Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,164 members, 7,811,373 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (772) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1264381 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gemc3(f): 11:35pm On Dec 04, 2016
kinglekan:

Yeah...Hit enter and let it run

OK. Tho its just staring at me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kinglekan: 11:40pm On Dec 04, 2016
Gemc3:

OK. Tho its just staring at me

Most likely because its trying to read the hard drive sectors. Give it sometime tho, lets see what happens.

Normally it should run instantly but this shows the drive is in a critical state.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gemc3(f): 11:42pm On Dec 04, 2016
kinglekan:

Most likely because its trying to read the hard drive sectors. Give it sometime tho, lets see what happens.

Normally it should run instantly but this shows the drive is in a critical state.

Really? Gosh. OK. Patiently waiting
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gemc3(f): 11:49pm On Dec 04, 2016
Will keep on trying it. Will keep you posted on any development. Aren't you feeling sleepy? Kinglekan

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kinglekan: 11:50pm On Dec 04, 2016
Gemc3:

Really? Gosh. OK. Patieny

lol..yeah patience, but don't get your hopes high.

In the mean time minimize the command line window and check if the ext drive is still showing under "My Computer". If its still there, place your hand on the ext drive and feel it for a vibration or spin. If there is no vibration or spin then I doubt Windows would be able to fix it.

If there is a vibration follow the steps I typed earlier and open another command line interface (without closing the first one), but this time type only CHKDSK G:

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kinglekan: 11:53pm On Dec 04, 2016
Gemc3:
Will keep on trying it. Will keep you posted on any development. Aren't you feeling sleepy? Kingle.kan

Alright..No probs.

Nah not feeling sleepy yet. Eyes still wide open like an Owl for now cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 11:54pm On Dec 04, 2016
Gemc3:

It's an external drive
You havnt answered my question. once again, what problem are you having with it?
If you want to access your files, right-click on the hard drive and click open to access it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 05, 2016
sotall:
it can be replaced.
like how much bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 9:25am On Dec 05, 2016
R2bees:
like how much bro
Can't say till I make enquires. if you really want to get the board, whatsapp me on the mobile in my signature and I will keep you posted

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gemc3(f): 3:03pm On Dec 05, 2016
kinglekan:

Alright..No probs.

Nah not feeling sleepy yet. Eyes still wide open like an Owl for now cheesy

Hello night crawler. Lol. So I used another laptop for that stuff. My lappy has its own skoi skoi. I got a message saying that the file system is RAW and CHKDSK isn't available for such drives
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kinglekan: 3:12pm On Dec 05, 2016
Gemc3:

Hello night crawler. Lol. So I used another laptop for that stuff. My lappy has its own skoi skoi. I got a message saying that the file system is RAW and CHKDSK isn't available for such drives

Oh so now I am suddenly a member of the Xmen grin grin @Night crawler

Skoi Skoi lappy.. cheesy cheesy.

Whats the Operating System running on this laptop you're trying to use?

Is this new laptop detecting the ext drive under "My Computer" and assigning a letter? Check the letter to be sure you're running it on the right drive.

RAW could also indicate that the laptop isn't recognizing the file-system of your ext drive. Also connect the ext drive to the fastest USB port (Which I am assuming you wouldn't know but you might have to try each port and run the test)

Also the ext drive cable could be the issue. If you have another cable you can swap and re-run the test.

Do you have data on it or you don't mind losing whatever you have on it just to get it to work?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gemc3(f): 3:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
kinglekan:

Oh so now I am suddenly a member of the Xmen grin grin @Night crawler

Skoi Skoi lappy.. cheesy cheesy.

Whats the Operating System running on this laptop you're trying to use?

Is this new laptop detecting the ext drive under "My Computer" and assigning a letter? Check the letter to be sure you're running it on the right drive.

RAW could also indicate that the laptop isn't recognizing the file-system of your ext drive. Also connect the ext drive to the fastest USB port (Which I am assuming you wouldn't know but you might have to try each port and run the test)

Also the ext drive cable could be the issue. If you have another cable you can swap and re-run the test.

Do you have data on it or you don't mind losing whatever you have on it just to get it to work?

It's windows 8. I know the fastest port on my own laptop. I will check for this new one. I have lots of data on the drive but if loosing them all means my it will work again, then no p. Still have some of the data on my laptop. I don't think it's a cable issue sha. I don't have another one here to test . It's not a normal cable. Lol.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kinglekan: 3:36pm On Dec 05, 2016
Gemc3:

It's windows 8. I know the fastest port on my own laptop. I will check for this new one. I have lots of data on the drive but if loosing them all means my it will work again, then no p. Still have some of the data on my laptop. I don't think it's a cable issue sha. I don't have another one here to test . It's not a normal cable. Lol.

Your ext drive uses an abnormal cable? cheesy cheesy

Anyway try it with the different USB ports and also confirm the drive letter too. Plus don't just yank the cable out each time you're reconnecting. Follow the proper process of clicking the "Safely remove" option. If not you could be causing more damage to the drive.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gemc3(f): 3:43pm On Dec 05, 2016
kinglekan:

Your ext drive uses an abnormal cable? cheesy cheesy

Anyway try it with the different USB ports and also confirm the drive letter too. Plus don't just yank the cable out each time you're reconnecting. Follow the proper process of clicking the "Safely remove" option. If not you could be causing more damage to the drive.

Alright. Thanks. Will keep you posted

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dan42(m): 5:45pm On Dec 05, 2016
Please, help my HSDPA 3G wireless Modem is not detecting network but, detecting simcard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:54am On Dec 06, 2016
Gemc3:
Hello house. Got a lil problem. When i plug my toshiba 1tb external drive to any laptop, it keeps showing as local disk. I'd appreciate any help. Thank you
call me for your hard disk recovery on 08061679732

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:57am On Dec 06, 2016
good188:
i need expert engineer to tell me what is going on with my DELL LATITUTE E5400 ,when i plug the charger to socket then the laptop will slow and start hanging but when i remove it from socket it will first,also if plug the laptop it will say( PLUGGED IN ,NOT CHARGING ) ,what is the solution ,i am waiting for answer thankz
check under the laptop the the correct volatge and ampere eg 18.5v 3.4a and find the exact charger with the same power ratin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 2:06am On Dec 06, 2016
Gemc3:

its not your cable or any other thing that has been described..
the gpt is corrupt..i suggest you suspend any further instructions on it...
just leave it in its raw state.(thats why windows cldnt repair it with all the commands u were asked to use).its reversible upon repair..
just call me on 08061679732....guess im the only hard disk expert here grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 2:15am On Dec 06, 2016
Gemc3:

i guess this is what u mean by abnormal cable..
its called a USB 3.0 Type A Male to Micro B Male Cable

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 6:47am On Dec 06, 2016
i like putting my system to sleep and charge my fone cos were i am Nepa light isn't friendly

a concern fren told dat am killing my system ba3 slowly and de fone ba3 too cos i thought it's normal

please is it true or false
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 6:51am On Dec 06, 2016
Samfilo31:
i like putting my system to sleep and charge my fone cos were i am Nepa light isn't friendly

a concern fren told dat am killing my system ba3 slowly and de fone ba3 too cos i thought it's normal

please is it true or false

Yes! You are killing ur battery cell gradually.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gemc3(f): 1:20pm On Dec 06, 2016
sameolg616:

i guess this is what u mean by abnormal cable..
its called a USB 3.0 Type A Male to Micro B Male Cable

Hohoho! Oh yes! The second one! Lol. Very abnormal!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gemc3(f): 1:21pm On Dec 06, 2016
sameolg616:

its not your cable or any other thing that has been described..
the gpt is corrupt..i suggest you suspend any further instructions on it...
just leave it in its raw state.(thats why windows cldnt repair it with all the commands u were asked to use).its reversible upon repair..
just call me on 08061679732....guess im the only hard disk expert here grin grin grin grin grin grin
hahaha! I've left it for now. Are you based in Abuja?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gemc3(f): 6:40pm On Dec 06, 2016
kinglekan:

Yeah...Hit enter and let it run

I finally did the chqdsk successfully. I want to find out. Is there another command I can put to end the session or I just restart?

Cc. Sameolg616

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kinglekan: 6:50pm On Dec 06, 2016
Gemc3:

I finally did the chqdsk successfully. I want to find out. Is there another command I can put to end the session or I just restart?

Cc. Same.olg616

Oh so it finally ran on your PC. Did you include the /F?

Scroll to the top of that screen. There should be a message like "The file system on this disk is Bla Bla Bla".

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gemc3(f): 7:02pm On Dec 06, 2016
kinglekan:

Oh so it finally ran on your PC. Did you include the /F?

Scroll to the top of that screen. There should be a message like "The file system on this disk is Bla Bla Bla".

No longer a RAW file. Strange

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kinglekan: 7:08pm On Dec 06, 2016
Gemc3:

No longer a RAW file. Strange

Apparently the file system isn't corrupt. Its showing a very small portion of the drive having bad sectors which really isn't an issue. Allow the Chkdsk run completely and fix the errors on it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gemc3(f): 7:13pm On Dec 06, 2016
kinglekan:

Apparently the file system isn't corrupt. Its showing a very small portion of the drive having bad sectors which really isn't an issue. Allow the Chkdsk run completely and fix the errors on it.

It has done that already. I started running it like2hrs ago. It says windows has made corrections to the file system. No further action is required
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kinglekan: 7:14pm On Dec 06, 2016
Gemc3:

It has done that already. I started running it like2hrs ago. It says windows has made corrections to the file system. No further action is required

Oh cool. I was about telling you it would take a lot of time. Well click "safely remove" and reconnect and see if you can access you files.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gemc3(f): 7:19pm On Dec 06, 2016
kinglekan:

Oh cool. I was about telling you it would take a lot of time. Well click "safely remove" and reconnect and see if you can access you files.

Oh. Alright. I thought I was supposed to type END or something. Restarting now
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kinglekan: 7:20pm On Dec 06, 2016
Gemc3:

Oh. Alright. I thought I was supposed to type END or something. Restarting now

Nah.. Just close the window. smiley

Okies
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gemc3(f): 7:27pm On Dec 06, 2016
kinglekan:

Nah.. Just close the window. smiley

Okies

Yes!! Yes! It worked! It worked! And all my files are intact Thanks a lot Lekan. I appreciate it. Thanks a lot cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.