Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (688) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1269056 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samask64: 8:52pm On Mar 21, 2016
pls help me. my hp laptop anytime i insert any software disc in to it, it will load it as empty disc. i just try window 7 and mega 14 disc in it now and it come up as empty disc, what should i do pls help me it very urgent because i need to install one application for my project
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by youseuph(m): 9:11pm On Mar 21, 2016
I have an issue with my Hp pavilion dv6 bluetooth. It can transfer data to other devices via blutooth but it's nt receiving. But when I try assessing the 'my bluetooth settings' in the control panel it's not responding.

Pls how do I go about it? Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by donpata(m): 9:41pm On Mar 21, 2016
hi gurus. I bought a freedos laptop from jumia and I tried to install windows. win 10 installed but I hate it. refuses almost all my software installs due to compatibility. I decided to use win 7. tried installing from flash but after loading, it gives me an error saying ""A required CD/ DVD drive device driver is missing". I've search online and tried all solutions I saw but no way. I decided to get a win 7dvd thinking its cos of flash, still, same problem. spent 2 days on this already. laptop is Acer aspire e5-571. thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 10:20pm On Mar 21, 2016
First, verify that both installation media are not defective by trying them on another PC.

Go to your laptop's manufacturer's website and download device drivers for the motherboard. Save them to a flash drive and browse to the location when you encounter the error.

donpata:
hi gurus. I bought a freedos laptop from jumia and I tried to install windows. win 10 installed but I hate it. refuses almost all my software installs due to compatibility. I decided to use win 7. tried installing from flash but after loading, it gives me an error saying ""A required CD/ DVD drive device driver is missing". I've search online and tried all solutions I saw but no way. I decided to get a win 7dvd thinking its cos of flash, still, same problem. spent 2 days on this already. laptop is Acer aspire e5-571. thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 10:45pm On Mar 21, 2016
Sounds like the discs were burned at very high speed and your internal disc drive cannot keep up.

Try an external disc drive or a different installation disc.

samask64:
pls help me. my hp laptop anytime i insert any software disc in to it, it will load it as empty disc. i just try window 7 and mega 14 disc in it now and it come up as empty disc, what should i do pls help me it very urgent because i need to install one application for my project
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 10:49pm On Mar 21, 2016
What error message are you getting when you try to transfer data from other devices?

youseuph:
I have an issue with my Hp pavilion dv6 bluetooth. It can transfer data to other devices via blutooth but it's nt receiving. But when I try assessing the 'my bluetooth settings' in the control panel it's not responding.

Pls how do I go about it? Thanks

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VITALYSTA(m): 11:01pm On Mar 21, 2016
try this
before u confirm sending an item from ur phone, go to the task bar and double-click on the Bluetooth icon, click on receive file from the pop-up. then go ahead and confirm sending from ur fone to PC. thank u
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samask64: 11:31pm On Mar 21, 2016
shawlxAk:
Sounds like the discs were burned at very high speed and your internal disc drive cannot keep up.

Try an external disc drive or a different installation disc.

thanks i will try an external disc drive
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Franky826: 11:43pm On Mar 21, 2016
purplekayc:
doesn't work.

Works but doesn't tell you where the file is saved, try browsing you document files, I did mine some time ago the thin just saved in Dropbox. But if it's s web page you trying to capture and you use Google chrome just download an extension for it. They are plenty
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 11:47pm On Mar 21, 2016
Franky826:

Works but doesn't tell you where the file is saved, try browsing you document files, I did mine some time ago the thin just saved in Dropbox. But if it's s web page you trying to capture and you use Google chrome just download an extension for it. They are plenty
I don search tire.
Already using snipping tool
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:48pm On Mar 21, 2016
donpata:
thats a simple one but very technical...not driver related as most people tink...
you will have to invoke an elevated dos "cmd with admin privilege" during installation and enter the "diskpart" environment
actually the "clean" command in diskpart mode resolves this issue but as i said it technical cuz u may wrongly wipe other tins
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Franky826: 11:50pm On Mar 21, 2016
kobendy:
Kindly help me out, whenever I shutdown my pc it will reboot automatically.

Try this; windows button + R, then type 'shutdown -s' if it works you know what to do Shey? And if e no work see your PC engineer grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:04am On Mar 22, 2016
VITALYSTA:
try this
before u confirm sending an item from ur phone, go to the task bar and double-click on the Bluetooth icon, click on receive file from the pop-up. then go ahead and confirm sending from ur fone to PC. thank u
"A required CD/ DVD drive device driver is missing" by donpata is a perfect example of what i was discussing with u on phone today...the power of Dos and programming as it relates to modern day computing and how it makes u more powerful than just the basic windows user...
take it as a case study and maybe later...i can personally show u in person...if u check many threads on google...u will read the major causes are what shawlax described..true only by 5% occurrence but wen u use a MD5 or sha1 to authenticate your downloaded iso and u even eliminate the possibility of a fake flash and download all the drivers in the world and yet u dont get any answer then u begin to wonder deeper...
read between the lines of my response with him an use that to empower urself in ur quest to know...
familiarise urself with the DISKPART MODE and in this case pause it at the "clean" command..
good luck....i hope u can make it on time so u can give donpata the rest of the answer/guidelines...
there is no knowledge that is not power-mortal kombat
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Franky826: 12:29am On Mar 22, 2016
agoro2u:
gurus pls assist me on how to uninstall Kaspersky antivirus 2015 that requires password b4 i can uninstall it and i dnt av ideal of password used.

Try uninstalling with 'revo unistaller'
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by donpata(m): 5:03am On Mar 22, 2016
sameolg616:

"A required CD/ DVD drive device driver is missing" by donpata is a perfect example of what i was discussing with u on phone today...the power of Dos and programming as it relates to modern day computing and how it makes u more powerful than just the basic windows user...
take it as a case study and maybe later...i can personally show u in person...if u check many threads on google...u will read the major causes are what shawlax described..true only by 5% occurrence but wen u use a MD5 or sha1 to authenticate your downloaded iso and u even eliminate the possibility of a fake flash and download all the drivers in the world and yet u dont get any answer then u begin to wonder deeper...
read between the lines of my response with him an use that to empower urself in ur quest to know...
familiarise urself with the DISKPART MODE and in this case pause it at the "clean" command..
good luck....i hope u can make it on time so u can give donpata the rest of the answer/guidelines...
there is no knowledge that is not power-mortal kombat
I used shift+f10 to get to cmd. did the disk part and clean commands. returned but my problem still persists
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 6:41am On Mar 22, 2016
samask64:

You have to clean your cd rom lens with spirit and white handkerchief, if it's not working also you have to change cd rom then...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by youseuph(m): 10:11am On Mar 22, 2016
shawlxAk:
What error message are you getting when you try to transfer data from other devices?

Transfer cancelled.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Greg007(m): 10:14am On Mar 22, 2016
Pls I need answer asap. My laptop refuse to connect to my phone hotspot. I have don every tin I knw. When i remove my hotspot password it will connect but will show no or limited access on my laptop. I use a techno m5 and my laptop is HP compact. Any help pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:10pm On Mar 22, 2016
donpata:

I used shift+f10 to get to cmd. did the disk part and clean commands. returned but my problem still persists
i dint say diskpart + clean was the solution.....there are steps before the clean which u obviously omitted....
u can call me on 08061679732 wen ur on the system for guidance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by agoro2u: 10:42pm On Mar 22, 2016
Franky826:

Try uninstalling with 'revo unistaller'
thanks bro. the first previous option av solved d problem. thanks

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by youseuph(m): 11:38pm On Mar 22, 2016
VITALYSTA:
try this

Thanks. It's still not working. The bluetooth icon is not even showing on the task bar
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Raphoeworld: 6:09pm On Mar 23, 2016
GOOGLE ANNOUNCED TO REMOVE CHROME APP LAUCHER FROM COMPUTERS SOON http://www.panstech.com/2016/03/google-announced-to-remove-chrome-app-laucher.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by laykside: 8:13pm On Mar 23, 2016
I downloaded kms to activate my windiws 8.1, tryd it lyk 3 tyms buh it ddnt install and wen i turn my Kaspersky bck on, it identifyz lyk 5 problems...wat do i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BushDoctor123: 8:39pm On Mar 23, 2016
Pls adm. I don't know if this is the right place to post my problem. I have a Toshiba Window 8 ultrabook laptop core 13 (the type that looks like an iPad, you can slide it to reveal the keypad, it has no CD/DVD ROM only USB slot). The problem is when it is powered on it only shows "Password=_" at the top left hand corner of the screen without displaying the window logo. Some one told me it is asking for an administrators password. Pls can any tech guru in the house help me out with the password? pls & pls I need your help asap.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 6:39am On Mar 24, 2016
BushDoctor123:
Pls adm. I don't know if this is the right place to post my problem. I have a Toshiba Window 8 ultrabook laptop core 13 (the type that looks like an iPad, you can slide it to reveal the keypad, it has no CD/DVD ROM only USB slot). The problem is when it is powered on it only shows "Password=_" at the top left hand corner of the screen without displaying the window logo. Some one told me it is asking for an administrators password. Pls can any tech guru in the house help me out with the password? pls & pls I need your help asap.

It's requesting a Logon password, which was probably set by the previous owner.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BushDoctor123: 8:28am On Mar 24, 2016
Lexusgs430:

I think so, but it is not displaying any other info except "Password=_" at the top left corner. When attempting to boot when powered on, it will attempt to display "Toshiba Loading Innovation>>>" info for say one second before switching to the Password=_ sign.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by WeldHome: 9:08am On Mar 24, 2016
shawlxAk:
sameolg616:

i dint say diskpart + clean was the solution.....there are steps before the clean which u obviously omitted....
u can call me on 08061679732 wen ur on the system for guidance
Lexusgs430:

Hello Sir, good morning..

I woke up this morning put on my laptop. It turned on but while trying to charge it, it wouldn't charge. Now the ba3 is flat but it won't still charge. I tested the charger with a voltmeter and it was working, I removed the laptop ba3 and plugged directly, the ba3 signal showed white light (which usually displayed when the ba3 is almost fully charged), but wouldn't turn on. This still indicates that the charger is working but system is not charging.

What should I do to fix this problem? Thank you in advance..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VITALYSTA(m): 9:57am On Mar 24, 2016
u need to see an EXPERIENCED engineer to check on ur board. anyway, when last did u use d PC b4 this morning?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by WeldHome: 11:23am On Mar 24, 2016
VITALYSTA:
u need to see an EXPERIENCED engineer to check on ur board.
anyway, when last did u use d PC b4 this morning?

I used it till 10pm yesterday..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BushDoctor123: 12:24pm On Mar 24, 2016
Pls computer gurus kindly help me out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 12:25pm On Mar 24, 2016
The charger might be working, but it might not be delivering the correct voltage. So, you can start by borrowing a similar adapter from someone and testing the system with it.

If it doesn't power on still, then find a way to charge your battery or borrow a similar one and then test it on your computer. Let me know your findings.

WeldHome:

Hello Sir, good morning..

I woke up this morning put on my laptop. It turned on but while trying to charge it, it wouldn't charge. Now the ba3 is flat but it won't still charge. I tested the charger with a voltmeter and it was working, I removed the laptop ba3 and plugged directly, the ba3 signal showed white light (which usually displayed when the ba3 is almost fully charged), but wouldn't turn on. This still indicates that the charger is working but system is not charging.

What should I do to fix this problem? Thank you in advance..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 12:32pm On Mar 24, 2016
If it's your PC, then you should know the password. If you got it from someone, reach out to that person for the password.

BushDoctor123:

(1) (2) (3) ... (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.