Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,545 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (549) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1268257 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cp2dec1: 12:59pm On Apr 16, 2015
perrol:
please help , i was trying to instal window XP on a pc but what am seeing is NTLDR is missing. please help me.

The NTLDR error is usually saying you have a bad image. Specifically a bad boot loader file. (boot.ini file)

Get a better copy of the image and try again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tolors: 1:33pm On Apr 16, 2015
pls help, anytime my battery reach like 20% it will jst off by itself witout any prior warning nd it was not like dat before nd ave also check d settings on d battery nd everytin is owkae dere.d pc jst start to dey do like dat on monday.pls help a broda
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by peleson: 1:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
cp2dec1:

Now when did you get that error...was it in the course of doing the system restore OR trying to open up the software again?
When I was doing the system restore and it says system restore not successful
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by peleson: 1:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
Pls what else can I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 1:44pm On Apr 16, 2015
peleson:
Pls what ese can I do?

with NTLDR MISSING is software issue so get another OS CD try it if same error change the hard disk. Get back to us if any problem persist
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by perrol(m): 1:50pm On Apr 16, 2015
adetwin:

with NTLDR MISSING is software issue so get another OS CD try it if same error change the hard disk. Get back to us if any problem persist

okay, thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cp2dec1: 2:30pm On Apr 16, 2015
peleson:

When I was doing the system restore and it says system restore not successful

How far back did you try to go...? Have you tried a different later date than going that far back as you did.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by peleson: 6:22pm On Apr 16, 2015
cp2dec1:

How far back did you try to go...? Have you tried a different later date than going that far back as you did.
Only 2 dates came up and they were all most recent dates.
Pls what else is possible?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cp2dec1: 6:28pm On Apr 16, 2015
peleson:

Only 2 dates came up and they were all most recent dates.
Pls what else is possible?

Well since this is only happening with the windows 8 machine...you may wanna try the system refresh option.

Now this option will remove any programs you may have installed which you will need to reinstall again. But all your personal files and documents will be fine.

Thats the only option I have for you now.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Princezoi(m): 6:46pm On Apr 16, 2015
bigt2:
does it make any sound whatsoever? Any beeps?
yeap, its making some wierd sound, pls i need help asap
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Princezoi(m): 6:52pm On Apr 16, 2015
[quote author=adetwin post=32655904][/quote] really!!! So you can have someone come check it for me?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Appliedmaths(m): 10:56pm On Apr 16, 2015
Tried to upgrade to win 8, system keeps saying '.dll file missing '
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 6:06am On Apr 17, 2015
Princezoi:
really!!! So you can have someone come check it for me?

Your location?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 8:19am On Apr 17, 2015
Appliedmaths:
try another windows installation disc.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Appliedmaths(m): 8:49am On Apr 17, 2015
bigt2:
try another windows installation disc.

Done that already, actually I tried two.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Princezoi(m): 12:52pm On Apr 17, 2015
adetwin:

Your location?
idi-igba, Oyo town
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Princezoi(m): 12:59pm On Apr 17, 2015
adetwin:

Your location?
i stay at Idi-igba, Oyo town
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cp2dec1: 1:06pm On Apr 17, 2015
Appliedmaths:

How are you upgrading to Windows 8?

Sounds like you may have a bad image...

And why is everyone using windows 8 on here....y'all don't understand how windows 7 is still so much better and stable?

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cp2dec1: 1:09pm On Apr 17, 2015
Appliedmaths:

Well are you choosing the upgrade option when installing? If you are then you may need to just format your current drive option and install a fresh copy of your preferred OS
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 3:56pm On Apr 17, 2015
Princezoi:
idi-igba, Oyo town

Hmmm next week is it OK? For us to come pls call our hotlines
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 3:57pm On Apr 17, 2015
Appliedmaths:

Try another OS CD if it persist change the hard disk OR try loading Win 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Princezoi(m): 4:52pm On Apr 17, 2015
adetwin:

Hmmm next week is it OK? For us to come pls call our hotlines
ok
but are there any suggested problems, because an engineer said its d board that is faulty, and it'll cost me 12k, need ur advice thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stadora(f): 5:00pm On Apr 17, 2015
pls I sent my system 4 repair, by Then time I got it back, I found out that Then wireless button is no more working, therefore I can't connect to any wireless Network as the blue light doesn't come up again.
pls I need the wireless light back, what do I do to restore it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kindmman(m): 6:54pm On Apr 17, 2015
My laptop powers up but the screen is blank. One repairer told me it is damaged beyond repair and another said I have to change the processor. Am confused.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:34pm On Apr 17, 2015
kindmman:
My laptop powers up but the screen is blank. One repairer told me it is damaged beyond repair and another said I have to change the processor. Am confused.

Have they checked the memory ram ?

Have they checked the power display switch
that can accidentally turn off the display

Is the caps/num lock on ?

Have they tested it on a vga monitor?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:35pm On Apr 17, 2015
stadora:
pls I sent my system 4 repair, by Then time I got it back, I found out that Then wireless button is no more working, therefore I can't connect to any wireless Network as the blue light doesn't come up again.

Use google to find out how to get to device manager
and click the + sign next to network adaptor, what can you see ?

Any yellow signs on the list ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:42pm On Apr 17, 2015
cp2dec1:

And why is everyone using windows 8 on here....y'all don't understand how windows 7 is still so much better and stable?

Hello cp2dec1

My name is Deji one of the technical adviser on nairaland. Having read your post all
week, I welcome you on board, please join us to provide impeccable technical support.

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Appliedmaths(m): 7:54pm On Apr 17, 2015
cp2dec1:

My system came with windows 8, I downgraded to win 7. I know the stunts win 7 is capable of. Just wanted the win 8 experience win 10 is around the corner.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Appliedmaths(m): 8:00pm On Apr 17, 2015
cp2dec1:

Well are you choosing the upgrade option when installing? If you are then you may need to just format your current drive option and install a fresh copy of your preferred OS

Yep, Na the formatting dey fear me. Guess that's the last solution, I'll find back up before doing that. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Appliedmaths(m): 8:02pm On Apr 17, 2015
adetwin:

Try another OS CD if it persist change the hard disk OR try loading Win 7

I'm currently using windows 7. I guess I'll have to format. Thanks anyways.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 8:13pm On Apr 17, 2015
stadora:

This could be just Driver Problem.
Check for update on HP website..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by valentinegibbs(m): 11:25pm On Apr 17, 2015
my laptop keyboard is acting up,sum of de keys re nt wrkin sumtimez nd its affectin new keyz everyday.....pls i need suggestions

(1) (2) (3) ... (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.