Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (993) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1271758 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (990) (991) (992) (993) (994) (995) (996) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mightyify(m): 6:17am On Feb 22, 2019
My hp elitebook 8440p is displaying "non system disk or disk error, replace and strike any key "
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 7:54am On Feb 22, 2019
Mightyify:
My hp elitebook 8440p is displaying "non system disk or disk error, replace and strike any key "
Check if the hard drive is properly connected, if yes try to re-install the OS. If the problem persist consider replacing your hard drive.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mightyify(m): 9:47am On Feb 22, 2019
horllamy:

Check if the hard drive is properly connected, if yes try to re-install the OS. If the problem persist consider replacing your hard drive.

I guess I have to replace because it's not working... I don't even have much now for hdd...I'll manage 250gb for now. Thanks for your response.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 11:04am On Feb 22, 2019
Mightyify:

I guess I have to replace because it's not working... I don't even have much now for hdd...I'll manage 250gb for now. Thanks for your response.

Ok
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Prettyboi: 12:52pm On Feb 22, 2019
My Alienware laptop's keyboard and speaker lights doesn't turn on. Izzit mechanical or software problem plz somebody help ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by donblanco: 10:58pm On Feb 22, 2019
HI,please my toshiba 15v 5amp charger cord has cut so i got a universal charger set at 15v but with 4.5 amp max on d new universal charger,it charged my laptop and i even used it to work but the following day that i turn my laptop on,it was black but i can see the desktop when i on a torchlight to it.could it be the charger not giving enough amp to the display that is causing this and please i will welcome your input.Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 10:39am On Feb 23, 2019
donblanco:
HI,please my toshiba 15v 5amp charger cord has cut so i got a universal charger set at 15v but with 4.5 amp max on d new universal charger,it charged my laptop and i even used it to work but the following day that i turn my laptop on,it was black but i can see the desktop when i on a torchlight to it.could it be the charger not giving enough amp to the display that is causing this and please i will welcome your input.Thanks
Your screen's backlight should be the culprit. The verdict is to repair the backlight through a qualified service personnel. If no joy, replace the screen.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 10:41am On Feb 23, 2019
Prettyboi:
My Alienware laptop's keyboard and speaker lights doesn't turn on. Izzit mechanical or software problem plz somebody help ?
If not a driver issue arising from reasons we all know... That might be caused by a loose flexible cord or a damaged one. Take it to a qualified personnel for a proper check of the suggested.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by donblanco: 11:49am On Feb 23, 2019
bigt2:

Your screen's backlight should be the culprit. The verdict is to repair the backlight through a qualified service personnel. If no joy, replace the screen.
.Thanks..pls like how much should i be looking at for the backlight.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 4:45pm On Feb 23, 2019
donblanco:
.Thanks..pls like how much should i be looking at for the backlight.
That is to the engineers discretion but laptop screen repair should be between 12-15k for non touch screen laptops (15"wink.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by akeensbussy(m): 6:18pm On Feb 23, 2019
udemzyudex:

I got banned trying to reply your post the other time.

The problem is a motherboard issue, even if he try 100 fan it will still give him the same error.

EMC ic controlling the fan might be faulty or clk and data signal maybe missing and to get this he needs an oscilloscope.

He should check if 5v is available on fan positive pin, if not he should remove it and draw 5v from USB port.
Other wise he should follow the above steps.
could you plz help me with any good computer engineer in Lagos
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by icamello: 8:51pm On Feb 23, 2019
Urgent help needed pls. Water entered my laptop this morning where it was placed. Wiped it off and thought it was all fine although I didn’t make an attempt to put it on. The laptop battery is inbuilt and not detachable. This evening, I tried putting it on and I noticed it was wasn’t responding even though it makes this little vibration like it wants to come up so screen remains black/blank like laptops is actually off. Pls I need your advice ASAP!

P.S. It’s an office laptop so I don’t know if I should wait and report on Monday. But then again, I wouldn’t mind any home remedy/quick fix. Thanks!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Prettyboi: 11:41pm On Feb 23, 2019
bigt2:

If not a driver issue arising from reasons we all know... That might be caused by a loose flexible cord or a damaged one. Take it to a qualified personnel for a proper check of the suggested.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dholyboy(m): 11:15am On Feb 24, 2019
Please someone should help.. I formatted my laptop recently and it developed new problem.. It now takes ages to boot into operating system. After displaying windows it will just hang for ages before displaying welcome and for anther ages before booting to desktop.

What could possibly be the cause?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 24, 2019
Please someone should help..

My HP Elitebook is showing Plugged in, not charging and even get fully charged within some minute but will shut off suddenly if i remove the charger...please advice me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NettyNelly(m): 12:23pm On Feb 24, 2019
Dholyboy:
Please someone should help.. I formatted my laptop recently and it developed new problem.. It now takes ages to boot into operating system. After displaying windows it will just hang for ages before displaying welcome and for anther ages before booting to desktop.

What could possibly be the cause?
it's a sign that your hard drive is about to fail. I advise you back up important stuffs b4 it fails
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NettyNelly(m): 12:26pm On Feb 24, 2019
Tundexxy:
Please someone should help..

My HP Elitebook is showing Plugged in, not charging and even get fully charged within some minute but will shut off suddenly if i remove the charger...please advice me
Try another good battery if it continues then could be from motherboard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NettyNelly(m): 12:33pm On Feb 24, 2019
icamello:
Urgent help needed pls. Water entered my laptop this morning where it was placed. Wiped it off and thought it was all fine although I didn’t make an attempt to put it on. The laptop battery is inbuilt and not detachable. This evening, I tried putting it on and I noticed it was wasn’t responding even though it makes this little vibration like it wants to come up so screen remains black/blank like laptops is actually off. Pls I need your advice ASAP!

P.S. It’s an office laptop so I don’t know if I should wait and report on Monday. But then again, I wouldn’t mind any home remedy/quick fix. Thanks!
There is nothing u can do about it just take it to a technician.
But if you can disassemble it, remove the motherboard, the powerboard and any other daughterboard. Use hot air gun to dry it thoroughly then use PCB cleaning agent to clean the boards. Do not forget to dry every visible water.
But I insist you take it to a technician
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dholyboy(m): 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2019
O
NettyNelly:
it's a sign that your hard drive is about to fail. I advise you back up important stuffs b4 it fails

But the hard drive tested OK..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by encrypt(m): 6:27pm On Feb 24, 2019
Who knows where I can find asus ROG G550JK casing (specifically front and hinge)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 6:39pm On Feb 24, 2019
encrypt:
Who knows where I can find asus ROG G550JK casing (specifically front and hinge)

Most gamers PC parts aren't common over here. So, you might need to place an order for the item.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by encrypt(m): 7:00pm On Feb 24, 2019
Razak5:

Most gamers PC parts aren't common over here. So, you might need to place an order for the item.

Thanks man. Any idea where I can easily get such replacement parts online...couldnt find any on ebay and amazon
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by crookes(m): 1:27pm On Feb 25, 2019
MY HARD DRIVE HAD AN ISSUE SO I CHANGED IT TO A 300GB HARD DRIVE AND THE PC'S FAN WAS WORKING PERFECTLY WELL WITH THE OLD HARD DRIVE. THE NEW HARD DRIVE IS WINDOWS 10 AND THE FAN NOW AINT WORKING ANYMORE.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by obitryce(m): 5:44pm On Feb 25, 2019
Pls am in need of a new casing for my G500s Touch Laptop. Any idea how much it will cost for a replacement thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by joshuaarmani2: 3:36pm On Feb 26, 2019
Hello sir,
I'll need your help with a software I can use to scan my ext hard disk. My system ain't seeing it and I've got lots of information on it so the option of formatting is off.
I'll appreciate your help or anyone's help in this regard. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by calebify1(m): 5:32pm On Feb 26, 2019
I turned on my hp 15ac147ds laptop only for the screen to be black. I then realized the back light is not on but when I use a touch light I can see the display.
Please what could be the problem and possible fix.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NettyNelly(m): 7:33pm On Feb 26, 2019
crookes:
MY HARD DRIVE HAD AN ISSUE SO I CHANGED IT TO A 300GB HARD DRIVE AND THE PC'S FAN WAS WORKING PERFECTLY WELL WITH THE OLD HARD DRIVE. THE NEW HARD DRIVE IS WINDOWS 10 AND THE FAN NOW AINT WORKING ANYMORE.
Ur hard drive has nothing to do with the fan not working. Take it to a technian
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NettyNelly(m): 7:34pm On Feb 26, 2019
calebify1:
I turned on my hp 15ac147ds laptop only for the screen to be black. I then realized the back light is not on but when I use a touch light I can see the display.
Please what could be the problem and possible fix.
the back light lamp needs to be replaced
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NettyNelly(m): 7:40pm On Feb 26, 2019
joshuaarmani2:
Hello sir,
I'll need your help with a software I can use to scan my ext hard disk. My system ain't seeing it and I've got lots of information on it so the option of formatting is off.
I'll appreciate your help or anyone's help in this regard. Thanks
if it fails to appear in windows file explorer then definitely no software can scan it. Does it make some clinking noise when connected to the USB port?.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 8:23pm On Feb 26, 2019
Please anyone online i need urgent advice

I formatted my system to windows 8 pro, after formatting and getting to where i can add system name it went off

My question is hope it will resume from dat point or a fresh installation
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by okeyz(m): 8:31pm On Feb 26, 2019
I switched on my laptop and the loudspeaker icon is showing that the audio device is not installed, this just started when my lappy dropped from my dinning table to the follow, as such the audio Is not playing again...please how can I rectify this fault?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Emmanuel555(m): 8:54pm On Feb 26, 2019
Please I switched on my laptop this evening and noticed that some keyboard keys are not working, can I work the keyboard or entirely change it.
The keyboard is very scarce here.
The name of the laptop is ZED LIFE
WINDOWS 10
Please help me

(1) (2) (3) ... (990) (991) (992) (993) (994) (995) (996) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.