Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,312 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1277705 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Doptimist2: 3:54pm On Jul 16, 2010
Dear Deji2009,
please haven't you found a solution to my problem? I really need help on it.

I can update my PC, each time I try to update I get this error message.

code: 8024402f
windows update encountered an unknown error.

I'm using windows vista, 32bit

Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by owolaborn(m): 9:18pm On Jul 16, 2010
Yeah i have got an Hp system with a flex prob shaking here and there snd i need an advice
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by phemmy88(m): 11:22pm On Jul 16, 2010
Professor Deji! U 're really wonderful, ur tutorial sworks, thx a million!
One more thing Plz. 1. Rait now i have 2 operating system, how can i erase the previous version
2. Is there anyway i can restore my previous applications. 10ks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sunop624(m): 6:45am On Jul 17, 2010
PLZ CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH MY YAHOO ACCT. IF I SEND A MAIL TO ANYONE AND THEY ARE TO REPLY ME, THE REPLY WILL GO TO THIS ADDRESS: ''sarahmike92@live.com'' . MAYBE THEY HACKED IT AND ANY REPLY SENT TO MY MAIL BOX GOES TO ''sarahmike92@live.com'' . PLZ HW DO I CHANGE THESE REPLY ADDRESS. I DON'T KNOW ANY ''SARAHMIKE'' . PLZ ANYONE WITH ANY USEFUL INFO SHLD KINDLY MAIL ME: sunop624@yahoo.com.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by PCbusayo(f): 9:22am On Jul 17, 2010
Guys pls help! I use a windows vista wit a Hp compaq desktop. About a week ago my younger broda tries to compress d drive c:// which he didn't even completed bt since den my P.C av nt been able to booth .the msg it gives is dat d booth files hav been compresed n dat i should press Alt+Ctrl+del to restart, bt if i press it it restart and display the msg again! What should i do pls!

Please note: I'm using a colleague user name pending the
release of my ID [b]dejisunday2009
from spybot, [/b]

Dear Phemmy,

Thank you for your recent enquiry and do appreciate your explanations.
I replied yesterday and am suprise is not here. anywau here's your diags

You need a Vista DVD sir. inset the disk restart the computer
and the rest is automatic. keep eye's on the screen for instructions

Choose repair my computer or start up automatically which can take an hour
to complete. This usuallysolves most problem. I recommend you have or get a dvd
that correspond to your operating type. 70/100 that should solve the problem.

As the saying goes there are many ways to do things. if still no joy pop the disk in
and select command prompt. make sure dvd is still in and type bootrec \ fixboot press
enter until you get a successful message then bootrec \fixmbr press enter until you get a
successfully message. remove the disk and restart your computer then test. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by PCbusayo(f): 9:25am On Jul 17, 2010
Guys pls help! I use a windows vista wit a Hp compaq desktop. About a week ago my younger broda tries to compress d drive c:// which he didn't even completed bt since den my P.C av nt been able to booth .the msg it gives is dat d booth files hav been compresed n dat i should press Alt+Ctrl+del to restart, bt if i press it it restart and display the msg again! What should i do pls!

Please note: I'm using a colleague user name pending the
release of my ID [b]dejisunday2009
from spybot, [/b]

Dear Phemmy,

Thank you for your recent enquiry and do appreciate your explanations.
I replied yesterday and am suprise is not here. anywau here's your diags

You need a Vista DVD sir. inset the disk restart the computer
and the rest is automatic. keep eye's on the screen for instructions

Choose repair my computer or start up automatically which can take an hour
to complete. This usuallysolves most problem. I recommend you have or get a dvd
that correspond to your operating type. 70/100 that should solve the problem.

As the saying goes there are many ways to do things. if still no joy pop the disk in
and select command prompt. make sure dvd is still in and type bootrec \ fixboot press
enter until you get a successful message then bootrec \fixmbr press enter until you get a
successfully message. remove the disk and restart your computer then test. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hassymo5(m): 9:54am On Jul 17, 2010
i need vga display driver for my nec versapro vy22s/rl-l, im willing to pay
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Richardsop(m): 7:59pm On Jul 17, 2010
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by obraye: 8:29pm On Jul 17, 2010
Please,i try installing my hp deskjet D2563 using the software.while installing, this message occurred 'fatal error during installation'.I have done all that hp ask me to do even download the latest driver in solving the problem yet i can not install the printer.Please i need your assistance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Knight1(m): 8:53pm On Jul 17, 2010
hey. i just got a toshiba like a month back and now i installed eset 4. need advise on which firewall i should use, the eset or the windows firewall. already deactivated the windows defender for the eset. thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by UgoOssai: 2:53pm On Jul 18, 2010
Pls I need help! 1. I need key for registry mechanic 9.
2. My windows defender can't initialize, it says  'Application failed to initialize: 0x80070006. The handle is invalid'
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by breaka: 6:29am On Jul 19, 2010
my dv5 when connected to a network and you put on the wireless connection for other computers arround it get connected, but my computer detected my wireless adapter faulty lipsrsealed

i have formatted - reinstall, but same problem, can anyone give me a way out

johnbreaka@gmail.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tipsydude(m): 9:26am On Jul 19, 2010
@ deji2009

hey man, i've tried the re-install on my MacBook Air with the installation cd dat came along with my lappy but i ran into some hitches, when re-installing, i was given d option to archive and install or erase and install, i went with d archive n install option and the system started a consistency check, only 4 it to get to 44% and indicated that it could not read the disk that i should eject the disk, clean it and restart, i attempted this 3 more times and the farthest i got was 57% b4 d same message so i started afresh and went for the erase and install so as to avoid the consistency check but i keep getting the same message @ a particular point, this lappy is giving me sleepless nights, am counting on u 2 point me in d nxt direction solution wise, tnx!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ben13: 9:33am On Jul 19, 2010
Some of my Laptop keys are not working.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Doptimist2: 10:09am On Jul 19, 2010
Pls I need serial for Internet Download Manager 518.

Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kaybaba5(m): 11:10am On Jul 19, 2010
@optimist, u beta go for crack version, that is wat am usin now
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by richcode: 3:49pm On Jul 19, 2010
if you scan ur computer system everyday and there is always 1 virus whenever u scan what is the cause
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 7:37pm On Jul 19, 2010
^^^^False positives maybe.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:31am On Jul 20, 2010
Skydancer, how do you open a verified PayPal Account from Nigeria?, i repair computers myself so i won't trouble you with hardware or softwre related probems, if you don't mind.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by meetmuyiwa(m): 10:35am On Jul 20, 2010
deji2009:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the above enquiry and do appreciate your explanations.
Before you continue take time to read what have typed. Ok, Here's it is

After about 30 minutes of fiddling around with my spare laptop, I was able to figure out what the problem was. Here’s how to connect to your wireless router if you are getting this message.

Click on the Wireless Networks tab and select the network in the list at the bottom. Click on Properties once you select the wireless network that is having problems.

Click on the Authentication tab and now uncheck the Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network box. If the box was checked, then that was why you were getting the unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network message because Windows is looking for one, but your wireless router is not setup for certificate security.

Good luck

Thanks a lot Mr. Deji. I was able to use ur solution and it worked. but not for all systems. For the other systems, this is what i found out.
The systems that could be connected have these properties under NETWORK PRPERTIES/Association/ Network Authentication: 'Open', 'Shared','WPA','WPA-PSK','WPA2' and 'WPA2-PSK' BUT the systems that are still ot connected do not have the 'WPA2' aand 'WPA2-PSK' options.
Please i want to know if the problem is from the system or from the Router setting. pls gv me a simple step by step methods of how to rectify this. Thanks a lot

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by meetmuyiwa(m): 10:48am On Jul 20, 2010
Gud day again. my laptop sudenly started giving this error message. "Windows explorer has stoped working" then "Windows is restarting". it keeps doing that over and over again. i cant access anything on the system. iv done system restore but it ddnt work. i entered through Safe Mode but the error message was still there. the only tools i can access are the Task manager and 'Safe mode with DOS command'. im about to copy my files to another hard disk and maybe try using system recorvery (which i dont know wht will hapen after that). pls if u are farmiliar wth this problem help me with solutions. thanks a lot.
(i use an HP Conpaq Presario CQ61 with Windows Vista Basic.) pls also note tht i dont hv access to any windows vista CD right now.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Doptimist2: 12:45pm On Jul 20, 2010
Please house can anyone help on these problems.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:35pm On Jul 20, 2010
tipsydude:

@ deji2009

hey man, i've tried the re-install on my MacBook Air with the installation cd dat came along with my lappy but i ran into some hitches, when re-installing, i was given d option to archive and install or erase and install, i went with d archive n install option and the system started a consistency check, only 4 it to get to 44% and indicated that it could not read the disk that i should eject the disk, clean it and restart, i attempted this 3 more times and the farthest i got was 57% b4 d same message so i started afresh and went for the erase and install so as to avoid the consistency check but i keep getting the same message @ a particular point, this lappy is giving me sleepless nights, am counting on u 2 point me in d nxt direction solution wise, tnx!!!

Dear tipsydude,

For further support refer to http://www.apple.com/uk/support/macbookair/

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:42pm On Jul 20, 2010
Dear D-optimist,

RE:windows Defender update

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924123

Do you have good internet connection ?

Is it mtn, Zain broaband router or 3G or

phone modem. for the other issue

Source: microsoft ( The diagnostics you're about to
perform is not mine however i do recommend you follow
it in fixing the problem

1. The Windows Update service has been stopped.
2. Corrupted Windows Update Temporary folder.

In order to narrow down the cause of this issue and resolve it, please refer to the following steps. After finishing each step, please check the result again on the Windows Update website.

NOTE: Some third party programs can affect the Windows Update service. If you are running any third party applications such as Spyblocker, Internet or web accelerators (programs designed to boost the speed of the Internet connection), security or anti-virus programs (Norton, McAfee, etc.), I recommend we temporarily disable or shut them down and then try accessing Windows Update later. Please understand that we are disabling these programs only for the purpose of troubleshooting and we can re-enable these programs after we finish troubleshooting.

Step 1: Verify the relevant Windows Update services
=======================================
1. Click the Start Button, in Start Search box, type: "services.msc" (without quotes) and press Enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
2. Double click the service "Windows Update".
3. Click on the "General" tab; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the "Start" button under "Service Status" to start the service.
4. Please repeat the above steps with the "Background Intelligent Transfer Service" service.

You can also temporarily stop these services, restart the computer, and then start these services again. If any service is missing or cannot be stopped or restarted, please let me know.

Step 2: Rename the Windows Update Softwaredistribution folder
================================================
This problem may occur if the Windows Update Software distribution folder has been corrupted. We can refer to the following steps to rename this folder. Please note that the folder will be re-created the next time we visit the Windows Update site.

1. Close all the open windows.
2. Click the Start Button, click "All programs", and click "Accessories".
3. Right-click "Command Prompt", and click "Run as administrator".
4. In "Administrator: Command Prompt" window, type in "net stop WuAuServ" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

Note: Please look at the cmd window and make sure it says that it was successfully stopped before we try to rename the folder. However, if it fails, please let me know before performing any further steps and include any error messages you may have received when it failed.

5. Click the Start Button, in the "Start Search" box, type in "%windir%" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
6. In the opened folder, look for the folder named "SoftwareDistribution".
7. Right-click on the folder, select Rename and type "SDold" (without the quotes) to rename this folder.
8. While still in the "Administrator: Command Prompt" window, type the command "net start WuAuServ" (without the quotes) in the opened window to restart the Windows Updates service.

Note: Please look at the cmd window and make sure it says that it was successfully started

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:12pm On Jul 20, 2010
meetmuyiwa:

Gud day again. my laptop sudenly started giving this error message. "Windows explorer has stoped working" then "Windows is restarting". it keeps doing that over and over again. i cant access anything on the system. iv done system restore but it ddnt work. i entered through Safe Mode but the error message was still there. the only tools i can access are the Task manager and 'Safe mode with DOS command'. im about to copy my files to another hard disk and maybe try using system recorvery (which i dont know wht will hapen after that). pls if u are farmiliar wth this problem help me with solutions. thanks a lot.
(i use an HP Conpaq Presario CQ61 with Windows Vista Basic.) pls also note tht i dont hv access to any windows vista CD right now.

Dear Muyiwa,

Thank you for the above enquiry and do appreciate your explanations. your model type
has a hard drive test installed at the time of system built. To access this connect
your charger and turn it on and repeatedly pressing F10 on your keyboard until you
come to Bios setup utility and look for diagnostics then primary hard drive self test> go for
long as suppose to short. If the test pass then hard disk is fine and is down to a software issue

Precaution (Loss of data)

Restart again and make sure charger is connected and keep on F11 to access Hard drive recovery
partiton you"ll see welcome to recover manager and choose recovery without backup. This option
will not appear by pressig F11 if you have upgarded your system from vista basic to ultimate hence a
need for Vista CD/DVD requirement. Good luck

Good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.