Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1268542 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Slyr0x: 1:50pm On Jul 31, 2010
Woke4all:

Thanks 4 reply.

I had already disable the password but some of my applications don't show on the desktop & when i click start> run>search i see them. how can i send them back to the desktop screen expecially my ccleaner?

thanks.

Hello, Right-click on 'ccleaner' and copy. Go to ur desktop, right-click and 'paste' or 'paste shortcut' depending on wht u rily want, Doesnt seem hard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Slyr0x: 1:57pm On Jul 31, 2010
geefizz:

hi, i have a slight problem with installation. my systems os is windows 7 (64bit) and i cant istall games that would work on my vista (32bit) any hope for me? undecided

Ur question seems UNCLEAR. U probably nid to review it. Whts ur OS specs? Or re u trynna say 'Ur games dnt work on ur '64-bit windows 7' Some 32bit games ARE NOT meant to work on 64bit PCs,

OR beta still check here

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_32-bit_games_and_programs_run_on_64-bit_Windows_Vista
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by temisafety: 3:53pm On Jul 31, 2010
When i try to login to my admin account, i have the message: "The group policy service failed logon. Access denied". Also, some files have disappeared. I use Vista Premium 32 bit on Acer. Can someone please help.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I take it is windows XP ? Restart keep presing F8 until
you come to advance option. choose safe mode

screen size will change. when in safe mode

click start > run > and type services.msc press enter
scrool down and look for group policy service. right click >
properties. Then make sure is set to start and  automatically

Apply and ok. restart your computer in normal mode then test

Good luck

@deji2009, thanks for your response! But my laptop is running on Vista not XP. I still need help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kafin(m): 7:15pm On Jul 31, 2010
Hi,

I am trying to see how popular is the deployment and usage of Microsoft System Center Products in Nigeria.

Any information will be appreciated.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunnex190: 3:04am On Aug 01, 2010
Hi, how can i increase my download speed wit IDA?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotech: 11:16pm On Aug 01, 2010
pls elp me out.i shotdown my system on sat,d nxt mng,it wz unable 2 on n i've tested d power pak,cable,cpu(gd conditn)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by beejazzy(m): 11:19pm On Aug 01, 2010
Hello all,
please am hearing a continuous funny sound on ma laptop, each time its on the sounds comes up and i fink its the hard disk thats sounding, really i dont know what to do to it can i get help from in here?.Thanks in advance all
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by beejazzy(m): 11:24pm On Aug 01, 2010
Hello all,
i installed a new OS on ma system, though its an old one but cant get to install most of the drivers needed to get its capacity service, the brand is TINY i dont know if theres anyone in the house that has drivers that i can make use of
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Cupidkc(m): 8:13am On Aug 02, 2010
I hv been tryin 2 boot my lappy bt no show. Afta pressin d power button it displays 'Hp invent it says press ESC 2 change boot order, f2 for setup,n f12 to boot 4rm LAN.' I hv tried al ds bt no show. Sm1 plz hlp o o!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lacomb(m): 9:57am On Aug 02, 2010
Please, can you give me a link where i can get this software: GTX raster CAD series? thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Cupidkc(m): 10:21am On Aug 02, 2010
My laptop doesnt boot. Afta pressin d power button it dsplays 'press ESC 2 change boot order, F2 to change setup. Plz help!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 3:18pm On Aug 02, 2010
Cupidkc:

My laptop doesnt boot. Afta pressin d power button it dsplays 'press ESC 2 change boot order, F2 to change setup. Plz help!
press the ESC and change your boot order to hard disc first. It seems to me that your boot order may have been changed to cd rom first or floppy disc first.

When you get in the boot order screen use the arrow to select the hard drive and follow the instructions at the bottom to move it to first on the list.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by inze(m): 7:02pm On Aug 02, 2010
i use a compaq presario c700,when i plug it,it shows charging in the notification area but does not charge,i checked both the battery and charger with other laptops and they work fine
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kaybaba5(m): 9:25pm On Aug 02, 2010
i formated window vista with formatin disk but after instalati on.i find it difficult to activate it with the serial code online.it brings error code.the system is acer 7720
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by JUO(m): 10:44am On Aug 03, 2010
Hi, how can i increase my download speed wit IDA?
pay for bandwidth you will get up to 300kb/s and above
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by JUO(m): 10:49am On Aug 03, 2010
i formated window vista with formatin disk but after instalati on.i find it difficult to activate it with the serial code online.it brings error code.the system is acer 7720
not clear, which os did u use?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:07pm On Aug 03, 2010
inze:

i use a compaq presario c700,when i plug it,it shows charging in the notification area but does not charge,i checked both the battery and charger with other laptops and they work fine

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the above enquiry and do appreciate your explanations.

Here's your diagnostics in narrowing the cause. I take it is windows XP ?

This behaviour can occur http://www.laptops-battery.co.uk/blog/calibrate-laptop-battery/
Follow the instructions on the above link to fully discharge the battery pack.

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:12pm On Aug 03, 2010
Kay-baba:

Dear Kay-baba

Thank you for the above enquiry and understand a key is needed to get you
back on your feet. however it is illegal to provide a serial key to a user's
as this breach microsoft copyright laws. Pop in to your local shop and enquire
to install a fresh installation and make your windows genuine. Here at nairaland
we only provide 1st level diagnostics. should be of further help, let us know.

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by CEiiG: 12:49pm On Aug 03, 2010
Hi i downloaded a movie and when i play with vlc or media player classic it just says Error wrong codec and shows universal studios
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Duniverse(m): 2:15pm On Aug 03, 2010
I have a little problem with my laptop, for sometime now wen i try to on it, it does'nt answer once at times it wil refuse to on just yesterday hear i have been trying to switch on but it refuse to dont know what to do but the battery is still chargin.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Babneh: 5:03pm On Aug 03, 2010
Why do I find it difficult to download with my laptop.I use HP nc6000.The downloading is usually incomplete before it stops.What do I do to solce the problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mbaegbu: 5:17pm On Aug 03, 2010
Plz i need some HELP!, my pc crashed and i formatted it but when i install window vista it will start but hang on the way. i have tried both XP and Window 7 but they are doing the same thing. i feel that the harddrive sector is bad . so how do i saparate the bad sector and continue with my installation.

plz reply me my friends.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by enzo01(m): 12:00am On Aug 04, 2010
am usin acer 4420 extensa 4rmally vista n i 4matted id to xp. pls where can i download wireless driver and vga driver for my acer. thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by CEiiG: 5:48am On Aug 04, 2010
enzoo1 just go to acer website and look for you laptop model make sure u have ur serial number at hand and download dem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:14am On Aug 04, 2010
Duniverse:

I have a little problem with my laptop, for sometime now wen i try to on it, it does'nt answer once at times it wil refuse to on just yesterday hear i have been trying to switch on but it refuse to dont know what to do but the battery is still chargin.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the above enquiry and here is your diagnostics.

Disconnect charger from laptop

Take battery out from laptop

Disconnect any other devices

Hold the laptop power button

down for 30 seconds to discha-
rge static build up. we are not
trying to switch on at this point

we are resetting the computer
to release all the previous
charging etc. make sure battery
and charger is out then connect
just charger. turn on and keep
pressing F8 > start windows normally

get to windows shutdown and put battery
back. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by JUO(m): 10:27am On Aug 04, 2010
Hi i downloaded a movie and when i play with vlc or media player classic it just says Error wrong codec and shows universal studios

download and install your problems are solved http://www.free-codecs.com/download/k_lite_codec_pack.htm
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Uzilla: 5:06pm On Aug 04, 2010
I use a HP pavillion tablet 2500series. I can not turn my computer on. I am very sure it is not a battery problem. maybe a virus, I guess. What can I do please. I wish I could restore it to its factory setting but it can't just come on
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:59pm On Aug 04, 2010
JUO:

download and install your problems are solved http://www.free-codecs.com/download/k_lite_codec_pack.htm

This good tool. : wink
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 05, 2010
Cupidkc:

I hv been tryin 2 boot my lappy bt no show. Afta pressin d power button it displays 'Hp invent it says press ESC 2 change boot order, f2 for setup,n f12 to boot 4rm LAN.' I hv tried al ds bt no show. Sm1 plz hlp o o!

hello friend
there might be a problem with you boot configuration in that case you will have to rearrange your boot order to system default.
and also when was the last time the system booted up properly
that can enable you to understand where to start resolving the issue
pls give more details,
thanks
enzo01:

am usin acer 4420 extensa 4rmally vista n i 4matted id to xp. pls where can i download wireless driver and vga driver for my acer. thanks
vist acers website and browse for the drivers
thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3kay945(m): 11:03am On Aug 05, 2010
pls anyone with tor setting should kindly send it to my mail. sksaladin@yahoo.com i wil surely apppreciate it. thanksss
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Slyr0x: 12:19pm On Aug 05, 2010
3kay945:

pls anyone with tor setting should kindly send it to my mail. sksaladin@yahoo.com i wil surely apppreciate it. thanksss

Wrong thread.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by abariko1(m): 1:12pm On Aug 05, 2010
I am a user of Compaq precisely presario c700, with window vista installed but always asking me for activation, meanwhile, when I first bought the system I didn't see any product key sticker which I suppose to see my product key, so right now as i am typing this complain I have only one (1) day left for me to activate my windows, so I want you people to help me on how I will go about it, cos I am really getting worried about this situation. Also the antivirus that came with it (Avast) also need registration. Help your brother man please.
thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.