Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (885) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1266810 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Joyhuxley(m): 11:54am On Mar 03, 2018
Am using ZINOX W76TH. Yesterday I mistakenly plugged in an alternate charger with reverse polarity and smoke came out through the fan area. since then, charging light is not coming up and laptop is not powering on battery(dont know if there is power left in the battery)
please help me diagnose the problem. Am in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:40pm On Mar 03, 2018
Joyhuxley:
Am using ZINOX W76TH. Yesterday I mistakenly plugged in an alternate charger with reverse polarity and smoke came out through the fan area. since then, charging light is not coming up and laptop is not powering on battery(dont know if there is power left in the battery)
please help me diagnose the problem. Am in Abuja.

Hello there...

The last time I checked, laptops aren't smokers grin.
Not funny

Note- *this is not a DIY thing"

pretty simple- Something got burnt on the board and needs replacement

So, take to a technician for further diagnosis. Hopefully a replacement will be found.

So sorry about the incident

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adek6555: 10:05pm On Mar 03, 2018
I have one Dell latitude d505 that runs on window xp,how can i upgrade it to window 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 1:26am On Mar 04, 2018
adek6555:
I have one Dell latitude d505 that runs on window xp,how can i upgrade it to window 7
Hit me up I can help you to fix it. 08139462401
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Afeski(m): 11:03pm On Mar 04, 2018
Hello i use an hp pavilion entertainment pc. The screen sudenly turned blank but it still powers on. I took it for repairs the first place said the video card needs repair another one said its heating.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:06pm On Mar 04, 2018
Afeski:
Hello i use an hp pavilion entertainment pc. The screen sudenly turned blank but it still powers on. I took it for repairs the first place said the video card needs repair another one said its heating.
HP pavilion what? Turn the back and post the model number.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chicobaddest(m): 2:40am On Mar 05, 2018
I just got a new HP Probook 6470b. it came with windows10 pro. I have been trying seriously to decrease the brightness but all to no avail. please can someone in the house help me with a solution to this problem.
thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 5:42am On Mar 05, 2018
chicobaddest:
I just got a new HP Probook 6470b. it came with windows10 pro. I have been trying seriously to decrease the brightness but all to no avail. please can someone in the house help me with a solution to this problem.
thanks
I think the VGA need to be drive.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by karferguso(m): 11:18am On Mar 05, 2018
Anyone knows a free and efficient recovery software. I have tried to use Ease US Recovery software. It showed me the files I intend to recover but the software didn't do the actual recovery until I have paid $69. So, I need a free recovery software or perhaps a Crack for this one.
Anyone?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Wolexdey(m): 11:28am On Mar 05, 2018
Hello! I use HP 15 Notebook PC. Tried to power it up but what I kept seeing is a blank screen.

Please, what could be the fault and solution...
Seriously, it very annoying. Just used the system a few minutes and now its giving me attitude...

Can someone help pls...
Thanks!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 12:08pm On Mar 05, 2018
chicobaddest:
thanks
Hello.

Simply install the display drivers and you're good.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 2:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
Wolexdey:
Hello! I use HP 15 Notebook PC. Tried to power it up but what I kept seeing is a blank screen.

Seriously, it very annoying. Just used the system a few minutes and now its giving me attitude...

Can someone help pls...
Thanks!

Kindly visit nearby engineer

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 3:32pm On Mar 05, 2018
Wolexdey:

Can someone help pls...
Thanks!

Black screen?

When you power it on do you hear the windows startup sound? Better still run the caplock button (off/on) to see if it will respond.

If yes, point your touch light to the screen an see if it is showing any character.

If no, check if you can access the ram slot at the back, remove it, clean it and insert it back.

To see if it will come up.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Wolexdey(m): 4:44pm On Mar 05, 2018
udemzyudex:

Black screen?

When you power it on do you hear the windows startup sound? Better still run the caplock button (off/on) to see if it will respond.

If yes, point your touch light to the screen an see if it is showing any character.

If no, check if you can access the ram slot at the back, remove it, clean it and insert it back.

To see if it will come up.

Thanks a lot ...

Will give you feedback afterwards..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Wolexdey(m): 4:45pm On Mar 05, 2018
horllamy:

Kindly visit nearby engineer
Thanks!
I have that in mind too...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by toastedbread: 1:03am On Mar 06, 2018
I have this Brian system that i changed the HDD. after changing the hdd,getting a wireless driver, display driver na war film. can someone help out or point me in d right direction?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:07am On Mar 06, 2018
My roomate was using my system to watch movies and the volume ceased,up till now e neva cum up.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by justi4jesu(f): 5:53am On Mar 06, 2018
olihilistic:
My roomate was using my system to watch movies and the volume ceased,up till now e neva cum up.

Have you tried restarting it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 6:35am On Mar 06, 2018
toastedbread:
I have this Brian system that i changed the HDD. after changing the hdd,getting a wireless driver, display driver na war film. can someone help out or point me in d right direction?
Call or whatsapp 08139462401
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 06, 2018
justi4jesu:

Have you tried restarting it?
Good morning ma! I did still samething,earpiece is working perfect.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:58am On Mar 06, 2018
olihilistic:

Good morning ma!
I did still samething,earpiece is working perfect.

Which system is that? Some laptop comes with the option to mute sound on the laptop, might be on flap close to the power button switch or on the keyboard.

Check if you will see any sound symbol and enable it.

You said it is working well on earpiece, if you tried the above option and it still doesn't work consider replacing the speaker. VLC always damage laptop speaker if increase to maximum volume all the time,but try to see if you can enable it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 06, 2018
udemzyudex:

Which system is that? Some laptop comes with the option to mute sound on the laptop, might be on flap close to the power button switch or on the keyboard.

Check if you will see any sound symbol and enable it.

You said it is working well on earpiece, if you tried the above option and it still doesn't work consider replacing the speaker. VLC always damage laptop speaker if increase to maximum volume all the time,but try to see if you can enable it.

I think it's the VLC that have destroyed it.
It's Elite NoteBook.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:07am On Mar 06, 2018
olihilistic:

I think it's the VLC that have destroyed it.
It's Elite NoteBook.

The best thing to do is replace it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 06, 2018
udemzyudex:

The best thing to do is replace it.
Please like how much would it cost me? Location is Makurdi.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by toastedbread: 11:04am On Mar 06, 2018
horllamy:

Call or whatsapp 08139462401

oga, please share the link here so everyone can learn. no need to privatize am.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 11:26am On Mar 06, 2018
toastedbread:

oga, please share the link here so everyone can learn. no need to privatize am.
Sorry not a link is what can be done manually
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xwallace(m): 2:09pm On Mar 06, 2018
Please someone help me on where to buy original HP double cell battery and the cost at computer village
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 5:04pm On Mar 06, 2018
xwallace:
Please someone help me on where to buy original HP double cell battery and the cost at computer village
Hello there,
I'd like to know the kind of battery you are looking for.

I know why you're asking!
But the problem perhaps isn't where to buy but what you'll be buying.

I have the double cell for a fair amount.
It's unused.

If you'd like to make a purchase, kindly contact :08128714767

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xwallace(m): 8:43pm On Mar 06, 2018
Razak5:
Hello there, I'd like to know the kind of battery you are looking for.
I know why you're asking! But the problem perhaps isn't where to buy but what you'll be buying.
I have the double cell for a fair amount. It's unused.
If you'd like to make a purchase, kindly contact :08128714767
*Cheers*
hp 650 notebook
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by JhaayYoung: 11:59pm On Mar 06, 2018
Please I need help and guidance .
I have a power bank that can power 12v D.C devices (Decoder) and 19v DC devices (laptop charger or LED TV).
It has a port for the 12V and another for the 19v.
It works well for my HP laptop. I am considering using it to charge a Mac laptop too but I don't know if it's safe to connect the Mac cable like I connected my Hp cable . [/b]In the first picture of the Hp power cable below, you will notice I taped the HP charger cord to a cord that goes into the power bank, I want to do the same for the Mac cord. [b]
For clarity. I will upload a picture .
Question is, is it safe to connect the Mac charger cable to the power bank cable like I didn't with my HP laptop .

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:10am On Mar 07, 2018
JhaayYoung:
Please I need help and guidance .
I have a power bank that can power 12v D.C devices (Decoder) and 19v DC devices (laptop charger or LED TV).
It has a port for the 12V and another for the 19v.
It works well for my HP laptop. I am considering using it to charge a Mac laptop too but I don't know if it's safe to connect the Mac cable like I connected my Hp cable . [/b]In the first picture of the Hp power cable below, you will notice I taped the HP charger cord to a cord that goes into the power bank, I want to do the same for the Mac cord. [b]
For clarity. I will upload a picture .
Question is, is it safe to connect the Mac charger cable to the power bank cable like I didn't with my HP laptop .

This is a DC power supply, first check the voltage on your Mac charger, if it falls within that range then it will charge it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 5:30pm On Mar 07, 2018
udemzyudex:

This is a DC power supply, first check the voltage on your Mac charger, if it falls within that range then it will charge it.
Exactly!

Hi, @jaahyi young

You must be especially careful with the power ratings. A slightly big variation may trigger something unpleasant.
There's a reason why Macbook boards are called "logic boards". They sense even the slightest increase in the Amperage... E be like say dem carry winsh grin grin

*cheers*

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.