Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,020 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (911) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1264768 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (908) (909) (910) (911) (912) (913) (914) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 5:26pm On May 31, 2018
samobaba4u:
helloooooo, please I was watching a movie on my HP mini and the screen went blank but the movie still continues. so I turned it off thinking the battery was empty. later when I changed it, I tried to put it on and the screen still white blank.
Please what should I do? thanks

Rhetorical... Different Identity same question in 4 topics.

.......... Just incase you're real, pls visit a technician for a proper diagnosis.......

But then, I can bet it's screen. Depending on the kind of mini laptop, cost of screen range from 10k to 15k

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:47pm On May 31, 2018
samobaba4u:
helloooooo, please I was watching a movie on my HP mini and the screen went blank but the movie still continues. so I turned it off thinking the battery was empty. later when I changed it, I tried to put it on and the screen still white blank.
Please what should I do? thanks

Shows pure white right?
If that's the case two things is involve.

1. Might be a bad screen, so take it to an engineer close to you to fix it.

2. If after testing with another screen and it still shows pure white background as u said.

Then your screen is still OK, fault is from motherboard.

Just take it to an engineer, he/she will know what to do. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dolypson04(m): 9:09pm On May 31, 2018
Someone help me please. Some keys on my keyboard stopped working after an incomplete window update. All efforts to restore it to normalcy proved abortive. I have updated and rolled back the keyboard driver several times. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:53pm On May 31, 2018
Dolypson04:
Someone help me please. Some keys on my keyboard stopped working after an incomplete window update. All efforts to restore it to normalcy proved abortive. I have updated and rolled back the keyboard driver several times. Thanks in anticipation

Try reload the operating system first, same issue? Then you change the keyboard, same issue? Possible SIO fault.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samobaba4u(m): 11:20pm On May 31, 2018
Razak5:

Rhetorical... Different Identity same question in 4 topics.

.......... Just incase you're real, pls visit a technician for a proper diagnosis.......

But then, I can bet it's screen. Depending on the kind of mini laptop, cost of screen range from 10k to 15k

*cheers*
don't understand what you mean by your first statement but thanks anyway.
meanwhile I will appreciate if you can produce other identities that asked this same question and how you discovered it's same person. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samobaba4u(m): 11:24pm On May 31, 2018
udemzyudex:

Shows pure white right?
If that's the case two things is involve.

1. Might be a bad screen, so take it to an engineer close to you to fix it.

2. If after testing with another screen and it still shows pure white background as u said.

Then your screen is still OK, fault is from motherboard.

Just take it to an engineer, he/she will know what to do. cheesy
you got it bro, thanks a lot
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Noblewhiz(m): 12:17am On Jun 01, 2018
how do i get to setup wi-fi network in my elitebook 6730b
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 6:22am On Jun 01, 2018
samobaba4u:

don't understand what you mean by your first statement but thanks anyway.
meanwhile I will appreciate if you can produce other identities that asked this same question and how you discovered it's same person. Thanks

Naaah, grin don't take this seriously ok. After all I'm not using my real name on nairaland....

I'm not talking of same questions. There is now a trend I've noticed - a situation where a technician rather than provide way-outs always post problems 80% of the time.

Let.. me stop here. Mat have been an error on my part. p

Cheers
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:21am On Jun 01, 2018
Noblewhiz:
how do i get to setup wi-fi network in my elitebook 6730b

WiFi adapter driver is missing, download and install manually or get driver pack.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by decoco(m): 3:07pm On Jun 01, 2018
I use an Hp pavilion 15 laptop. The hinge is bad which is making the whole screen shake carelessly. My question is can the hinge be replaced without changing the whole case and if it can, how much does it cost for hinge replacement? If the hinge cannot be replaced then how much is the case?
If you have any info help a niqqa out, please.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by snadguy007(m): 6:19pm On Jun 01, 2018
Help me ooooo. I have an asus notebook pc which i downgraded from windows 10 to windows 7. The problem now is that the system does not connect to internet again. Wi-Fi and Lan connections are not working. I've tried downloading network drivers but none of the ones i downloaded seems to work.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NewLife87: 6:56pm On Jun 01, 2018
Hello guys.

I have a Unilorin Tab 8 3G tablet ordered specifically by UNILORIN from canada. It was made by mysys epad. I would like anyone to brief me on where I could get the touch screen driver for this windows 10 tablet.

I had to format this tablet PC and after reinstalling the windows 10, I have not been able to get all it's drivers, as I cannot find the manufacturer's website. I have been quite unlucky in my search. Please anyone who can help me, should do with the link. Thanks in advance.

Find attached pictures of the tablet am talking about. Thanks again

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:19pm On Jun 01, 2018
decoco:
I use an Hp pavilion 15 laptop. The hinge is bad which is making the whole screen shake carelessly. My question is can the hinge be replaced without changing the whole case and if it can, how much does it cost for hinge replacement? If the hinge cannot be replaced then how much is the case?

Hello...

First I want you to know that consistent shaking of the hinges as you have described it can affect the screenon'

Don't forget that the flex passes through the hinges... Hence prolonged usage can cause the flex to go bad.

Hinge replacement = 5k to 8k depending on the model of the pavilion 15.

Case is expensive...

Let me know the model of your pavilion 15

*cheers*

BTW I am on WhatsApp on 08128714767. You can also call
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:35pm On Jun 01, 2018
snadguy007:
Help me ooooo. I have an asus notebook pc which i downgraded from windows 10 to windows 7. The problem now is that the system does not connect to internet again. Wi-Fi and Lan connections are not working. I've tried downloading network drivers but none of the ones i downloaded seems to work.

Hi...

What's the model of the Asus Laptop.

Are the USB ports working?
If yes, you can connect to the Internet via USB tethering through your smart phone.

Once connected to the Internet, visit drp.su/en

Once in the site you'll download a tiny program that is expected to scan your system and shows you a list of Hardware and their corresponding drivers.

Now once the program starts, you should please select expert mode. In expert mode, select the chipset, ethernet, Wi-Fi and click install.
Don't forget to uncheck the programs as well to save time.

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nickymezor(f): 7:41pm On Jun 01, 2018
snadguy007:
hw far
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by snadguy007(m): 9:08pm On Jun 01, 2018
Razak5:

Hi...

What's the model of the Asus Laptop.

Are the USB ports working?
If yes, you can connect to the Internet via USB tethering through your smart phone.

Once connected to the Internet, visit drp.su/en

Once in the site you'll download a tiny program that is expected to scan your system and shows you a list of Hardware and their corresponding drivers.

Now once the program starts, you should please select expert mode. In expert mode, select the chipset, ethernet, Wi-Fi and click install.
Don't forget to uncheck the programs as well to save time.

*Cheers*
Thanks so much sir. The model is q500a and the usb ports are working.
Wish i saw this earlier. I will follow the steps you stated above.
Thanks once again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by snadguy007(m): 9:09pm On Jun 01, 2018
Nickymezor:
hw far
Nicky Mama. Quite a long time
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:44pm On Jun 01, 2018
NewLife87:
Hello guys.

I have a Unilorin Tab 8 3G tablet ordered specifically by UNILORIN from canada. It was made by mysys epad. I would like anyone to brief me on where I could get the touch screen driver for this windows 10 tablet.

I had to format this tablet PC and after reinstalling the windows 10, I have not been able to get all it's drivers, as I cannot find the manufacturer's website.
I have been quite unlucky in my search
Please anyone who can help me, should do with the link. Thanks in advance.

Hmmm

If it has a USB Port use an external mouse.

Using the external mouse, go to the device manager and look for HDD (Human Interface Device) and right click to see the touch device. Right click on this device the click on update

The method described above can a bit tricky at times.

Another method is to search go online and search but the problem is you can't type without the touchscreen...

How were you able to do the bolded though.

*cheers *
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:49pm On Jun 01, 2018
NewLife87:
Hello guys.

I had to format this tablet PC and after reinstalling the windows 10, I have not been able to get all it's drivers, as I cannot find the manufacturer's website. [b] I have been quite unlucky in my search[/b]Please anyone who can help me, should do with the link. Thanks in advance.

Hmmm

Using the external mouse, go to the device manager and look for HDD (Human Interface Device) and right click to see the touch device.

Right click on this device the click on update

Another method is to search go online and search but the problem is you can't type without the touchscreen...

*cheers *
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:51pm On Jun 01, 2018
NewLife87:
Hello guys.

I had to format this tablet PC and after reinstalling the windows 10, I have not been able to get all it's drivers, as I cannot find the manufacturer's website.

I have been quite unlucky in my search

Please anyone who can help me, should do with the link. Thanks in advance.

Hmmm

Using the external mouse, go to the device manager and look for HDD (Human Interface Device) and right click to see the touch device.

Right click on this device the click on update

*cheers *

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:53pm On Jun 01, 2018
decoco:

Now it depends on how bad it is, a pic of how it looks like would have been better.

Changing the hinges depends, if one is broken then you will have to buy both cos most engineers don't sell one hinges.

Which can cost up between 5-7k for both depending on the engineer selling.
But the broken one can be amended for a lesser price.

The hinges will be adjusted so it won't be very tight, this won't make it to pull off again from the carcass.

You also need to fix it fast before it damage the screen.

Reply with the pic of the laptop.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:53pm On Jun 01, 2018
snadguy007:
Get driver pack 15
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NewLife87: 9:56pm On Jun 01, 2018
Razak5:

Hmmm

Using the external mouse, go to the device manager and look for HDD (Human Interface Device) and right click to see the touch device. Right click on this device the click on update

*cheers *

Dear Razak,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried tht actually. For now I can access the tablet using an double headed otg cable which enables me to attach both an external mouse & keyboard. That's was how I was successful at installing the windows with a bootable flash drive created with rufus. When I try to update the HID touch driver, it tells me tht I am having the latest version. I have even tried to calibrate the touch screen to see if the screen will remember itself,it does not not work.

Please if you have other suggestions, am all eyes. Thank you smiley

N.b: why did u say that that aspect can get tricky?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:00pm On Jun 01, 2018
NewLife87:
Hello guys.

I had to format this tablet PC and after reinstalling the windows 10, I have not been able to get all it's drivers, as I cannot find the manufacturer's website. I have been quite unlucky in my search. Please anyone who can help me, should do with the link. Thanks in advance.

If it can't touch, how did u drive it?

See there are some tab /laptop that are made specially for a particular window, if you downgrade or upgrade some functions will stop working automatically.

It has been programm, but you can try the other option give to you Engr Razak.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nickymezor(f): 10:06pm On Jun 01, 2018
snadguy007:
Lol @ the mama. Snaddie u just forget me patapata . E no gud oo. How have been.?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 10:07pm On Jun 01, 2018
NewLife87:

Dear Razak,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried tht actually. Got now I can access the tablet using an double headed otg cable which enables me to attach both an external mouse & keyboard. When I try to update the HID touch driver, it tells me tht I am having the latest version. I have even tried to calibrate the touch screen to see if the screen will remember itself,it does not not work.

Please if you have other suggestions, am all eyes. Thank you smiley

Now that you have a keyboard, guess half of our problems are solved
(reminds me of a particular Sci-fi movie I watched six months ago) grin

Ehem moving on!!

In the start menu, type msinfo32, this should give the actual system name and model, now go online and search for the driver using that info.

The guy/lady above you has driver issues as well, you can follow the same directions. Except this time while you are in expert mode, you select only the touch driver... And chipset.

*cheers*

Oh in the movie, the guys name was "keyboard"... Can't remember the name of the movie...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nickymezor(f): 10:08pm On Jun 01, 2018
snadguy007:
lol@ nicky mama smiley. U just forget me patapata..e no gud ooo... How have u been?. I am doing ok.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NewLife87: 10:09pm On Jun 01, 2018
udemzyudex:

If it can't touch, how did u drive it?

See there are some tab /laptop that are made specially for a particular window, if you downgrade or upgrade some functions will stop working automatically.

It has been programm, but you can try the other option give to you Engr Razak.

Thanks Udemz,

I used external mouse and a keyboard to run everything. And about the windows, the device came pre-installed with same windows 10 32 bit version. Which is what I installed.

Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NewLife87: 10:16pm On Jun 01, 2018
Razak5:

Now that you have a keyboard, guess half of our problems are solved
(reminds me of a particular Sci-fi movie I watched six months ago) grin

Ehem moving on!!

In the start menu, type msinfo32, this should give the actual system name and model, now go online and search for the driver using that info.

The guy/lady above you has driver issues as well, you can follow the same directions. Except this time while you are in expert mode, you select only the touch driver... And chipset.

*cheers*

Oh in the movie, the guys name was "keyboard"... Can't remember the name of the movie...

Hahahah, Razak. Funny guy.

Drp.su website actually detected the drivers 1 week ago. I was just skeptical then, cos I didn't trust any drivers that wasn't coming from windows itself or the device manufacturer website; fear of russians. I will go along with ur suggestion and give u a feedback here tmrw. Meanwhile the device model chipset/processor was detected as UNILORIN baytrail atom z3735f, on capacity of 1.33ghz.

I will come bk again tmrw with feedback. Thanks man, u have been very helpful.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 10:19pm On Jun 01, 2018
NewLife87:

Hahahah, Razak. Funny guy.

Drp.su website actually detected the drivers 1 week ago. I was just skeptical then, cos I didn't trust any drivers that wasnr coming from windows itself, but will go along with ur suggestion and give u a feedback here tmrw. Meanwhile the device chipset/processor was detected as UNILORIN baytrail atom z3735f, on capacity of 1.33ghz.

I will come bk again tmrw with feedback. Thanks man, u have been helpful.

You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by uobimba(m): 3:01am On Jun 02, 2018
udemzyudex:

Search nairaland for solution, there are lots of solutions concerning this even on this thread.
chei locating is the challenge,this thread is very active and is now long
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 02, 2018
Please I need a laptop case for my Lenovo IdeaPad 300 (second hand preferably)... Any idea how much or where I can get?

(1) (2) (3) ... (908) (909) (910) (911) (912) (913) (914) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.