Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,094 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (805) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1277456 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (802) (803) (804) (805) (806) (807) (808) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by saibop(m): 7:54pm On Apr 01, 2017
Hi.My Toshiba laptop hard disk crashed twice in 2 month. that I had to replace it twice ,please can I know the reason for this? HELP NEEDED ASAP PLEASE!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SpenzaZoom(m): 12:06am On Apr 02, 2017
Any solution to this? I just bought the system days ago

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:49am On Apr 02, 2017
Good Morning guys. I bought a Dell Elite book from a friend. Originally 4gb RAM, but he added to the RAM to make it 6gb. After purchasing the laptop, i didnt bother formatting it since he has nothing on it. But then i noticed, the mozzila browser on it wouldn't work, i tried unistalling it, it wouldn't uninstall....i downloaded revo uninstaller purposely to remove the bad mozzila browser, when i tried installing the revo uninstaller, i was told 'part of the files is missing' then i noticed the keyboard too was malfunctioning...so it appeared the PC is infected.

Solution us to format the HDD. So i proceeded to formatting.

When i tried formatting, i noticed the PC is locked to an Administrative password and CD & USD options werent checked/ticked.....which makes formatting the HDD on that PC impossible. So someone suggested i format it externally. And thats where the problem started. I removed the HDD placed it in another PC, formatting it was successful. Then i removed it and placed in my PC...turned my PC on...but the PC wouldn't boot completely.....when it reaches the point where i am suppose to enter my password (if i have one) or enta (if i dont av a password) it hangs there. I restarted the PC...still wont boot completely.

ABEG....WHAT DO I DO TO FIX THIS?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 9:22am On Apr 02, 2017
Freiden:
Good Morning guys. I bought a Dell Elite book from a friend. Originally 4gb RAM, but he added to the RAM to make it 6gb. After purchasing the laptop, i didnt bother formatting it since he has nothing on it. But then i noticed, the mozzila browser on it wouldn't work, i tried unistalling it, it wouldn't uninstall....i downloaded revo uninstaller purposely to remove the bad mozzila browser, when i tried installing the revo uninstaller, i was told 'part of the files is missing' then i noticed the keyboard too was malfunctioning...so it appeared the PC is infected.

When i tried formatting, i noticed the PC is locked to an Administrative password and CD & USD options werent checked/ticked.....which makes formatting the HDD on that PC impossible. So someone suggested i format it externally. And thats where the problem started. I removed the HDD placed it in another PC, formatting it was successful. Then i removed it and placed in my PC...turned my PC on...but the PC wouldn't boot completely.....when it reaches the point where i am suppose to enter my password (if i have one) or enta (if i dont av a password) it hangs there. I restarted the PC...still wont boot completely.

Dump the HDD and buy another........ (that's what I would do)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by midps007(m): 12:53pm On Apr 02, 2017
Good day, my system shutdown and when I turned it on it requested that I do startup repair but it failed to repair automatically, Pls how do I do startup repair with installation disc?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ilerioluwa02: 1:05pm On Apr 02, 2017
Please who ever knows where I can rent a finger vein reader should please contact me. its very urgent
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kingobyno(m): 1:50pm On Apr 02, 2017
I noticed that some buttons on my HP Compaq stopped working and it affects some of my password keys. so right now i can't access my computer. please someone should help me on what to do. thanks..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 3:13pm On Apr 02, 2017
Kingobyno:
I noticed that some buttons on my HP Compaq stopped working and it affects some of my password keys. so right now i can't access my computer. please someone should help me on what to do. thanks..
For your faulty keyboard, changing it is the best solution.

As for accessing your computer, you can use the on-screen keyboard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NOBLEstag(m): 5:23pm On Apr 02, 2017
Someone help, I cannot find my CD/DVD ROM on my windows 10pro.
How do I go about it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 02, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Dump the HDD and buy another........ (that's what I would do)

I tried using another HDD in it today, 320GB to be precise....but nothing changed.

How do i get rid of the admistrative password?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yachal: 7:52pm On Apr 02, 2017
Pls my P.C does not boot completely . It get to a spot and sayz 'A disk read error occurred, press Ctrl+Alt +del to restart'

wen I press it ,it still comes to the same spot again and sayz the same msg over and over again

Pls why is this so and what's the solution?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yachal: 8:20pm On Apr 02, 2017
Please my system does not bot completely . it get to a spot and says 'A disk read error occurred, press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

wen I press it, it comes back to the same error msg again , over and over again

Pls I urgently need a solution to this problem. Thankz
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 11:53pm On Apr 02, 2017
yachal:
Please my system does not bot completely . it get to a spot and says 'A disk read error occurred, press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

back up, format and re-install windows.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by focuso1(m): 6:42am On Apr 03, 2017
yachal:

Backup ur file and format it or if u don't have any file
just format it straight away
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by isrena: 8:03am On Apr 03, 2017
Hi all, I just mistakenly stepped on my laptop and cracked the screen really well. Its an Acer Aspire E1-531 with 15.6" HD LED LCD. Everythin else seems to b working well yet, just the broken screen

Please anyone knows if I can get this fixed, and how much it could cost?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by focuso1(m): 10:04am On Apr 03, 2017
isrena:
Hi all, I just mistakenly stepped on my laptop and cracked the screen really well. Its an Acer Aspire E1-531 with 15.6" HD LED LCD. Everythin else seems to b working well yet, just the broken screen

Please anyone knows if I can get this fixed, and how much it could cost?

Call or WhatsApp 08139462401 for the prize
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 03, 2017
Read and rate my article about the basics of computer maintenance.

https://www.crowdpondent.com/2017/04/03/computer-maintenance-101/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yemi2plus(m): 2:44pm On Apr 03, 2017
Please how do I forcefully uninstall MS Word from my computer. The problem started after I activated my Windows 8.1 pro with a software I found online. Iobit has failed to help me.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:27am On Apr 04, 2017
Freiden:

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 6:35am On Apr 04, 2017
[quote author=Freiden post=55242073][/quote]
what is the model of the elite book you bought?
Also, since you have formatted the hard drive, why don't you reload another OS on the system using flash or CD ROM.
As for the hanging, you complained of a bad keyboard which I think may b responsible.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 04, 2017
sotall:

what is the model of the elite book you bought?
Also, since you have formatted the hard drive, why don't you reload another OS on the system using flash or CD ROM.
As for the hanging, you complained of a bad keyboard which I think may b responsible.

DELL E6410

The PC is locked with an Admistrative Password and USB & CD ROM option wasnt checked. For one to be able the select those options you have to provide the admistrative password .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 8:05am On Apr 04, 2017
Freiden:

DELL E6410

The PC is locked with an Admistrative Password and USB & CD ROM option wasnt checked. For one to be able the select those options you have to provide the admistrative password .
In that case, the best thing to do is contact the person you bought it from so they provide the onboard/bios password. Without the bios password, the only option is working on the motherboard as the onboard password of most Dell E-series can hardly be bypassed by available softwares.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by manuelp: 10:04am On Apr 04, 2017
Good day! Please I have issues with my HP elitebook 8460p I installed windows 10 pro on it and my dedicated video memory is zero.All my drivers are up to date ,please what can I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 04, 2017
sotall:
In that case, the best thing to do is contact the person you bought it from so they provide the onboard/bios password. Without the bios password, the only option is working on the motherboard as the onboard password of most Dell E-series can hardly be bypassed by available softwares.

He doesnt know what the password is. Whats to be done on the Motherboard?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 8:37pm On Apr 04, 2017
Freiden:

He doesnt know what the password is. Whats to be done on the Motherboard?
If he doesnt know it,Why did you buy it from him?

You may have to contact Dell to remove that password.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 04, 2017
sotall:

If he doesnt know it,Why did you buy it from him?

You may have to contact Dell to remove that password.

Who checks for that while purchasing a laptop? He bought it from someone too.

I'll contact dell. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 8:54pm On Apr 04, 2017
Freiden:

Who checks for that while purchasing a laptop? He bought it from someone too.

I'll contact dell. Thanks
Sorry Bro.....Checking whether a laptop has BIOS/ on-board password is a necessity except you are a novice in laptop usage.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by melow: 9:24pm On Apr 04, 2017
Please frnds I just installed Windows 7 on my new bought system which comes with windows vista. After installing the Windows 7 I was as to activate it in the next 30days, u tried activating it but I was ask to put in the product key which I don't have and it did not come with the disc I bought so pls how do I activate it thnks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 9:45pm On Apr 04, 2017
melow:
Please frnds I just installed Windows 7 on my new bought system which comes with windows vista. After installing the Windows 7 I was as to activate it in the next 30days, u tried activating it but I was ask to put in the product key which I don't have and it did not come with the disc I bought so pls how do I activate it thnks

Just buy activator disc to activate it...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Syphax(m): 11:16pm On Apr 04, 2017
horllamy:

Just buy activator disc to activate it...
Good day bro, please help me. My Toshiba Satellite laptop doesn't recognize a USB device anytime it's charging but it recognizes the device once I stop charging it. Is it a driver or a software problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 7:24am On Apr 05, 2017
Syphax:

Good day bro, please help me. My Toshiba Satellite laptop doesn't recognize a USB device anytime it's charging but it recognizes the device once I stop charging it. Is it a driver or a software problem?

Probably it maybe hardware
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by itzmarvyx(m): 8:19am On Apr 05, 2017
Guys help.. My Dell mini laptop's battery lasts for about 1hr before and run low till about 5% battery critical level before going off.. . Recently I noticed that the battery doesn't last again, shuts down at 40% without warning... I'm really pissed now because I don't know the problem...

Can someone help me out?

(1) (2) (3) ... (802) (803) (804) (805) (806) (807) (808) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: toksade203

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.