Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,153 members, 7,852,929 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:34 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (529) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1285775 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 4:05pm On Mar 16, 2015
Freeopod:
Who knows the cost of hp 620 laptop battery ?!

Should we deliver to your door step? If YES check our signature for contact details
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gbemijames: 8:26pm On Mar 16, 2015
Goodday pals..
i have a challenge fixing my sistas system..
its a samsung mini notebook and the Windows 7 OS is crashed..
i tried copying the windows 7 cd into a flash drive and then startup the system with the flash inserted, but no avail..

please what software can i copy into the flash in order to run the system and reload the windows?

Thank you very much...
Awaiting swift response.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Coldplay007(f): 8:30pm On Mar 16, 2015
Well my laptop just refuse to start...
I tried diagnostics and it said Hard drive not detected or so...
I need to work urgently, hope my hard drive has not crashed??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 10:11pm On Mar 16, 2015
Coldplay007:
Well my laptop just refuse to start...
I tried diagnostics and it said Hard drive not detected or so...
I need to work urgently, hope my hard drive has not crashed??
i'm afraid to tell you it has. Do you hear any rattling sound from the hard drive? If yes or no, you might consider enslaving it on a desktop pc to salvage your files. Hopefully, it may come up. If it comes up clean, then there's something fishy about the north bridge.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 10:14pm On Mar 16, 2015
gbemijames:
Goodday pals..
i have a challenge fixing my sistas system..
its a samsung mini notebook and the Windows 7 OS is crashed..
i tried copying the windows 7 cd into a flash drive and then startup the system with the flash inserted, but no avail..

please what software can i copy into the flash in order to run the system and reload the windows?

Thank you very much...
Awaiting swift response.
how did you copy the windows files? How many gig is the flashdrive?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Yongi99(m): 10:19pm On Mar 16, 2015
how can i stop these ads in my browser?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gbemijames: 10:59pm On Mar 16, 2015
bigt2:
how did you copy the windows files? How many gig is the flashdrive?

i copied the cd files in my own laptop...then copied the whole files into the flash drive...the flash drive is 4gb
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Coldplay007(f): 12:01am On Mar 17, 2015
bigt2:
i'm afraid to tell you it has. Do you hear any rattling sound from the hard drive? If yes or no, you might consider enslaving it on a desktop pc to salvage your files. Hopefully, it may come up. If it comes up clean, then there's something fishy about the north bridge.
Yes I can hear a rattling/hissing sound.. I need those files oo, but 1st the laptop must work.. what needs to be done?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Coldplay007(f): 12:03am On Mar 17, 2015
Coldplay007:

Yes I can hear a rattling/hissing sound.. I need those files oo, but 1st the laptop must work.. what needs to be done?

I actually noticed it emits a lot of heat, though the fan works..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 6:30am On Mar 17, 2015
Coldplay007:

pray it isn't a hard disk error and enslave it on a desktop pc. The hard disk might have probably failed smart test.
Considering the fact that your moniker is acclaimed to a lady, i recommend getting someone with the technical know-how in your area (people like tolzeal, onegig, adetwin, deji2009, etc might be living in your area) to help you out. However, you can plunge into it if you know how to use a screwdriver and how to enslave the hard drive.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 6:35am On Mar 17, 2015
gbemijames:

i copied the cd files in my own laptop...then copied the whole files into the flash drive...the flash drive is 4gb
i do this too and sometimes i get lucky. Format the flashdrive, open the cd, then copy all the files and paste directly into the root directory of the flash. Don't paste it into any folder. After this, try booting via the flash on the laptop if you're lucky, then it should start setup. Functionality varies from flash to flash though. If no joy, you'll have to boot from external dvd.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akell(m): 6:43am On Mar 17, 2015
Akell:
Onegig and others, pls I've got a little ish with my laptop. It's a Brian Laptop.

When I power on, it gives a long and high beep sound that I have to depress any key to make it stop.

I also will have to press a key before it boots
After that, it functions well. All keys work as they should.

But after few seconds of booting, ALL keys cease.
I won't be able to use the laptop at all
Any clue?
The mouse also sticks.....bought an external mouse. Same problem

But it works well when I boot in safe mode

Urgent help please

bigt2:
the problem should be either from a malfunctioning driver, or a startup program, virus, or malware. Try logging into safe mode, then run msconfig, go to the startup tab and disable all the startup programs. Now reboot normally. If it works, then you'll have to enable them one by one till you figure out which one's faulty. Got my drift?

thanks for the urgent response. I aint a techie please. How do I run msconfig? Can you please detail it all here?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 6:50am On Mar 17, 2015
Akell:

thanks for the urgent response. I aint a techie please. How do I run msconfig? Can you please detail it all here?
depress the windows logo key on your keyboard and press r,
type msconfig into the dialog box, then hit enter.
Follow the remaining steps as stated earlier. Goodluck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 6:52am On Mar 17, 2015

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Maczeelly(m): 8:50am On Mar 17, 2015
@op pls how can I fix logon process intialisation failure........the system is sony and window 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rasheedow(m): 8:50am On Mar 17, 2015
Good moning everybody. My system problem is to view what i download. After downloading finish and want to view it, it will display " The Locker.dll as been missing" . Plz help meeeeeee. Is like i mistakly uninstall it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 11:02am On Mar 17, 2015
I just upgraded my laptop's OS from windows 7 to windows 8. Have been having problems using all my USB ports since.
I even retried installing all the drivers again but didn't work.Any idea would be appreciated.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 12:18pm On Mar 17, 2015
Maczeelly:
@op pls how can I fix logon process intialisation failure........the system is sony and window 7
boot to safe mode, then restore your system to an earlier time.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tspun(m): 12:38pm On Mar 17, 2015
bigt2:
which type? Is it a usb mouse? Have you tried another mouse?
i have tried different mouse and keyboard but non is working
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Maczeelly(m): 1:09pm On Mar 17, 2015
bigt2:
boot to safe mode, then restore your system to an earlier time.
thanks I really appreciate your reply but have boot it to safe mode and restore the time yet is still telling me logon process initialization failed................have also done advanced boot options screen by pressing F8 when I on the system yet still saying the same thing
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 1:23pm On Mar 17, 2015
purplekayc:
I just upgraded my laptop's OS from windows 7 to windows 8. Have been having problems using all my USB ports since.
I even retried installing all the drivers again but didn't work.Any idea would be appreciated.
dis can be a coincidence coz usb port suppose to be drive automatically by d window
Pls check d device manger and setthings from bios
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 1:25pm On Mar 17, 2015
rasheedow:
Good moning everybody. My system problem is to view what i download. After downloading finish and want to view it, it will display " The Locker.dll as been missing" . Plz help meeeeeee. Is like i mistakly uninstall it.
pls what d name of ur window and d file u are trying to open?
eg, window 7 , adobe document
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 1:26pm On Mar 17, 2015
Maczeelly:
thanks I really appreciate your reply but have boot it to safe mode and restore the time yet is still telling me logon process initialization failed................have also done advanced boot options screen by pressing F8 when I on the system yet still saying the same thing
ur window is gone

U will av to format it
Does ur system come wit cd? Or u still av ur original window on it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rasheedow(m): 1:33pm On Mar 17, 2015
window 7 , Software eg TTS VEDIO AND SUPRM TRAFFIC BOT
zyzxx:
pls what d name of ur window and d file u are trying to open?
eg, window 7 , adobe document
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Maczeelly(m): 1:56pm On Mar 17, 2015
zyzxx:
ur window is gone

U will av to format it
Does ur system come wit cd? Or u still av ur original window on it?
still av the original window on it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 2:00pm On Mar 17, 2015
rasheedow:
window 7 , Software eg TTS VEDIO AND SUPRM TRAFFIC BOT
are u sure sir dat all those files Are not infected by virus
Do u av a Gud anti virus?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 2:02pm On Mar 17, 2015
Maczeelly:
still av the original window on it
can u copy ur work out with external connector?
And restore it to factor settings
As new as it comes with d original window
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Maczeelly(m): 2:34pm On Mar 17, 2015
zyzxx:
can u copy ur work out with external connector?
And restore it to factor settings
As new as it comes with d original window
I will have love to copy it on external device but nothing is coming up except logon process initialisation fail on the screen
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by isidollarboy(m): 2:40pm On Mar 17, 2015
bigt2:
skipped this problem earlier and failed to address it. It's highly regretted and not an act of cowering.
You have decided to install windows 8.1(with the start button) without addressing your keyboard. You'll have to either get an external keyboard (usb), or wait till you're certain of the purported inability of your keyboard's functionality. This said, you'll have to either get a windows 8.1 installation disc, or download the image file online, and burn it to a dvd. Follow these steps thereafter:
insert the disc,
start the computer
press the functional button (mostly f12 or esc) to enter the boot menu,
select the dvd drive, then at the prompt asking you to press any key to boot from cd, press a key.
*windows is loading files*
after that, choose 'install windows'
choose custom install (not upgrade),
click the drive partition you want to install windows on. (do not format the drive, i repeat, do not format the drive!)
click ok; a prompt should show you a message that your selected partition contains windows files already, just click ok.
Keep your fingers crossed (probably go and make tea and get some cookies),
*copying files*
*expanding files*
*installing features*
*installing updates*
*finalizing installation*
set the computer name, date, time, etc.
You should have the start menu pop up. Bravo! You made it cos you're a genius. Let me know when you get to this benchmark. I'll guide you through the next steps.
bro thanks, everything has been successful. my old files has been recovered, only my former apps were lost bt all thanks to u for the brave steps.,
pls how can I bring the start button, the windows 8 pro installed doesn't has a start button. Once again, thank you very much
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rasheedow(m): 2:46pm On Mar 17, 2015
yes i am using "TOTAL 360" SEE ATTACH
zyzxx:
are u sure sir dat all those files Are not infected by virus
Do u av a Gud anti virus?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 3:44pm On Mar 17, 2015
Maczeelly:
did you try the earliest restore point?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 3:45pm On Mar 17, 2015
Maczeelly:
I will have love to copy it on external device but nothing is coming up except logon process initialisation fail on the screen
u can do dat only if u connect ur hard drive to another system sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) ... (1224) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.