Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,387 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (887) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1277724 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NaHiim: 9:04pm On Mar 09, 2018
Razak5:

Hello,
A new motherboard for the same laptop?
Yeah
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hadex2d(m): 12:30am On Mar 10, 2018
my laptop thinkpad r400 lenovo can't boot to windows and safe mode it display the error bellow ................................
"A problem has been detected
and Windows has been shut
down to prevent damage to
your computer" ... *** STOP:
0x0000007e (0x80000003,
0x805c49b8, 0xf7a172b4,
0xf7a16fb0) ... blue screen

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 4:05am On Mar 10, 2018
hadex2d:
my laptop thinkpad r400 lenovo can't boot to windows and safe mode it display the error bellow ................................
0x0000007e (0x80000003,
0x805c49b8, 0xf7a172b4,

Probably the cause of the problem maybe your hard drive is bad or ur os is corrupt try to reinstall the os.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by coast27(m): 4:43am On Mar 10, 2018
Urgent help please, my HP 6930P has been a big problem to me, at first their were no display on the monitor, I took it for repair which the technician work on display Ic or what he called graphics IC, so after some weeks the same problem persists, I have been taking it for repair now more than five time still on the same problem , always no lights on the screen and the guy mostly work on the IC , please any advice on what might be causing this problem and better solution to it... One fam
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NaHiim: 7:19am On Mar 10, 2018
My hp pavillon (g series) laptop refuse to boot. Its just blank and the CAPS lock led keeps blinking. From what I read on a forum 1 blink signifies CPU problem. Can anyone elaborate on this please.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 8:27am On Mar 10, 2018
NaHiim:
My hp pavillon (g series) laptop refuse to boot. Its just blank and the CAPS lock led keeps blinking. From what I read on a forum 1 blink signifies CPU problem. Can anyone elaborate on this please.

Is ur system Is AMD or intel
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kapelvej: 9:45am On Mar 10, 2018
Please my laptop has become annoyingly slow. Please sir , how do I remedy this

320gig, core i3,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NaHiim: 11:07am On Mar 10, 2018
horllamy:

Is ur system Is AMD or intel

Intel sir
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 11:36am On Mar 10, 2018
coast27:
Urgent help please, my HP 6930P has been a big problem to me, at first their were no display on the monitor, I took it for repair which the technician work on display Ic or what he called graphics IC, so after some weeks the same problem persists, I have been taking it for repair now more than five time still on the same problem , always no lights on the screen and the guy mostly work on the IC , please any advice on what might be causing this problem and better solution to it... One fam

Hello @coast 27

One of the signs of an aging board is that some ICs on the board either grow weak or get detached from the board over a certain period of time.

In your case, the display IC (AKA graphics IC, AKA graphics card, AKA GPU, AKA VGA) has detached from the board.

So, you'll have to heat the display IC, so that it reconnects properly with the board.

Usually if you computer hasn't been used for too long, this should fix the issue and you should be able to use your system for a longer time.

However, yours is a different case! So, each time the GPU detaches, it doesn't display, and off you go again to the engineer - and the cycle continues sad

Now that you are fully aware of what's going on, the only permanent remedy to this issue is changing the board...

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Genteman: 12:03pm On Mar 10, 2018
Plz people help me. My laptop stuck in BIOS blue screen.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 12:05pm On Mar 10, 2018
kapelvej:

320gig, core i3,

Hello there,

Try the following first

1. Look at your hard drive, how much space is left? Are you the type that saves everything in the world in your computer? grin well if the space is large enough (60GB to 100GB), proceed to 2.

*Usually when you open files, programs, utilities etc, these programs and files usually break up leaving pieces scattered around (fragmentation) in the hard drive, now when next you want to access the files, the computer does an extra job by pulling all these file from wherever they are together. Hence the śluggishness. This takes us to step 2.

2. Defragment your hard drive.
What the hell is "defragment"? Well, defragmentation is a process that brings all your files in one piece so your computer can easily access them.

Here's how to go about it:
The process is pretty much the same on all windows versions - on the start menu(7&10)or start screen(8/8.1) find the disk defragmentation utility, run it
> a window opens showing how much fragmented your disk is. Click on the analyse button - this analyses the hard disk.
> If it says your hard drive doesn't need defragmentation, then the whole process is probably going to be useless for your HDD, just close the program.
>If it says otherwise, then go ahead and defragment. This might take some time depending on how fragmented your Hard drive is.
>After defragmenting, restart your PC, do you feel any
improvement?

*cheers*

BTW what windows version do you use? This could help us.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 12:11pm On Mar 10, 2018
Genteman:
Plz people help me. My laptop stuck in BIOS blue screen.
Hello

I'd like a bit more description. Starting from when you hit the power button.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 12:32pm On Mar 10, 2018
NaHiim:

Hello @NaHiim

Looks like your g series Laptop does have quite a few issues (from the power connector that peeled off to this... undecided)

well, regarding the blinks, I culled the following from a nairalanders article (@Miksoniks) from 2009-still relevant.

The diagnostic utilities use the LEDs near the Num Lock or Caps Lock keys to blink a series of error codes. There is a pause and the pattern repeats continuously at the end of the series of blinks until the error is resolved.
LED Component Error Condition
Blinking battery power LED Battery Insufficient charge on the battery
Blink: 1 - Caps Lock/Num Lock CPU CPU not functional
Blink: 2 - Caps Lock/Num Lock BIOS BIOS corruption failure
Blink: 3 - Caps Lock/Num Lock Memory Module error not functional
Blink: 4 - Caps Lock/Num Lock Graphics Graphics controller not functional
Blink: 5 - Caps Lock/Num Lock System board General system board failure
Blink: 6 - Caps Lock/Num Lock BIOS BIOS authentication failure

*cheers *
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NaHiim: 12:35pm On Mar 10, 2018
My hp laptop keeps blinking the caps lock led without booting.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NaHiim: 12:44pm On Mar 10, 2018
Razak5:

Hello @NaHiim

Looks like your g series Laptop does have quite a few issues (from the power connector that peeled off to this... undecided)

well, regarding the blinks, I culled the following from a nairalanders article (@Miksoniks) from 2009-still relevant.

The diagnostic utilities use the LEDs near the Num Lock or Caps Lock keys to blink a series of error codes. There is a pause and the pattern repeats continuously at the end of the series of blinks until the error is resolved.
LED Component Error Condition
Blinking battery power LED Battery Insufficient charge on the battery
Blink: 1 - Caps Lock/Num Lock CPU CPU not functional
Blink: 2 - Caps Lock/Num Lock BIOS BIOS corruption failure
Blink: 3 - Caps Lock/Num Lock Memory Module error not functional
Blink: 4 - Caps Lock/Num Lock Graphics Graphics controller not functional
Blink: 5 - Caps Lock/Num Lock System board General system board failure
Blink: 6 - Caps Lock/Num Lock BIOS BIOS authentication failure

*cheers *

Thank you very much for taking your time to try and help me. Actually I've resolved the power button issue. It was due to a silly mistake I made while trying to open it.

The caps lock led blinks just once before going off. I'm guessing its the cpu then. Will I have to replace the processor? I was also told by some engineer that ill have to heat the gpu.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 1:22pm On Mar 10, 2018
NaHiim:

Thank you very much for taking your time to try and help me. Actually I've resolved the power button issuekl. It was due to a silly mistake I made while trying to open it.

The caps lock led blinks just once before going off. I'm guessing its the cpu then. Will I have to replace the processor? I was also told by some engineer that ill have to heat the gpu.

Yes, you might need to check first and with another processor
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kapelvej: 1:26pm On Mar 10, 2018
Razak5:

Hello there,

Try the following first

1. Look at your hard drive, how much space is left? Are you the type that saves everything in the world in your computer? grin well if the space is large enough (60GB to 100GB), proceed to 2.

*Usually when you open files, programs, utilities etc, these programs and files usually break up leaving pieces scattered around (fragmentation) in the hard drive, now when next you want to access the files, the computer does an extra job by pulling all these file from wherever they are together. Hence the śluggishness. This takes us to step 2.

2. Defragment your hard drive.
What the hell is "defragment"? Well, defragmentation is a process that brings all your files in one piece so your computer can easily access them.

Here's how to go about it:
The process is pretty much the same on all windows versions - on the start menu(7&10)or start screen(8/8.1) find the disk defragmentation utility, run it
> a window opens showing how much fragmented your disk is. Click on the analyse button - this analyses the hard disk.
> If it says your hard drive doesn't need defragmentation, then the whole process is probably going to be useless for your HDD, just close the program.
>If it says otherwise, then go ahead and defragment. This might take some time depending on how fragmented your Hard drive is.
>After defragmenting, restart your PC, do you feel any
improvement?

*cheers*

BTW what windows version do you use? This could help us.
Thank you sir very much for your time. The hard is even 450, I still have 409 free space. I proceeded to the defragmentation thing, I discovered that it appears the laptop was programmed for automatic defragmentation because it displayed that the next defragmentation day was a three days earlier and that the next time is 4 days time, ie wednesday 14/3/2018,
Any way, I still went through your directive, at at the end of the run, it was 22percent analysed then I proceeded I did the defragmentation. But the laptop is still slow, any other suggestions please ? thank you sir
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by abiriba: 3:04pm On Mar 10, 2018
Hello House,
I need help with my laptop.
I woke up this morning to find my laptop screen completely blank.
Hp Elitebook 6930p.
Does it mean that the screen is bad because I connected it to another monitor and it showed?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 4:21pm On Mar 10, 2018
abiriba:
Hello House,
Hp Elitebook 6930p.
Does it mean that the screen is bad because I connected it to another monitor and it showed?

Hello,
Since it displayed in the external monitor, its either the screen connector (flex) or the screen.

*Cheers *
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 4:25pm On Mar 10, 2018
kapelvej:
Thank you sir very much for your time. The hard is even 450, I still have 409 free space. I proceeded to the defragmentation thing, I discovered that it appears the laptop was programmed for automatic defragmentation because it displayed that the next defragmentation day was a three days earlier and that the next time is 4 days time, ie wednesday 14/3/2018,
Any way, I still went through your directive, at at the end of the run, it was 22percent analysed then I proceeded I did the defragmentation. But the laptop is still slow, any other suggestions please ? thank you sir

You're welcome.
What version of Windows are you using?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kapelvej: 6:55pm On Mar 10, 2018
Razak5:

You're welcome.
What version of Windows are you using?
windows 7 Sir
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhockie(m): 7:37pm On Mar 10, 2018
My system started showing SMART HARD DISC ERROR. How do I solve the problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Benjaniblinks(m): 8:40pm On Mar 10, 2018
[quote author=Razak5 post=65698378]

Hi, @Benjaniblinks
Hope you were able to resolve the issue with your compaq.

Windows 8.1 hmmm

I'd like to tackle this with the following assumptions.
1. That you're a medium level user. You can carry out basic computer operations including formatting - and that's it.

2. That you either upgraded to win 8.1 or mistakenly played around with some settings.

3. You're interested in OS being in a clean State.

Let's start with the basics
1. Grant Admin privilege
On your start, press Windows key+R >in the box, type " control userpasswords2".
A user accounts window opens
> select user by double clicking
> Click Properties
> Group membership tab
> be sure the radio button is on Administrators.

2. Check for file errors and correct them

Hi, Mr Razak....After Trying The Above Options Without Any Success, I Decided To Boot With Safe Mode. Then I Was Able To Access Recovery, Nd My System Was Back. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Genteman: 9:04pm On Mar 10, 2018
Razak5:

Hello

I'd like a bit more description. Starting from when you hit the power button.

SIR, starting from the ON. once I press ON the system will pup up dell Windows start up. I.e F2 & F12 screen. And the Next thing I will see is that BIOS SCREEN. THE TIME WILL BE COUNTING UP. I hav tried every possible thing I can to do on my self all to no avail.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mtrinitymayor(m): 9:30pm On Mar 10, 2018
Goodevening N.L, Please What The Procedures Involved In Format An L.G Laptop And Installing A Window 7 O.S...?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mtrinitymayor(m): 9:44pm On Mar 10, 2018
Goodevening N.L Please What Are The Procedures To Format An L.G Laptop And Install O.S Windows 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hadex2d(m): 11:03pm On Mar 10, 2018
horllamy:

Probably the cause of the problem maybe your hard drive is bad or ur os is corrupt try to reinstall the os.
the dvd is not working. Can i reinstall it from usb flash drive ..nd if possible . How will i install it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:17pm On Mar 10, 2018
hadex2d:
0x0000007e (0x80000003,
0x805c49b8, 0xf7a172b4,

This is usually caused by a bad memory, remove clean the slot and insert them back or test to see the one with the fault. Another culprit can be a corrupt operating system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:19pm On Mar 10, 2018
coast27:

Long story short, get a new motherboard, if you want to get another make sure you don't get the one with double Vga.

If you're lagos and ready to get the motherboard, call or WhatsApp me on 08064724259
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:20pm On Mar 10, 2018
NaHiim:

Bad processor, it can even go beyond that of the required voltage that generate power to the processor slot is bad. Not to worry, take it to an engineer closer to you for troubleshooting.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:30pm On Mar 10, 2018
kapelvej:

320gig, core i3,

Click on the window key+R and type “msconfig”, when the window open, navigate to start up, uncheck those box with the items you don't want to run on background, note don't uncheck any system file, just some of your installed applications that are running on start up.

They save and reboot.
If you have an antivirus, run it to see if any malware will be detected.

Another solution is reloading the operating system or formating.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:34pm On Mar 10, 2018
abiriba:
Hello House,
Hp Elitebook 6930p.

Point your touch to the screen to see if you will notice any form of display, since it shows on external monitor I believe the caplock is running well.

So check with your touch first, you might notice something.

(1) (2) (3) ... (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.