Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,918 members, 7,814,090 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (808) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1265707 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (805) (806) (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shegzy2009: 7:59pm On Apr 14, 2017
Pls how do I locate Bluetooth on my Hp pavilion laptop. How do I make it function. Pls help me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolakay: 10:58am On Apr 15, 2017
sotall:
what is the brand and model of the laptop?

Remove the battery and charger. Press and hold the power button for 30s. Now plug charger and try switching it on.
if it doesn't swutch on, see a laptop technician
thanks for the response. Discovered it s battery problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by frankstanley(m): 2:36pm On Apr 16, 2017
Hello house....please I need help my hp probook 4515s just stopped displaying on the screen and each time I on it the capslock button always blinks light ....please I need your help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 8:10pm On Apr 16, 2017
[quote author=frankstanley post=55618263]Hello house....please I need help my hp probook 4515s just stopped displaying on the screen and each time I on it the capslock button always blinks light ....please I need your help [/quote

Try to change the ram if still the same possibly it should be board problem.....if u are in lagos and need an engineer call or whatsapp 08139462401
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rawshal(m): 8:57pm On Apr 16, 2017
Can someone help me out
I just got a new UK used laptop yesterday n d seller help me to installed some necessary software cuz I dnt kno much abt system.. After using it for a while at home,d mouse freeze n didn't move.I av shut it down severally but still d same thing.I check online for possible cause n solution but discover that it mayb cause by some software that was installed.. Pls any wit solution to dis problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kov624665(m): 10:19pm On Apr 16, 2017
@sotall: how do I locate you? Need you to fix my laptop for me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 11:07pm On Apr 16, 2017
kov624665:
@sotall: how do I locate you? Need you to fix my laptop for me
location is computer village ikeja. call or whatsapp 08164685979

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by frankstanley(m): 11:24pm On Apr 16, 2017
Was told that its the board.....am in abuja .....jus confused on what to do kuz was told that I need to change it to an Intel board
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by frankstanley(m): 11:26pm On Apr 16, 2017
[quote author=horllamy post=55627160][/quote]. Was told that its the board.....am in abuja .....jus
confused on what to do kuz was told that I need
to change it to an Intel board
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 3:06am On Apr 17, 2017
frankstanley:
. Was told that its the board.....am in abuja .....jus
confused on what to do kuz was told that I need
to change it to an Intel board

Have you giving it to an engineer to work on the board? If not just try to give an engineer to try the board and if it's not working then consider replace ur board
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jombojombo(m): 7:13am On Apr 17, 2017
Pls how do I change an MS document to PDF document. A learner needs help abeg cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by frankstanley(m): 7:43am On Apr 17, 2017
horllamy:

Have you giving it to an engineer to work on the board? If not just try to give an engineer to try the board and if it's not working then consider replace ur board
How much can I get an intel board kuz I was told that if I work on the AMD board it will still gv me the same problem mayb after two months of repairing
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 8:26am On Apr 17, 2017
frankstanley:

How much can I get an intel board kuz I was told that if I work on the AMD board it will still gv me the same problem mayb after two months of repairing

Call or whatsapp for the price 08139462401
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 8:41am On Apr 17, 2017
Jombojombo:
Pls how do I change an MS document to PDF document. A learner needs help abeg cry

What version of Microsoft Office are you using? And by MS document I assume you mean Microsoft Office Word document.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 8:55am On Apr 17, 2017
Rawshal:
Can someone help me out
I just got a new UK used laptop yesterday n d seller help me to installed some necessary software cuz I dnt kno much abt system.. After using it for a while at home,d mouse freeze n didn't move.I av shut it down severally but still d same thing.I check online for possible cause n solution but discover that it mayb cause by some software that was installed.. Pls any wit solution to dis problem

What brand and model is your laptop? Are you talking of the touchpad or external mouse? There's a row of keys at the top of your keyboard (F1, F2. F3.... F12). They are called function keys. One of them (most likely F6) has a mouse symbol on it. That's the mouse lock key. Press a Key FN located at the bottom left of your keyboard. While still press the FN key press the mouse lock key. If you have accidentally locked your mouse, this should unlock it. Let me know if this works
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 8:59am On Apr 17, 2017
frankstanley:
Hello house....please I need help my hp probook 4515s just stopped displaying on the screen and each time I on it the capslock button always blinks light ....please I need your help

Try it with a different RAM that is known to be good. Bad RAM often causes this type of problem.
If that doesn't work then the problem might be bigger. Try and connect to an external display. If it works then u might need to replace your screen. If it doesn't work then most likely its an on board VGA problem. Replace your computer. I don't often recommend tampering with the board by these technicians.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 9:22am On Apr 17, 2017
samutd4u:
Or is there any application for me to share my wifi on my phone with my laptop without Bluetooth or USB cord

Setup your phone as a mobile hot-spot then connect your laptop to the phone's mobile hot-spot
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 9:25am On Apr 17, 2017
iamrichiefola:
Please whenever i Hibernate or sleep my laptop, if i switch it on, the touchpad wont function so i wont be able to enter my password. i would have to shut down with the power button? how can i solve this problem?

airsaylongcon:

What brand and model is your laptop? There's a row of keys at the top of your keyboard (F1, F2. F3.... F12). They are called function keys. One of them (most likely F6) has a mouse symbol on it. That's the mouse lock key. Press a Key FN located at the bottom left of your keyboard. While still press the FN key press the mouse lock key. If you have accidentally locked your mouse, this should unlock it. Let me know if this works
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 9:38am On Apr 17, 2017
Freiden:

I tried using another HDD in it today, 320GB to be precise....but nothing changed.

How do i get rid of the admistrative password?

There's something called a password reset jumper. Google it and watch YouTube videos. You will have to open the laptop though
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jombojombo(m): 11:16am On Apr 17, 2017
airsaylongcon:

What version of Microsoft Office are you using? And by MS document I assume you mean Microsoft Office Word document.

Not really a computer savvy.

But I think Microsoft Office 2007. The system is Microsoft XP

Yes I mean Microsoft Office Word document
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 1:42pm On Apr 17, 2017
Jombojombo:

Not really a computer savvy.

But I think Microsoft Office 2007. The system is Microsoft XP

Yes I mean Microsoft Office Word document

It's a but complicated doing a PDF using this version (and earlier versions) of Microsoft Office as u need to download a piece of software from Microsoft (or 3rd party software) to do it. I would suggest u upgrade to 2010 at least or 2016 preferably as u can directly get PDF.

If u insist on using 2007 then go to the Microsoft website at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7 to download 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS

This will enable you save documents from. Word directly to PDF
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jombojombo(m): 1:50pm On Apr 17, 2017
airsaylongcon:

It's a but complicated doing a PDF using this version (and earlier versions) of Microsoft Office as u need to download a piece of software from Microsoft (or 3rd party software) to do it. I would suggest u upgrade to 2010 at least or 2016 preferably as u can directly get PDF.

If u insist on using 2007 then go to the price Microsoft website at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7 to download 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS

This will enable you save documents from. Word directly to PDF

Thanks so much. Pls how do I upgrade to the 2010 or 2 016
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by frankstanley(m): 4:20pm On Apr 17, 2017
airsaylongcon:

Try it with a different RAM that is known to be good. Bad RAM often causes this type of problem.
If that doesn't work then the problem might be bigger. Try and connect to an external display. If it works then u might need to replace your screen. If it doesn't work then most likely its an on board VGA problem. Replace your computer. I don't often recommend tampering with the board by these technicians.
Do u mean replacing the board?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by frankstanley(m): 4:21pm On Apr 17, 2017
airsaylongcon:

Do u mean replacing it with a new board?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samutd4u(m): 5:01pm On Apr 17, 2017
airsaylongcon:

Setup your phone as a mobile hot-spot then connect your laptop to the phone's mobile hot-spot

wifi will off
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 5:25pm On Apr 17, 2017
frankstanley:

Do u mean replacing the board?

No. A completely new system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by abohwun(m): 8:25pm On Apr 17, 2017
whenever I on my laptop it only blink the cursor but the nothing will come up on the screen, any solution?

(1) (2) (3) ... (805) (806) (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.