Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,091 members, 7,859,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 10:22 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1288313 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (1225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 6:35pm On Dec 20, 2010
As4d guy wit keyboard issues.Its was hilarious readin abt d turn comp upside down, He shd av simply directed u2a drycleaner.Keyboard drvs r already preinstalled in ur windows so wen ders a prob-its hardware.Simply meet a technician2open&dust4u if its not physically broken else buy a new one.Only4mouse probs dat u can drvs(4hp-its hp quick launch buttons)pls understand,hardware probs aint so easy2describe on forums
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:21pm On Dec 20, 2010
xsay:

@zim not system restore. i want to set my system to the factory setting (system Recovery), i have the system Recovery CD but when i try to run it, a message that says '' Error 100a if this issue continues, please contact HP support.

why would want to set back to factory setting ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Taiw(m): 9:37pm On Dec 20, 2010
I am using a dell d600 laptop and the problem is anytime i try to switch it on, the switch light comes on and goes off again. I wud ave to press it for some time usually for 5minsb4 it finally comes on.they say the problem is from the board and not theswitch cos i ave even replaced the switch b4.
The second one is that the system does not detect my network adapter for lan and wireless land,the icon does not reflect on start menu.i tried installing the drivers but its not showin telling me it can't find my wlan card and adapter.I tink it must have been damaged. Pls u rily ave to help me on this.My email is [email]telltboyz@yahoo.com[/email]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ndigbo: 10:53pm On Dec 20, 2010
Guys, i need assistance from u all. i can't seem to find a way out uninstalling AVG 8.5 from my lappy sad sad sad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omoboy08(m): 11:35pm On Dec 20, 2010
@All engrs, my sys is now alive. Ve gotten original software 2repair d OS. U re all ve been helpful. Kudos
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omoboy08(m): 11:36pm On Dec 20, 2010
@All engrs, my sys is now alive. Ve gotten original software 2repair d OS. U re all ve been helpful. Kudos
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:33am On Dec 21, 2010
As4d uninstallin avg,u partially uninstalled it.google avg removal tool or try d simple way,re-install d same avg then go to control panel,add/remove then find avg and uninstall.Qed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by latogng: 8:38am On Dec 21, 2010
Anybody with ideas on how I can resolve my yahoo messenger installation.I did system restore at a time and I discovered d messenger is gone and every time i try re-installing,The program just doesnt run, am running on Windows 7 OS.

NB:1.The program has aswell uninstalled from programs.
2.I have tried to check if its firewalll settings that is blocking me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 9:30am On Dec 21, 2010
Ders are prerequisite installations4 ym like dotnet,java runtime &vredist.Exe.Make sure d1st 2files have bin installed after a manual installation.Or simply verify by re-downloadin yahoo messenger(it may b corrupt).Goodluck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by olacoa: 10:05am On Dec 21, 2010
good morning nairalanders, i just sign up for this forum with the help of my friends who told me that my problem could be solved. this is my problem 
my laptop has been developing some strange problems which includes
1. when i shut it down, will will continue to display LOOGED OUT but will never shut down until i remove the battery.
2. there is no working application on it again except miscrosoft word and power point. even when i launch my internet explorer, it will not respond, this happens to to all other software on the system. pls how can i go about the solution because i really need it now for some projects which will commence in the first week of next year. I'm using window Vista. thanks for your prompt response. thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by known: 12:07pm On Dec 21, 2010
please my power pack for my desktop pc got burnt -please can u give me an idea of fixing it

thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rastarman(m): 1:48pm On Dec 21, 2010
@ known u got to have a multimeter then test the inductor if it is till working, then the capacitors. never forget to change the power cable this are the common solutions to them.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:03pm On Dec 21, 2010
ndigbo:

Guys, i need assistance from u all. i can't seem to find a way out uninstalling AVG 8.5 from my lappy sad sad sad

you can do it from registry or find a windows cleaner utility
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:45pm On Dec 21, 2010
known:

please my power pack for my desktop pc got burnt -please can u give me an idea of fixing it

thank you

if its burnt it means the transfomer need rewiring (fixing) or just get another power package

so choose between the two
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 21, 2010
known:

thank you
don't try to
you should not be messing around with power packs except you know what you are doing,
take it to a certified tech. thanks

olacoa:

good morning nairalanders, i just sign up for this forum with the help of my friends who told me that my problem could be solved. this is my problem 
1. when i shut it down, will will continue to display LOOGED OUT but will never shut down until i remove the battery.
2. there is no working application on it again except miscrosoft word and power point. even when i launch my internet explorer, it will not respond, this happens to to all other software on the system. pls how can i go about the solution because i really need it now for some projects which will commence in the first week of next year. I'm using window Vista. thanks for your prompt response. thanks
your operating system is probably corrupted by a virus or something of the sort
you will need to restore the entire operating system
just back up all important files and start windows from recovery partition thanks,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by guente02(m): 5:22pm On Dec 21, 2010
nna dem dey cure system headache here oh. . .I guess i don get resource checkpoint
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:40pm On Dec 21, 2010
xsay:

@zim not system restore. i want to set my system to the factory setting (system Recovery),  i have the system Recovery CD but when i try to run it, a message that says '' Error 100a if this issue continues, please contact HP support.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks for your recent enquiry and would like to prescribe the followings in narrowing down the cause.
Here are simple things to check for. Re-run the recovery using the CD/DVD you had.

As computer is the process of elimination we always start from basic and walk up.

Was the cd/dvd self made using recovery creation wizard or was it purchased from HP.
In other words was the cd/dvd created by the software on your computer ?

Check to make sure no dirt/scratch on the CD/DVD.  no device attached during the recovery ie usb stick
Here is the moment. What make and model
is your computer ? most HP have in built recovery tool hence no need for CD/DVD. to check this
restart laptop and keep pressing F11 until you see windows is loading files> recovery manager.
if no windows is loading files then no inbuilt recovery partition built in. HD recovery partition was
integrated into the system as a contingency like the problem you currently face with.

Furthermore, Restart laptop keep pressing F10 for bios setup utility until you
see a blue screen. use your arrow key to navigate to diagnostics and hard drive test
after that do a memory test. This test carry out a details analysis of your hard drive and memory

Good luck

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:55pm On Dec 21, 2010
sameolg616:

As4d uninstallin avg,u partially uninstalled it.google avg removal tool or try d simple way,re-install d same avg then go to control panel,add/remove then find avg and uninstall.Qed

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would recommend AVG removal tool just like my colleague sameolg616 has mentioned.

http://techdows.com/2009/04/download-avg-removal-tool.html

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by olacoa: 6:56pm On Dec 21, 2010
thanks bro but i don't know how to go about. i will be glad if u can send me the steps thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:03pm On Dec 21, 2010
olacoa:

thanks bro but i don't know how to go about. i will be glad if u can send me the steps thanks

Dear Sir/Madam,

Here at nairaland technical support we answer many enquiries and would all be please to
quote which post you referring to. I'm guessing is the AVG removal tool, if it is click on the link
and follow on screen instructions. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by olacoa: 7:05pm On Dec 21, 2010
no bro it is how to set my system to recovery. i dont know how to do it or i want to format my system because non of the applications are working exept microsoft word
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:11pm On Dec 21, 2010

Dear Sir/Madam,

what make and model is your computer ? knowing this would enable us to
determine recovery process. Have you made a recovery disk? Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:29pm On Dec 21, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

if its burnt it means the transfomer need rewiring (fixing) or just get another power package

so choose between the two
Kingsleyinfo:

don't try to
you should not be messing around with power packs except you know what you are doing,
take it to a certified tech. thanks
your operating system is probably corrupted by a virus or something of the sort
you will need to restore the entire operating system
just back up all important files and start windows from recovery partition thanks,

Dear Known,

Thanks you for your recent enquiry and would adhere to my colleague Kingsleyinfo
and ZIMDRILL advice. That the best advice in the book as we always aim to encourage
best practices and not to open your power pack. ie an individual repairing his/her
car break without seeking mechanic advice. is the same as a computer. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:45pm On Dec 21, 2010
Dear colleague (sameolg616),

My name is Deji Sunday a technical adviser like yourself and would not like you to
see me as proud or rude. could have email you but no contact details on your profile.

Please [/b]I am [b]not proud or rude. I will say it again and believe we can
express our feelings without fear/intimidation. Please don't misunderstand me.

It would be good to finish your post with full words/sentences just as you start.
I struggle to read what's on the screen. could be my vision don't know as i wear glasses
thought you would really help me by completing your post with full words

please nothing to do with you whatsoever.

Have had to skip your post many times as i get confuse when you mix full words with
shorthand letters for example please find in bold. I am not being rude please and would not
like an attack on me.

s4d guy wit keyboard issues.Its was hilarious readin abt d turn comp upside down, He shd [/b]av simply directed [b]u2a drycleaner.Keyboard drvs r already preinstalled in your windows so wen ders a prob-its hardware.Simply meet a technician[b]2open&dust4u[/b] if its not physically broken else buy a new one.Only4mouse probs dat u can drvs(4hp-its hp quick launch buttons)pls understand,hardware probs aint so [b]easy2describe [/b]on forums

Thank you sameolg61
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:46pm On Dec 21, 2010

Qshare

Re: Post Your Computer Troubles Here.
« #3080 on: December 18, 2010, 04:37 AM »
The problem is I cant even get to the bios no matter whether I press F2 or Delete keys. *ughh*

here's what I get after oning the system:

1st screen:

Toshiba Logo, then five logos under, this stays for 1 second then,

2nd black screen:

Intel (R) Boot Agent GE V1.2.31
copyright (c) 1997-2005, Intel corporation.

Initialising and establishing link, (this stays for about 15 seconds, then, )

3rd screen:

Intel (R) Boot Agent GE V1.2.31
copyright (c) 1997-2005, Intel corporation.

PXE E61: blah blah blah
PXE M0F: blah blah blah
( stays for abut 1 second)

4th screen:

safe mode black screen

I keep getting the above cycle even if I press f2 or delete key.

*ugsh, *

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks for your recent enquiry and would urge you to follw ZIM DRILL prescriptions
in narrowing down the cause. The term PXE Exiting boot agent means the computer trying
to boot from a network card. boot means reading or looking for a device to load your
operating system ie xp, vista or windows 7. The diagnostics ZIMDRILL prescribe is the solution.

Seems you're doing something wrong. for simplicity. post exactly what's on the screen without adding to it.

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by olacoa: 11:28pm On Dec 21, 2010
I'm using Hp 550 wish has window vista. Non of the software on my system is working, even my DvD player and Windows media player. The only thing i do on it is puting it on and looking @ it. 4 me 2 shut it down is another wahala. It will not shutdown untill i remove d battery. Even self some of the icons like battery strenght, network conectivity and level of speaker that do show @ d right base of d system has disappear. PLEASE HELP ME OUT
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by olacoa: 11:31pm On Dec 21, 2010
I'm using Hp 550 wish has window vista. Non of the software on my system is working, even my DvD player and Windows media player. The only thing i do on it is puting it on and looking @ it. 4 me 2 shut it down is another wahala. It will not shutdown untill i remove d battery. Even self some of the icons like battery strenght, network conectivity and level of speaker that do show @ d right base of d system has disappear. PLEASE HELP ME OUT
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:52am On Dec 22, 2010
olacoa:

Dear Sir/Madam,

At your request please find the followings on taking your computer back to square one.

Restart laptop and keep pressing F11 windows is loading files, welcome to
recovery manager and follow on screen instructions. Charger got to be connected.

All data will be lost

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 4:20am On Dec 22, 2010
Ummh!Deji,let me introduce myself properly.
Im GBENGA ODUSINA(novice)fss,oca,ocp,nta,cnn.
Forgive my jagbajantis,its decoded as:
4=for
av=have
d=the
drv=drivers
prob=problem
abt=about
shd=should
b-be
ll-will
2create change,u must b willing2provoke thot&conversation.I appreciate d gesture-ill try2always write in full.Contact-08061679732
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 4:38am On Dec 22, 2010
Pxe-pre execution environment.For toshiba laptop,simply enter the bios pressin ?(cant remember now,but slide through f1-f12 very fast;1wld sure respond).When ur in bios,check d right hand side of d screen for boot priority(from what u described)your current priority wld b LAN-FDD-HDD-CDROM.Meaning its tryin2boot from a network.Below d screen,find d corresponding key to change value to HDD-CDROM-.Meaning ur 1st boot priority is hard disk drive-cd rom-any other thing.Your sys will boot normally again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 4:51am On Dec 22, 2010
As for d recovery cd guy-lets not waste al our resources on only u.Simply find an os(operating system)cd like vista,xp.Do a clean format.When windows have started,insert d recovery cd&explore d cd to install d drivers(dats d most important part as it saves u d time of trying2download them)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (1225) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.