Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,862 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. - Literature (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. (397047 Views)

Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) / She Slept In The Kitchen And Won My Heart - Chukwuba Chiluba / Stole My Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (60) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by heemah(f): 1:19pm On Jun 11, 2016
Speechless..........How can a mother do that to her own child?

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by aprilwise(m): 3:22pm On Jun 11, 2016
Thanks for the updates. Pls unveiled the mystery of jake nd his mother.

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Missyetty(f): 7:08pm On Jun 11, 2016
heemah:
Speechless..........How can a mother do that to her own child?
Same here, I dn't get it....is it obssession or what? The mother has done so much harm to Jake, pitying him already.

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by amfo(f): 9:20pm On Jun 11, 2016
Thanks Aunty Tiff

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 11, 2016
we come back @Tiff nice story n' am loving it
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by marianneada(f): 10:01am On Jun 12, 2016
I'm new in nairaland,ur story made me join d group.u're a great writer but my problem with u is ur lateness in updating,pls don't take us ur fans for granted.ur readers are lamenting!One love!Happy Sunday dear!In love with ur story though.
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by marianneada(f): 10:05am On Jun 12, 2016
Thank God for ur recovery.May God give u d strength u need in ur life endeavors! So Happy u're back.Thanks for d update!
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by DONOCHAS(m): 2:36pm On Jun 12, 2016
Tiffany you are a very good writer thanks for the update
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Maryclaire1(f): 3:38pm On Jun 12, 2016
thank God you are much better,welcome back and thanks for the update TJ

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by mhizdaniella(f): 4:35pm On Jun 13, 2016
one of the best in romance sub genre, Tiffany has begun another series update that is filled with action, suspense and smart characters, all wrapped up into one. i highly recommend every NL to read this sultry, spine-tingling and sensational story. will appeal to everyone regardless of gender. keep it up Tiffany Dear, great creativity.

2 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 4:26pm On Jun 14, 2016
They returned home three days later. Maureen had cried her eyes out that she had no strength for anymore tears. She alighted from the car and without looking at either Victoria or Anthony, walked slowly to her room. There, she flung and broke whatever she set her eyes on. By the time she finished the room was a mess. She lay on the floor and slept.
It was victoria that woke her up an hour later.
'Mummy?'
'Yes?', she forced her eyes opened
'I'm hungry'
'Go away Victoria'
'No'
She laid down and ignored her daughter. The little girl walked to Anthony in tears.
'What is it?'
'I'm hungry'
'Where is your mummy?'
'sleeping'
He called her nanny and handed over Victoria to her. Anthony placed a call to one of his contacts
'Hello?'
'Jo how is business?'
'Fine. Anything for me?'
'Yes, I want you to look for my son'
'Your son?'
'Yes. My second son. When you find him, bundle him and bring him back here'
'He isn't a good, he is man'
'Your work is to listen and act while I pay. Do not ask questions'
He ended the call. Yes, Jake would not run away from his responsibilities. When Maureen did not appear for dinner, he was forced to seek her out. He knocked on the door three times, waited for two minutes and turned the knob.
Anthony sighed at the sight that greeted him. The room was a complete mess. He looked at the bed, she wasn't in it. His eyes scanned the room for her and he finally decided she must be in the bathroom when a sigh made him turned to a corner of her bed. He walked into the room and found her, on the floor, shivering.
'What is wrong?'
'I'm so cold', she said.
'How long did you lay on the floor?'
'I can't remember'
'How long were you in that pool at the back of Jake's house last night?'
'I can't remember'
'Maureen'
'Go away sir, I want nothing more than to die'
'You can't die. What about Victoria?'
'She will have you. There is nothing left for me in this life anymore'
'Of cause there is, your brother, Mich, your nephews, I and even Victoria'
'its Jake I want sir, no one, not even Victoria can take away the pain I feel'
'Not even the baby?'
'Especially, not the baby. I made a complete fool of myself again'
She cried and Anthony was there for her to cried on his chest. At that moment, he hated his son. She whimpered again and he was forced to get to the bed, look for a blanked and cover her.
'Maureen, look at me, you need help. I will call Linda to help you bath, and then put you in bed'
'No, not Linda, Henry would surely laugh at me'
'Okay, I will call Mich'
'Please don't, I can't bear for Joel to come in here with her. It would kill me'
'So Tara it is'
'Promise me Jordan won't follow her'
'I promise'
He walked out of the room. He cursed his old age for not being able to lift her off the damn floor. Thirty minutes later, Tara appeared at her father's house with Shan on her heels. They went to the stairs and pushed the door opened.
'Christ, Maureen. What happened? Father just called and told me you need help. Said I should only come with Shan and no one is to know'
'Tara, I...I...', Maureen burst into tears
'What happened?'
'I can't go through this again. I can't, I won't survive it'
'He left again, didn't he?', Tara asked
'Yes, left me, alone and pregnant'
Tara hugged Maureen to her. She pushed some strands of hair of Maureen's face and sooth her. What she didn't understand was why Maureen loved Jake.
'You are cold'
'Yes, but the pain in my heart won't go away. Its so severe I can't sleep at night'
'Quickly Shan, remove everything from the bed and put another linens. We need to help her bath and put her in bed', Tara commanded Shan.
Shan looked at Maureen with pity as he walked to do what Tara told her. Tara got rid of the blanked, she removed Maureen's clothes and went to fill the tub with hot water. With Shan's help, they helped her into the tub, bathed her and brought her back to bed where they dressed her and helped her into bed. Tara fed her and she soon dozed off but she was trashing and crying even in her sleep.
By the time, both Tara and Shan rearranged and swept the room, she made an announcement.
'Never will I fall in love again. Never will I go through this process again'
'Shan!'
'I'm serious Tara, when clark discovered that I am not an heiress and that I owned no part of the law firm, he was angry. I couldn't understand. His attitude towards me changed. I confided in a friend once that I am only a poor relative enjoying you and Jordan's generosity, she told. him. I was at his house for the weekend and he came home very drunk, he beat me up and called me a liar for not telling him I have nothing'
'What?', Tara asked 'and you never did told me this?'
'I can't. Seeing Maureen like this reminded me of Clark and all the pains I went through. I have already decided to never fall in love again'
'You can't have a loveless marriage Shan, I won't allow it'
Shan looked at Tara with so much stubbornness and determination.
'I have also decided to never marry. I don't wish for that'
'Do you have a boyfriend Shan?'
'No. I am a medical doctor now. My job is now my boyfriend'
'You don't sometimes feel lonely?'
'No'
Tara stared, She had serious problems in her hands. She made a mental note to have a talk with Jordan, and then Shan'

They left Anthony's house late and she had to explain to her husband that Jake had left again. Two days later, all family members knew about it. Maureen locked the door to her room and refused to see anyone, not even Mich.
'Maureen open the damn door', she heard her brother said.
'gloat all you want but I will not'
'I won't gloat, I just want to see you, touch you and hug you. I miss my sister'
'I am not talking to you remember?'
It was a surprise to them all that Maureen avoided them for two months. She ate her food in her room, read novels and hardly come out. Anthony, understanding her reasons, had warned the maids to let no one near her room. She wasn't ready to see them yet. At night, when everyone was sleeping, she would walked around the house and put her hands on her stomach and cry. By the early hours of the morning, Maureen would return to her cage.
'Maureen open the door', she heard Anthony said one afternoon.
'Are you alone?'
'I have Victoria'
'Go away'
'She misses her mother'
Reluctantly, the opened the door and Victoria ran into her mother's arms.
'I miss you mummy'
'I know'
Victoria looked at her mother and burst into tears. She knew her daddy was the cause of all these unhappiness. Anthony couldn't explain to Maureen that her daughter hardly concentrate in class. Victoria had withdrawn into a shell. She stopped fighting for attention and had turned down invitation to spend a week with Jordan. Joel tried and she had simply shook her head. Henry was the last to try and the little girl said 'no' in capital letters.
'Why?', Henry asked her.
'Nothing'
'Come, you can play with Miracle and Daisy'
'No. I don't want to go anywhere'
'You missed your daddy?'
Her little eyes lit up and she said, very loudly.
' How can you miss someone who doesn't want you, uncle Henry?'
With that she ran up the stairs to her room. No one ever invited her again. Her test results were nothing to write home about and she spent her time, in her room, alone, drawing and painting.
'Why do you cry?', Maureen asked
'Are you ill?'
'No, I am fine'
'Then stop hiding in this room', was all she said and ran out of the room.
There was silent. Maureen wondered. The girl was just four years old.
'your daughter is right. You can't hide here anymore'
'I am not hiding'
'What then are you doing?'
'Brooding'
'Then stop brooding. It is time for you to register yourself in a hospital for ante natal check-up'
'I will never go to Joel's'
'Okay. Go to any hospital of your liking. Your pregnancy is already four months. Shouldn't you start shopping?'
'I don't want to. Send any of the maid. I have Jake's ATM, that will cover the expenses.

'Maureen?'
'She slowly turned and saw her brother. He looked at her with pity. She was already in her eight month. She managed to smile but she just stared at him.
'What do you want?'
'I am your only brother'
'If you are here to tell me 'I told you so' don't'
'I'm not here for that'
'Why are you here? To gloat at my misfortune?'
'No, to tell you that I miss you and that I am sorry for the way I treated you. You are a woman, capable of making a decision and i allowed my anger got the better of me and I shamed you terribly. Can you ever forgive me Maureen?'
'Joel..I'
'I'm tired of the silence Maureen. I can't bear it no more. I promise to never get in your way but allow you make your decisions even though, your decisions sometimes sulks'
'Okay'
'Hy, I want my meddling, stubborn, and selfish sister back or I swear I will die before my time'
Maureen ran into his arms and sobbed uncontrollably. He held her tightly to him and let his own tears fall. His parents left her in his care and he had failed her and them. He couldn't even protect her and look at her, hurt twice and there was nothing he could do.
'I'm sorry Maureen, I failed you'
He told her over and over again. She cried harder.
'You warned me Joel. I failed myself'
Ten minutes later, she took him to her room and the two sat on the bed.
'I brought you something'
'What?'
He went out and returned with a photo album. Maureen curiously sat up.
He opened and she was shocked to see pictures she never thought to see again. She saw her parents wedding picture, her mother holding Joel and then she saw her pictures when she was small. She saw the family pictures and then saw the last birthday she celebrated with her parents.
'Where did you get this from?'
'I went up to the antic. They were packed in a box. I bought this album'
'Oh Joel, I miss you'
Mich said to say hi. Jessica is yet to meet her aunt'
'Yes, but soon'
'Come Maureen', her brother commanded.
she went to him. He laid on the bed and she on his chest. They had finally made peace. She slept in his arms. Slept deeply and feeling very protected for the first time in months.
When he was sure she was asleep, Joel slowly slipped off the bed, he looked down at his sister. She wasn't a kid anymore. He kissed her cheek and covered her body with a duvet. Slowly, he walked out of the room.

Somewhere in Lagos, Jake eyes slowly opened his eyes. He wondered where he was and tried to sat up but couldn't. The door snapped open and a young nurse came in
'Oh my God, he is awake', she shouted excitedly.
'Maureen. Call Maureen for me'
'Who is Maureen?', she asked, confused.
Another woman walked in. She was very excited. She looked so fresh and beautiful and calmed he almost smiled at her.
'I am your mother, why would you ask for her first instead of me?'
'Mother? You died a long time ago'
'Here I am, flesh and blood'
'What happened to me?'
'You had an accident and had been in a coma'
'How long?'
'Seven months'
He bolted.'What?'
;yes'
'I need to go. I promised Maureen and Victoria. Oh my God, they will hate me'
'You are going no where Jake. I lost Henry to Anthony, I won't loose you too. Since Anthony had Henry, you are mine'
'You kept me here for seven months?'
'Yes'
'You are crazy'
'No I'm not. Now, get well, there is this very beautiful lady that had been waiting. You will have s.x with her and you will give me a grandson'
'I will not, you crazy woman'
'Jake, you have no say in this matter, don't fight it. Lois will carry your baby, even if I have to chain you to that bed and watch her ride you'
At that moment, Jake knew that his mother was truly crazy. Philip came in with a chain and tied his hands and legs. He looked at the nurse who looked in astonishment at a mother who would chained her son. The nurse was his only hope of escape. Surely, his mother was not only crazy, she was obsessed.
He sighed and then remembered the accident that led him in this awful predicament

9 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by saraphina(f): 4:37pm On Jun 14, 2016
nice one Tiff...

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Tbrak: 5:20pm On Jun 14, 2016
this is wickedness and not love, she want revenge what her husband did to her through jake and even fake her own death. welldone, tanx 4 d update

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Shakyroh320(f): 5:46pm On Jun 14, 2016
Madam tiffany,u shld be called ,'NOT JUST OK.COM'.u are one of d best

3 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by stunningjudy(f): 6:54pm On Jun 14, 2016
Can a mother be so heartless? It's irritating

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Missyetty(f): 7:06pm On Jun 14, 2016
Tiffany you are damn good, but this is becoming too much for Jake, it is like everyone is taking him for granted.....I just wants him to be happy for once!

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Nmaglit: 8:26pm On Jun 14, 2016
If I say ur nt a gud writer n dat ur stories r nt captivating am nt truthful wit my sef

Dear u r the best kip it up

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Nmaglit: 8:30pm On Jun 14, 2016
If I say ur r nt a gud writer or dat ur stories r nt captivating am nt been truthful to my sef

Dear u r the best kip it up

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Mayreeyam(f): 8:36pm On Jun 14, 2016
I'm nt sure she gave birth to Jake. Cos aw can a mother b doing such tyn to his son. Weldone @Tiffany more ink to ur pen

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by wumsgreen(f): 8:53pm On Jun 14, 2016
thanks for the update Tiffany u are just soooo good

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by betty88(f): 8:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
All I have to say is wow. Thanks Tiffany.

2 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by AdetoroBukola: 9:25am On Jun 15, 2016
Thanks girlfriend God bless and enrich your brain

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by missjenny(f): 1:56pm On Jun 15, 2016
thanks for the update Tiffy

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by jessysparkles(f): 1:57pm On Jun 15, 2016
this is getting more interesting. thanks tiffany 4 d update

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by aprilwise(m): 2:40pm On Jun 15, 2016
Oh God bless u for this masterpiece.

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by CuteChiluv: 7:10pm On Jun 15, 2016
Well done

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Chubbiehills(f): 9:35am On Jun 16, 2016
My heart is heavy for tears... Stupid mother

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Adikij(f): 3:16pm On Jun 16, 2016
Welcome back tiff you are simply an amazing writer

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by flowerybabe(f): 5:41pm On Jun 16, 2016
nyc one sis but dis jake mother ehn hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by flowerybabe(f): 5:44pm On Jun 16, 2016
nyc one sis but dis jake mother ehn hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 8:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
Chapter 6

6 months earlier

Jake had looked angrily at his mother. She wouldn't dare touch Maureen. She wouldn't!
'Baby are you listening, I want you to do something more for me'
'Be quick about it Helen'
His mother's eye glittered in anger. She hated it when he called her by her name.
The two were standing at the parking lot of Ikeja mall. Jake's hands held tightly to Maureen's pearl, which he just bought and the few things he got for Victoria.
'What do you have there baby?', she asked
'Nothing special'
'Oh, no. Don't tell me you are wasting my money on that Maureen girl. I have someone for you. You would love her'
'You seem to have forgotten that I am capable of making my own choice'
'I won't let you spend my money'
'You can have the inheritance you've given me back. I hate you so much that I would rather be poor than continue to be manipulated by your insanity'
'Be careful what you say Jake, Maureen will pay the price'
Jake laughed at his mother. He clutched his stomach and laughed his head off.
'I deduced that you don't care if I have her killed?'
'I care'
'Then why laugh?'
'You see, you might have killed my first love but you can't do that to Maureen and go scot free. She isn't a nobody you know'
'Of course she is. She had a brother, quite harmless man I told you. He can't retaliate'
'You under estimate Joel'
'Yes'
'Mother', he said mockingly ' do you know where Maureen is now? in your husband's house. He loved her and had made it his business to shelter her. I think he saw in her the female child you couldn't give him. Anthony will hunt you down'
'He doesn't know I am alive'
'Hmmm'
'Let's talk about your less favourite son. He is Joel's friend and had also seen her as his sister. He knew her even before I did met her. I just don't know how she did it but she had all the men you fear round her little finger'
'Henry loves Linda, not Maureen'
'True. But if you investigate, you will find out that he had been playing father to the kids she had for me.
I forgot Tara, who is related to the Jason through Mich's marriage to Joel. Surely, you fear Jordan and oh, the law firm'
'Don't you dare call that Tara girl for me. I hate her more than anyone else'
'Sure you do. Care to share why?'
'She is from Anthony and I hate all the children Anthony seer except you'
'What about Henry?'
'The day I had him, he was everything Anthony and I hated him'
'I'm getting rather bored with this discussion Helen. I'm on my to a place'
'Don't walk out on me'
'Or you will do what?. Don't you ever threatened me Helen or I swear to God I will make sure you die in reality'

Jake unlocked his car and deposited the contents inside. He put his phone in his breast pocket and turned to tell his mother to have a good day. He didn't make it to the car as he heard shouts outside and people running to the scene. Curious, he ran to the scene, crossed the road. That was the kind of man Jake was, the one who would grant his assistance whenever he could. He saw an accident victim lying on the tiled road. Blood was gushing everywhere.
'Where is the driver?', he asked no one in particular
'Its a hit and run', a plump woman reply.
The victim, a girl of about fifteen was lying unconsciously on the road. She was a fruit seller and her wares were scattered all over the floor. Jake wondered who would pay the hospital bill, at the mere look of her worn our clothes and shoes.
'I need to hurry back and get my car. I will follow them to the hospital and pay the bill then go back to Maureen', he said to himself.
With that resolution, he began running back to the parking lot for his car. So deep was he in his thought he didn't see a car appear from nowhere. He saw the car too late and wondered how the car had reached him so soon. He shouted as he felt pain all over his body. He was hit very hard. Jake groaned and passed out.
Immediately, Helen came running, cradling him and crying.
'They've killed my son o', she shouted
'the sympathy towards her by passerby was obvious because the resemblance between mother and son was glaring. Philip parked his car and helped Jake inside.
'You are taking him to the hospital?', a man asked Helen
'Yes, he is my son and I am not about to wait for the police'
'Pele', he said to her.
Two minutes later, they were on their way to her rented house.

Jake wasn't smiling as the nurse, Cynthia scooped spoon fulls of beans and plantain into his mouth. The nurse had taken an immediate like on Jake whom she believed was so lucky to have been alive after the accident.
'You are brooding again?', she admonished him.
'I'm not'
'Yes you are!'
He looked thoroughly at her. At twenty eight, she looked twenty one. She was dark, too thin for his liking. Her bosoms were small and he could tell at the moment that she wasn't wearing a bra. He remembered the day he met Maureen, she had removed her bra just to seduce him. He missed Maureen and Victoria a lot and his nurse wasn't helping at all.
'Why are you smiling?', he heard her say
'Well, nurse, I am thinking of my fiancee'
'Hey Jake, I kept insisting you should call me Cynthia'
'And I kept insisting I will pay you double what Helen and Philip are paying you if you help me escape'
'I can't'
'Why?'
'Because we've discussed this, two weeks ago'
'Okay'
'Why don't you work?'
'I helped a young lady carried out an abortion. Was caught and my licensed seized. When your mother offered me this job, it was God sent cause I really need the money'
'Help me, please'
'Why? She is your mother'
'She kidnapped me!'
'Cause she loved you'
'Is this what you call love? My family can't find me'
'She is your family'
'I kept telling you I have a father, an elder brother, a child, she is three, well, almost four and her mother...', he stopped and smiled.
'Maureen?', she asked him
'Yes'
'You asked after her when you first awake, you love her don't you?'
Yes. But I guessed I lost her again'
'Why would you say that?'
Jake took his time to explain to Cynthia how he had met Maureen, her pregnancy and his denial.
'It took three years to finally return'
'And she forgave you?'
'Yes. I promised never to leave them again. I came back to Lagos, to sell one of my houses and use the money to get us a new house. We should have been married by now. But we can't, not with all these chains on my hands and legs'
Cynthia was silent. She didn't know if she should pity a son who was kept a prisoner by his own mother or pity the mother who loved her son to distraction but the love was never returned.
'You can do the right thing Cynthia'
'I don't know where to get the keys'
'You can search for it'
'Jake, I can't. Your mother had been so nice to me'
'I think I still have my brother's phone number. Call him, I bet you he doesn't know where I am'
'You lie'
'Give it a try'
She left the room, ten minutes later, she returned with her phone and Jake called out Henry's number for her. She dialed it and it rang. She heard a deep male voice.
'Hello?'
'Hello. Good evening, please am I speaking with Henry Joseph?'
'Yep. Who are you?'
'I call about your brother, he hasn't been picking my call all these while and I am his dentist'
'What is that your name?'
'Cynthia David. You see, I saw him last two months and he had not paid his bill'
'How in the hell did you get my number?'
'He wrote it for me in case of emergency'
'You mean you saw jake last two months?'
'Yea'
'Well, I haven't seen him in over seven months. When next you see him, tell him I said, I will kill him for hurting Maureen again'
The line went dead.
'You see? He doesn't know where I am'

Helen slowly walked out. She was much more confused. Two weeks after the phone call, she made a decision. She was sure no one was home, she sneaked into philip's room and took the key she had seen in his drawer. They had so trusted her they would be surprised.
'You can go', she told him as she hastily removed his cuffs'
'Come with me, they would make you pay'
'I have family'
'Come with me to Abuja'
'No. Just go'
He gave her his father's address and slipped out of the house. He wasn't yet fully recovered but he had to leave. He immediately went to his bank, filled in an urgent withdrawal booklet and removed some money.
He knew he couldn't go back for his car, he didn't want to risk getting captured again. He took the night bus to Abuja. He arrived, tired, and hungry.

Maureen, Victoria and Anthony had a quiet breakfast. After eating, the child was taken upstairs for a bath by her nanny and Anthony settled down to listen to the 8am news.
Slowly, she pushed away her chair and walked upstairs. By the time she got to the top, she was too tired to walk to her room. She sat down on the staircase for for ten minutes.
'Maureen?, kate said you couldn't go to your room. Do you need help?', anthony asked
''No. Just wasn't to sit here for a well. Will be up soon. The kids have been kicking'
It had been a shocked when the scan result proved she was carrying twins-again. She had smiled sadly and wondered if she could go through it again.
'Are you sure?'
'Yep'
He returned to his seat and Maureen smiled sadly, she was scared. Now that the doctor said she was expected to be put to bed within the week, she remembered the pain she went through with her first pregnancy and fidgeted. She thought of Jake and wondered where he was. No one told her but she knew that he had been searched for but the search had been futile. Jake was no where to be found.
twenty minutes later, Victoria came to sit with her, blocking the stairway.
'Mummy, you are crying'
'Yes'
'You miss daddy?'
'Yes'
'I miss him too. Miracle said he heard his daddy said to his mummy that daddy doesn't want us'
Maureen was quiet. She pulled her child to her as the twins kicked.
'Touch my tommy, your brothers are playing'
'Can I play with them?'
'Yes, when they arrived'
'Mummy?'
'Yes?'
'I love you'
'I love you too pumpkin'
The two stared. Jake was fond of calling Victoria Pumpkin. Maureen saw Victoria tried not to cry. Her lips trembled and then she burst into tears.
'The cry woke Anthony from his nap and then sent the nanny out. Maureen heard the front door open. She heard Anthony cursed but didn't care. She held her daughter to her.
'Cry it all out sweetheart', she said soothingly.
Victoria suddenly stopped crying. She stared down at the dark man staring at them. Maureen wondered what what had taken her daughter's attention. She looked down,and there he was, so very handsome as she knew him to be.
'Maureen? Oh my God, you are pregnant'
Maureen was too surprised to answer. She only stared at him as bitter-sweet memory came clouding her sanity.
'Pumpkin, come and say hi to your daddy'
The girl didn't move. She sat there, looking down at him.
'Pumpkin!'
'Don't call me that'
'Jake what are you doing here'
'You and Victoria brought me back'
'Get out'
'Maureen, let me explain'
'Pocket your explanation and get out'
By now, all the maids and nanny were watching the scene in awe. Anthony had been too angry to say a word. To their surprise, Jake went on his knees, crying and begging. Maureen managed to stand up. She walked slowly to him and gave him a slap on his right cheek. It stung but Jake said nothing. Slowly, she went back to the stairs and sat down again.
'Jake, I will say it once, leave my house', his father said
'Father let me explain, I had an accident'
Maureen stood up angrily to say something. She went back quickly and stare in horror at Anthony.
'What is it?', he asked?
'I think my water just broke'

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Adasun(m): 8:36pm On Jun 18, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (60) (Reply)

Meant To Be / When Love Speaks / ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.