Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,236 members, 7,836,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (990) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1277473 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (987) (988) (989) (990) (991) (992) (993) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 12:56am On Feb 12, 2019
RUDEBOYY:

just imedieatly... it will just flash a blue background and restart.

The RAM might be faulty,you need to replace it and see.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:01am On Feb 12, 2019
U1:

Thanks, bro. The CAP key light isn't coming on - even an external keyboard won't. Does it mean the system is fried?

I have not tried another RAM yet because I don't want to buy another. What becomes of that if the laptop is now completely useless? That's why I'm reluctant about this.

There's no blinking cursor on the screen and a torch didn't reveal anything.

What actually happened before this issue came up was that the Window logo remained on the screen, which looked rather gibberish, on startup. I decided to restart the notebook and that's it.

Thanks for the response.

The CAP LOCK key light didn't come on at all. The other steps sound more technical for me.

Man, does it mean the mini has given up on me just like that?

It's likely I'll have to cannibalise it if it's going to cost more than 5k to fix.

You don't have to pay much, all u have to do is take your laptop to an engineer and tell him you want to replace the RAM, DDR2 is not expensive.

If he put another one there and it work then you pay for it, if it doesn't you can negotiate with him to fix it for you.

If the price is above your budget, you can go back another time or decide to dump it.

The choice is yours. grin

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:15am On Feb 12, 2019
Samfilo31:
Guys i need help

I wanted formatting my windows 7 and reinstalling the OS thou with external CDROM cos my internal CD drive is giving me hard time detecting DVD disk.

Now my main problem is that during the restart process and on the select boot option page have selected to from external CD rom but after restart it still didn't boot up from the external CD and it didn't even show the "press any key to boot from cd"

Please any help on how i can make my system boot from external CD rom have tried almost 4 external CD rom so no one should ask me to try another one

What is the model of your laptop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:52am On Feb 12, 2019
U1:

Thanks, bro. The CAP key light isn't coming on - even an external keyboard won't. Does it mean the system is fried?

I have not tried another RAM yet because I don't want to buy another. What becomes of that if the laptop is now completely useless? That's why I'm reluctant about this.

There's no blinking cursor on the screen and a torch didn't reveal anything.

What actually happened before this issue came up was that the Window logo remained on the screen, which looked rather gibberish, on startup. I decided to restart the notebook and that's it.

Thanks for the response.

The CAP LOCK key light didn't come on at all. The other steps sound more technical for me.

Man, does it mean the mini has given up on me just like that?

It's likely I'll have to cannibalise it if it's going to cost more than 5k to fix.

Well, probably sad
Most likely if a fix isn't working, a motherboard change is way to goo.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 10:14am On Feb 12, 2019
The model of my laptop is
Hp pavilion dv6700 it not showing option to be able to boot from external cd rom
udemzyudex:

What is the model of your laptop?
screenshot is bellow

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:42am On Feb 12, 2019
Samfilo31:
The model of my laptop is
Hp pavilion dv6700 it not showing option to be able to boot from external cd rom screenshot is bellow

Go to bios setup, boot menu and check if you will see the option of external cd when u connect it.

In some models depending on the bios, other options won't show on the list unless you move it up or move it down.

Again, depending on the model you have to set it to compatability, Legacy or UEFI mode.

BTW why are you using external cd rom when you can easily create a boot able windows with USB flash (8gb)

It is faster than using cd.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 11:04am On Feb 12, 2019
udemzyudex:

Go to bios setup, boot menu and check if you will see the option of external cd when u connect it.

In some models depending on the bios, other options won't show on the list unless you move it up or move it down.

Again, depending on the model you have to set it to compatability, Legacy or UEFI mode.

BTW why are you using external cd rom when you can easily create a boot able windows with USB flash (8gb)

bro i have been formating systems wit external CDROM for a long time which am aware of the boot options

But u said dat got my attention is dat part u said depending on some bios dat other options wont show unless you set legacy or UEFI mode.

Please brother since have done all other process it remaining settings de legacy or UEFI
PLEASE wud u help me out on how i can set it up
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 11:07am On Feb 12, 2019
udemzyudex:

bro i have been formating systems wit external CDROM for a long time which am aware of the boot options

But u said dat got my attention is dat part u said depending on some bios dat other options wont show unless you set legacy or UEFI mode.

Please brother since have done all other process it remaining settings de legacy or UEFI

For the boot able flash drive, i have just 4gb flash and 3 external hard drive
Because of the hard drive makes me not have interest in flash

Pls help me bro. I want to format windows 7 out and install windows 8
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dhavid(m): 11:41am On Feb 12, 2019
Please any reputable engineer from osogbo or Ilesha
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by superfelix: 2:29pm On Feb 12, 2019
superfelix:
Help.
When i switch on me PC.
The Screen is Blank.
anybody!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 12, 2019
My Mac book can't boot anymore, I downloaded Os X high Sierra and tried making a bootable USB stick with transmac after watching on YouTube. It took almost 12 hours to write to USB but when I inserted the USB, held options key and press the power on button I don't see the Boot USB avaliable. I don't know anyone who owns a Mac else it would be easy to restore the dmg image to USB with disk utility. I can't use the internet recovery option to reinstall the Os my internet is not fast enough so that might take an entire day. Any advice for me?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Thunday1005(m): 8:15pm On Feb 12, 2019
Just bought a London used HP laptop last week, tried switching it on today but backlight not working.
Any possible solution
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:20pm On Feb 12, 2019
grossintel:
My Mac book can't boot anymore, I downloaded Os X high Sierra and tried making a bootable USB stick with transmac after watching on YouTube. It took almost 12 hours to write to USB but when I inserted the USB, held options key and press the power on button I don't see the Boot USB avaliable. I don't know anyone who owns a Mac else it would be easy to restore the dmg image to USB with disk utility. I can't use the internet recovery option to reinstall the Os my internet is not fast enough so that might take an entire day. Any advice for me?

Hi.

Insert the USB stick, power on while pressing the Control key. Not options key.

Let's know if it worked
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:22pm On Feb 12, 2019
Thunday1005:
Just bought a London used HP laptop last week, tried switching it on today but backlight not working.
Any possible solution

Hi.
A week. Hmmm, consider enforcing your warranty.
*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Thunday1005(m): 10:33pm On Feb 12, 2019
Razak5:

Hi. A week. Hmmm, consider enforcing your warranty. *Cheers*
but how much will it cost to repair it. HP pro book 6455b
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:12am On Feb 13, 2019
Samfilo31:

For the boot able flash drive, i have just 4gb flash and 3 external hard drive
Because of the hard drive makes me not have interest in flash

Pls help me bro. I want to format windows 7 out and install windows 8
WhatsApp me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:14am On Feb 13, 2019
superfelix:

anybody!

From what you wrote it means your laptop powers on but no display.

1. Press the caplock button and see if it is working fine

2. What is the model of your laptop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:16am On Feb 13, 2019
grossintel:

I'll advise you take it to a laptop technician to help you reinstall the operating system since you don't have everything you need to make it work.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:20am On Feb 13, 2019
Thunday1005:
Any possible solution

Yeah,
1. Some seller will give 1 week, 1 month or 2 weeks warranty, some don't give it all depend on your negotiation with the seller.

If you have warranty you can take it back, they will fix it for you as long as there is no physical damage.

2. Take it to a laptop technician for repair,cos there is nothing you can do since its a motherboard issue.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 13, 2019
Razak5:

Hi.

Insert the USB stick, power on while pressing the Control key. Not options key.

Let's know if it worked
It didn't work, I copied the disk image to one of my hard drives, and booted to internet recovery then diskutil, there I used High Sierra OS image option and restored the image to my flash drive which I formatted to Apfs to my greatest surprise it didn't work either. Most of the posts I see online regarding this are related to hackintoch (install OS X on non Apple PC). It's really driving me crazy, I tried intenet recovery with ntel unlimited but it was too slow and along the line the download stopped with unable to connect to host error.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by superfelix: 12:22pm On Feb 13, 2019
udemzyudex:

From what you wrote it means your laptop powers on but no display.

1. Press the caplock button and see if it is working fine

2. What is the model of your laptop?

1. Yes.
, working

2. Hp probook 6450b
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Thunday1005(m): 1:01pm On Feb 13, 2019
superfelix:

1. Yes.
, working

2. Hp probook 6455b

am having same issue with urs

But want to know the how much they Wil repair it, b4 I take it to a technician
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Elcapo(m): 3:23pm On Feb 13, 2019
Hi engineers,
I have a Dell inspiron 15 (3558) that has been giving me errors intermittently error code : "MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION " while loud noise comes from it's speaker.
I have done everything possible
1. Scan the hardware for any errors [No errors]
2. Remove one RAM and let the pc run on the other RAM
3. Repair the O.S
4. Formatting and entire system
5. Removing dust from the Fan and the board
Please if anyone has any other suggestions, I'll be glad to hear it and more glad if anyone could refer me to a better pc engineer in ibadan
PLEASE HELP!!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by uyijiano4u(m): 9:08pm On Feb 13, 2019
so last week tuesday I bought this multi uso charger from a branded shop, just because it has two usb port for charging phone, I slot one usb charger on and the result was the charger got burnt....thank God I bought it from a branded shop, I got a guarantee.....just coming back from the shop with a replacement

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 5:30am On Feb 14, 2019
Please i need help on how i can set up my system bios configuration to show external CDROM for me to be able to format my systems

Am unable to use my systems for 4 days now
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:40am On Feb 15, 2019
grossintel:
Fixed : I'm going to leave this here incase someone happens to have the same issue with mine. This is for those who own a Mac and have the dmg os x installation file but cannot install because the Mac is not bootable and no strong internet connection to reinstall os x from internet recovery. Forget transmac, it won't work. All tutorials online don't address this issue like in my case where we have poor internet connection. So this is what you will need.

1. A copy of the os x dmg file
2. Two external hard drive or USB stick with at list 16gb
3. An internet connection.

Step 1: hold command + R and turn on PC, keep holding till it boots to recovery, if it doesn't then you should see starting internet recovery. You can connect to wifi and it will proceed.

Step 2 connect both USBs, one should have a copy of the dmg os x file and the other should be a blank USB. I suggest you name for reference purposes.

Step 3: select disk utility, from the options menu you should see select image or something like that, browse the USB where the dmg os x file is and select the file. Disk utility will mount the image and you will see the drive with the os x name example High sierra.

Step 4: exit disk utility from the options menu, but don't restart your pc. You will return to the main menu, from utilities menu select terminal and it will open. Now type this commands as follows.

Start from browsing the options menu and select import, you will see the mounted os x high Sierra image, now select the installer and drag it into terminal, the path to the file will follow and it should look like this

Volumes/USB1/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/

Now add the following code to it:

Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB2

So the code should look like this

Volumes/USB1/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB2

Please note that USB1 and USB2 are the names of my USB drives so substitute with yours (USB1 has the dmg file and USB2 is empty)

Now add the rest of the code and the final code should look like this :

Volumes/USB1/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB2 - -applicationpath Volumes/USB1/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app

Step 5: Press the enter key and you will be prompted that USB2 will be erased, just type y and enter to continue. It will start the process of making the USB bootable. Wait till its done and you should be able to boot into the USB by holding c when you power on or options key then select the bootable drive.

It took me almost a week of searching the internet and no solution could fit my situation. I figured it out after trying alot of things.

Edited: If Mojave is installed on your computer, then you can't use - -applicationpath because it's now deprecated. So you need to delete this line

- -applicationpath Volumes/USB1/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app

So the final code should be

Volumes/USB1/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB2
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 15, 2019
grossintel:
Fixed : I'm going to leave this here incase someone happens to have the same issue with mine. This is for those who own a Mac and have the dmg os x installation file but cannot install because the Mac is not bootable and no strong internet connection to reinstall os x from internet recovery. Forget transmac, it won't work. All tutorials online don't address this issue like in my case where we have poor internet connection. So this is what you will need.

Step 1: hold command + R and turn on PC, keep holding till it boots to recovery, if it doesn't then you should see starting internet recovery. You can connect to wifi and it will proceed.

Step 2 connect both USBs, one should have a copy of the dmg os x file and the other should be a blank USB. I suggest you name for reference purposes.

Step 3: select disk utility, from the options menu you should see select image or something like that, browse the USB where the dmg os x file is and select the file. Disk utility will mount the image and you will see the drive with the os x name example High sierra.

Step 4: exit disk utility from the options menu, but don't restart your pc. You will return to the main menu, from utilities menu select terminal and it will open. Now type this commands as follows.

Start from browsing the options menu and select import, you will see the mounted os x high Sierra image, now select the installer and drag it into terminal, the path to the file will follow and it should look like this

Please note that USB1 and USB2 are the names of my USB drives so substitute with yours (USB1 has the dmg file and USB2 is empty)

Volumes/USB1/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB2 - -applicationpath Volumes/USB1/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app

Step 5: Press the enter key and you will be prompted that USB2 will be erased, just type y and enter to continue. It will start the process of making the USB bootable. Wait till its done and you should be able to boot into the USB by holding c when you power on or options key then select the bootable drive.

It took me almost a week of searching the internet and no solution could fit my situation. I figured it out after trying alot of things.

Good afternoon bro.
Lately my system unnecessarily get hot even without doing much on it,honestly it can iron 2-3 clothes .
it also goes off when it becomes hot.
my WiFi connection also is showing a Red "X" symbol on it.
Your help wll be appreciated
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 2:33pm On Feb 15, 2019
WeedSeller:

Good afternoon bro.
Lately my system unnecessarily get hot even without doing much on it,honestly it can iron 2-3 clothes .

Do you observe maybe the fan is working?
If yes maybe the fan vet as blocked and you need to apply thermal paste on the processor call or whatsapp 08139462401 if you’re in Lagos
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 15, 2019
WeedSeller:

Good afternoon bro.

I need more info, what's your operating system? Is this a laptop or desktop pc? How long has it been since you bought it and have you ever cleaned the heat sink? When it gets so hot, does the fan spin so fast and loud? Finally what is the model of your computer?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:45pm On Feb 15, 2019
grossintel:

This is great... No hoarding...just a free heart that wants to help others navigate same hurdle...
This is way to go

*Cheers*

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lanibi(f): 9:13pm On Feb 15, 2019
My laptop keep saying "Operating system not found"

Any solution to that please.
Thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 10:07pm On Feb 15, 2019
I use UltraISO to make my flash bootable with windows 8

My question is after formatting the system can I format out the installation files in the flash drive and continue using my amiable flash in a normal way

Or since have converted the flash to bootable device it can never be use again
I mean to copy and also save files

Pls i need help

(1) (2) (3) ... (987) (988) (989) (990) (991) (992) (993) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.