Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,400 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (996) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1266705 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (993) (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by herveze: 3:13pm On Mar 06, 2019
Kunleforreal:

Hello, just take the laptop to a competent laptop technician for fixing. I can fix it for you without the loss of your data if you are in Lagos; call or whatsapp for discussion
Pls can u tell me aw to do it bcoz I am just managing myself here,i don't av much to give to laptop technician that is I come here
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kunleforreal(m): 3:42pm On Mar 06, 2019
herveze:

Pls can u tell me aw to do it bcoz I am just managing myself here,i don't av much to give to laptop technician that is I come here
Sorry, I can't help ; you can use Google search engine at your own risk.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ePrive(m): 1:14am On Mar 08, 2019
herveze:
Good day everybody here, pls I am trouble right now because my laptop where I saved all my office documents to do at home is not booting in again and I must submit one of the documents to my boss on Friday morning. Anytime I switch on the system the system will just restart again,i am using HP 4515s laptop, pls any solution

If the harddisk is not the problem, then do thus:

- Remove the harddisk from the laptop (unscrew the laptop).
- Use external harddisk casing to access the harddisk.
- Collect the files needed....fix back your harddisk in your laptop....repair when you feel like.

NB:
If you follow these instructions, you do so at your own risk; if you have no experience in handling computer hardware, you should consult any geek or laptop repairer....but it's a simple process.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Brownhypo: 11:21am On Mar 08, 2019
Please help. I just noticed my laptop has not been charging lately. Each time I connect the charger, I see this.... Charging logo displayed but not charging

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 11:35am On Mar 08, 2019
Brownhypo:
Please help. I just noticed my laptop has not been charging lately. Each time I connect the charger, I see this.... Charging logo displayed but not charging

Try another battery
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Brownhypo: 11:37am On Mar 08, 2019
horllamy:

Try another battery
how about the charger?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Predstan: 1:36pm On Mar 08, 2019
Brownhypo:

Change your charger

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by herveze: 7:46pm On Mar 08, 2019
ePrive:

If the harddisk is not the problem, then do thus:

- Remove the harddisk from the laptop (unscrew the laptop).
- Use external harddisk casing to access the harddisk.
- Collect the files needed....fix back your harddisk in your laptop....repair when you feel like.

NB:
If you follow these instructions, you do so at your own risk; if you have no experience in handling computer hardware, you should consult any geek or laptop repairer....but it's a simple process.
Thank you, I have removed the hard disk and I gave the system to Engineer this morning and the engineer said the motherboard(amd board that it is unrepairable) is the problem. He said that I have to change the board for 20k but he will help me to heat it for 3k before I get money for the board or new system,i just want to ask if I should let him hear it or buy board or I should get another system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ePrive(m): 9:38pm On Mar 08, 2019
herveze:

Thank you, I have removed the hard disk and I gave the system to Engineer this morning and the engineer said the motherboard(amd board that it is unrepairable) is the problem. He said that I have to change the board for 20k but he will help me to heat it for 3k before I get money for the board or new system,i just want to ask if I should let him hear it or buy board or I should get another system

First, I'm a software engineer, I'm not very proficient in hardware problems.

You said you needed to access a particular document from a laptop that won't boot up, I told you how to go about that.

Second, I can't really say much about the system because I can't physically access it to check it's current state. But if you trust the engineer, then tell him to go ahead with the heating. If it comes up, pay him. Manage the system for now while gathering money for another one....because if you change the motherboard, you're bound to have comparability problem(s) (both software and hardware) in the long run. The motherboard is the laptop.

I'll advise you to invest in Dell business class laptop (Latitude series), that's what I use. They're like the Range Rovers of laptops. Most people don't like them because they're bulky, but fancy over practicality is not for me.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:42pm On Mar 08, 2019
herveze:

It can be repaired but most engineers don't have bga rework Station to replace bga chip like the graphic chip on your motherboard so the best suggestion is to get another motherboard.

If it is going to be first time of heating it then tell him to do it cos it will last you for like 3-5 months depending on how you use your laptop till you have the money to replace it.

Don't place it on your bed, couch or rug so it won't block the air vent but if the graphic chip have been heated for more than 4 times, I'll suggest you get another motherboard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:49pm On Mar 08, 2019
Brownhypo:

The first step to fix charging issues is confirming with another battery and charger.

If you still have the same problem then fault is from motherboard.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Brownhypo: 11:45pm On Mar 08, 2019
udemzyudex:

The first step to fix charging issues is confirming with another battery and charger.

If you still have the same problem then fault is from motherboard.
Thanks. I'll try get another charger ASAP
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ganie(m): 4:25am On Mar 09, 2019
Dear engineers, please I need to get a new motherboard for my Lenovo ThinkPad laptop, anyone to fix it here?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by juzo98(m): 5:37am On Mar 09, 2019
Hello engineers in the house, please i have a problems handling windows update for a windows 10 pro version 1511 pc.

Microsoft recently released an update last month and my pc is set to automatically download the update.

I've tried every possible means to stop the update but it won't work. Here's where it gets worse, whenever I turn on my Hotspot to browse, the update starts by itself and it won't go beyond a certain level no matter how long i leave my pc turned on and this causes my pc to run into problems whenever I reboot. I'd have to do a system restore after every failed update attempt. This has made me unable to use my pc to browse. Please can you proffer a solution to the problem...... Thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hardeybhayour(m): 1:35pm On Mar 09, 2019
Hello ,What is wrong cause whenever I try to plug my dell d620 when it's on its just off it's screen until Remove the charger And do a warm booting before Its becomes responsive again,Pleease enlighten me on how to correct it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kelvinprinzyy(m): 2:37pm On Mar 09, 2019
Engineers in the house please help me. My laptop hp, the hard drive removed, the screws holding it is bad, so I normally pack it with something. But over months now I can't use it because once I put it on, it won't display anything, the system will show that it's on but no display, no sound. Please what can be done, I've tried putting back the hard drive properly but still the same

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Paschez(m): 3:17pm On Mar 09, 2019
Please gurus in the house, I just got an Asus eee PC netbook, but the problem is

1. It blinks orange light while charging, please is this normal?

2. The battery goes off after some minutes of power disruption.

3. When it charges to 65% it will remain there till thy kingdom comes.

Please what's the solution?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kunleforreal(m): 3:24pm On Mar 09, 2019
ganie:
Dear engineers, please I need to get a new motherboard for my Lenovo ThinkPad laptop, anyone to fix it here?

Hello, call or whatsapp me if you are in Lagos
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kunleforreal(m): 3:26pm On Mar 09, 2019
Paschez:
Please gurus in the house, I just got an Asus eee PC netbook, but the problem is

Hello, just change the laptop battery because it is weak
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kunleforreal(m): 3:28pm On Mar 09, 2019
Kelvinprinzyy:
Engineers in the house please help me. My laptop hp, the hard drive removed, the screws holding it us bad, so I normally pack it with something. But over months now I can't use it because once I put it on, it won't display anything, the system will show that it's on but no display, no sound. Please what can be done, I've tried putting back the hard drive properly but still the same

Hello, that is hardware problem ; call or whatsapp me for fixing if you are in Lagos or take to a competent laptop technician around you fixing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 4:05pm On Mar 09, 2019
hardeybhayour:
Hello ,What is wrong cause whenever I try to plug my dell d620 when it's on its just off it's screen until Remove the charger And do a warm booting before Its becomes responsive again,Pleease enlighten me on how to correct it

Replace your charger.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 4:07pm On Mar 09, 2019
Kelvinprinzyy:
Engineers in the house please help me. My laptop hp, the hard drive removed, the screws holding it us bad, so I normally pack it with something. But over months now I can't use it because once I put it on, it won't display anything, the system will show that it's on but no display, no sound. Please what can be done, I've tried putting back the hard drive properly but still the same

Graphic issue, take it to a laptop technician.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 4:08pm On Mar 09, 2019
Paschez:

Replace the battery.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Predstan: 4:08pm On Mar 09, 2019
Alienware 13
16Gb Ram
1TB HDD
Core it
2gb Nvidia Geforce
Price 180k

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kelvinprinzyy(m): 4:27pm On Mar 09, 2019
Kunleforreal:

Hello, that is hardware problem ; call or whatsapp me for fixing if you are in Lagos or take to a competent laptop technician around you fixing.
like how much will it cost, so I can know my budget, and drop your office address
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kunleforreal(m): 4:29pm On Mar 09, 2019
Kelvinprinzyy:
like how much will it cost, so I can know my budget, and drop your office address

Please, call or whatsapp me for discussion
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tessyjnr: 6:18pm On Mar 09, 2019
Can I convert external hard disk to system hard disk?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Paschez(m): 8:06pm On Mar 09, 2019
Kunleforreal:

Hello, just change the laptop battery because it is weak

Thanks man
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Paschez(m): 8:06pm On Mar 09, 2019
Thanks bro
udemzyudex:

Replace the battery.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kunleforreal(m): 8:42pm On Mar 09, 2019
tessyjnr:

There are some external hard drive that can be used as internal hard drive. But, you have to disassemble your external hard drive before you can know whether it is possible or not.

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:25pm On Mar 09, 2019
tessyjnr:

If the connector are the same and your laptop can take in both slim or normal size hdd, no problem.

You also have to confirm if your hdd is working well and can be use as internal hdd because not all external hdd can work as internal.
Check the HDD health to be sure, if it is 100% then you're good to go.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 5:20am On Mar 10, 2019
Brownhypo:

One of the capacitors in the adapter is bad. You can get a new adapter to fix this. Ensure it is not those Chinese knockoffs.

Your system would be worse for it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (993) (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.