Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,466 members, 7,819,703 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (906) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1270094 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (903) (904) (905) (906) (907) (908) (909) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:15am On May 12, 2018
PrinceCEE:

How'll I do it as my screen doesn't display anything apart from my dell's logo

Search this thread, have made a post on how to do a window restore.

You need to boot into save mode.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Maxcollins042(m): 10:34am On May 12, 2018
udemzyudex:

That's Windows 10 wahala, just search this thread there have been many solutions to this better still search the computer section.
Thanks. This issue is just annoying.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 12, 2018
Who have 8gb ram chip for sale??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 5:19pm On May 12, 2018
haymekus:
Who have 8gb ram chip for sale??

Hi.
I've got one.
I'd give you for 11500 for PC3. Abd 12500 for PC3L
I'm on WhatsApp on 08128714767

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TopWinner(m): 7:24pm On May 12, 2018
Any 2 or 3GB RAM chip for sale?
Location is Port Harcourt.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kennybisce(m): 1:09am On May 13, 2018
Hi boss, my Compaq PC is unable to start some applications it keeps saying " application is unable to start correctly 0xc000007b, click OK to close the app"
And all solutions I found on YouTube are not working pls any help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tammyboy1(m): 7:20am On May 13, 2018
hello,please help,my laptop had screen issues before i left for service,i dint take it with me,so for a whole year i dint turn it on,i tried turning it on now,its not displaying at all,the battery has died obviously because it doesnt power without being connected,the issue is someone told me the board has died that it cant be fixed,is this true? it just turns on but doesnt display anything on the screen,tried another screen but it's same issue...please help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:18am On May 13, 2018
kennybisce:
Hi boss, my Compaq PC is unable to start some applications it keeps saying " application is unable to start correctly 0xc000007b, click OK to close the app"

I'll advise you reload the operating system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:28am On May 13, 2018
tammyboy1:
hello,please help,my laptop had screen issues before i left for service,i dint take it with me,so for a whole year i dint turn it on,i tried turning it on now,its not displaying at all,the battery has died obviously because it doesnt power without being connected,the issue is someone told me the board has died that it cant be fixed,is this true? it just turns on but doesnt display anything on the screen,tried another screen but it's same issue...please help

When your laptop doesn't display, the first to take note of is the caplock button or caplock light, if it is blinking or if you press the caplock button does it respond normal i.e off and on?

When the caplock respond well, then your laptop motherboard is running well and everything is in good condition then all you have to do check flex or signal cable.

Which means you shouldn't have change screen, you should have change the Ram first, then processor before checking PCH /ICH, GMCH or VGA.

this ones need multimeter or DSO (oscilloscope) to check and you much have knowledge of schematic reading and how to repair.

Back to the main koko.

First of all check your ram, replace with another RAM to see, then check the processor if it is getting hot or not after powering it on.

You said I should help so I'm telling you what to do grin

If it is on board processor, you need to check voltage and signal with DSO, multimeter.
If processor is short you need an infrared BGA rework Station to replace it grin the machine cost over #200k grin

Before that you need to check Vcore sections and signal from SIO. grin

OK let me stop here, just change ram first, and change processor if no solution, just take it to a good engineer. Shikina

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 10:15am On May 13, 2018
kennybisce:

Hello...

Errors 0x0...7b and 0x00...5 can be really frustrating!

Oh, you expected me to type all those zeros abi? Who you wan stress grin grin

The following article was lifted (yes, I lifted it, any editing will dilute the juice cheesy) from techcrises.com

Error code 0xc000007b means INVALID_IMAGE_FORMAT , and generally occurs due to absence or damage of some system or application files. The most common cause of this error – problems with NVIDIA drivers, other video cards are also subject to look at.

However, there may be other reasons for this error: interrupted installation of updates, incorrect shutdown of the computer or deletion of programs directly from the installation folder. In addition, the error can be related with some damage in the files of the following programs: Microsoft Visual C++, Direct X and .NET Framework.

So let’s start with the methods to fix error code 0xc000007b in Windows 7, 8.1 and 10.

Methods to Fix Error 0xc000007b in Windows 7, 8.1, 10

Here are some methods to test one by one. Before trying them, don’t forget to check your system with any antivirus as sometimes this is due to some virus in your computer.

Method 1 . Update your NVIDIA video card drivers

The first action we would recommend before performing any others – to update the drivers for your video card, especially if it’s NVIDIA. Go to the official website of the manufacturer of your computer or laptop or just on the site nvidia.com and find the needed driver for your video card.

Download them, install and restart the computer. It is very likely that the error will disappear after that.

Method 2 : Running The Application as an Administrator

Try to start the game/application as Administrator. For example, in GTA, this in some cases helps to fix the error. Follow the instructions:

Right click on the application .exe file;
Click on the option Run as administrator.

Method 3 : Re-install The Application

This method is simply but it is helpful for a lot of people who had this problem. All you have to do is to re-install the application in which you are having this problem.

Uninstall the application from Control Panel.
Restart Windows.
Re-install the application from original disk/image.

Re-install other system applications that can cause this error (like DirectX, Visual C++ and .Net Framework). Download and install the latest version of this apps from official Microsoft website.

Note . When installing DirectX, it is necessary to go to the system folder SysWOW64 or System32 (depending on the OS version) and delete the files starting from d3dx9_24.dll and to d3dx9_43.dll. After that, install DirectX.

Method 4 : Try to run application using the compatibility mode

Sometime the application you are using is not compatible with your system. To fix this issue you have to try run these apps in compatibility mode. This is basically effective for the games which requires high system configuration like Fifa, Far Cry, Assassins Creed, Call of Duty and many others.

Run Application in Compatibility Mode :

Right click on Application icon –> Click on Properties;
Click on Compatibility tab;
Check-up the box named Run this program in compatibility mode for;
In the drop-down menu select an earlier version of Windows;
Click Apply, and then OK.

Check NTFS Application Permission :

Open Application installation folder. Open C:\Program Files (x86)\[Apps Folder]
Right click Application folder –> Click on Properties;
Click Security tab;
Check-up Full control. Check the checkbox inside the Allow column;
Click Apply, and then OK.

Method 5 : Check system files integrity

Check the integrity of the system files. To do this, open the command line with administrator privileges and execute the command:

sfc /scannow

With this command, Windows will scan system files and fix some errors.

If you receive an error Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files, run the following commands:

dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Method 6 : Check Your Hard Disk for errors

The cause of the error can be a corruption in the logical structure of the file system or physical damage to the disk and can be resolved by checking your hard disk.

Run Command prompt as administrator ;

Search for the cmd.exe in the search bar:

For Windows 7,10 – Click on the Start Button in the left bottom corner and type cmd.exe in the search bar.

For Windows 8.1 – Press the .Search key and type cmd.exe .
Right Click on the cmd.exe and click on Run as administrator;

Type chkdsk c: /f /r and press Enter.
It your Windows is installed on C:\ drive then it will ask you to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts;

Type Y and press Enter.

Now when you restart the Windows it will check the disk during system reboot.

Method 7 : Check and fix dll dependencies with Dependency Walker

In the event that the error is related to the error 0xc000007b when starting the game, it is worth trying to study the dependent files of the game using the utility Dependency Walker.

Download and unpack the Dependency Walker x64 from the official website http://www.dependencywalker.com/ ;

Run Dependency Walker, press File -> Open and select the problem game .exe file (not a shortcut);

In the Module section, find the red error messages;
Select problem dlls and look at the cause of the error;
If the error is Error opened file. The system cannot find the file specified …, so the problem is that this library is missing;

Try to find the appropriate dll files on the dll-files.com and put the downloaded files in the root folder with the game or in the C:\Windows\system32 folder;

Now you are done! This will fix Error 0xc000007b in Windows 7, 8.1 and 10.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My one kobo.
Things could get a bit messy along the line especially if you're not the geeky type. So be sure you know what you're doing else give to someone who does!

If all else fail, then a clean install of your OS is the next thing to do... Thereafter install a good Antivirus.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 10:20am On May 13, 2018
grin grin
udemzyudex:

When your laptop doesn't display, the first to take note of is the caplock button or caplock light, if it is blinking or if you press the caplock button does it respond normal i.e off and on?

When the caplock respond well, then your laptop motherboard is running well and everything is in good condition then all you have to do check flex or signal cable.

Which means you shouldn't have change screen, you should have change the Ram first, then processor before checking PCH /ICH, GMCH or VGA.

this ones need multimeter or DSO (oscilloscope) to check and you much have knowledge of schematic reading and how to repair.

Back to the main koko.

First of all check your ram, replace with another RAM to see, then check the processor if it is getting hot or not after powering it on.

If it is on board processor, you need to check voltage and signal with DSO, multimeter.
If processor is short you need an infrared BGA rework Station to replace it grin the machine cost over #200k grin

OK let me stop here, just change ram first, and change processor if no solution, just take it to a good engineer. Shikina

grin grin grin grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tammyboy1(m): 12:19pm On May 13, 2018
udemzyudex:

Back to the main koko.

bro whats the cost of changing the ram and processor?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adenine02: 1:56pm On May 13, 2018
skydancer:
Just post any problems you are having with your pc here. The more software related, the better. smiley

If you're having virus, worms or any other malware problems. Try scanning your PC with RoboSAM first.

Edit:
Sometimes, I may reply to your post but the spam bot will hide it, if it happens that others here cannot solve your problem, you can contact me by mail at relaxtuners at gmail dot com.

Good Luck

Mac users, go here: https://www.nairaland.com/830548/post-imac-macbook-macbook-pro
Ubuntu Linux users: https://www.nairaland.com/11508/ubuntu-linux

https://www.nairaland.com/4502007/please-desk-top-computer-stop

Please help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 8:36pm On May 13, 2018
tammyboy1:

Explain what you mean by you tried another screen. You connected the vga port to an external monitor? If yes then your friend might be right that it's a motherboard problem. Looks like onboard VGA is dancing death dance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tammyboy1(m): 9:05pm On May 13, 2018
airsaylongcon:

Explain what you mean by you tried another screen. You connected the vga port to an external monitor? If yes then your friend might be right that it's a motherboard problem. Looks like onboard VGA is dancing death dance
i just connected the vga port to an external monitor,luckily it came up,am happy at least,but still cant get it to display on the laptop's screen...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:26pm On May 13, 2018
tammyboy1:
bro whats the cost of changing the ram and processor?

From your last post, it's a VGA problem, take it to an engineer for check up.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:26pm On May 13, 2018
Razak5:
grin grin

grin grin grin grin

Lol.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 9:53am On May 14, 2018
tammyboy1:
i just connected the vga port to an external monitor,luckily it came up,am happy at least,but still cant get it to display on the laptop's screen...

The laptop screen may need to be replaced.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gpercuxionz(m): 2:29pm On May 14, 2018
Please someone should come to my aid oooo... I used my dell latitude e6400 ds mrn b4 going out to get some stuffs... Only to turn in on now... The power button is not coming up I remove the battery and turn in on directly from power source... It just making some sound but not coming up the power button light is not even showing light.. What can be the problem and what do I do am so confuse....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:25pm On May 14, 2018
gpercuxionz:
Please someone should come to my aid oooo... I used my dell latitude e6400 ds mrn b4 going out to get some stuffs... Only to turn in on now... The power button is not coming up I remove the battery and turn in on directly from power source... It just making some sound but not coming up the power button light is not even showing light.. What can be the problem and what do I do am so confuse....

Hello.
... Bring it over for diagnosis...or take it over to a technician nearest to you...

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Zane2point4(m): 8:57pm On May 14, 2018
pls house, why do my system have wifi connectivity issues, its doesn't seem to connect 4/10 of the times i try to.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Achor1111(m): 8:19am On May 16, 2018
skydancer:
Just post any problems you are having with your pc here. The more software related, the better. smiley

If you're having virus, worms or any other malware problems. Try scanning your PC with RoboSAM first.

Edit:
Sometimes, I may reply to your post but the spam bot will hide it, if it happens that others here cannot solve your problem, you can contact me by mail at relaxtuners at gmail dot com.

Good Luck

Mac users, go here: https://www.nairaland.com/830548/post-imac-macbook-macbook-pro
Ubuntu Linux users: https://www.nairaland.com/11508/ubuntu-linux
Pls my Toshiba Dynabook developed this fault recently, the system always hang when l plug in the charger, l have to force it shutdown on power button for it to be off, now l can't use the system while it is charging, only switch it off, charge it and use. Pls help

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:02am On May 16, 2018
Achor1111:

Pls my Toshiba Dynabook developed this fault recently, the system always hang when l plug in the charger, l have to force it shutdown on power button for it to be off, now l can't use the system while it is charging, only switch it off, charge it and use. Pls help

Hello there
Pretty obvious! Change the charger. Make sure the rating on the charger is same as that on the laptop (check the bottom part of the laptop, you'll see something like 19v,3.4 - yours might be different)

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Achor1111(m): 11:09am On May 16, 2018
Razak5:

Hello there
Pretty obvious! Change the charger. Make sure the rating on the charger is same as that on the laptop (check the bottom part of the laptop, you'll see something like 19v,3.4 - yours might be different)

*cheers*
l have checked it, my laptop is 19v and my charger output is also 19v. what could be the problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:30pm On May 16, 2018
Achor1111:

l have checked it, my laptop is 19v and my charger output is also 19v. what could be the problem?

He didn't say you should check it, he said change the charger.

Some times, a faulty charger can make the system to hang, go to where they sell charger, test it and see if it is working fine good if no give it back or if you have someone using Toshiba 19v test it with your laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:30pm On May 16, 2018
Zane2point4:
pls house, why do my system have wifi connectivity issues, its doesn't seem to connect 4/10 of the times i try to.

With phone or modern?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Funjosh(m): 2:40pm On May 16, 2018
My niece change her laptop password, but she can't remember the new one she changed it to. How can she recover it and gain access to the system. The OS is Windows 10.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Zane2point4(m): 4:55pm On May 16, 2018
udemzyudex:

With phone or modern?
with phone, thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:47pm On May 16, 2018
Zane2point4:

with phone, thanks.
On your laptop

Right click on the WiFi and select open network sharing centre.
At the left, click on manage network connection

You will see list of device that have connected, select your phone, right click and choose remove network.

Then you try to connect again with your phone.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:49pm On May 16, 2018
Funjosh:
My niece change her laptop password, but she can't remember the new one she changed it to. How can she recover it and gain access to the system. The OS is Windows 10.

There's this software she can use to remove password but doesn't work all the time, another way is to reload the operating system.

Reinstall another operating system, the old one will move to Windows old, there she can get back all her files except applications.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MrErudite(m): 8:13pm On May 16, 2018
hello guys I need help...

water entered my laptop n it's not charging or On again, pls how can I fix it...

Elitebook

thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by isaiahisaiah428: 10:01pm On May 16, 2018
pls my hp8440 corei5 hotspot is not connectin again. pls i nid hlp

(1) (2) (3) ... (903) (904) (905) (906) (907) (908) (909) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.