Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,469 members, 7,864,978 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:18 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1291378 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (1225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:07am On Dec 18, 2010
you rushed

i told you to let us know when you get the CD

press F2 (if am not mistaken) when you pc is starting up  it will got into BIOS and from BIOS change the boot sequence from HARD DRIVE TO CD and save the the change you have done and put the CD in and start the pc it should repair its self

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kPfcyrwLas[/flash]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by QualityShare: 2:30am On Dec 18, 2010
I pressed F1 and nothing happend. It still went to the safe mode screen as usual. (I removed the cd though)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by QualityShare: 2:31am On Dec 18, 2010
yes f2, let me try, sorry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by QualityShare: 2:44am On Dec 18, 2010
I pressed f2 immediately i put the sytem on. Toshiba screen is shown with 5 icons as follows: 3cds, 1 cd, floppy disk, 2 laptops, and flash drive. I can navigate to any of them. what should I do.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:57am On Dec 18, 2010
QualityShare:

I pressed f2 immediately i put the sytem on. Toshiba screen is shown with 5 icons as follows: 3cds, 1 cd, floppy disk, 2 laptops, and flash drive. I can navigate to any of them. what should I do.

watch the video i posted the screen should be like the one in the video

then from there i will guide you more
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:56am On Dec 18, 2010
there is something wrong i cant see your last post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5glywJnDPB8&feature=related

in BIOS  the booting sequence should be CD/DVD i.e change it to CD/DVD meaning CD/DVD should be on the TOP  of the list dont forget to save the change settings before you exit BIOS setting, right now your boot sequence has HARD DRIVE on top of the list

when start your pc it boots using the HARD DRIVE and the hard drive has corrupt/missing boot file so it is failing to boot but once you change the sequence your pc will boot from CD/DVD and it will repair thar corrupt/missing boot file

after saving the BIOS setting put the XP CD and restart the pc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Qshare: 4:13am On Dec 18, 2010
@ ZIM DILL,

QualityShare here. I got banned for trying to edit my last post. Anyway I have requsted for my unban. before I get unbanned, I had to open a new account to finish this issue.

ZIM DRILL:

there is something wrong i cant see your last post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5glywJnDPB8&feature=related

in BIOS the booting sequence should be CD/DVD i.e change it to CD/DVD meaning CD/DVD should be on the TOP of the list dont forget to save the change settings before you exit BIOS setting, right now your boot sequence has HARD DRIVE on top of the list

when start your pc it boots using the HARD DRIVE and the hard drive has corrupt/missing boot file so it is failing to boot but once you change the sequence your pc will boot from CD/DVD and it will repair thar corrupt/missing boot file

after saving the BIOS setting put the XP CD and restart the pc

I am on the video now. Will soon get back to you.

Thanks for being there.

QualityShare (Qshare).
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Qshare: 4:37am On Dec 18, 2010
The problem is I cant even get to the bios no matter whether I press F2 or Delete keys. *ughh*

here's what I get after oning the system:

1st screen:

Toshiba Logo, then five logos under, this stays for 1 second then,

2nd black screen:

Intel (R) Boot Agent GE V1.2.31
copyright (c) 1997-2005, Intel corporation.

Initialising and establishing link, (this stays for about 15 seconds, then, )

3rd screen:

Intel (R) Boot Agent GE V1.2.31
copyright (c) 1997-2005, Intel corporation.

PXE E61: blah blah blah
PXE M0F: blah blah blah
( stays for abut 1 second)

4th screen:

safe mode black screen

I keep getting the above cycle even if I press f2 or delete key.

*ugsh, *
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Qshare: 5:14am On Dec 18, 2010
@ ZIM DRILL

I Got this tip from a site so as to help me see the repair option

Possible Fix by reconfiguring boot.ini using Recovery Console.

1.Boot with XP CD or 6 floppy boot disk set.

2. Press R to load the Recovery Console.

3. Type bootcfg.

4. This should fix any boot.ini errors causing setup not to see the XP OS
install.

5. Try the repair install.

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm#warning2

After pressing R to load recovery console, I got taken to the command screen. I tried typing bootcfg as directed above I could not (only one letter could be typed). Are you sure Iam not in trouble?

Somebody help! I feel like Iam drowning angry

*I hope this whole thing wont end up in formatting (God forbid)*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by atakiti(m): 7:53am On Dec 18, 2010
Guy maybe the windows files that is responsible 4 booting is corrupt! So u can stil try repair on it, and u can also format it without missing any of ur infomation on the system!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by QualityShare: 9:54am On Dec 18, 2010
atakiti:

Guy maybe the windows files that is responsible 4 booting is corrupt! So u can stil try repair on it, and u can also format it without missing any of your infomation on the system!
how can i format without losing file? Pis more hint
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xsay(m): 10:13am On Dec 18, 2010
@zim  i downloaded the right model and the stuff is still thesame
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by topsybaba: 1:07pm On Dec 18, 2010
i format my acer travelmate2490,i now use vista but my audio is not working what do i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:26pm On Dec 18, 2010
atakiti:

Guy maybe the windows files that is responsible 4 booting is corrupt! So u can stil try repair on it, and u can also format it without missing any of your infomation on the system!

yes the booting files are corrupt hence am saying he should change the boot sequence to CD/DVD that will fix and corrupt boot file in the hard drive

dont format dont format
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:27pm On Dec 18, 2010
topsybaba:

i format my acer travelmate2490,i now use vista but my audio is not working what do i do?

go to acer website and download sound drivers for vista
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:30pm On Dec 18, 2010
xsay:

@zim i downloaded the right model and the stuff is still thesame

did you try system restore ?

and have you tried to work in safe mode and see if the problem is still persisting ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 18, 2010
pls havin problems with some non-functioning keys in my laptop keyboard. What do u guys tink is wrong. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:02pm On Dec 18, 2010
Darthmaul:

pls havin problems with some non-functioning keys in my laptop keyboard. What do u guys tink is wrong. Thanks

keys are usually are due to liquid being spilled over though some are wear and tear
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 4:32am On Dec 19, 2010
@ Qshare

i read your initial question and this is what you should do

1. pop the xp installation disc in the disc tray
2. press the power button on your computer
3. as soon as you press the power button, start pressing F12 repeatedly until you see a black screen with options:
boot sequence
floppy disc
hard drive
cd rom/dvd
removable drive
4. now you will use the arrow buttons to choose cd rom/dvd or what ever option has cd rom
5. the you will see words that say press any button to boot from cd (pay attention because you have seconds to do this)
6. your computer will boot from the cd
7. follow what is done on this video to fix your xp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNOQ0sCYY8s

it's a youtube video so you can pause it to follow the steps
hope this helps good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 4:40am On Dec 19, 2010
Darthmaul:

few things you can try to fix this
1. get an air duster and blow air in the keyboard to release dust and dirt
2. turn the laptop over and gently tap the back of the laptop to remove dirt and dust
3. you may want to reinstall the drivers for the keyboard
4. look for a video on how to remove your keyboard and plug it back in on youtube
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by henryskywalker2003(m): 12:20am On Dec 20, 2010
I haven't been able to come online here to help out as much as I can but I can see the techies in the house are doing a gr8 job. Anyways, if you're in lagos and need urgent help you can contact me on my phone .

P.S. Let me know if its too urgent and I'll schedule a midnight call session to work thru it together.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omoboy08(m): 12:32am On Dec 20, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

try to enter the safe mode and see if you can log on from there

@ZIM, i was able 2log in via safe mode like u said with my passwrd bt couldnt do restore point as it has neva been set-up. i wonder y it is asking me to log in with other user wen der is only one user.I was even able to disabled my login details via safe mode but still asking to login with other user wen trying to repair. Am infact confused. I was thinking of buying a pirated cd cos d original is a bit far away. Pls is computer name d same with administrator? pls help me out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 1:53am On Dec 20, 2010
omoboy08:

@ZIM, i was able 2log in via safe mode like u said with my passwrd bt couldnt do restore point as it has neva been set-up. i wonder y it is asking me to log in with other user wen der is only one user.I was even able to disabled my login details via safe mode but still asking to login with other user wen trying to repair. Am infact confused. I was thinking of buying a pirated cd cos d original is a bit far away. Pls is computer name d same with administrator? pls help me out
computer name is not the same as administrator. while in safe mode you should go to control panel and check user accounts. in there give your account administrator cridentials and then you should be able to do what ever you want to do.
also why not try last known good configuration instead of doing restore point. you can find instructions for that here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307852
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Cupidkc(m): 9:30am On Dec 20, 2010
Gd mornin ppl. Compliment of d season. Plz cn sm1 hlp me on hw 2 CHANGE MY DELL LAPPY LANGUAGE 2 ENGLISH, it reads german nw. Plz hlp me.tanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xsay(m): 11:15am On Dec 20, 2010
@zim Can i run my retore file from USB flash cos i try to run from CD it is not working
please if there any way i can run from USB flash feel free to share, -
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:01pm On Dec 20, 2010
xsay:

@zim Can i run my retore file from USB flash cos i try to run from CD it is not working
please if there any way i can run from USB flash feel free to share, -

do you mean sytm restore ?

explain what you want to do then i can figure out what you should do or what you really want to do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:33pm On Dec 20, 2010
Cupidkc:

Gd mornin ppl. Compliment of d season. Plz cn sm1 hlp me on hw 2 CHANGE MY DELL LAPPY LANGUAGE 2 ENGLISH, it reads german nw. Plz hlp me.tanks.

what OS you have and can you read german ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 6:05pm On Dec 20, 2010
Point of correction-when ur attemptin an xp repair.On d 1st screen,u ll see R for repair,ENTER to continue.Press enter not R,u ll then see 'setup has found a previous installation of windows'.It will show u d partition'.Press enter to install into c:\windows directory or install into another directory.Install in2 first.It will now show u format using ntfs or fat32, Choose d last option-LEAVE FILESYSTEM INTACT.Setup ll now delete all the files in d c:\windows&install new ones-then ur repair is complete.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 6:19pm On Dec 20, 2010
omoboy08:

administrator acc is d acc u create during installation but only visible wen u enter safe mode.Here is a big secret-wen u4get ur password,simply enter safemode,use administrator2log in then go2control panel,user acc(u ll see ur locked acc)click on it,click remove my password&create a new one.'Assess d conversation&derive d info'
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xsay(m): 6:22pm On Dec 20, 2010
@zim not system restore. i want to set my system to the factory setting (system Recovery), i have the system Recovery CD but when i try to run it, a message that says '' Error 100a if this issue continues, please contact HP support.

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (1225) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.