Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,467 members, 7,836,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1277890 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:18pm On Jul 20, 2010
meetmuyiwa:

Thanks a lot Mr. Deji. I was able to use your solution and it worked. but not for all systems. For the other systems, this is what i found out.
The systems that could be connected have these properties under NETWORK PRPERTIES/Association/ Network Authentication: 'Open', 'Shared','WPA','WPA-PSK','WPA2' and 'WPA2-PSK' BUT the systems that are still ot connected do not have the 'WPA2' aand 'WPA2-PSK' options.
Please i want to know if the problem is from the system or from the Router setting. pls gv me a simple step by step methods of how to rectify this. Thanks a lot

Hi,

Is from your wireless router best bet call a computer technician to check the settings
or contact your internet service provider. This is my recommendation. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:31pm On Jul 20, 2010
Dear Ben-10,

RE: Keyboard keys

Thank you for the above enquiry and do appreciate your explanations.

How is the keys not working. e.g. some work some don't

All keys not working or pressing a key bring up another letters/numbers
you don't need. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Doptimist2: 2:38pm On Jul 20, 2010
@ Deji2009

Thanks for your prompt response.

Do you have good internet connection ?

Is it mtn, Zain broaband router or 3G or

phone modem. for the other issue

Yes, I make use of Vsat connection(wireless network) @ work place.

Step 2: Rename the Windows Update Softwaredistribution folder
================================================
This problem may occur if the Windows Update Software distribution folder has been corrupted. We can refer to the following steps to rename this folder. Please note that the folder will be re-created the next time we visit the Windows Update site.

1. Close all the open windows.
2. Click the Start Button, click "All programs", and click "Accessories".
3. Right-click "Command Prompt", and click "Run as administrator".
4. In "Administrator: Command Prompt" window, type in "net stop WuAuServ" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

Note: Please look at the cmd window and make sure it says that it was successfully stopped before we try to rename the folder. However, if it fails, please let me know before performing any further steps and include any error messages you may have received when it failed.

5. Click the Start Button, in the "Start Search" box, type in "%windir%" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
6. In the opened folder, look for the folder named "SoftwareDistribution".
7. Right-click on the folder, select Rename and type "SDold" (without the quotes) to rename this folder.
8. While still in the "Administrator: Command Prompt" window, type the command "net start WuAuServ" (without the quotes) in the opened window to restart the Windows Updates service.

Note: Please look at the cmd window and make sure it says that it was successfully started

I've tried all these but still not working. Also after doing all these I discovered that another SoftwareDistribution folder was created automatically but the contents are different. I don't know whether to delete the new one created or to allow it like that. I wish there was another way to solve this.

Thanks man,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:41pm On Jul 20, 2010
Re: Post Your Computer Troubles Here.
« #2031 on: Yesterday at 06:29:54 AM »  

my dv5 when connected to a network and you put on the wireless connection for other computers arround it get connected, but my computer detected my wireless adapter faulty

i have formatted - reinstall, but same problem, can anyone give me a way out

johnbreaka@gmail.com

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the above enquiry and would like to clarify either you're not
able to connect to wirless networks, connected but cant display the web page
wirless lights is orange as suppose to Blue[color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color

Meanwhile try this

Click start > run > and type in

devmgmt.msc press enter until

you see device manager any ? or !
mark

To fully disable the windows firewall do this:
1. go to control panel
2. double click windows firewallpply
3. put a check in box to turn it off
4. click all the other tabs and uncheck EVERYTHING
5. OK or Apply to exit.
6. go to services and set windows firewall to stopped & disabled.
7. open Task Manager > Processes Tab > verify alg.exe (win firewall) is not there.

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:46pm On Jul 20, 2010
D-optimist:

@ Deji2009

Thanks for your prompt response.

Yes, I make use of Vsat connection(wireless network) @ work place.

I've tried all these but still not working. Also after doing all these I discovered that another SoftwareDistribution folder was created automatically but the contents are different. I don't know whether to delete the new one created or to allow it like that. I wish there was another way to solve this.

Thanks man,

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm afraid i don't know while this has happened and would
recommend going to your local computer shop. They are
professional like other professions make use of them for further
support. I'm 60% sure there's something you're not telling or missing
out. so far 4 diagnostics has failed to resolve this issue.Also we've checked
your system date and time and you confirm all set ok. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:02pm On Jul 20, 2010

Please,i try installing my hp deskjet D2563 using the software.while installing, this message occurred 'fatal error during installation'.I have done all that hp ask me to do even download the latest driver in solving the problem yet i can not install  the printer.Please i need your assistance.

Dear Obraye,

RE: Pinter Setup

Thank you for the above enquiry. Here's your diagnostics in narrowing down the cause.

Is this XP or Vista. click start > run and type in msinfo32 or msinfo and press enter scrool
down to check your computer Memory is it 32MB or 512 MB.

One at a time

www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01783189&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3571293">http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01783189&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3571293

www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&softwareitem=mp-82717-1">http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&softwareitem=mp-82717-1

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tolahood9(m): 3:31pm On Jul 20, 2010
Hi, when i tried to install the pc suite of my nokia phone, my system restarted and when i tried it again my system went off. When i switched on the system, it could not boot the windows. The system recommends its reparation but it does not finish repairing even if i leave it for a whole night. My friends told me that i have to format my system but i dont wish to delete all my information. PLEASE HELP ME OUT.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Doptimist2: 3:54pm On Jul 20, 2010
@ Deji2009

Thanks for your help so far, I wish I knew what I'm missing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by foxteroh: 7:35pm On Jul 20, 2010
Pls house, my hp dv2000 can't display on the monitor. what may be the problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by PREVOYANCE: 1:15pm On Jul 22, 2010
hi,
please im having problems with my laptop.its hp 550 core 2 dou.i recently noticed that the battery which normaly lasts me for about 3hours suddenly dropped to 2hrs,1hr,later about 30minutes and now it doesnt even come up again.im thinking its the battery.but what baffles me is that even when plugged,it doesnt even switch on at all.atleast from what im thinking,even if the battery is flat,that doesnt stop it from swicthing on when plugged to the electricity.before then,i noticed that when plugged,its shows that its plugged but doesnt charge. it will indicate that its plugged from the battery icon at the lower left side of the screen,but the normal yellow light that switches on from the charging port doesnt come on.please i want to really confirm from IT gurus here if trully its a battery problem or theres more to it.
please help!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunnex190: 1:50pm On Jul 22, 2010
I hail gurus in the house. I am on Windows7. I just noticed yesterday nite when i was about to connect my lappy to the internet that both my IE and mozilla keep saying '514 authentication required' when i'm conneted. i tried it severally and it keeps showing this. What could be the cause and how can i solve the problem? I normally connect to the internet with MTN+YF.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by topeorekoy(m): 2:28pm On Jul 22, 2010
Please can someone help me with my AOL browser? its always saying not connected but i have internet connection
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunnex190: 3:14pm On Jul 22, 2010
This's the s.s

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 4:03pm On Jul 22, 2010
topeorekoy:

Please can someone help me with my AOL browser? its always saying not connected but i have internet connection
Are you using dial up for your AOL? or do you have broadband
if you have dial up you will have to go online through the AOL software by entering you username and passowrd and attemp to logon if that doesn't work you can just change you set up by changing the local number the software dials when it attempts to get you online.

if you are using broadband, just uninstall and reinstall the aol software or better yet you shouldn't need their software just go online and sign in at the aol site.

p.s i had a free AOL account that was hacked and my password was changed and i couldn't get it back because AOL said they only fix paid accounts. So maybe you got hacked
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 4:16pm On Jul 22, 2010
tunnex190:

I hail gurus in the house. I am on Windows7. I just noticed yesterday nite when i was about to connect my lappy to the internet that both my IE and mozilla keep saying '514 authentication required' when i'm conneted. i tried it severally and it keeps showing this. What could be the cause and how can i solve the problem? I normally connect to the internet with MTN+YF.
Do you use a proxy server? if you do then that is where your problem is. You will need to change some kind setting in the proxy to have access i think it's a port number check with your internet service provider to get the correct port number so you can put it in and have access again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KemiAdeyeye: 10:43am On Jul 23, 2010
please my computer can no longer be shared. that is to say the LAN on my computer for internet sharing is no longer fuctioning and i can't even locate the LAN on my system i use p4 compaq please help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KemiAdeyeye: 11:18am On Jul 23, 2010
please help me my LAN is no longer working i can'teven locate it again and i am finding it difficult to share my internet connection please help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gessense(m): 12:51pm On Jul 23, 2010
Kemi Adeyeye:

please my computer can no longer be shared. that is to say the LAN on my computer for internet sharing is no longer fuctioning and i can't even locate the LAN on my system i use p4 compaq please help me

Are you talking about the W-Lan? give the specifications so one can know what could be wrong.

Any way You may try this out

1 Open your internet connection settings.

2 Click the Connections tab, and then click Never dial a connection.

3 Click LAN Settings.

4 Under Automatic configuration, clear the Automatically detect settings and Use automatic configuration script check boxes.

5 Under Proxy server, clear the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box.

Hope it Helps

Is your once charming laptop computer running slow or you need laptop repair help? Do you know you can repair your own laptop and discover where you can get cheap laptops repair parts.
click here   
http://tinurl.com/lapsolutions
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gessense(m): 1:02pm On Jul 23, 2010
PREVOYANCE:

hi,
  please im having problems with my laptop.its hp 550 core 2 dou.i recently noticed that the battery which normaly lasts me for about 3hours suddenly dropped to 2hrs,1hr,later about 30minutes and now it doesnt even come up again.im thinking its the battery.but what baffles me is that even when plugged,it doesnt even switch on at all.atleast from what im thinking,even if the battery is flat,that doesnt stop it from swicthing on when plugged to the electricity.before then,i noticed that when plugged,its shows that its plugged but doesnt charge. it will indicate that its plugged from the battery icon at the lower left side of the screen,but the normal yellow light that switches on from the charging port doesnt come on.please i want to really confirm from IT gurus here if trully its a battery problem or theres more to it.
   please help!

No ! Try to look for a battery to test it and see what happens. If that does not solve it something may be wrong with the power pack.

Is your once charming laptop computer running slow or you need laptop repair help? Do you know you can repair your own laptop and discover where you can get cheap laptops repair parts.
click here   
http:///lapsolutions
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by frs6688: 10:08pm On Jul 23, 2010
My computer is running slower and slower!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by PREVOYANCE: 10:00am On Jul 24, 2010
gessense:

No ! Try to look for a battery to test it and see what happens. If that does not solve it something may be wrong with the power pack.

click here   
http:///lapsolutions

@gessense,
thanks bro.i used a friends battery to start it and it came on.but when i tried charging it with my charger,it dint charge at all.it dint even indicate that its been plugged.meanwhile,i put my own battery in my friends laptop and charged it.it also dint charge but it was able to boot.and it indicated ac but not charging.i think the problem is pfrom the charging port,and it has finally affected my battery.my battery is now damaged.please correct me if im wrong.what do i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunnex190: 5:50pm On Jul 24, 2010
Thanks @omega25red.

Can someone here tell me how to use wireless on a laptop to connect to the internet? I mean how i can use wireless to tap a particular network connection in my area. I need some tutorials please.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skbsend: 11:08pm On Jul 25, 2010
i mistakely delete sound device from my laptop.my laptop is nomore given any form of sound atll.when i insert a cd it respound this erro msg"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly. pls i help on hw i can install it back or mend the problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 1:06am On Jul 26, 2010
skbsend:

i mistakely delete sound device from my laptop.my laptop is nomore given any form of sound atll.when i insert a cd it respound this erro msg"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly. pls i help on hw i can install it back or mend the problem.
If you simply uninstalled it, it should still be in your drivers cache folder and an automatic install (automatically search and install) should put it back.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rohit123: 2:19pm On Jul 26, 2010
hey friend my computer have create a problem. My computer shows the malware attacks many time what should i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3kay945(m): 6:25pm On Jul 26, 2010
i need help of the gurus in the house. pls i downloaded freedom lastest version with internet download accelerator, the download was complete but my system failed to install it becos of the extension. it came like dis 'freedom-20100720-01.exe.IDAfr' pls what can be done to get dis right. thanksss
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Smartsboy(m): 8:54pm On Jul 26, 2010
smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Vokate: 11:25pm On Jul 26, 2010
please can anyone help me with msword 2003 product key
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunnex190: 12:08am On Jul 27, 2010
How can i use wireless to tap a network connection in my area. i need some tutorials on it please.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by puskin: 1:37am On Jul 27, 2010
mMmm??. . .tunnex. . be careful!!

U want to practise "illegal things".
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by falansa: 3:28am On Jul 27, 2010
Pls how much will it cost me to repair Hp compac 615 screen cox my lappy screen is cracked and I need to know d repair price before going to computer village to repair it. i'm currently in Ogbomoso

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.