Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,303 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (949) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1269772 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (946) (947) (948) (949) (950) (951) (952) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Graceman01: 9:19pm On Sep 12, 2018
Good day Nairalanders..i need help please...
My zte mf667 mtn fastlink modem is unlocked but it still only accepts mtn sims card..funny enough, it accepts just some mtn sim cards..
It doesn't accept any other network's sim...
How can i fix this please..thanks in advance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by quinSonia(f): 2:08am On Sep 13, 2018
udemzyudex:

If it works with iPhone cord, it should be able to work with normal USB cord, I'll suggest you try another good USB cord,then check with someone else phone too, to see if it will work.

If you're still experiencing the same thing, just update the drivers.

thank you,I updated the drivers and everything is working well

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by quinSonia(f): 2:08am On Sep 13, 2018
mywifi no lingers works with my lappy,pls I need help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kodded(m): 2:57am On Sep 13, 2018
abeg gurus in the house, between this two laptop, which should I go for ?

HP PROBOOK 4520S Intel Corei3
Intel Corei3 @2.53ghz, 4gb ram, @55k

Slim Acer Aspire E1 15.6inches
Intel Pentium Dualcore @2.2ghz, 4gb ram @50k
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 8:30am On Sep 13, 2018
kodded:
abeg gurus in the house, between this two laptop, which should I go for ?

HP PROBOOK 4520S Intel Corei3
Intel Corei3 @2.53ghz, 4gb ram, @55k

Slim Acer Aspire E1 15.6inches
Intel Pentium Dualcore @2.2ghz, 4gb ram @50k
Hp Probook

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 8:31am On Sep 13, 2018
quinSonia:
mywifi no lingers works with my lappy,pls I need help
Update the driver also. or check switch to be sure it's on
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 13, 2018
I bought a desket all in one printer, have not used it since I bought it, for over 19 month now. when I decide to use it now d black light indicator is blinking and d black ink not working. plz what d solution and how much can I replace d catridge. is it advisable to repair it or go buy one DAT use toner not to waste money. plz help and advice me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AJIBBS: 11:17pm On Sep 13, 2018
Razak5:

Hello 5k to 6k Plus fixing.
The number buttons and qwerty buttons are the only ones not working.
will I have to buy another one or it can be fixed ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rexnegro(m): 11:39pm On Sep 13, 2018
skydancer:
Just post any problems you are having with your pc here. The more software related, the better. smiley

If you're having virus, worms or any other malware problems. Try scanning your PC with RoboSAM first.

Edit:
Sometimes, I may reply to your post but the spam bot will hide it, if it happens that others here cannot solve your problem, you can contact me by mail at relaxtuners at gmail dot com.

Good Luck

Mac users, go here: https://www.nairaland.com/830548/post-imac-macbook-macbook-pro
Ubuntu Linux users: https://www.nairaland.com/11508/ubuntu-linux
good evening bro, please I want to ask , is it normal for me to use updated Windows defender to full scan my pc and am seeing close to 2million items scanned since 30hours ago? I don't just get it what is it scanning up to that amount. always like that whenever I use it to scan my pc .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 4:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
AJIBBS:

The number buttons and qwerty buttons are the only ones not working.

will I have to buy another one or it can be fixed ?

Thats too many Keys already....You'll have to change the entire thing
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 14, 2018
udemzyudex:

For now, I'm not available.
check your inbox sir...thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Infamous(m): 1:46am On Sep 15, 2018
Hi all,
On Thursday, I was prompted to schedule a restart as there were updates that were downloaded (I don't even know how, I turned off automatic updates).
I scheduled the update. When the time was due, it restarted. Took some time I must tell you.
After it turned on, I pressed virtually each key on the keyboard, the mouse (left and right clicks) to get to the field where I would enter my password, and there were no movements. The keys weren't responding.
I held the power button down for a forceful power off and after it was done, I turned the computer on.
I tried to access the startup options to be able to reset the pc. After a successful reset, I still couldn't access my pc. (I did this several times).
Now the only option I think I have is to reinstall windows while deleting all personal files and I really don't want to take this route as I have important files on it.
I have win 10 and win 8 cds. Each time I tried to boot from CD-ROM, I am told that I already have a media creation tool installed on the pc and that I should uninstall it first before proceeding. (This isn't an option as I cannot access my files without logging on to the pc).
I have tried system restore and it didn't work as the pc couldn't find restore points.
So I need some help/suggestions on this.
Thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hustlersdiary: 2:00am On Sep 15, 2018
I scanned my system and it showed over a hundred threats I decided to resolve it and restart the system. After restarting it keeps showing a blank screen after windows log in. Any idea what I can do?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by quinSonia(f): 3:01am On Sep 15, 2018
polimaf:
Update the driver also. or check switch to be sure it's on

how do I update my graphics card driver,I tried putting android emulator but it shows update your graphics driver
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nonny1212: 9:25am On Sep 15, 2018
After i upgraded to the latest versiob of windows 10(1803). My WIFI connection and signal has been so weak. Most times, My PC finds it difficult to find my phone's hotspot and when it does, it gets one bar on signal and disconnects after some minutes. My laptop is Hp elitebook 8460p.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Eugram(m): 9:45am On Sep 15, 2018
Whether you're new to social media or just looking to close a few knowledge gaps, we're glad you stopped by. By now, we've all heard how valuable—even essential—social media can be. Whether your current sentiment leans more toward enthusiasm or trepidation, there's no way around the fact that social media is a far more complex field than it first seems. Diving in without a sense for what it's like can be overwhelming, and building a network that provides real value takes both savvy and hard work, but fear not—we're here to help! We hope you'll find this to be one of the most comprehensive social media resources available, and that no matter what your skill level is, there's plenty in here to help you improve your social presence. What are we waiting for? Let's dive in!

What is social media?
"Social media" is a way for people to communicate and interact online. While it has been around since the dawn of the World Wide Web, in the last 10 years or so we've seen a surge in both the number and popularity of social media sites. It's called social media because users engage with (and around) it in a social context, which can include conversations, commentary, and other user-generated annotations and engagement interactions.

Publishing content has become exponentially simpler over the last several years, which has helped skyrocket the use of social media. Non-technical web users are now able to easily create content on a rapidly growing number of platforms, including those that are owned (hosted communities, blogs, etc.), rented (social networks or third-party communities), and occupied (commenting, contributing, etc.). Today's web has shifted from a "one-to-many" to a "many-to-many" method of engagement, and we're loving it.

For businesses, the shift in web consumerism and accompanying rise in social media brings both opportunity and responsibility. The sheer amount of data that customers make available through social media alone has web marketers jumping for joy. The real magic, however, lies in the opportunity to grow lasting and scalable relationships with your organization's customer base through social media. This is also where your online responsibility to your customers begins to take shape. Just as your customers' behavior has shifted, so have their expectations for yours. Whether your business is listening and engaging or not, customers are having conversations relevant to your operations. It's better to be part of the conversation, right? We sure think so!
Is social media just a fad?

Over the last several years, there has been an explosion of growth in popular social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, and many others. It's safe to say that the era of social media is just getting started, and the need for social media in business will only become stronger over time. The whole world has seen the impact of the expansion and adoption of social media tactics, and the rising stats speak for themselves.
READ THIS Installing and Customizing Carrington Mobile Theme for WordPress

Why does my company need social media?

Whether you are running a small, local operation, or heading a global, enterprise-level effort, the statistics above make it clear: Your customers are online. They are interacting in social channels with their friends, colleagues, and other brands in search of information, recommendations, and entertainment. If your company is not around to answer, a competitor will be. In doing so, your competitor will quite likely take away the customer at hand, along with anyone else listening.

There are tons of opportunities to add value—even to delight!—and making that connection can help build a person's relationship with a company, brand, or representative. Those relationships create the foundation for what can eventually become one of your greatest marketing assets: customer advocacy.

Because so much of the customer experience now lives on the web, social media enables brands to take part in a customer's online experience outside of the typical channels.

If you ever find yourself in a bind, your advocates will help remind the rest of the world who they're rooting for. Advocacy is not something that you can stumble upon or buy. Advocacy is earned over time through continuous and positive engagement with your customer base. It is earned through experiences that delight, and through the delivery of the highest class of customer service.

Advocacy is the nirvana of social media, and it is through advocacy that your efforts start to truly scale and grow. It shows that your brand is doing such an amazing job that your customers shout about your brand from rooftops, sharing their opinions and experiences with their networks. That sharing is the best marketing a brand can ask for.

Identifying potential advocates is a good first step. You can use social tools (many of which are outlined in the rest of this guide), site data, customer data, and even your own observations to help you pick out which customers are likely to go to bat for your brand. You'll want to figure out what is most important to those potential advocates. What are they looking for? Are they fishing for recognition? Are they excited by exclusive access to news and/or content? Figure out what type of advocates your brand attracts and find ways to recognize them for their advocacy. It is important to note, though, that most of your greatest community relationships will be built organically. While your research and brand knowledge encourages people and helps you put the right foot forward, relationships take time.
READ THIS 8 Tips For Getting Active Instagram Followers

The transition from a passive web to an interactive web has brought with it many changes affecting how individuals connect with one another and also how businesses operate. At this stage in the game, it's fair to say that a web presence is critical to the success of a business. You can't get ahead if you're ignoring your customer's online conversations or opting to look the other way. Use this opportunity to get closer to your audience than ever before—reach more people in a genuine and authentic manner, drive more qualified site traffic, increase the authority of your brand, engage the people who influence your customers' behavior, and gain the data necessary for insights-based business decisions.

Maybe a better question is, why wouldn't your company use social media?
How can social be a springboard for success in other marketing channels?

Keep in mind that neither your customers' experience nor your brand starts with Twitter, Facebook, or your blog. Social media should take your existing brand and solidify it, galvanize it, and bolster it. Your efforts in social media should be an extension of everything else you do in all departments of your company. Capturing your company's voice and sharing it with the world through social media will open up unique opportunities in all other channels of inbound marketing, including SEO, branding, public relations, sales, and more.

click the link below to read post

http://eugramtv.com.ng/beginners-guide-to-social-media/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 10:26am On Sep 15, 2018
Eugram:
Whether you're new to social media or just looking to close a few knowledge gaps, we're glad you stopped by. By now, we've all heard how valuable—even essential—social media can be. Whether your current sentiment leans more toward enthusiasm or trepidation, there's no way around the fact that social media is a far more complex field than it first seems. Diving in without a sense for what it's like can be overwhelming, and building a network that provides real value takes both savvy and hard work, but fear not—we're here to help! We hope you'll find this to be one of the most comprehensive social media resources available, and that no matter what your skill level is, there's plenty in here to help you improve your social presence. What are we waiting for? Let's dive in!

What is social media?
"Social media" is a way for people to communicate and interact online. While it has been around since the dawn of the World Wide Web, in the last 10 years or so we've seen a surge in both the number and popularity of social media sites. It's called social media because users engage with (and around) it in a social context, which can include conversations, commentary, and other user-generated annotations and engagement interactions.

Publishing content has become exponentially simpler over the last several years, which has helped skyrocket the use of social media. Non-technical web users are now able to easily create content on a rapidly growing number of platforms, including those that are owned (hosted communities, blogs, etc.), rented (social networks or third-party communities), and occupied (commenting, contributing, etc.). Today's web has shifted from a "one-to-many" to a "many-to-many" method of engagement, and we're loving it.

For businesses, the shift in web consumerism and accompanying rise in social media brings both opportunity and responsibility. The sheer amount of data that customers make available through social media alone has web marketers jumping for joy. The real magic, however, lies in the opportunity to grow lasting and scalable relationships with your organization's customer base through social media. This is also where your online responsibility to your customers begins to take shape. Just as your customers' behavior has shifted, so have their expectations for yours. Whether your business is listening and engaging or not, customers are having conversations relevant to your operations. It's better to be part of the conversation, right? We sure think so!
Is social media just a fad?

Over the last several years, there has been an explosion of growth in popular social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, and many others. It's safe to say that the era of social media is just getting started, and the need for social media in business will only become stronger over time. The whole world has seen the impact of the expansion and adoption of social media tactics, and the rising stats speak for themselves.
READ THIS Installing and Customizing Carrington Mobile Theme for WordPress

Why does my company need social media?

Whether you are running a small, local operation, or heading a global, enterprise-level effort, the statistics above make it clear: Your customers are online. They are interacting in social channels with their friends, colleagues, and other brands in search of information, recommendations, and entertainment. If your company is not around to answer, a competitor will be. In doing so, your competitor will quite likely take away the customer at hand, along with anyone else listening.

There are tons of opportunities to add value—even to delight!—and making that connection can help build a person's relationship with a company, brand, or representative. Those relationships create the foundation for what can eventually become one of your greatest marketing assets: customer advocacy.

Because so much of the customer experience now lives on the web, social media enables brands to take part in a customer's online experience outside of the typical channels.

If you ever find yourself in a bind, your advocates will help remind the rest of the world who they're rooting for. Advocacy is not something that you can stumble upon or buy. Advocacy is earned over time through continuous and positive engagement with your customer base. It is earned through experiences that delight, and through the delivery of the highest class of customer service.

Advocacy is the nirvana of social media, and it is through advocacy that your efforts start to truly scale and grow. It shows that your brand is doing such an amazing job that your customers shout about your brand from rooftops, sharing their opinions and experiences with their networks. That sharing is the best marketing a brand can ask for.

Identifying potential advocates is a good first step. You can use social tools (many of which are outlined in the rest of this guide), site data, customer data, and even your own observations to help you pick out which customers are likely to go to bat for your brand. You'll want to figure out what is most important to those potential advocates. What are they looking for? Are they fishing for recognition? Are they excited by exclusive access to news and/or content? Figure out what type of advocates your brand attracts and find ways to recognize them for their advocacy. It is important to note, though, that most of your greatest community relationships will be built organically. While your research and brand knowledge encourages people and helps you put the right foot forward, relationships take time.
READ THIS 8 Tips For Getting Active Instagram Followers

The transition from a passive web to an interactive web has brought with it many changes affecting how individuals connect with one another and also how businesses operate. At this stage in the game, it's fair to say that a web presence is critical to the success of a business. You can't get ahead if you're ignoring your customer's online conversations or opting to look the other way. Use this opportunity to get closer to your audience than ever before—reach more people in a genuine and authentic manner, drive more qualified site traffic, increase the authority of your brand, engage the people who influence your customers' behavior, and gain the data necessary for insights-based business decisions.

Maybe a better question is, why wouldn't your company use social media?
How can social be a springboard for success in other marketing channels?

Keep in mind that neither your customers' experience nor your brand starts with Twitter, Facebook, or your blog. Social media should take your existing brand and solidify it, galvanize it, and bolster it. Your efforts in social media should be an extension of everything else you do in all departments of your company. Capturing your company's voice and sharing it with the world through social media will open up unique opportunities in all other channels of inbound marketing, including SEO, branding, public relations, sales, and more

click the link below to read post

http://eugramtv.com.ng/beginners-guide-to-social-media/

Hi.
Whilst I'll say this is a sensible post, and while I agree with the last paragraph...Social Media in Computer repair section? grin grin More Like Oil in Water...

**Cheers**

Let me suggest: Business section, Investment...

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 11:03am On Sep 15, 2018
quinSonia:

how do I update my graphics card driver,I tried putting android emulator but it shows update your graphics driver
You need to get the driver online or from a store and then update....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 11:05am On Sep 15, 2018
Infamous:
Hi all,
On Thursday, I was prompted to schedule a restart as there were updates that were downloaded (I don't even know how, I turned off automatic updates).
I scheduled the update. When the time was due, it restarted. Took some time I must tell you.
After it turned on, I pressed virtually each key on the keyboard, the mouse (left and right clicks) to get to the field where I would enter my password, and there were no movements. The keys weren't responding.
I held the power button down for a forceful power off and after it was done, I turned the computer on.
I tried to access the startup options to be able to reset the pc. After a successful reset, I still couldn't access my pc. (I did this several times).
Now the only option I think I have is to reinstall windows while deleting all personal files and I really don't want to take this route as I have important files on it.
I have win 10 and win 8 cds. Each time I tried to boot from CD-ROM, I am told that I already have a media creation tool installed on the pc and that I should uninstall it first before proceeding. (This isn't an option as I cannot access my files without logging on to the pc).
I have tried system restore and it didn't work as the pc couldn't find restore points.
So I need some help/suggestions on this.
Thank you.
Get into your Pc with safe mode and do the needful.... always create a restore point when driving your system...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lanreg95(m): 1:42pm On Sep 15, 2018
cheesy cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lanreg95(m): 4:21pm On Sep 15, 2018
Did you ever wonder how the names of some
of the Volkswagen cars were coined? The company
uses the various types of winds for the purpose.
For example, the Jetta means “jet stream”, the
Passat means “trade winds”, and the Polo means
“Polar Winds.”

WhatsApp: +436602306454
Click https:///send?phone=436602306454 for direct WhatsApp message

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hardeycute(m): 5:59pm On Sep 15, 2018
PLS HOW CAN I SOLVE THIS ISSUE?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hardeycute(m): 6:02pm On Sep 15, 2018
How do I solve this issue?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by quinSonia(f): 11:17am On Sep 16, 2018
polimaf:
You need to get the driver online or from a store and then update....

from a computer store abi
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 11:38am On Sep 16, 2018
quinSonia:

Hi.
Not necessarily. You can actually download the drivers online.

Follow either of the two methods below

(A) Using Device Manager

in the start box, type "device Manger" > In device manager, double click on "Display Adapters" > Right Click on the item that shows below> Click on "update driver software" > In the next window, click on "Search automatically..." . Wait untill the update is finished then restart your system.

(B)Using the Manufacturers Website

So, you will visit your laptops manufacturers website. e.g for hp, its hp.com.
Once on their site, Navigate to the drivers and support section. Once there, you'll be asked to identify your product. Thereafter, a list of the compatible drivers for your laptop will be displayed. you are to download and install the Display(Graphics) drivers.

You will require internet for (A) and (B)

*Cheers*

As always if you find this a bit too techy, I could always help for a token
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hustlersdiary: 1:11pm On Sep 16, 2018
Razak5:

Hi.

I scanned my system and it showed over a hundred threats I decided to resolve it and restart the system. After restarting it keeps showing a blank screen after windows log in. Any idea what I can do?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by quinSonia(f): 2:33pm On Sep 16, 2018
Razak5:

Hi.
Not necessarily. You can actually download the drivers online.

Follow either of the two methods below

(A) Using Device Manager

in the start box, type "device Manger" > In device manager, double click on "Display Adapters" > Right Click on the item that shows below> Click on "update driver software" > In the next window, click on "Search automatically..." . Wait untill the update is finished then restart your system.

(B)Using the Manufacturers Website

So, you will visit your laptops manufacturers website. e.g for hp, its hp.com.
Once on their site, Navigate to the drivers and support section. Once there, you'll be asked to identify your product. Thereafter, a list of the compatible drivers for your laptop will be displayed. you are to download and install the Display(Graphics) drivers.

You will require internet for (A) and (B)

*Cheers*

pls where are you based and like how much to update a graphics driver don't wanted by cheated by all this plaza boys
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:33pm On Sep 16, 2018
quinSonia:

pls where are you based and like how much to update a graphics driver don't wanted by cheated by all this plaza boys

Location is Ikeja Lagos
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 9:05pm On Sep 16, 2018
quinSonia:

Did I write store? lols... check online for the drivers, there are lots of websites that provides drivers.... just google the particular driver you're looking for
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nuelldido(m): 10:01pm On Sep 16, 2018
please help me!!! good evening... my uncle gave me a Toshiba A100 laptop but he has forgotten the password. how can I remove the password either through reset factory or formatting. help me with the step by step way of unlocking it. please I need the laptop urgently please help me and God bless you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 6:21am On Sep 17, 2018
nuelldido:
please help me!!! good evening... my uncle gave me a Toshiba A100 laptop but he has forgotten the password. how can I remove the password either through reset factory or formatting. help me with the step by step way of unlocking it. please I need the laptop urgently please help me and God bless you.

You need to format so that you can have access to enter window. Whatsapp me for guidance 08139462401
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MightyDataNG: 3:21pm On Sep 17, 2018
Hello mighty people, You can watch videos on how to solve trouble shooting issues and also download all drivers necessary for your (PC) for LESS with our CHEAP data plans on www.mighty.ng.

(1) (2) (3) ... (946) (947) (948) (949) (950) (951) (952) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.