Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,233 members, 7,836,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (810) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1277470 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lipman1122: 4:15pm On Apr 20, 2017
I thought it would be nice to share this with you guys. You can sell anything at SellersNG without limitation. Safe and secure platform for those who are looking for ways to promote their business online.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by uzoexcel(m): 4:42pm On Apr 20, 2017
There is actually..i was quite busy earlier..
If you use windows 7, follow the steps below...its basically just about adding more file index locations.will attach some snapshots to guide you

from your start menu, type search ...then click on Indexing options

Once it opens, click on modify , another window opens. here u can add more locations from the change selected locations that will be indexed when you search for a missing file.

lastly if you observed that certain file types fail to show up even though their locations are included, you may have to include the file type by clicking on the Advanced button on the main Indexing Options screen. Then click on the File Types tab. as usual word files end with (.doc or .docx) while adobe files end with (.pdf)

cheers!!!!!

DBright123:
I will check it out but is there no way it can be resolved?

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tessyjnr: 6:42pm On Apr 20, 2017
chucksbadt:

am in ph....what problems are you facing with your system?
which side of ph are you?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by drealj: 7:02pm On Apr 20, 2017
Hello,pls is hp620 2gb ram,500gb hd a good laptop and is it good to buy for 45000 price.Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chucksbadt(m): 7:08pm On Apr 20, 2017
tessyjnr:
which side of ph are you?

rumuosi ......aw abt u
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 7:22pm On Apr 20, 2017
drealj:
Hello,pls is hp620 2gb ram,500gb hd a good laptop and is it good to buy for 45000 price.Thanks

45k for those specs is a fair price. U can try and negotiate for 40k or even 35k if u are a skilled negotiator. Make sure u check that everything is working. CD drives, speakers, keyboard (test all the keys), screen (no lines or funny colours), USB and all attached ports, touch pad and buttons, make sure the fan cooling the CPU is spinning. Check the charger if it heats up excessively when charging. Blah blah blah
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by drealj: 7:29pm On Apr 20, 2017
airsaylongcon:

45k for those specs is a fair price. U can try and negotiate for 40k or even 35k if u are a skilled negotiator. Make sure u check that everything is working. CD drives, speakers, keyboard (test all the keys), screen (no lines or funny colours), USB and all attached ports, touch pad and buttons, make sure the fan cooling the CPU is spinning. Check the charger if it heats up excessively when charging. Blah blah blah
Thanks very much.I really appreciate ur respond.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DBright123(m): 10:16pm On Apr 20, 2017
uzoexcel:
If you use windows 7, follow the steps below...its basically just about adding more file index locations.will attach some snapshots to guide you

Once it opens, click on modify , another window opens. here u can add more locations from the change selected locations that will be indexed when you search for a missing file.

lastly if you observed that certain file types fail to show up even though their locations are included, you may have to include the file type by clicking on the Advanced button on the main Indexing Options screen. Then click on the File Types tab. as usual word files end with (.doc or .docx) while adobe files end with (.pdf)

cheers!!!!!

wow, thanks so much for your time, I will try it out as soon as possible and get back to you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by souldeep(m): 9:52am On Apr 21, 2017
Good day house, Pls I need assistance on how to format my windows 10 laptop. I bought a windows 10 cd software and when I inserted it, a get a pop-up message that says "insert the other cd that indicate 64bit" now I don't know if there's something I'm not doing right.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DBright123(m): 1:38pm On Apr 21, 2017
uzoexcel:

cheers!!!!!

thanks so much, I have been able to resolve it. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by uzoexcel(m): 1:47pm On Apr 21, 2017
u welcome grin

DBright123:

thanks so much, I have been able to resolve it. God bless.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jombojombo(m): 6:08am On Apr 22, 2017
Good morning great people of Nairaland!

Pls how do I go about installing a wireless driver into my mini laptop. Just got the system but the wireless isn't working, was later told that the wireless driver is not installed.

Am sure the system is wireless compatible as there is an on/off button for it, just beside the power on/off button.

Pls I need help on how best to go about it... Presently I can only browse with a USB cord as I don't have a modem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dmedalion: 8:25am On Apr 22, 2017
tessyjnr:
I have the same issue, the engineers are unable to work on it
what issue
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dmedalion: 8:26am On Apr 22, 2017
Jombojombo:
Good morning great people of Nairaland!

Pls how do I go about installing a wireless driver into my mini laptop. Just got the system but the wireless isn't working, was later told that the wireless driver is not installed.

Am sure the system is wireless compatible as there is an on/off button for it, just beside the power on/off button.

Pls I need help on how best to go about it... Presently I can only browse with a USB cord as I don't have a modem.
Drop the name/model number of ur laptop, and i'll provide u a link to the driver
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dmedalion: 8:29am On Apr 22, 2017
souldeep:
Good day house, Pls I need assistance on how to format my windows 10 laptop. I bought a windows 10 cd software and when I inserted it, a get a pop-up message that says "insert the other cd that indicate 64bit" now I don't know if there's something I'm not doing right.
Thats because the current windows on ur system is of 64bit architecture and the CD u bought is a 32bit architecture, so either u get a windows 10 cd that has '64/32bit' label on it or one with 64bit on it...but u can still surepass it with ur current CD,
by booting ur pc from the CD During startup, follow installation process and format the HDD, then process...not hard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by souldeep(m): 8:31am On Apr 22, 2017
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by souldeep(m): 8:38am On Apr 22, 2017
Dmedalion:
Thats because the current windows on ur system is of 64bit architecture and the CD u bought is a 32bit architecture, so either u get a windows 10 cd that has '64/32bit' label on it or one with 64bit on it...but u can still surepass it with ur current CD,
by booting ur pc from the CD During startup, follow installation process and format the HDD, then process...not hard
I tried booting it from the cd drive during startup but it just go back to the normal startup page instead of starting the instalation
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dmedalion: 8:45am On Apr 22, 2017
65 PC Games Available if u are Within P.H
GTA V,
Quantum Break
Rise of Tomb Raider etc,
PC Softwares Included e.g DriversPack 17.7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dmedalion: 8:47am On Apr 22, 2017
souldeep:
I tried booting it from the cd drive during startup but it just go back to the normal startup page instead of starting the instalation
thats because ur secure boot is enabled....got to BIOS, and disable it...
if EUFI is disabled, then enable it or vice versa, then it will boot from CD
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by souldeep(m): 8:51am On Apr 22, 2017
Dmedalion:
Ok, I'll do that now. Thanks for ur responds
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by souldeep(m): 8:52am On Apr 22, 2017
Dmedalion:
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jombojombo(m): 8:52am On Apr 22, 2017
Dmedalion:
Drop the name/model number of ur laptop, and i'll provide u a link to the driver

It is named Haier Thermocool, model A100

These are the properties:
Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N270 @1.60Hz
Windows XP

Thanks so much
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dmedalion: 8:55am On Apr 22, 2017
souldeep:
u are welcome
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dmedalion: 9:00am On Apr 22, 2017
32 or 64bit?
Jombojombo:

It is named Haier Thermocool, model A100

These are the properties:
Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N270 @1.60Hz
Windows XP

Thanks so much
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dmedalion: 9:07am On Apr 22, 2017
My Telegram Channel
https:///itdmedalion
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jombojombo(m): 9:17am On Apr 22, 2017
Dmedalion:
32 or 64bit?
32 embarassed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dmedalion: 9:31am On Apr 22, 2017
http://www.driverscape.com/manufacturers/haier/laptops-desktops/a20/233362
On that page, hit the Download button under 'Network & Wireless Driver' download and install both controllers, if still doesnt work, then only DriversPack can help u....
can help out with that if u are within P.H
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 9:43am On Apr 22, 2017
Whizpeter:
[b]Hello guys, I've got a tricky issue with a laptop here!!

It's a HP Compaq 610, I wanted to give it out, so I decided to upgrade the RAM, before giving it to the person!

It has two ram slots containing 1gb each, so I removed one of them and put in a 2gb RAM, but the system refused to boot. It would just show COMPAQ and then go blank, I removed the remaining 1gb ram and left the single 2gb, same thing happened..

I've returned the two 1gb rams back to their position, but the screen of the system doesn't light up and show anything again. Once you press the on button, the lights on the power and wireless buttons come on but nothing shows on the screen.. Its not even booting at all [capslock don't respond, the indicator light doesn't come up] so I don't think it's a screen issue...

What could be the problem guys?? I'm confused!

The system booted fine before I started changing rams ooo, it even worked for like two hours cos I was transferring some files! I don't understand why it suddenly packed up!

PS: The 2gb single ram I wanted to add to the system is currently in another system and it is working very well! So the ram have got no issues![/b]
probably it has develop VGA problem ... call or whatsapp I can help u to fix it 08139462401
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dmedalion: 9:52am On Apr 22, 2017
Did u check the DDR Model of the 2GB ram to know if ur system supports it b4 attempting it...if no then that could be the problem, using a DDR3 Ram on a Motherboard that supports DDR2.....try detaching ba3 HDD, and input HDD back the reinsert ur previous 1GB Ram's' ..then try to power up...
Whizpeter:
[b]Hello guys, I've got a tricky issue with a laptop here!!

It's a HP Compaq 610, I wanted to give it out, so I decided to upgrade the RAM, before giving it to the person!

It has two ram slots containing 1gb each, so I removed one of them and put in a 2gb RAM, but the system refused to boot. It would just show COMPAQ and then go blank, I removed the remaining 1gb ram and left the single 2gb, same thing happened..

I've returned the two 1gb rams back to their position, but the screen of the system doesn't light up and show anything again. Once you press the on button, the lights on the power and wireless buttons come on but nothing shows on the screen.. Its not even booting at all [capslock and wireless button don't respond] so I don't think it's a screen issue...

What could be the problem guys?? I'm confused!

The system booted fine before I started changing rams ooo, it even worked for like two hours cos I was transferring some files! I don't understand why it suddenly packed up!

PS: The 2gb single ram I wanted to add to the system is currently in another system and it is working very well! So the ram have got no issues![/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.