Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (881) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1266312 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (878) (879) (880) (881) (882) (883) (884) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hugoboss70(m): 7:16pm On Feb 20, 2018
My hp650 just stopped charging . Ive checked several other chargers am sure works but didnt work on my system. How much would it cost to change d power unit and also d battery and keyboard if need be?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:11pm On Feb 20, 2018
hugoboss70:
My hp650 just stopped charging . Ive checked several other chargers am sure works but didnt work on my system. How much would it cost to change d power unit and also d battery and keyboard if need be?
Does it show that the charger is plugged in?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hugoboss70(m): 8:22pm On Feb 20, 2018
Razak5:

Does it show that the charger is plugged in?
it doesnt show
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:26pm On Feb 20, 2018
hugoboss70:

1.Power unit = 3k-5k depending on the extent of the damage.

2. Battery = 6k

3. Keyboard = 3,5k.

Every thing can be done with N13,500.

Call/WhatsApp on 08128714767

Quoted you earlier, I asked - "does it show any sign when you plug in the charger?"
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by swizzy2k: 11:59pm On Feb 20, 2018
Please my hp 15 laptop battery is not charging again, it will indicate plug in but not charging. But when you plug it in, it will charge and then stopped charging. Please help me,, I have to do presentation with it on Thursday.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:49am On Feb 21, 2018
swizzy2k:
Please my hp 15 laptop battery is not charging again, it will indicate plug in but not charging. But when you plug it in, it will charge and then stopped charging. Please help me,, I have to do presentation with it on Thursday.

Fault might be from the ba3, charging port or motherboard.

I'll advice you take it to a laptop engineer closer to you.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by swizzy2k: 7:17am On Feb 21, 2018
Can it be a software issue
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dlee1(m): 8:39am On Feb 21, 2018
Hello all, I need your help. I have a laptop ... HP Pavilion Dv7 3028ca Entertainment that is made with AMD motherboard and the motherboard is now bad. So my question now is, can I find a motherboard of another higher end laptop that can fit in to my laptop (HP Pavilion Dv7 3028ca Entertainment) that uses dedicated GPU (graphic card) and at the same time has the same power requirements, has connectors in relatively the same spots etc.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 9:25am On Feb 21, 2018
Dlee1:
Hello all, I need your help. I have a laptop ... HP Pavilion Dv7 3028ca Entertainment that is made with AMD motherboard and the motherboard is now bad. So my question now is, can I find a motherboard of another higher end laptop that can fit in to my laptop (HP Pavilion Dv7 3028ca Entertainment) that uses dedicated GPU (graphic card) and at the same time has the same power requirements, has connectors in relatively the same spots etc.
yes, the Intel version of the motherboard will fit in perfectly.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by trekkie: 9:31am On Feb 21, 2018
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:33am On Feb 21, 2018
Dlee1:
Of course you can get an Intel board (not easy to find). Too many variants. But the graphics won't be "dedicated". - and yes, same power requirement.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dlee1(m): 10:06am On Feb 21, 2018
Razak5:

Of course you can get an Intel board (not easy to find). Too many variants. But the graphics won't be "dedicated". - and yes, same power requirement.
sotall:
yes, the Intel version of the motherboard will fit in perfectly.
Thanks you guys for your reply. I already know what you guys said but am talking of a motherboard of another laptop that is higher than mine. That is to say a motherboard of another laptop that is not HP Dv7 3028ca that can fit in to my laptop, thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 10:10am On Feb 21, 2018
Dlee1:
Thanks you guys for your reply. I already know what you guys said but am talking of a motherboard of another laptop that is higher than mine. That is to say a motherboard of another laptop that is not HP Dv7 3028ca that can fit in to my laptop, thanks
not possible. There is no motherboard that will fit in there apart from the one with same model number.

Though I have done it with some hp and Toshiba laptops such as replacing a CQ56 motherboard with a G56 motherboard. It will also involve changing some other parts like signal cable etc.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dlee1(m): 10:12am On Feb 21, 2018
sotall:
not possible. There is no motherboard that will fit in there apart from the one with same model number.
OK, thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 10:37am On Feb 21, 2018
Dlee1:

Oh! For this series, Naaah....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 3:01pm On Feb 21, 2018
swizzy2k:

OS? Nope!
Battery? possibly.
Charger? Could be.
Board(power IC + more) — possible.

Next step=> Try another battery - still the same? Try another charger with the new battery - still the same?
Oya you and your convoy should go and see a technician grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by thorsky(m): 5:10pm On Feb 21, 2018
Hello, i just got this hp laptop model 15-1387wm, i keep seeing online that its meant to have a touchscreen feature and my brother also told me he used the touchscreen feature but since i got it, nothing like that, also checked the system properties, says 'no pen or touch input' but was wondering that could be a driver issue
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Toecynne(m): 7:20pm On Feb 21, 2018
hi good evening y'all..pls my hard disk fell on the floor during usage and it has refused to show on my system.. please anybody with a possible solution!? thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 8:35pm On Feb 21, 2018
Toecynne:
hi good evening y'all..pls my hard disk fell on the floor during usage and it has refused to show on my system.. please anybody with a possible solution!? thank you
sorry...that's a hard crash. It's gone

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Alphaoscar: 9:22pm On Feb 21, 2018
Good evening guys, my laptop screen is always unstable especially when watching film. It will be going up and down.

What can be the cause please?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bjjbam: 10:11pm On Feb 21, 2018
My laptop is dragging badly, sometimes it freezes completely and shuts itself down. pls what can I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 7:24am On Feb 22, 2018
Alphaoscar:
Good evening guys, my laptop screen is always unstable especially when watching film. It will be going up and down.

What can be the cause please?
Most likely, that's a bad screen. Prepare for replacement
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Alphaoscar: 7:27am On Feb 22, 2018
sotall:
Most likely, that's a bad screen. Prepare for replacement

Haaaa
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Equal2DeTask(m): 10:08am On Feb 22, 2018
bjjbam:
My laptop is dragging badly, sometimes it freezes completely and shuts itself down. pls what can I do?

Eventually, ur HDD is becoming weaker.

One day u will wake up and ON it....

It will not be recognise....

Try formatting it and see the results..
best option, go and get a new drive

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Equal2DeTask(m): 10:10am On Feb 22, 2018
SkydaDGreat:
Please my Lenovo thinkpad r61 keyboard has problems, only caps lock, esc, and S keys work. Urgent solutions needed and cost.
Thanks
change the Keyboard asap
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by superfelix: 10:16am On Feb 22, 2018
Hello House! this problem started recently.. anytime that i want to watch video with vlc on my PC, there is pop up dat "application unable to start successfully"... Pls Wat could be d cause and solution!.... pic attached

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Toecynne(m): 4:40pm On Feb 23, 2018
sotall:
sorry...that's a hard crash. It's gone
do deres nothing i can do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 23, 2018
My PC is having problem with charging the battery. Whenever it charges, it shows,' 0% available, plugged in,charging' and it can stay like this for years.

I have bought a new battery and even a new charger,yet I am to see any heading....

What is really the matter?!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cyberprof1(m): 9:32pm On Feb 23, 2018
How can i deal with my Compaq System Unit... That Is Re-Starting Over and Over again?... Even when i want To Format it, Its Not Still Working.. cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cyberprof1(m): 9:35pm On Feb 23, 2018
Hey! #superfelix
UNINSTALLED THE VLC AND RE-INTALL IT AGAIN,
HAVE YOU TRIED USING SMADAV SCAN?

(1) (2) (3) ... (878) (879) (880) (881) (882) (883) (884) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.