the OS...Its presently crashed naw tho...I operate in safe mode wen its crashed...tnx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 12:35pm On Jan 02, 2014
MA_105:
Its nt a fresh installation,v bn using the OS since March,2013....The OS crashed around last week in November...It was activated wen it was initially installed,tho it restores itself atimes and cum back on buh I feel I sud format the OS...Its presently crashed naw tho...I operate in safe mode wen its crashed...tnx

Don't worry it will be activated. Just do a clean installation, I.e back up ur data and since you have been using Win8 b4 it crashed, and it appears ur recovery partition has been tampered with. Format and Install win8 again. It will give you an initial grace period to use it, before I forward it 2 ur mail. Btw what OS were u running initially.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by papannamdi1(m): 12:58pm On Jan 02, 2014
Brothers and sisters in the lord, happy new year ooh
0x00000124
dis bluescreen wan kill my laptop ooh
It al started after I installed britanica 13, when i launched d app after sometime d bluescreen appeared and d lapy restarted,
Was very scared so i quickly uninstalled d app,
But for where d bluescreen continued from dat day, and I av com to notice that it occurs mostly wen on bat3,
It hardly happens if using ac or charging.
And it is frequent when when using a demandin app, that requires more ram and processor
Abeg, na weytin de cos dis thing,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 1:41pm On Jan 02, 2014
papa_nnamdi: Brothers and sisters in the lord, happy new year ooh
0x00000124
dis bluescreen wan kill my laptop ooh
It al started after I installed britanica 13, when i launched d app after sometime d bluescreen appeared and d lapy restarted,
Was very scared so i quickly uninstalled d app,
But for where d bluescreen continued from dat day, and I av com to notice that it occurs mostly wen on bat3,
It hardly happens if using ac or charging.
And it is frequent when when using a demandin app, that requires more ram and processor
Abeg, na weytin de cos dis thing,

BOD can be caused by either a failing hardware, driver or software conflict. Yours is probably a registry problem arising from the Britanica you installed and Uninstalled. Next time it is advisable to Uninstall the defaulting app thru safe mode. Better still, use a third party uninstallation tool like "your uninstaller" which Uninstalls and removes any registry entry associated with the app. Download ccleaner and use it to scan and clean your system and registry first.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 1:42pm On Jan 02, 2014
jay4genius: Guys, please i think i got a problem with intalling apps on my pc. Each time i try to install or run an app or software a window similar to the command prompt window keeps popping up. It doesnt stay up to 2seconds afterwhich it disappears. Please what do i do. I attach a pic of the command prompt for more understanding

Does it prevent you from running or installing any app.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by papannamdi1(m): 6:14pm On Jan 02, 2014
KnightsTemplar:

BOD can be caused by either a failing hardware, driver or software conflict. Yours is probably a registry problem arising from the Britanica you installed and Uninstalled. Next time it is advisable to Uninstall the defaulting app thru safe mode. Better still, use a third party uninstallation tool like "your uninstaller" which Uninstalls and removes any registry entry associated with the app. Download ccleaner and use it to scan and clean your system and registry first.
Ok just done dat, used glary utilities cos I hate cc cleaner.
So now we wait......
While waitin lemme quickly add a bonus question
My hsdpa universal modem refuses to conect, as in, before(last week) it shows umts at d network bar before I connect it
Bet now there is the full network bar, but no umts, rather 'limited service' is wat shows,
So wen I change d network settings from wcdma only to wcdma preffered, edge network shows but still doesnt connect, (same wit al network)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by olamileone(m): 7:20pm On Jan 02, 2014
My compaq laptop always ang seriously, someone help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 02, 2014
what?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Taeewo(m): 9:23pm On Jan 02, 2014
Thanks sir,Av use d safe mode n it does not eject..wat else wud i do now or can i b using safe mode always.
KnightsTemplar:

Since you have tried an external drive, and the problem still persists, you could be looking at a malware. Restart your laptop in safe mode you can do this by pressing F8 repeatedly when ur system is booting, select the safe mode option thereafter, check if the problem persists in safe mode and report back to us.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oabusewa: 11:22pm On Jan 02, 2014
Pls guys for God'sake i wish to know the actual price of both intel and AMD mother board for hp dv5 laptop because i am intending changing my to either of d two, thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Milito: 6:14am On Jan 03, 2014
KnightsTemplar:

You need to start first by checking your BIOS setting. Shut down your system, leave it for a while. Start the system again, press F2 to access your BIOS setting, check if your date and time is correct, if it's not then your CMOS ba3 needs replacement, other wise you still need to probe for some more settings from the OS

Thank u! This was very helpful.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:47am On Jan 03, 2014
olamileone: My compaq laptop always ang seriously, someone help me

How is it hanging e.g. internet or when is starting up ?
In that case restart the laptop and and keep pressing
f10 for bios and scroll down to diagnostics and run an
hard drive test for me, does it passed or failed. After that
get back to windows and click start, computer or my computer
system properties and tell us your RAM memory amount.

is this xp or vista and full laptop model number, for example toshiba P300-20h
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jeak123(m): 7:16am On Jan 03, 2014
I wish someone here can b able 2 help. I just acquired Acer Iconia and i cant install MS word 2010. When i try insralling, it directs me to choose a folder to install d ms word. N when i chose a folder, it will return 'invalid location' It is a 64 bit and a dual touch screen. Its running on windows 7. Could u pls help me. Am nt a novice on installing softwares or on computer use. Ur timely response will b much appreciated.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Festinl(m): 11:57am On Jan 03, 2014
gvys,pls..i installed a windows8 skin pack on my laptop,afta instalatn,it tod me to restart,i restartd and afta displayin d hp invent,it wrote BOOTMGR is corupt,ryrtem canot boot....i tried diagnosis,didnt wok,i keep presin f8,didnt show anytin,wot shud i do again,am usin win7ultimate
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Foodconsumer(m): 12:54pm On Jan 03, 2014
I think my nc6400 backlight seems too old due to the diminished and low brightness... The light isn't illuminating enough for good performance despite the fact that the brightness is increased to the highest.... Can the backlight be replaced??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 1:36pm On Jan 03, 2014
Taeewo: Thanks sir Av used safe mode not it does not eject..what else wud i do now or can i b using safe mode always.

No safe mode is 4 diagnostics. So it appears ur system was infected by malware. do this,
Restart ur system in safe mode again
Open ur run dialog box[Windows key + R]
Inside the box type Msconfig.exe and hit enter
Click on startup
Click on Disable all button
Hit Apply, save and restart

Try and update ur AV if you have any and scan ur system. Download any AntiMalware software like Malwarebyte install and scan ur system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 03, 2014
Yes @Food_Consumer cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dondave11: 1:42pm On Jan 03, 2014
Please, i need ur help. My sony bio Laptop no longer power on.

What could be the problem? And how much will it cost me to fix it?

Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 2:31pm On Jan 03, 2014
Festinl: gvys,pls..i installed a windows8 skin pack on my laptop,afta instalatn,it tod me to restart,i restartd and afta displayin d hp invent,it wrote BOOTMGR is corupt,ryrtem canot boot....i tried diagnosis,didnt wok,i keep presin f8,didnt show anytin,wot shud i do again,am usin win7ultimate

I dont know why you guys trouble yourself with all this skins and wallpapers that contain viruses and stuff. Why harm your system and slow down your system?

The boot manager is corrupt and you need to repair it. Since pressing f8 didnt work i guess you might need to a system recovery or repair.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 2:33pm On Jan 03, 2014
Dondave11: Please, i need ur help. My sony bio Laptop no longer power on.

What could be the problem? And how much will it cost me to fix it?

Thanks.
Is the battery good?

What kind of power on problems? Led light blinking, screen not coming on?

System fan working? Any activity?. Is your charger working? Is it coming up?

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (1224) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.