Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,999 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Onofiok Luke Dances, Celebrates Good Friday In His Village. See Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onofiok Luke Dances, Celebrates Good Friday In His Village. See Photos (18802 Views)

Bbnaija : Akwa Ibom Assembly Speaker 'onofiok' Supports Kemen / Onofiok Luke Gives Cars, Motorcycles, Other Items To His Constituents (Pics) / Onofiok Luke Empowers 10 People With 100k Each, Calls For Buhari & Udom Support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onofiok Luke Dances, Celebrates Good Friday In His Village. See Photos by Xposer: 12:14pm On Mar 26, 2016
Speaker of the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Onofiok Luke, on Friday reminisced on his days as a child whose mum was committed to the well-being of their early Christian congregation. The Speaker who attended the Good Friday service this morning at Qua Iboe Church, Itak, said the congregation shaped his adolescent life.

Sharing his story with the church congregation, Hon. Luke said his mother was instrumental to his commitment to the ministry as a teenager. “I remember how we used to walk from Immaculate school, where my mum used to work, to this congregation. Mum used to bring us to clean the church very early. When the old congregation couldn’t immediately raise the money to buy laterite for the church building, mum would bring us to dig the pit, take the laterite therein to fill the church site.

“I recall that when the church here stated in 1984, it was first in a village council hall in Nnung Udoe Itak. It later moved to the primary school still here at Nnung Udoe Itak. On Good Fridays like this, we would prepare and come very early to church. Today, we are all grateful to our mother for the upbringing we got since this has brought us a lot of testimonies as a family. This is why I always urge parents to raise their children in the way of the Lord as the Bible commands.”

The Speaker recalled too that it was at the Itak congregation that he took baptismal classes which led to his baptism in 1992. He also urged the younger generation to show commitment to the things of the lord through their service in God’s house in whatever capacity that they have.

http://www.nationalhelm.com/2016/03/akwa-ibom-speaker-dances-in-church-as.html

Re: Onofiok Luke Dances, Celebrates Good Friday In His Village. See Photos by Xposer: 12:16pm On Mar 26, 2016
more

Re: Onofiok Luke Dances, Celebrates Good Friday In His Village. See Photos by CastedDude: 12:17pm On Mar 26, 2016
good for him
Re: Onofiok Luke Dances, Celebrates Good Friday In His Village. See Photos by dainformant(m): 12:21pm On Mar 26, 2016
humble man

6 Likes

Re: Onofiok Luke Dances, Celebrates Good Friday In His Village. See Photos by hucienda: 12:21pm On Mar 26, 2016
The AI HoA Speaker, Hon. O Luke looks polished.. would be monitoring the young man's political trajectory.

13 Likes

Re: Onofiok Luke Dances, Celebrates Good Friday In His Village. See Photos by ITbomb(m): 12:29pm On Mar 26, 2016
Let me see
Re: Onofiok Luke Dances, Celebrates Good Friday In His Village. See Photos by pendusky(m): 1:03pm On Mar 26, 2016
Akwa Ibom Next Governor. I just love this man....

17 Likes

Re: Onofiok Luke Dances, Celebrates Good Friday In His Village. See Photos by chriskosherbal(m): 5:39pm On Mar 26, 2016
Yea that's a good one.

2 Likes

Re: Onofiok Luke Dances, Celebrates Good Friday In His Village. See Photos by damton(m): 6:18pm On Mar 26, 2016
E never dance until e start to dance SHOKI.

Anyways, may the season portends good tidings for us all
Re: Onofiok Luke Dances, Celebrates Good Friday In His Village. See Photos by Noblebrown7(m): 6:19pm On Mar 26, 2016
Lolz..
Re: Onofiok Luke Dances, Celebrates Good Friday In His Village. See Photos by bolt000(m): 6:19pm On Mar 26, 2016
Lmao.. Nice dance. grin
Re: Onofiok Luke Dances, Celebrates Good Friday In His Village. See Photos by Sunnycliff(m): 6:19pm On Mar 26, 2016
Make him try give his home church a befitting look joor!
Re: Onofiok Luke Dances, Celebrates Good Friday In His Village. See Photos by ideology(m): 6:20pm On Mar 26, 2016
The next governor of Akwa Ibom, 2023.

It appears that only states governed by younger generation are developing.

8 Likes

Re: Onofiok Luke Dances, Celebrates Good Friday In His Village. See Photos by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 26, 2016
definitely the church has not been benefitting from him...
still incompleted.
Re: Onofiok Luke Dances, Celebrates Good Friday In His Village. See Photos by biafranrealson: 6:22pm On Mar 26, 2016
good for you. remember why the people voted you
Re: Onofiok Luke Dances, Celebrates Good Friday In His Village. See Photos by imohchard(m): 6:22pm On Mar 26, 2016
Atleast he did not use state funds to beautify the church and decieve himself that he is giving to God like some of them do at one church at ibadan express way and another at ota....

I called no names.. Don't crucify me

8 Likes

Re: Onofiok Luke Dances, Celebrates Good Friday In His Village. See Photos by Godswillnwaoma(m): 6:24pm On Mar 26, 2016
He look so meek.

1 Like

Re: Onofiok Luke Dances, Celebrates Good Friday In His Village. See Photos by petkoffdrake2(m): 6:27pm On Mar 26, 2016
See where he worships... And he's a youth. Not those Buhari like polithiefans who will want to worship in goldplated mosque nd churches tongue

1 Like

Re: Onofiok Luke Dances, Celebrates Good Friday In His Village. See Photos by 4nobody4every1: 6:27pm On Mar 26, 2016
cool

Re: Onofiok Luke Dances, Celebrates Good Friday In His Village. See Photos by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 26, 2016
that Qua-Iboe church dey move market for AKS well well. I have always wondered if it's their regional church, never seen it outside that state.

2 Likes

Re: Onofiok Luke Dances, Celebrates Good Friday In His Village. See Photos by Jediel1(m): 6:28pm On Mar 26, 2016
Him try. nxt one
Re: Onofiok Luke Dances, Celebrates Good Friday In His Village. See Photos by Dhavido(m): 6:34pm On Mar 26, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Make him try give his home church a befitting look joor!
Can't you see that the church is under construction
Re: Onofiok Luke Dances, Celebrates Good Friday In His Village. See Photos by blezynetym(f): 6:41pm On Mar 26, 2016
My Speaker for Life. Abiak a ke biak.
Re: Onofiok Luke Dances, Celebrates Good Friday In His Village. See Photos by DankemzI(m): 6:47pm On Mar 26, 2016
This guy get mouth I Swear!
He's even more powerful and popular than the State Governor.
I believe one day, he'll rule Akwa Ibom

2 Likes

Re: Onofiok Luke Dances, Celebrates Good Friday In His Village. See Photos by DankemzI(m): 6:49pm On Mar 26, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
that Qua-Iboe church dey move market for AKS well well. I have always wondered if it's their regional church, never seen it outside that state.

It's a river in Akwa Ibom
The state got the name from Que Iboe=Akwa Ibom .
You see it's a regional thingy
Re: Onofiok Luke Dances, Celebrates Good Friday In His Village. See Photos by tempest01(m): 6:52pm On Mar 26, 2016
l
Re: Onofiok Luke Dances, Celebrates Good Friday In His Village. See Photos by diasporaman(m): 6:59pm On Mar 26, 2016
Our God is a complete God and he doesn't dwell in an uncompleted building so Mr Speaker make sure the pastor smile to the bank after Easter

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos 2019: Osinbajo Denies Endorsing Sanwo-olu / Prepare For Uprising If You Hike Fuel Price, Abdulsalam Warns FG / Governor Wike Investigates Cause Of Flood Just After 10 Hours Downpour (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.