Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,910 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (913) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1264623 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (910) (911) (912) (913) (914) (915) (916) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by noskcid(m): 11:23am On Jun 05, 2018
udemzyudex:

Naa, if you format it, all your files will go away, reloading it will keep your files in Windows.old, where you can retrieve it back after reinstalling the windows.

Ok
Thank you very much sir to takimg out time to attend to me
The Lord bless you richly in jesus name amen.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Finstar: 3:35pm On Jun 05, 2018
Hey guys.. Please I seriously need help.

Just this morning, I decided to scan my elitebook 8440p for viruses using 360 Total Security. The software was set to automatically resolve any issue and shut down the system.

I came back few minutes later only to find my system shutdown..

I tried to reboot it.. It came up, but Instead of showing the log in interface, it's showing me a black screen..

Have tried everything I could but still the same problem.. How do I fix this?

Windows 8.1..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mosesoly(m): 6:54pm On Jun 05, 2018
please I want to format a System, each time I press F2 and F12,it's not responding and when i use external keyboard It's still the same, product is Lenovo.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:33pm On Jun 05, 2018
Mosesoly:
please I want to format a System, each time I press F2 and F12,it's not responding and when i use external keyboard It's still the same, product is Lenovo.

Use the Fn key plus the boot menu key.

E.g Fn+F12

Try that.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:34pm On Jun 05, 2018
Finstar:
Hey guys.. Please I seriously need help.

Just this morning, I decided to scan my elitebook 8440p for viruses using 360 Total Security. The software was set to automatically resolve any issue and shut down the system.

I came back few minutes later only to find my system shutdown..

I tried to reboot it.. It came up, but Instead of showing the log in interface, it's showing me a black screen..

Have tried everything I could but still the same problem.. How do I fix this?

Windows 8.1..

Do a window restore to go back in time cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mosesoly(m): 8:07pm On Jun 05, 2018
udemzyudex:

Use the Fn key plus the boot menu key.

E.g Fn+F12

Try that.

Thanks for your response, I finally got it, you have to press the NOVO button it is Lenovo G50
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:14pm On Jun 05, 2018
Mosesoly:

Thanks for your response, I finally got it, you have to press the NOVO button it is Lenovo G50

OK, some Lenovo requires you press the Fn button too, guess your model is different.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 05, 2018
No response yet on my question. Please how much will it cost me to change my Lenovo IdeaPad 300 entire case. I stay in Lagos if you have or know anyone that may have
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Brainpill(m): 10:30pm On Jun 05, 2018
I havn't charged my laptop since it went down four days ago because of power failure. I tried charging it now but it's not charging instead it's showing "0 % plugged in not charging" it has automatically turned to desktop which i cant use without plugging. I even unplugged the adapter to boot and see if the red light indicating ba3 low would come up but nothing did. There is current in d ba3 but dont know y it has refused charging. I have searched and tried all the proceedures I saw online but all to no avail.
Hp Elitebook 6930p. Pls help me out...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by midehill(m): 10:47pm On Jun 05, 2018
Brainpill:
I havn't charged my laptop since it went down four days ago because of power failure. I tried charging it now but it's not charging instead it's showing "0 % plugged in not charging" it has automatically turned to desktop which i cant use without plugging. I even unplugged the adapter to boot and see if the red light indicating ba3 low would come up but nothing did. There is current in d ba3 but dont know y it has refused charging. I have searched and tried all the proceedures I saw online but all to no avail.

I think you need another battery

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Brainpill(m): 11:10pm On Jun 05, 2018
midehill:

I think you need another battery

Thanks for ur suggestion
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 12:17am On Jun 06, 2018
Progworld1:
No response yet on my question. Please how much will it cost me to change my Lenovo IdeaPad 300 entire case. I stay in Lagos if you have or know anyone that may have

New or used?

If it is new just budget between 30-35k

Used will be cheaper, let's say #20-25k for the entire casing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 12:19am On Jun 06, 2018
Brainpill:

First of all test with another battery, go to where you want to get the ba3, insert it and see if it will charge.

If yes then you buy it if no, tell them it's not charging and take your laptop to a good engineer for repair.

Fault might be from

1. Battery
2. Motherboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Brainpill(m): 1:06am On Jun 06, 2018
udemzyudex:

First of all test with another battery, go to where you want to get the ba3, insert it and see if it will charge.

If yes then you buy it if no, tell them it's not charging and take your laptop to a good engineer for repair.

Fault might be from

1. Battery
2. Motherboard

alright thanks for ur suggestion
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:17am On Jun 06, 2018
Progworld1:

Hi Progworld1

Ideapad 300 casing shouldn't be expensive.
Brand new is 30k plus.
Used is 20k plus

*cheers*

I have new stock of laptop accessories, case+batteries+keyboard + Screen . Yes screen is now 5k cheaper. WhatsApp /call 08128714767
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sakabest: 8:24am On Jun 07, 2018
Please My System Doesn't Recognise My Hsdpa Usb Modem But Others Systems Do. Not That The Usb Port Is Spoilt O. It Doesn't Show In My Computer But In The Devices And Printers. This Started Since I Uninstalled It.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Noblewhiz(m): 8:51am On Jun 07, 2018
udemzyudex:

WiFi adapter driver is missing, download and install manually or get driver pack.

Thanks man... but another thing: my screen started showing lines, am worried. started from one - three within 20 minutes.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:30am On Jun 07, 2018
Noblewhiz:

Thanks man... but another thing: my screen started showing lines, am worried. started from one - three within 20 minutes.

Did you laptop fall, you mistake close it with force or place heavy load on it?

Anyway be prepared to get another one anytime soon.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Noblewhiz(m): 12:57pm On Jun 07, 2018
udemzyudex:

Did you laptop fall, you mistake close it with force or place heavy load on it?

Anyway be prepared to get another one anytime soon.

None of those happened.. just started with a line, to the second line, to the third.

hmm.. how much does it cost?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MillionDollars: 4:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
Please what can i do to my pc, the brightness do increase and reduce wen i bought it with the F2 and F3 button, but i updated my windows some weeks ago and the brightness will not reduce, please what can i do? Help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 4:42pm On Jun 07, 2018
MillionDollars:
Please what can i do to my pc, the brightness do increase and reduce wen i bought it with the F2 and F3 button, but i updated my windows some weeks ago and the brightness will not reduce, please what can i do? Help

Drive the display adapter, go to device manager, display adapter and update it.

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 4:42pm On Jun 07, 2018
Noblewhiz:

None of those happened.. just started with a line, to the second line, to the third.

hmm.. how much does it cost?
What's the model or screen size of your laptop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 4:45pm On Jun 07, 2018
Sakabest:
Please My System Doesn't Recognise My Hsdpa Usb Modem But Others Systems Do. Not That The Usb Port Is Spoilt O. It Doesn't Show In My Computer But In The Devices And Printers. This Started Since I Uninstalled It.

First of all connect your phone and see if it will charge the phone or if you can access your phone with it.

Go to the device and printers and update the drivers there.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MRoss: 4:57pm On Jun 07, 2018
Hello good people of Nairaland.. Please please where can I download MS Office Home and Business / Professional/365... Any one of the 3.. The one I have is Student and Home and it doesn’t have outlook which is my reason for installing MS office . WPS can serve my document and spreadsheet needs but I need Outlook for email functionalities.
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sakabest: 10:40pm On Jun 07, 2018
Please Can You Illustrate How I Can Do This?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sakabest: 10:51pm On Jun 07, 2018
[quote author=udemzyudex post=68269071]

First of all connect your phone and see if it will charge the phone or if you can access your phone with it.

Go to the device and printers and update the drivers there. [yes I Can Access My Phone But What I Didnt Get Is This Updating Of The Driver ]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sirsholley(m): 11:44pm On Jun 07, 2018
i just bought a printer to be installed on my hp laptop, each time i tries to install, my system keep saying one of the usb port on this computer is not recognized, please what is the solution?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 1:18am On Jun 08, 2018
sirsholley:
i just bought a printer to be installed on my hp laptop, each time i tries to install, my system keep saying one of the usb port on this computer is not recognized, please what is the solution?

Hi.
Model name of printer will help us a lot...and the Operating system you are using.
*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dejikays(m): 5:03am On Jun 08, 2018
I downloaded KMS auto to activate my windows 10, my PC got infected with virus in the process,had to back up my file and did a system reset to windows 7. Since then my PC has bn super slow. Pls advise on how to optimize the performance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onecornerboy(m): 8:03am On Jun 08, 2018
I RECENTLY INSTALLED WIN 8.1 ON MY DESKTOP AND I AM SEEING THIS IN THE OPERATING SYSTEM PLS WHAT DOES IT MEAN

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:25am On Jun 08, 2018
onecornerboy:
I RECENTLY INSTALLED WIN 8.1 ON MY DESKTOP AND I AM SEEING THIS IN THE OPERATING SYSTEM PLS WHAT DOES IT MEAN

Hi.
I would've asked what you wanted to know.

It means you're are using a system with a dual core processor, set of 6320 with a frequency 1.86GHz on each core. You're also running a 32 bit version of the OS that carries "USER" as the name of the PC. It also says your laptop does not have a touch screen or a pen device (if you think yours has then its not functional).
Finally, it carries a 2GB RAM.

End of story.

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onecornerboy(m): 8:32am On Jun 08, 2018
Razak5:

Hi.
I would've asked what you wanted to know.

It means you're are using a system with a dual core processor, set of 6320 with a frequency 1.86GHz on each core. You're also running a 32 bit version of the OS that carries "USER" as the name of the PC. It also says your laptop does not have a touch screen or a pen device (if you think yours has then its not functional).
Finally, it carries a 2GB RAM.

End of story.

*cheers*
THANKS I THOUGHT I WAS RUNNING A 32bit OPERATING SYSTEM ON A 64BIT

(1) (2) (3) ... (910) (911) (912) (913) (914) (915) (916) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.