Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (986) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1266723 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (983) (984) (985) (986) (987) (988) (989) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Titustaiwo(m): 8:23am On Jan 23, 2019
good morning here.. pls my window 10 both control keys just stop working, how can they be fix 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by whodohgeepee(m): 9:54am On Jan 23, 2019
top of the morning to everyone... please my pc is showing windows not activated.. what do I do? windows 8.1... thanks as anyone replies...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by voraz(m): 11:26am On Jan 23, 2019
whodohgeepee:
top of the morning to everyone... please my pc is showing windows not activated.. what do I do? windows 8.1... thanks as anyone replies...

You can download KMSPico and use it to activate your Windows.
That ought to get that 'not activated' message out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by whodohgeepee(m): 3:19pm On Jan 23, 2019
voraz:

You can download KMSPico and use it to activate your Windows. That ought to get that 'not activated' message out

thanks a bunch.. u are appreciated. God bless.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 3:51pm On Jan 23, 2019
Please i need a vital idea on what to do

A friend of mine tried to unlock ZTE airtel modem to universal and eventually exceeded the 10 free unlock trial

Now he brought it to me if i can help him out
I tried to unlock it but it telling me that it has exceeded it 10 times trial

Please any help on how to get this modem to work on any network
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Crespodinho(m): 3:58pm On Jan 23, 2019
Good day, my laptop is stuck on infinite restarting loop I tried all d method on YouTube didn't work I put another hdd and loaded win7 on it, its showing window cannot start.
Please hope the hdd isn't totally spoilt
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Seanpierce: 4:57pm On Jan 23, 2019
ePrive:

The reprogram issue is with the touchpad on the dell laptop. The two red circle indicated the picture.
Please how much does it cost to replace or repair a damaged laptop fan? HP 650 to be specific.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stephendamsoho: 6:03am On Jan 24, 2019
Dboy55:

You need an entirely new Caracas,hold like 10k.you will get another 1.
you know anyone that can do it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Azeezadedeji(m): 11:37am On Jan 24, 2019
please i have an acer laptop aspire E15 but wont boot to menu. tried all booting files i got on some sites but still wont boot. it keeps showing error message "default boot device missing or boot failed". please any recovery boot file you can reconmend, will really appreciate. thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ePrive(m): 2:42pm On Jan 24, 2019
Seanpierce:
Please how much does it cost to replace or repair a damaged laptop fan? HP 650 to be specific.

I don't handle hardware problems, I'm more proficient with software problems/tips/hacks/tricks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ePrive(m): 2:50pm On Jan 24, 2019
ePrive:
For GEEKS.

I want reprogram the extra keys above my touchpad from leftclick/rightclick to back/front as indicated in the pictures below.
I've tried most tricks/settings/softwares I know, but none is viable.

The laptop is a Dell Latitude E6530. Any hack/solution that works for this would work on the entire Latitude family.

Solutions please.

I've gotten the solution to this.
It's to write a custom script with AutoHotkey...although I've not yet done it, but I'm 80% sure it would work.....should work.

I'm still going through the documentation.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 24, 2019
LordRepz:
Pls what do I do to my HP laptop? Recently when I plug in the charger,it charges for a while and then stops charging. It would tell me,"plugged in but not charging". And then the indicator lights alternates between red and the white colour that indicates battery full. Thanks as I anticipate your responses...
it can be ur battery or the charger
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 24, 2019
Tavict:
Hello, Good afternoon please my laptop started acting strange this morning, I was browsing with the laptop and suddenly the page started scrolling down itself .. anytime I try to scroll up, it comes down itself ... Please what's the problem and how do I solve it?
ur keyboard is having issues
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by matokposo(m): 7:03pm On Jan 24, 2019
Computer gurus and the whole house good day!
My laptop does not display but every component works(CD rom,Keyboard) The fan rolls only once and stop.I think its RAM but any ideas pls.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by voraz(m): 7:49pm On Jan 24, 2019
voraz:
Good morning guys!
I want to know how much the battery of the HP 650 Notebook would cost.

And on another laptop, I installed Photoshop CC with Creative Cloud but had to uninstall after the trial period. Now I tried to reinstall it but it's not working, it'll just start then roll back with no error message.
Any fixes? Or sites to download cracked software

Razak5? ePrive?
Any help?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NaHiim: 7:51pm On Jan 24, 2019
Hello, please when I boot my lenovo thinkpad laptop it shows the lenovo startup logo as usual but when its about to load the OS it beeps twice and displays error at the top left corner of the screen and then shuts down
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dboy55(m): 8:22pm On Jan 24, 2019
NaHiim:
Hello, please when I boot my lenovo thinkpad laptop it shows the lenovo startup logo as usual but when its about to load the OS it beeps twice and displays error at the top left corner of the screen and then shuts down
Take it to a computer technician,format d hard drive and reinstall an entirely new OS again .I think your IS is corrupted.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ePrive(m): 8:55pm On Jan 24, 2019
voraz:
Good morning guys!
I want to know how much the battery of the HP 650 Notebook would cost.

And on another laptop, I installed Photoshop CC with Creative Cloud but had to uninstall after the trial period. Now I tried to reinstall it but it's not working, it'll just start then roll back with no error message.
Any fixes? Or sites to download cracked software

The standard price for the HP 650 Notebook is about #10,000 highest. But it's on Jumia for about #6,500, eBay for about $25 but that's for the generic one. I don't know how much the original one is.
Most times, the battery you'll get in the market are the generic ones that last for about 2 - 3 hours, not the manufacturer's approved ones. I import my personal batteries myself.

For the Photoshop CC, the reason while it's rolling back is because the installer recognised your PC....there are some files in your PC registry (don't play with them except you know what you're doing) that tells the installer you've installed and exhausted your trial period.
You'll have to uninstall the Photoshop CC software COMPLETELY and remove ALL it's residual files before installing another one.
For sites to download the cracked software, my go-to site is "the pirate bay dot org" (you'll need a torrent downloader, use Tixati, it's free, easy to use and open source) Be careful in Pirate Bay tho, you might bite yourself. grin
Note THE in the spelling of PB, there're many clones site. Welcome to the other side of the internet...the tip tho. grin grin grin

But then, downloading the software ain't the best option, especially when you're in Nigeria. The Photoshop CC software (full pack) is about 1.5gb to 4gb, that's about #1,500 to #2,000 subscription fee, and sometimes, the file might be corrupt or refuse to install on your machine, meaning downloading it twice or thrice.........when you can just walk down to Alaba (if you're in Lagos), or Garrison/Artillery (if in PH) and buy the software for #100 - #200

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by uyijiano4u(m): 1:26am On Jan 25, 2019
please where can i download a cracked antivirus......
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by voraz(m): 7:24am On Jan 25, 2019
ePrive:

The standard price for the HP 650 Notebook is about #10,000 highest. But it's on Jumia for about #6,500, ebay for about $25 but that's for the generic one. I don't know how much the original one is.
Most times, the battery you'll get in the market are the generic ones that last for about 2 - 3 hours, not the manufacturer's approved ones. I import my personal batteries myself.

For the Photoshop CC, the reason while it's rolling back is because the installer recognised your PC....there are some files in your PC registry (don't play with them except you know what you're doing) that tells the installer you've installed and exhausted your trial period.
You'll have to uninstall the Photoshop CC software COMPLETELY and remove ALL it's residual files before installing another one.
For sites to download the cracked software, my go-to site is "the pirate bay dot org" (you'll need a torrent downloader, use Tixati, it's free, easy to use and open source) Be careful in Pirate Bay tho, you might bite yourself. grin
Note THE in the spelling of PB there're many clones site. Welcome to the other side of the internet...the tip tho. grin grin grin

But then, downloading the software ain't the best, especially when you're in Nigeria. The Photoshop CC software (full pack) is about 1.5gb to 4gb, that's about #1,500 to #2,000 subcription fee, and sometimes, the file might be corrupt or refuse to install on your machione, meaning downloading it ntwice or thrice.........when you can just walk down to Alaba (if you're in Lagos), or Garrison/Artillery (if in PH) and buy the software for #100 - #200

I'm interested in toying with my Registry.... I know the risks involved �
Any help?

Thanks I'll check out the battery on various platforms you listed.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 8:58am On Jan 25, 2019
Please i need a vital idea on what to do A friend of mine tried to unlock ZTE airtel modem to universal and eventually exceeded the 10 free unlock trial Now he brought it to me if i can help him out I tried to unlock it but it telling me that it has exceeded it 10 times trial Please any help on how to get this modem to work on any network

I need help ooohhh
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NaHiim: 10:16pm On Jan 25, 2019
Dboy55:

Take it to a computer technician,format d hard drive and reinstall an entirely new OS again .I think your IS is corrupted.

I don't think it is the OS. I think its a hardware problem because I was unable to run the system BIOS utility.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ePrive(m): 11:56pm On Jan 25, 2019
uyijiano4u:
please where can i download a cracked antivirus......

I don't recommend 3rd-party antivirus software.
Windows defender is the best (trusted) for Windows PC.(Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows 7).

Just run your System Update, and update your Windows antivirus.....you should be good.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by voraz(m): 12:07am On Jan 26, 2019
voraz:

I'm interested in toying with my Registry.... I know the risks involved �
Any help?

Thanks I'll check out the battery on various platforms you listed.

ePrive?
I checked it out now and it seems the re-install worked, but the trial is still expired as before.

Any help?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by uyijiano4u(m): 1:26am On Jan 27, 2019
but my system antivirus is requestin i must pay for an update
ePrive:

I don't recommend 3rd-party antivirus software.
Windows defender is the best (trusted) foe Windows PC.(Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows 7).

Just run your System Update, and update your Windows antivirus.....you should be good.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nurudine: 6:49am On Jan 27, 2019
Isiboy:

what version of windows are u using?

Am using windows 7 before it stops booting
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ePrive(m): 10:36am On Jan 27, 2019
voraz:

ePrive?
I checked it out now and it seems the re-install worked, but the trial is still expired as before.

Any help?

Like...you reinstalled it, and immediately after you opened it, it said that you've exhausted your trial period... right ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ePrive(m): 10:39am On Jan 27, 2019
uyijiano4u:
but my system antivirus is requestin i must pay for an update

What's the name of the antivirus ? I guess the third party antivirus disabled the Windows antivirus.....uninstall it and update the Windows antivirus.

What version of Windows are you using ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Arthurity1(m): 12:22pm On Jan 27, 2019
My laptop switches of whenever I try to run cinema 4D r19, please what could be the problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 1:26pm On Jan 27, 2019
Arthurity1:
My laptop switches of whenever I try to run cinema 4D r19, please what could be the problem?

Hello.
Google the minimum system requirements for cinema 4D and compare with your system specs.

Does your system meet the requirements?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 27, 2019
Hello,my Asus sometimes shows a certain Blue Screen error then restarts and also says something like AMD display error... please what could be the problem

(1) (2) (3) ... (983) (984) (985) (986) (987) (988) (989) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.