Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (771) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1264140 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 12:58pm On Dec 03, 2016
nicole2016:
Pls help me my PC keeps saying update windows and wen I go to PC settings to update, it wld request for product activation key. I don't have one ooooo, what do I do?

Also I wld like to ask, any free windows 8.1 or windows 10 software activator? Wld need one for my PC pls. Tnks u
The operating system in your laptop isn't activated. Just like you already know, you need an activator to make it appear genuine. Get a windows activator from those guys selling computer software. it is very simple to use.
After activation, never try to upgrade your windows online cos it won't work.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nicole2016(f): 2:31pm On Dec 03, 2016
Like how much wld d windows activator cost. Hope no fake one oooooh... If there is, how do I know d original
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 4:58pm On Dec 03, 2016
nicole2016:
Like how much wld d windows activator cost. Hope no fake one oooooh... If there is, how do I know d original

It depends on your location. On the average, it should be between 200-300 naira
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by arcFM(m): 7:14pm On Dec 03, 2016
Help...I was using my laptop at office n all of a sudden it smoked out...wen I try to swith on it only does as if it wans come on but neva did...hp15...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 7:52pm On Dec 03, 2016
arcFM:
Help...I was using my laptop at office n all of a sudden it smoked out...wen I try to swith on it only does as if it wans come on but neva did...hp15...
Contact hardware engineer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gemc3(f): 9:48pm On Dec 03, 2016
Hello house. Got a lil problem. When i plug my toshiba 1tb external drive to any laptop, it keeps showing as local disk. I'd appreciate any help. Thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:43am On Dec 04, 2016
don't know how to explain this.. I was using my laptop all of a sudden it hanged, I removed my ba3 and switched it on only for me to see something like a black cloudy surface all over the screen..it will open like a white surface but gradually turns in to black..please guys help me out...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 2:24am On Dec 04, 2016
Gemc3:
Hello house. Got a lil problem. When i plug my toshiba 1tb external drive to any laptop, it keeps showing as local disk. I'd appreciate any help. Thank you
It is showing as local disc because the entire volume is allocated to an operating system . In other words, there is an operating system in the disc which will prompt you to provide the password in order to access admin files and documents.

alternatively, you can put it in a laptop so that it serve as the internal hard drive.Run the system to windows and then access your files and documents as admin.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 2:25am On Dec 04, 2016
R2bees:
don't know how to explain this.. I was using my laptop all of a sudden it hanged, I removed my ba3 and switched it on only for me to see something like a black cloudy surface all over the screen..it will open like a white surface but gradually turns in to black..please guys help me out...
What is the brand and model of the laptop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sanni45(m): 9:34am On Dec 04, 2016
degenuine1:
please i need help. my hp 650 started showing pink and green colours, later on, it changed evrytin to white. iv tried it with external display n evrytin is fine. iv tested the screen and is ok. iv tried changing flex with different types, stil nothing... pls am confuse.. can the panel that gives display to the screen different from dat of external? or do i need the exact flex with the same serial no ( found at the end that goes to the screen) ... pls help.
Since it displays with external monitor,d problem is not from d board...How did test d screen,dis is most likely a screen problem I.e d screen backlight.Did test another screen with d laptop.U can also try re-connecting the video cable(flex) properly.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sanni45(m): 9:45am On Dec 04, 2016
Samfilo31:
my system charger was 18.5v and it got spoilt last week Wednesday
i am using a 19.5v charger rite and de fan vent blows very hot while charging making de system hot too and charger plug gets hot too

pls does it mean de charger is de issues or de vent is blocked
am in skul i dnt just have 2k for a new charger rite just incase u guys say it charger and hope de won't be any effect on de system
U shld use a charger with d same voltage d charge can damage ur system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 04, 2016
sotall:
What is the brand and model of the laptop?
HP pavillon.. it later came up in the midnight but this time with a huge font. now its back again with the same problem...dark cloudy surface all over my screen
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 12:47pm On Dec 04, 2016
R2bees:
HP pavillon.. it later came up in the midnight but this time with a huge font. now its back again with the same problem...dark cloudy surface all over my screen
The unusual "huge font" you observed strongly suggest your laptop motherboard has a video graphics adapter(VGA) problem. If I am correct, then your motherboard is practically gone because the only solution is changing the VGA chip which I don't recommend.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by good188(m): 4:11pm On Dec 04, 2016
i need expert engineer to tell me what is going on with my DELL LATITUTE E5400 ,when i plug the charger to socket then the laptop will slow and start hanging but when i remove it from socket it will first,also if plug the laptop it will say( PLUGGED IN ,NOT CHARGING ) ,what is the solution ,i am waiting for answer thankz
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 5:03pm On Dec 04, 2016
good188:
i need expert engineer to tell me what is going on with my DELL LATITUTE E5400 ,when i plug the charger to socket then the laptop will slow and start hanging but when i remove it from socket it will first,also if plug the laptop it will say( PLUGGED IN ,NOT CHARGING ) ,what is the solution ,i am waiting for answer thankz
Oga , first get another charger and use it to test your laptop.
infact try many Dell chargers because Dell laptops have this common problem of selecting chargers.
if problem persist , then your board needs to be checked.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 04, 2016
sotall:
The unusual "huge font" you observed strongly suggest your laptop motherboard has a video graphics adapter(VGA) problem. If I am correct, then your motherboard is practically gone because the only solution is changing the VGA chip which I don't recommend.
are you saying the motherboard cannot be replaced?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 8:51pm On Dec 04, 2016
R2bees:
are you saying the motherboard cannot be replaced?
it can be replaced.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gemc3(f): 9:21pm On Dec 04, 2016
sotall:
It is showing as local disc because the entire volume is allocated to an operating system . In other words, there is an operating system in the disc which will prompt you to provide the password in order to access admin files and documents.

alternatively, you can put it in a laptop so that it serve as the internal hard drive.Run the system to windows and then access your files and documents as admin.

Wow. Sounds complicated. I didn't put anything that requires password. I use it as my back up
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kinglekan: 10:01pm On Dec 04, 2016
Gemc3:

Wow. Sounds complicated. I didn't put anything that requires password. I use it as my back up

I am not sure what he is implying applies to your situation.
What you have with you is an external hard drive showing local disk each time you connect it? Is that correct?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gemc3(f): 10:07pm On Dec 04, 2016
kinglekan:

I am not sure what he is implying applies to your situation.
What you have with you is an external hard drive showing local disk each time you connect it? Is that correct?

That's correct
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kinglekan: 10:09pm On Dec 04, 2016
Gemc3:

That's correct

Do you get any error message when you try to open it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gemc3(f): 10:17pm On Dec 04, 2016
kinglekan:

Do you get any error message when you try to open it?

I did. Says it's inaccessible when the problem started last week, it would show local disk, the after a while, change to the real name. Later it asking me to scan and fix. It became worse after someone mistakenly unplugged it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 10:19pm On Dec 04, 2016
Gemc3:

then you should be able to access your files .

if I may ask, what problem are you having with the hard drive?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kinglekan: 10:32pm On Dec 04, 2016
Gemc3:

I did. Says it's inaccessible when the problem started last week, it would show local disk, the after a while, change to the real name. Later it asking me to scan and fix. It became worse after someone mistakenly unplugged it.

Thought as much. Your PC is having issues reading from the hard drive as a result of it being unplugged mistakenly in the past. It seems you also ignored the "scan and fix" prompt the PC kept showing you. The only way to resolve it is to allow your PC scan and fix the errors on the drive.

However, if it doesn't prompt you to "Scan and fix", take note of the drive letter once you connect your ext drive.
I am assuming your PC internal drive would have the letter ( C: ). So take note of the letter that appears once you connect the external drive.

Once you have the drive letter follow the steps below to fix your ext drive.

1. Click on the windows button or click on start
2. Type RUN and hit enter
3. Type CMD and hit enter
4. In the command line interface type CHKDSK D:/F (Where D: is the letter that appears once you connect your ext drive)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gemc3(f): 11:03pm On Dec 04, 2016
sotall:
then you should be able to access your files .

if I may ask, what problem are you having with the hard drive?

It's an external drive
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gemc3(f): 11:06pm On Dec 04, 2016
kinglekan:

Thought as much. Your PC is having issues reading from the hard drive as a result of it being unplugged mistakenly in the past. It seems you also ignored the "scan and fix" prompt the PC kept showing you. The only way to resolve it is to allow your PC scan and fix the errors on the drive.

However, if it doesn't prompt you to "Scan and fix", take note of the drive letter once you connect your ext drive.
I am assuming your PC internal drive would have the letter ( C: ). So take note of the letter that appears once you connect the external drive.

Once you have the drive letter follow the steps below to fix your ext drive.

1. Click on the windows button or click on start
2. Type RUN and hit enter
3. Type CMD and hit enter
4. In the command line interface type CHKDSK D:/F (Where D: is the letter that appears once you connect your ext drive)

Thanks a lot. I will try this now. I tried scanning and fixing. It gave me an error message after a while saying, unable to fix.

The letter is the same as that of my system. Hope this doesn't matter?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kinglekan: 11:15pm On Dec 04, 2016
Gemc3:

Thanks a lot. I will try this now. I tried scanning and fixing. It gave me an error message after a while saying, unable to fix.

The letter is the same as that of my system. Hope this doesn't matter?

Wow! Seems you were already having issues with the external hard drive a long time before the unplugging incidence? My guess is you frequently unplug the cable without using the "safely remove" PC option.

Safely remove the ext drive and plug it again. They are two different hard drives and cannot have same letters, except the PC isn't recognizing your ext drive anymore. Which would indicate that it is likely beyond repair and more of a hardware issue.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gemc3(f): 11:22pm On Dec 04, 2016
kinglekan:

Wow! Seems you were already having issues with the external hard drive a long time before the unplugging incidence? My guess is you frequently unplug the cable without using the "safely remove" PC option.

Safely remove the ext drive and plug it again. They are two different hard drives and cannot have same letters, except the PC isn't recognizing your ext drive anymore. Which would indicate that it is likely beyond repair and more of a hardware issue.

Hmm. Lemme check again. If not, I use another system

Modified:@Kinglekan

I've checked. My local disk is C. The ext drive is G. Time to work!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kinglekan: 11:27pm On Dec 04, 2016
Gemc3:

Hmm. Lemme check again. If not, I use another system

Okies
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kinglekan: 11:30pm On Dec 04, 2016
Gemc3:

Modified:

I've checked. My local disk is C. The ext drive is G. Time to work!

Oh Cool then, you're still in business. smiley

Run the checks and let me know how far.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gemc3(f): 11:32pm On Dec 04, 2016
kinglekan:

Okies

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kinglekan: 11:34pm On Dec 04, 2016
Gemc3:

Yeah...Hit enter and let it run

(1) (2) (3) ... (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.