Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,158 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (527) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1275281 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 12:23pm On Mar 13, 2015
Smartestelvis:
op my system has been a source of traumer 2 me..i installed windows 7 on it n other apps n after usin it 4 a while d screen goes blue wit some bunch of error warnins.i reformatted it n still d same senerio occured so i tot its d apps so wen i formatted it 4 d 3rd time i refuse 2 put any app n still yet d same tin occurred so i went 2 buy a new hdd n its still making the same troubles....pls help me out.........speakin of which,dere is a window vista tag on d system so i'm wonderin if it was actually designed 4 windows vista alone or maybe winxp jst sayin but pls any one with a viable tips will be highly appreciated......
kindly give the maker, model, and configuration of your laptop e.g. Hp 15 Notebook, 4gb RAM etc etc.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by isidollarboy(m): 2:09pm On Mar 13, 2015
Please the guru's in the house should help me out!!
I just kept my system for a very long time without putting it on (5 months), I just powered it on today, there was options whether to boot into safe mode or boot normally, I choose safe mode, and it worked well, when I tried to reboot normally, it was stock up on the windows logo, then I decided to boot back to safe mode but I discovered my keyboard was not working accurately, please,
I have decided not take it to engineer for formatting/reinstall or recovery, I want to do it on my own, can someone give me guide lines on steps by steps I can take to install windows 8 with start button and to recover some of my files . Thanks in advance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by latfun22(m): 2:28pm On Mar 13, 2015
please help, my laptop is not booting anymore, but it indicate charging when am charging. if i on it wil show light and after some seconds the light will off. plz what is the solution plzzzz?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 2:33pm On Mar 13, 2015
latfun22:
please help, my laptop is not booting anymore, but it indicate charging when am charging. if i on it wil show light and after some seconds the light will off. plz what is the solution plzzzz?
if it doesnt show any logo or any other thing, then you might consider re-seating your RAM. this is advised with the intent that you alraedy acquire a screw driver and the technical know-how of cleaning your RAM, and slotting it back. i believe you know that the warranty can get void, and you can also damage your pc physically, or by static electricity if you touch forbidden parts, or mishandle the components. therefore, i am not ready to be held responsible for any loss/damage caused by you re-seating your ram. thank you. goodluck grin cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oswaldvictor72(m): 4:06pm On Mar 13, 2015
my battery no longer charge what should i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 4:34pm On Mar 13, 2015
oswaldvictor72:
my battery no longer charge what should i do
try another working adapter with matching power rating and let's see
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kingsley989(m): 5:25pm On Mar 13, 2015
bigt2:
is the hardware there? I mean can you see an outlet like a fingerprint scanner on your laptop?
Yes I can see.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 5:46pm On Mar 13, 2015
kingsley989:

Yes I can see.
check the device manager for missing drivers
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by latfun22(m): 11:35pm On Mar 13, 2015
bigt2:
if it doesnt show any logo or any other thing, then you might consider re-seating your RAM. this is advised with the intent that you alraedy acquire a screw driver and the technical know-how of cleaning your RAM, and slotting it back. i believe you know that the warranty can get void, and you can also damage your pc physically, or by static electricity if you touch forbidden parts, or mishandle the components. therefore, i am not ready to be held responsible for any loss/damage caused by you re-seating your ram. thank you. goodluck grin cheesy
tnx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by heskeyw(m): 7:30am On Mar 14, 2015
Is Acer E1-510 a gaming laptop? Or can it play most mid ranged games e.g pes, fifa etc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 9:20am On Mar 14, 2015
heskeyw:
Is Acer E1-510 a gaming laptop? Or can it play most mid ranged games e.g pes, fifa etc
no, it can play basic games though. You'll have to set the quality of most games to low, and some hands will nag before opening, and lag and flicker while playing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by heskeyw(m): 9:23am On Mar 14, 2015
bigt2:
no, it can play basic games though. You'll have to set the quality of most games to low, and some hands will nag before opening, and lag and flicker while playing.
Tnx man, I never liked the laptop just somebody wants to send it down to me as a gift
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 10:20am On Mar 14, 2015
heskeyw:

Tnx man, I never liked the laptop just somebody wants to send it down to me as a gift
it's good as a gift. If you reject it, let me give you my address. grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kudoxs(m): 10:34am On Mar 14, 2015
pls help, the screen brightness of my new laptop is not adjusting.what can i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 11:22am On Mar 14, 2015
kudoxs:
pls help, the screen brightness of my new laptop is not adjusting.what can i do
try installing the graphics driver, and the button driver of your laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kingsley989(m): 1:02pm On Mar 14, 2015
Good afternoon all. I'm on the verge of taking a hard decision and I need your help because your advice will determine my final decision. I own a hp probook 450 G1 core i3, 4GB, 500 HDD... 2.40gh of processor speed. My bro is about getting a uk used laptop. Our family friend who imports UK used laptops who we've been waiting for his stocks, now his new stocks are mostly acers core i5 and my bro wouldn't take an acer laptop because he dislikes the brand (the tags them inferior). Now, my question is how good, durable and comon are acer laptops? Am about given my bro my 8month old HP which I bought brand new, to pick ono of these acers. Help me make a decision. I await your responds.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kudoxs(m): 1:52pm On Mar 14, 2015
bigt2:
try installing the graphics driver, and the button driver of your laptop.
than you very much,it works
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kudoxs(m): 1:53pm On Mar 14, 2015
kingsley989:
Good afternoon all. I'm on the verge of taking a hard decision and I need your help because your advice will determine my final decision. I own a hp probook 450 G1 core i3, 4GB, 500 HDD... 2.40gh of processor speed. My bro is about getting a uk used laptop. Our family friend who imports UK used laptops who we've been waiting for his stocks, now his new stocks are mostly acers core i5 and my bro wouldn't take an acer laptop because he dislikes he brand (the tags them inferior). Now, my question is how good, durable and comon are acer laptops? Am about given my bro my 8month old HP which I bought brand new, to pick ono of these acers. Help me make a decision. I await your responds.
stick with ur Hp bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tomzman: 2:28pm On Mar 14, 2015
Hello everyone. I need ur advice. My HP 650 laptop has been infected with virus to the extent that my avg antivirus can no longer handle the case (used avast before now but uninstalled it and installed avg). I'm thinking of formatting my system but I'm scared I'll lose all my apps. Pls what's the best solution?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kudoxs(m): 2:56pm On Mar 14, 2015
tomzman:
Hello everyone. I need ur advice. My HP 650 laptop has been infected with virus to the extent that my avg antivirus can no longer handle the case (used avast before now but uninstalled it and installed avg). I'm thinking of formatting my system but I'm scared I'll lose all my apps. Pls what's the best solution?
if you are running window 7, d best antivirus is microsoft security essentials,go n download it from microsoft website,believe me,it is the best out there.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 3:03pm On Mar 14, 2015
kudoxs:
than you very much,it works
glad to hear.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tomzman: 3:11pm On Mar 14, 2015
kudoxs:
if you are running window 7, d best antivirus is microsoft security essentials,go n download it from microsoft website,believe me,it is the best out there.

Thanks but I'm on windows 8. I was using avast before but I had to uninstall it when the noise it makes when it detects the viruses became unbearable. I'm using avg now but the story is the same. That noise is the first thing that greets me after booting and it continues like that every second. That's why I'm thinking of completely formatting the system but I don't want to lose my apps.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 5:21pm On Mar 14, 2015
tomzman:

Thanks but I'm on windows 8. I was using avast before but I had to uninstall it when the noise it makes when it detects the viruses became unbearable. I'm using avg now but the story is the same. That noise is the first thing that greets me after booting and it continues like that every second. That's why I'm thinking of completely formatting the system but I don't want to lose my apps.
here is a little advice and probably the way forward. Kindly download avast! Premier Antivirus, install the trial (regular installation), then update the virus definitions. After that, give your computer a full scan. After taking recommended actions on the scan result, use malwarebyte anti malware to scan further for malware. Reboot your system to see if you can work on it-noting the stability. If the system is stable, then you can switch to whatever antivirus and install the latest version of usb disk security. If otherwise, then that means critical system files have been affected and deleted after scanning. Then i'm sorry you'll have to format your system.
However, you can refresh your windows-if you can get there, then if you can't then you can re-install windows whilst retaining your user files, and programs by not formatting your hard drive when re-loading the system. Where do you reside so as to get people here who can fix this for you?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by isidollarboy(m): 5:59pm On Mar 14, 2015
isidollarboy:
Please the guru's in the house should help me out!!
I just kept my system for a very long time without putting it on (5 months), I just powered it on today, there was options whether to boot into safe mode or boot normally, I choose safe mode, and it worked well, when I tried to reboot normally, it was stock up on the windows logo, then I decided to boot back to safe mode but I discovered my keyboard was not working accurately, please,
I have decided not take it to engineer for formatting/reinstall or recovery, I want to do it on my own, can someone give me guide lines on steps by steps I can take to install windows 8 with start button and to recover some of my files . Thanks in advance.
somebody should please help me oooo, am begging
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 6:34pm On Mar 14, 2015
isidollarboy:
somebody should please help me oooo, am begging
skipped this problem earlier and failed to address it. It's highly regretted and not an act of cowering.
You have decided to install windows 8.1(with the start button) without addressing your keyboard. You'll have to either get an external keyboard (usb), or wait till you're certain of the purported inability of your keyboard's functionality. This said, you'll have to either get a windows 8.1 installation disc, or download the image file online, and burn it to a dvd. Follow these steps thereafter:
insert the disc,
start the computer
press the functional button (mostly f12 or esc) to enter the boot menu,
select the dvd drive, then at the prompt asking you to press any key to boot from cd, press a key.
*windows is loading files*
after that, choose 'install windows'
choose custom install (not upgrade),
click the drive partition you want to install windows on. (do not format the drive, i repeat, do not format the drive!)
click ok; a prompt should show you a message that your selected partition contains windows files already, just click ok.
Keep your fingers crossed (probably go and make tea and get some cookies),
*copying files*
*expanding files*
*installing features*
*installing updates*
*finalizing installation*
set the computer name, date, time, etc.
You should have the start menu pop up. Bravo! You made it cos you're a genius. Let me know when you get to this benchmark. I'll guide you through the next steps.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 8:32pm On Mar 14, 2015
kudoxs:

.........Apparently not the best bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tomzman: 9:33pm On Mar 14, 2015
bigt2:
here is a little advice and probably the way forward. Kindly download avast! Premier Antivirus, install the trial (regular installation), then update the virus definitions. After that, give your computer a full scan. After taking recommended actions on the scan result, use malwarebyte anti malware to scan further for malware. Reboot your system to see if you can work on it-noting the stability. If the system is stable, then you can switch to whatever antivirus and install the latest version of usb disk security. If otherwise, then that means critical system files have been affected and deleted after scanning. Then i'm sorry you'll have to format your system.
However, you can refresh your windows-if you can get there, then if you can't then you can re-install windows whilst retaining your user files, and programs by not formatting your hard drive when re-loading the system. Where do you reside so as to get people here who can fix this for you?
Thanks man. I'll follow the steps you posted and see if I can fix it on my own. If not I'll beckon on you. Do you stay in Lagos?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mazizitonene(m): 10:24pm On Mar 14, 2015
mehn, utorrent still rocks tho its kinda slow............the problem i'm having now is my IDM....internet download manager......when i bought my system, i first downloaded it..used it for a while till the trial version expired....then i got a cracked version from a friend tried everything possible so far and it still wont work...keeps telling me that my trial period has expired....i just tire...pls any way around this?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 11:37pm On Mar 14, 2015
tomzman:

Thanks man. I'll follow the steps you posted and see if I can fix it on my own. If not I'll beckon on you. Do you stay in Lagos?
not at all. I'm in oyo state. Oyo town precisely. You can get people from Lagos here. Adetwin, deji2009 and co should be able to find experts for you.

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by haidar28(m): 11:39pm On Mar 14, 2015
just looking for HP 530 case

(1) (2) (3) ... (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.