Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (886) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1266779 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 5:58pm On Mar 07, 2018
xwallace:

hp 650 notebook

Hello,

The battery shouldn't be that expensive.
Although lately the double cell has been scare. However the single cell is well within reach and its surprisingly affordable. Between NGN15000 and NGN18000...

*Cheers *
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NaHiim: 7:33pm On Mar 07, 2018
Please the connector to my power button ribbon cable is broken. Please is there any way I can still connect it. Urgent please.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 07, 2018
Pls my Compaq laptop when I put it on it no Ionger display on the screen. What could be wrong ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kedro(m): 1:07am On Mar 08, 2018
Can I use HP 650 screen on HP 655.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 6:39am On Mar 08, 2018
Kedro:
Can I use HP 650 screen on HP 655.

Yes bro .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NaHiim: 8:54am On Mar 08, 2018
NaHiim:
Please the connector to my power button ribbon cable is broken. Please is there any way I can still connect it. Urgent please.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:36am On Mar 08, 2018
NaHiim:

Hi there,
If it peeled off from the board where the ribbon is, you can resolder. However of it did break midway, you'll have no other option than to change the connector.

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:46am On Mar 08, 2018
Nyerhovwo101:
Pls my Compaq laptop when I put it on it no Ionger display on the screen. What could be wrong ?

Hello,
This is too little info.
Kindly look out for the following and get back to the forum.

1. The caps lock light: does it blink?
2.The beep: does the laptop ever beep? If it does, how many times? Also take note if they are long drawn beeps or short beeps.
3. The fan: does it spin? If yes, are all the lights on, like a normal working system?

PS: If you feel the above a bit tasking, see a tech from this stage.

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NaHiim: 10:44am On Mar 08, 2018
Razak5:

Hi there,
If it peeled off from the board where the ribbon is, you can resolder. However of it did break midway, you'll have no other option than to change the connector.

*cheers*

I didn't know it is replacable
Where can I get one?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NaHiim: 10:47am On Mar 08, 2018
Razak5:

Hi there,

*cheers*

I didn't know it is replacable.
Where can I get one
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 11:26am On Mar 08, 2018
NaHiim:

I didn't know it is replacable.
Where can I get one

Hello,
Your can get it in computer village.

What model of laptop is it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NaHiim: 12:17pm On Mar 08, 2018
Razak5:

Hello, Your can get it in computer village.
What model of laptop is it?
I'm in Ilorin
Its a hp Pavillon (g series)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 1:35pm On Mar 08, 2018
NaHiim:

I'm in Ilorin

Its a hp Pavillon (g series)
If your are on WhatsApp, kindly contact me on 08128714767.

Or if you're cool with it, we might as well continue our conversation here:

Any pix of the affected area?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 08, 2018
Razak5:

Hello,
This is too little info.
Kindly look out for the following and get back to the forum.

1. The caps lock light: does it blink?
2.The beep: does the laptop ever beep? If it does, how many times? Also take note if they are long drawn beeps or short beeps.
3. The fan: does it spin? If yes, are all the lights on, like a normal working system?

PS: If you feel the above a bit tasking, see a tech from this stage.

*cheers*
The caps light does not blink neither does it come up
2. The laptop beep but not very loudly... D beeping is continoius cos d screen does not come up and beep at d interval of 3 seconds
3.the fan spin and the light works perfectly except for one light which I have never noticed before since I bought the laptop.... The light is close to where they plug internet cable and it blink along side with d beep
4.if I should plug the laptop charger the screen display
Thanks for ur time
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 4:39pm On Mar 08, 2018
Nyerhovwo101:

The caps light does not blink neither does it come up
2. The laptop beep but not very loudly... D beeping is continoius cos d screen does not come up and beep at d interval of 3 seconds
3.the fan spin and the light works perfectly except for one light which I have never noticed before since I bought the laptop.... The light is close to where they plug internet cable and it blink along side with d beep
4.if I should plug the laptop charger the screen display
Thanks for ur time

Hello,
Here is the diagnosis;
1. Beeps at interval of three secs- has something to do with the display (may be VGA)
2. You plug in the charger it displays- now, this rules out the VGA issue in No. 1

Here's the result
A strand of wire running through the signal cable to the screen is corrupt (broken). You might have noticed that prior to this time when you turn your display you experience some slight flicker which you didn't count as something.
Although experienced technicians say it could be that the voltage from the battery end isn't flowing as it should to the screen.... But whatever it is, it's fixable.

Get a technician to look at the signal cable ASAP so you don't brick your board.

However after repair, you MIGHT have to live with something - That is- you may not be able to adjust the brightness of the display. undecided sorry.

BTW, what model of compaq is it?

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 08, 2018
Razak5:

Hello,
Here is the diagnosis;
1. Beeps at interval of three secs- has something to do with the display (may be VGA)
2. You plug in the charger it displays- now, this rules out the VGA issue in No. 1

Here's the result
A strand of wire running through the signal cable to the screen is corrupt (broken). You might have noticed that prior to this time when you turn your display you experience some slight flicker which you didn't count as something.
Although experienced technicians say it could be that the voltage from the battery end isn't flowing as it should to the screen.... But whatever it is, it's fixable.

Get a technician to look at the signal cable ASAP so you don't brick your board.

However after repair, you MIGHT have to live with something - That is- you may not be able to adjust the brightness of the display. undecided sorry.

BTW, what model of compaq is it?

*cheers*
Compaq presario CQ57-439wm....thanks, would get it done tomorrow
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TopWinner(m): 7:52pm On Mar 08, 2018
Guys, please, how much would it cost to replace a Dell Latitude E6400 laptop screen?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 8:16pm On Mar 08, 2018
TopWinner:
Guys, please, how much would it cost to replace a Dell Latitude E6400 laptop screen?

It depend ur location but at least 9 to 10k
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Pegasus01: 9:53pm On Mar 08, 2018
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 10:09pm On Mar 08, 2018
Pegasus01:
Good evening, please how much would it cost to fix a 15.6inch hp Pavillion screen. Hp 250 G4.
Call or whatsapp 08139462401
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chicobaddest(m): 12:59am On Mar 09, 2018
Razak5:

Hello.

Simply install the display drivers and you're good.
please how do i do that
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:00am On Mar 09, 2018
Pegasus01:
Good evening, please how much would it cost to fix a 15.6inch hp Pavillion screen. Hp 250 G4.

Hello,
It'll cost between 18k - 20k + fixing.
Reach me on 08128714767

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:03am On Mar 09, 2018
Nyerhovwo101:

Compaq presario CQ57-439wm....thanks, would get it done tomorrow

Hello,
You can always get a fix- 08128714767.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:09am On Mar 09, 2018
TopWinner:

Hello,
You can call or WhatsApp on 08128714767.
Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:20am On Mar 09, 2018
chicobaddest:

please how do i do that

Visit https://drp.su/en
Select "expert mode" > mark the Intel HD graphics > install.

If you can't attempt the above,
I could help out for a fee
Call or WhatsApp on 08128714767

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TopWinner(m): 10:20am On Mar 09, 2018
horlla my:

It depend ur location but at least 9 to 10k
Port Harcourt.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Benjaniblinks(m): 11:59am On Mar 09, 2018
Please Help! I Can't Access My Administrator Account After I Switch On Pc. If I Try Entering Some Settings It Displays....It Ask For Administrators Password. And I Can't Find Any Were To Input Administrator Password. I Tried Formatting, It Asks For Windows Installation Disc. It Seems The Dvd Hardware Is Not Working. Please Help. Windows 8.1.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by toastedbread: 2:45pm On Mar 09, 2018
horllamy:

Sorry not a link is what can be done manually

manually? meaning i'll have to come to your location abi?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 4:44pm On Mar 09, 2018
toastedbread:

manually? meaning i'll have to come to your location abi?
Not necessary
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 4:45pm On Mar 09, 2018
Benjaniblinks:
Please Help! I Can't Access My Administrator Account After I Switch On Pc. If I Try Entering Some Settings It Displays....It Ask For Administrators Password. And I Can't Find Any Were To Input Administrator Password. I Tried Formatting, It Asks For Windows Installation Disc. It Seems The Dvd Hardware Is Not Working. Please Help. Windows 8.1.

Hi, @Benjaniblinks
Hope you were able to resolve the issue with your compaq.

Windows 8.1 hmmm

I'd like to tackle this with the following assumptions.
1. That you're a medium level user. You can carry out basic computer operations including formatting - and that's it.

2. That you either upgraded to win 8.1 or mistakenly played around with some settings.

3. You're interested in OS being in a clean State.

Let's start with the basics
1. Grant Admin privilege
On your start, press Windows key+R >in the box, type " control userpasswords2".
A user accounts window opens
> select user by double clicking
> Click Properties
> Group membership tab
> be sure the radio button is on Administrators.

2. Check for file errors and correct them

The following method for running SFC.exe was adapted from Microsofts forum. - well what matters is it worked.

Run System File checker to see if you have any corrupted system files.
Go to Start Page > Type: CMD > The Apps page will come up. > Right click CMD.exe > Click “Run as Administrator” on the bottom pane.
>If you get the User Account Control prompt. Click Yes to continue.
>At the Command Prompt, type: sfc /scannow
This will check for any integrity violations and fix any corrupted operating system files.

There are other methods - but hey to much tweaking - which may not work.

Regarding the formatting of your PC, we'll you'll need an installation media (flash or DVD)....

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NaHiim: 6:24pm On Mar 09, 2018
Razak5:
If your are on WhatsApp, kindly contact me on 08128714767.
Or if you're cool with it, we might as well continue our conversation here:
Any pix of the affected area?
Thanks a lot sir. I've figured out a way around that. Please like how much can I get a new motherboard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:08pm On Mar 09, 2018
NaHiim:

Thanks a lot sir. I've figured out a way around that.
Please like how much can I get a new motherboard.

Hello,

A new motherboard for the same laptop?

(1) (2) (3) ... (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.