Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (952) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1266713 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (949) (950) (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chikason68(m): 4:07am On Sep 27, 2018
Pls gurus in the house, my pc shows a FAINT white light as if it has full when plugged to light and it wont ON when i want to use it while at times when the FAINT WHITE light turns to red indicating that it is charging, the pc will just go off(shut down) when am using it. At first i thought it was the charger but even after replacing the charger, the problem still happens. I removed the battery (not too good) and tried using it without battery but it wont still ON as the it still shows a FAINT WHITE LIGHT in the power plugin indicator (it was suppose to be BRIGHT not faint). Any clue to what might be wrong with it. HP PAVILLION LAPTOP
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:09am On Sep 27, 2018
morningstar55:
Sometime ago,i tried installing PES 2017 using dvd,the message I got was Dll file(something like that)missing.i ignored,now I am trying to install Adobe CS6 using dvd and its saying missing file again.plz the gurus shud come to my aid.
cc:Udemzyudex,Razak
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

First of all you need to show hidden folder

In control pannel, select appearance and personalisation
Select folder, then click on view.
Under advanced setting, select show hidden folder and click on OK.

Search for task scheduler
Open it, click on task scheduler library.
Locate Adobe folder and rename it to dot old.
E.g Adobe.old

Click on OK, then go back and install your Adobe.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:11am On Sep 27, 2018
chikason68:
Pls gurus in the house, my pc shows a FAINT white light as if it has full when plugged to light and it wont ON when i want to use it while at times when the FAINT WHITE light turns to red indicating that it is charging, the pc will just go off(shut down) when am using it. At first i thought it was the charger but even after replacing the charger, the problem still happens. I removed the battery (not too good) and tried using it without battery but it wont still ON as the it still shows a FAINT WHITE LIGHT in the power plugin indicator (it was suppose to be BRIGHT not faint). Any clue to what might be wrong with it. HP PAVILLION LAPTOP

Low AC, probably not getting the required voltage from the charging circuit.
I'll Advice you take it to an engineer for diagnosis.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:13am On Sep 27, 2018
vestyne:
My Compaq Presario laptop doesn't come on again until I remove and replace the battery several times before pressing the power button. At times it won't even respond no matter how many times I remove and replace battery. Please what could be wrong, what's the remedy?

Take it to a laptop engineer for diagnosis. I can't really say what the problem is.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:18am On Sep 27, 2018
baba11:
Who knows the solution to this issues.

I'll just advise you to reinstall the operating then get a good anti virus.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by baba11(m): 11:44am On Sep 27, 2018
udemzyudex:

I'll just advise you to reinstall the operating then get a good anti virus.
Sure
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by quinSonia(f): 3:03pm On Sep 27, 2018
ePrive:

It's always better to update online.
That way, you'll get the latest and specific drivers for your system. Also, it's always advisable to run Windows update at least once after you buy a PC. If you go to a shop, you'll be given/ a driver pack which was downloaded months or years ago, therefore obsolete....and the drivers may not be fully compatible with your specific hardware.

pls I download the driverpackonline so ad when updating g my graphics driver the loading does not pass 10%

pls I Need help for my HP compact cq58

pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by otiwisdom: 7:30pm On Sep 27, 2018
Please help,is there any way to play gta5 on 32 bit
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by otiwisdom: 7:31pm On Sep 27, 2018
Please help, is there anyway to play gta5 on 32bit
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:05pm On Sep 27, 2018
baba11:
And this tablet. I think the touch is gone. It's not responding to my touching!!!!!!

Hello, Replace the touchPad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:33pm On Sep 27, 2018
baba11:
Who knows the solution to this issues.

Hello @baba11

Usually a system restore should fix this.

system restore is a process whereby you return your computer to a date where it worked fine. Some cal it a roll back

However in such cases where system restore does not work or fails, the user will have no choice other than to opt for a last resort by backing up their data and perform a clean install.--This is your case.

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:55pm On Sep 27, 2018
otiwisdom:
Please help, is there anyway to play gta5 on 32bit

Hello.
No. You can't.

Ok, I know you're thinking, maybe there's a rig- a hack or something grin grin Well, don't bother. Tried several and didnt get the full power of the GTA5...did tons of registry sh*** Had to re-install my OS in the end.

So @otiwisdom, re-install your OS to a 64-bit version and enjoy GTA in full force!! cool

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 10:02pm On Sep 27, 2018
quinSonia:

pls I download the driverpackonline so ad when updating g my graphics driver the loading does not pass 10%

pls I Need help for my HP compact cq58

pls

Hello quinSonia.

Just be a bit patient, display drivers could take longer time to install.
If you have a good internet connection, the installation should complete. Once complete, restart your system.

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 10:04pm On Sep 27, 2018
udemzyudex:

E.g Adobe.old

Nice one...One of the issues with "copied" versions...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by iamphilips(m): 10:09pm On Sep 27, 2018
SALES OF NEW STOCK STARTS TOMORROW......

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by otiwisdom: 10:12pm On Sep 27, 2018
Razak5:

Hello.
No. You can't.

Ok, I know you're thinking, maybe there's a rig- a hack or something grin grin Well, don't bother. Tried several and didnt get the full power of the GTA5...did tons of registry sh*** Had to re-install my OS in the end.

So @otiwisdom, re-install your OS to a 64-bit version and enjoy GTA in full force!! cool

*Cheers*
but I check the properties of my PC and it is saying not capable of 64 but if I install the 64bit is will it work
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 10:41pm On Sep 27, 2018
otiwisdom:
but I check the properties of my PC and it is saying not capable of 64 but if I install the 64bit is will it work

well, Lets see the properties of your laptop.

@udemzyudex open your eye o, lets look at this together. shocked
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by baba11(m): 6:36am On Sep 28, 2018
Razak5:

Hello @baba11

Usually a system restore should fix this.

system restore is a process whereby you return your computer to a date where it worked fine. Some cal it a roll back

However in such cases where system restore does not work or fails, the user will have no choice other than to opt for a last resort by backing up their data and perform a clean install.--This is your case.

*Cheers*
Solution found already. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nanaman(m): 7:27am On Sep 28, 2018
I need battery for my laptop

Dell Vostro 2420
Location...Abeokuta
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 8:38am On Sep 28, 2018
nanaman:
I need battery for my laptop

Dell Vostro 2420
Location...Abeokuta

Go to oke Ilewo
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tolimaxman: 12:40pm On Sep 28, 2018
I need an internal hard disc drive of 1Terabyte for my Acer aspire laptop using a 4gig RAM. please what brand of hard disk will u advice me to buy. Thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dboy55(m): 4:42pm On Sep 28, 2018
tolimaxman:
I need an internal hard disc drive of 1Terabyte for my Acer aspire laptop using a 4gig RAM. please what brand of hard disk will u advice me to buy. Thank you
SATA hard drive .
That's what you will need to buy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 6:41pm On Sep 28, 2018
tolimaxman:
I have 500gb for 12k...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by quinSonia(f): 7:25pm On Sep 28, 2018
Razak5:

Hello quinSonia.

Just be a bit patient, display drivers could take longer time to install.
If you have a good internet connection, the installation should complete. Once complete, restart your system.

*Cheers*

bros the patience no be here,10% since or can anybody help me do it,I just need only the graphics update
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:31pm On Sep 28, 2018
baba11:

Solution found already. Thanks

Great!!
Mind sharing?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 28, 2018
udemzyudex:

E.g Adobe.old

couldn't find Adobe folder in task scheduler library
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Enasdan(m): 10:51pm On Sep 28, 2018
good evening house, my system was formatted, all my files were backed up, after formatting all my file were retrieve back and due to insufficient space they were deleted where they were all backup, the problem I have now is some of my important projects work they were retrieved are showing in shortcuts, I cannot view, please do help me, they are my project work, all my project work are now showing shortcut, I can open them, please your help is needed urgently. thanks in advance for your swift responses, I do appreciate
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ePrive(m): 2:39am On Sep 29, 2018
Enasdan:
good evening house, my system was formatted, all my files were backed up, after formatting all my file were retrieve back and due to insufficient space they were deleted where they were all backup, the problem I have now is some of my important projects work they were retrieved are showing in shortcuts, I cannot view, please do help me, they are my project work, all my project work are now showing shortcut, I can open them, please your help is needed urgently. thanks in advance for your swift responses, I do appreciate

What kind of backup did you do initially ? Windows backup ? To what type of drive ?
If it's Windows backup, in the backup drive, check the file history. And when you're retrieving backed up files like say; Documents , don't just select Documents and press restore. Instead, click through the Document folder and highlight the file(s) you want to restore....then restore.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Enasdan(m): 6:18am On Sep 29, 2018
ePrive:

What kind of backup did you do initially ? Windows backup ? To what type of drive ?
If it's Windows backup, in the backup drive, check the file history. And when you're retrieving backed up files like say; Documents , don't just select Documents and press restore. Instead, click through the Document folder and highlight the file(s) you want to restore....then restore.
after the formatting the system, some files that were permanently deleted were able to been retrieve using data recovery software but they refuse to open, they are now in shortcuts, that's the challenge,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jhorjhor: 9:20am On Sep 29, 2018
Hi Everyone...had to repost this question cos I've not been able to get a solution

I use an HP 15 laptop...My PC was working fine until one day when i noticed it began to lag as soon as I plug the charger into it...the CpU speed reduces immediately from 2.5ghz to 0.5ghz...the system remains like that until i remove the battery and then reinsert it...the speed then returns to normal until i plug the charger in again...What could be the possible cause for this??

PS:I've tried differrent other chargers
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:27am On Sep 29, 2018
Razak5:

well, Lets see the properties of your laptop.

@udemzyudex open your eye o, lets look at this together. shocked

If his bios can't take 64bit then there's nothing he can do.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:28am On Sep 29, 2018
jhorjhor:
Hi Everyone...had to repost this question cos I've not been able to get a solution

I use an HP 15 laptop...My PC was working fine until one day when i noticed it began to lag as soon as I plug the charger into it...the CpU speed reduces immediately from 2.5ghz to 0.5ghz...the system remains like that until i remove the battery and then reinsert it...the speed then returns to normal until i plug the charger in again...What could be the possible cause for this??

PS:I've tried differrent other chargers

The speed reduce anytime you plugin the charger?

(1) (2) (3) ... (949) (950) (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.