Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (984) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1268205 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (981) (982) (983) (984) (985) (986) (987) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 15, 2019
obago1:
how is the system now
Thanks for asking. The keyboard is an internal one and the power button is attached to the whole keys. That is all keys have a single flex unlike some where power has separate. So, we're looking to get a replacement. We made inquiries, it's available in Lagos. We'll order and replace it tomorrow. I'll give feedback
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ePrive(m): 6:01pm On Jan 16, 2019
For GEEKS.

I want reprogram the extra keys above my touchpad from leftclick/rightclick to back/front as indicated in the pictures below.
I've tried most tricks/settings/softwares I know, but none is viable.

The laptop is a Dell Latitude E6530. Any hack/solution that works for this would work on the entire Latitude family.

Solutions please.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Comanche(f): 6:27pm On Jan 16, 2019
embarassedHi Gurus,

Please my HP Notebook was plugged in and not charging and I was advised to get a new one .

So my brother got a new replacement battery for me from computer village and sent it down to the state I'm in.

I've inserted the new battery and left it to charge for about 3 hours, but I noticed it was still indicating that it was charging and not full. So I powered on the system and to my disappointment, the battery indicated 'plugged in, charging' but is on 0%. When I remove the power adaptor, the system goes off.

I've tried some DIY troubleshooting tips I got online but nothing is working.

Please, what do you think is going on...and what can I do. The thoughts of sending back the battery to Lagos isn't appealing at all.

C.C. Optimusprime08, Hollarmy, Razak5, Udemzyudex....or any other person abeg.... :-
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 16, 2019
Datazone:

Thanks for asking. The keyboard is an internal one and the power button is attached to the whole keys. That is all keys have a single flex unlike some where power has separate. So, we're looking to get a replacement. We made inquiries, it's available in Lagos. We'll order and replace it tomorrow. I'll give feedback
ok..we pray it works
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OPTIMUSPRIME08: 8:14pm On Jan 16, 2019
Comanche:
embarassedHi Gurus,

Please my HP Notebook was plugged in and not charging and I was advised to get a new one .

So my brother got a new replacement battery for me from computer village and sent it down to the state I'm in.

I've inserted the new battery and left it to charge for about 3 hours, but I noticed it was still indicating that it was charging and not full. So I powered on the system and to my disappointment, the battery indicated 'plugged in, charging' but is on 0%. When I remove the power adaptor, the system goes off.

Please, what do you think is going on...and what can I do. The thoughts of sending back the battery to Lagos isn't appealing at all.

C.C. Optimusprime08, Hollarmy, Razak5, Udemzyudex....or any other person abeg.... :-
have you tried with another charger
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 16, 2019
obago1:
ok..we pray it works
I have received info that it has been fixed and working fine. I'll get it tomorrow and test it to give full assurance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Comanche(f): 8:45pm On Jan 16, 2019
OPTIMUSPRIME08:
have you tried with another charger

Thanks for replying. No, I haven't. I didn't think that could be a problem. I'd try it out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ePrive(m): 9:24pm On Jan 16, 2019
Comanche:
embarassedHi Gurus,

Try this :

1. Remove the battery.
2. Plug in the charger without the battery.
3. Fix in the battery with the battery while the charger is plugged in as in number 2.

Try the above steps...it should pick up.

After that... try another charger with the same steps if it didn't.
It's something about the system recognising the new battery.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OPTIMUSPRIME08: 9:44pm On Jan 16, 2019
Comanche:

Thanks for replying. No, I haven't. I didn't think that could be a problem. I'd try it out.
try that also go to device manager click on bar3 driver uninstalled all. Close it and restart your p.c
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Omobada(m): 10:55pm On Jan 16, 2019
skydancer:
@colonel: welcome;-). I thought you would have found the crack by now. I'll upload it for you as soon as I can.
@Mdaemon user: socket errors are not uncommon in network applications. I've not used mdaemon but it sounds like a bulk emailer or a high security emailer. The problem may be with the type of network connection you are using, in which case the best solution is to use a cafe. The problem may also be from the software. You can try to download a newer version if possible. There are also socket diagnosing and repairing softwares like winsock repair. It may help. If none of these work, get back to me.

Hello boss, pls why is it that my Compaq 610 can't run DVD but it run ordinary CD.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Isiboy(m): 3:02am On Jan 17, 2019
nurudine:
Please how can i repair zinox laptop showing "No Operating System" when i start it? Sometimes it says "No bootable device, insert boot disk and press any key" but i inserted windows 7 installation disk but still it wont boot and the win 7 wont install, it either says "cannot install to the sellected partition"or some other issue. Please help out.

what version of windows are u using?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 7:14am On Jan 17, 2019
Comanche:
embarassedHi Gurus,

You need to change the new battery And remember to send the laptop with it so that they can look for the compatible battery .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ndachee: 7:35am On Jan 17, 2019
please how can i install win7 on my pc without losing my personal data? please i need guide.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by galatico(m): 8:55am On Jan 17, 2019
Good day fellas, My Laptop of under a year old (fairly used) is giving me issues.

Whenever I turn it on the mouse icon keeps running around and I am unable to work with the laptop, it's giving me sleepless nights.

I need anyone with knowledge on how to tackle this problem or refer me to a good engineer, who can help me tackle this challenge.

Am based in Maryland, Lagos.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 9:32am On Jan 17, 2019
galatico:
Good day fellas, My Laptop of under a year old (fairly used) is giving me issues.

Whenever I turn it on the mouse icon keeps running around and I am unable to work with the laptop, it's giving me sleepless nights.

I need anyone with knowledge on how to tackle this problem or refer me to a good engineer, who can help me tackle this challenge.
Am based in Maryland, Lagos.

Call or whatsapp 08139462401
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 9:34am On Jan 17, 2019
ndachee:
please how can i install win7 on my pc without losing my personal data? please i need guide.
hit me on whatsapp for guidance 08139462401
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 17, 2019
Comanche:

i think you should try with anoda charger,cos atime incompatibility of chargers cos such problems
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nduxx(m): 11:17am On Jan 17, 2019
Pls how do you partition an HDD? I want to install another OS to make it two, can you partition with OS already installed?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 17, 2019
obago1:
ok..we pray it works
Retrieved and working well. I just have to sort out the slow booting issues now which might have arise due to incomplete reset. I may consider reinstalling Windows. The issue of drivers and all that is making me reluctant about new Windows installation. The technician also said having the windows that came with the PC is better than installing a new one
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Isiboy(m): 9:27am On Jan 18, 2019
Nduxx:
Pls how do you partition an HDD? I want to install another OS to make it two, can you partition with OS already installed?

yes u can.
Download partition wizard version 8, den Google "how to partition with partition wizard" follow the steps and u are done.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nduxx(m): 10:02am On Jan 18, 2019
Isiboy:

yes u can.
Download partition wizard version 8, den Google "how to partition with partition wizard" follow the steps and u are done.
OK, thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Comanche(f): 10:29am On Jan 18, 2019
obago1:
i think you should try with anoda charger,cos atime incompatibility of chargers cos such problems

Will do that.

Thanks!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Comanche(f): 10:32am On Jan 18, 2019
OPTIMUSPRIME08:
try that also go to device manager click on bar3 driver uninstalled all. Close it and restart your p.c

I've tried it, still not picking up.

I'd try switching battery and charger and see what's up.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 18, 2019
Datazone:

Retrieved and working well. I just have to sort out the slow booting issues now which might have arise due to incomplete reset. I may consider reinstalling Windows. The issue of drivers and all that is making me reluctant about new Windows installation. The technician also said having the windows that came with the PC is better than installing a new one
if its slow try clearing d ram..if it doesnt work jxt reinstall windows
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Comanche(f): 10:33am On Jan 18, 2019
ePrive:

Try this :

1. Remove the battery.
2. Plug in the charger without the battery.
3. Fix in the battery with the battery while the charger is plugged in as in number 2.

Try the above steps...it should pick up.

After that... try another charger with the same steps if it didn't.
It's something about the system recognising the new battery.

Still the same. Thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tygar(m): 12:23pm On Jan 18, 2019
how much is a 500gb internal hard disk
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tygar(m): 1:08pm On Jan 18, 2019
ePrive:
For GEEKS.

I want reprogram the extra keys above my touchpad from leftclick/rightclick to back/front as indicated in the pictures below.
I've tried most tricks/settings/softwares I know, but none is viable.

The laptop is a Dell Latitude E6530. Any hack/solution that works for this would work on the entire Latitude family.

Solutions please.
What is the name of the mouse
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chikason68(m): 3:16pm On Jan 18, 2019
Any pc engineer here that stays in kano state?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hardedayor2008: 10:32pm On Jan 18, 2019
Tunexsy:
Good morning pls I need lower Cass or body for zinox laptop W550EU. The inges as spoilt the carcass.
I stay in Sagamu but can travel to Lagos to get it, just need to know where to get it. Thankz in advance.
Please my zinox has ROM flex connector problem, can anyone get me the connector here?
My number in case u have it 08033967081

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NicolasTfile: 10:58am On Jan 19, 2019
hello geniuses,im using hp G62 notebook nd i want to upgrade it from windows 7 ultimate to windows 10,pls any assistance and the link to download the windows 10 will be appreciated,also i have been trying to connect a bluetooth speaker to the laptop using a bluetooth adapter because the laptop did not come with bluetooth installed but i have not been able to connect the speaker successfully,any help will be appreciated!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hardedayor2008: 1:08pm On Jan 19, 2019
Please my zinox has ROM flex connector problem, can anyone get me the connector here?
My number in case u have it 08033967081

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by IamPlato(m): 1:57pm On Jan 19, 2019
SKYDANCER How Much Will It Cost To Repair or Replace Laptop Charge Port?

(1) (2) (3) ... (981) (982) (983) (984) (985) (986) (987) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.